[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Remember when Captain Cold was suppose to pull off some big
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 478x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 478x720
>Remember when Captain Cold was suppose to pull off some big caper?
>Remember when Aquaman was on the JL?
>Remember when Lex's sister betrayed him for Darkseid?
>Remember when Shazam and Cyborg looked like they were going to fuse?
>Remember when the Doom Patrol were suppose to be rivals to the JL and play a big part?
>Remember when Supes and Wondy breaking up was suppose to be huge and catastrophic?
>Remember when Lex met Ted Kord after bis dad died (and Lex threatened him) and Lex offered his help if he ever needed it and nothing came from it?
>Remember when Pandora use to be relevant?
In all seriosness though, what happened to Geoff John's Justice League? It was suppose to be one of the greatest comics of DC ever made. And yet it's so boring. Johns makes a billion set-ups with little to no pay off. The villains and stories have just been so dull and slow. I expected better from Johns. At least better than this.
>>
>>82445531
I had fun with Forever Evil. Everything else was just really forgetable.

Like I remember being hyped as fuck for Trinity War. The Trinity of Sin had me interested and I wanted to see what Pandora's Box opened up.

Just a portal for the fucking Crime Syndacite.

>tfw we'll never know what the hell Question did for his sin
>tfw Pandora will be forgotten despite the fact she's the reason for Flash merging Wildstorm and Vertigo
>tfw Captain Cold never did anything with Lex or the League
>tfw this run literally nothing happens
>>
Remember how plastic man got introduced and then never appeared again? Is he still a puddle?
>>
Same thing that happens with every Geoff Johns series. Tons of things get alluded too because he thinks it'll be badass but he never gets around to doing it.
>>
>>82445531

This is what happens when editorial writes comics. Welcome to DC,l.
>>
>>82445752
Worst thing is that all those things are badass but we never see what happens next.
>>
>>82445868
This is painfully true
>>
>>82445531
Johns is busy because of that editorial position or something.
>>
>>82445868
is there actually a reason for it ?
>>
thats the fatal flaw of the cereal king

he will lay the ground work for all kinds of crazy bad ass plot lines and either forgets about them or fucks em up. IE brightest day

when he does follow through it can be glorious though
>>
Jesus, you're not kidding.

What the actual fuck Johns? Does he even have a book announced for rebirth?
>>
>>82445955
What are the chances any of the Rebirth writers will follow up on anything?
>>
>>82445949
In better world, all those crumbles he leaves would kickstart some other book. I said it once, I'll say it again. We need to clone Johns. At least five of them, locked in basement, fed cereals and given toys. We'd get god-tier comics.
>>
>>82445531

Johns shot himself in the foot by putting lex on the league. Him sucking at the new gods is one thing, all writers have characters they are weak with. But the Lex thing killed the book, this has been said several times, but it became "the trinity reacts to stuff Lex did" and not the Justice League
>>
>>82445969
DC Rebirth and GL book with Simon and Jessica.
>>
>>82445985
i would imagine low, unless they put it out themselves in the first place and have been trying to but couldnt because of editorial bs
>>
>>82445918
The CCO stuff, he wants to be the most important writter in DC and at the same time he doesnt have time to do it. It's an ego problem.

>>82445955
>he will lay the ground work for all kinds of crazy bad ass plot lines

Like he did with Shazam? and then cockblocked others from working with the character?
>>
>>82446036
Both are just one-shots, though.
>>
>>82446060
>Like he did with Shazam? and then cockblocked others from working with the character?
Better no book than Lobdell.
>>82446100
Hey, I just say what I know he'll write. AFAIK, he's not announced on any ongoing.
>>
File: memento_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg (38 KB, 1050x591) Image search: [Google]
memento_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg
38 KB, 1050x591
I want Rebirth to be good but I'm not getting expectations up

Been with Johns enough
>>
>>82445969
Geoff Johns said he was gonna do Rise of the Seven Seas with Dan Abnett.
>>
>>82445531
Johns needs to stick to smaller comic projects.
>>
>>82445734
I thought that was on Earth 2
>>
>>82446409
He says a lot of stuff
>>
>>82446931
True, I guess we'll see if this one pans out anyway.
>>
>>82445531
Johns' whole run feels like a placeholder for other things.
>>
>>82446891
No, it happened on Earth 0 during Forever Evil.
>>
>>82446497
Honestly, in hindsight they should have kept him on Aquaman instead of Justice League in the New 52.

Although I did like what Jeff Parker brought to the table.
>>
>>82446497
Ironically he's just about to do what's arguably the biggest in scale and most daring one shot anyone at dc has ever written. But I've still got faith in him, for some reasonl. A few days ago I read his interviews for Darkseid War and for rebirth and it looks like he has a much more clear idea of what he's going to do in the latter.
>>
Johns has too many ideas and the editors didn't do their job to keep him focused on any of them. You can obviously fault the guy for being like he is, but this has been apparent for at least a decade now. Johns is best when he has a co-writer or someone else keeping him set on just a few plots. They did not do their jobs handling him properly on JL and it shows in things like everything OP listed.
>>
>>82445531
At least we're getting the Joker's real name. Yay?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.