[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Spider-Man's webshooter so fucking huge? They're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: untitled.jpg (36 KB, 587x325) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
36 KB, 587x325
Why are Spider-Man's webshooter so fucking huge?

They're like the size of his entire wrist. Are they teasing Iron Spider?
>>
>>82436192
Reference to the Japanese Spider-Man.
>>
>>82436192
Joke answer over compensation
Real answer: Those are improvised constraptions of a someone who is not rich and still goes to school.
>>
>>82436290

But Tony gave him a new suit, you'd think he'd also help him out with the webshooters
>>
>>82436290
>>82436308

I would also imagine it's a merchandising opportunity. Web-shooter toys are gonna come back. This way they can market something that's actually seen in the movie.
>>
>>82436192
TASM did that too, remember that they even had lights when used? I guess they just can't find a way to properly hide them under the costume's wrists. Plus there's room for improvement, I guess, the whole suit is probably gonna get tweaked for the solo movie
>>
>>82436336
>get "web shooter" toy as a kid complete with glove
>it just fires this foam triangle thing

That was an odd experience.
>>
>>82436432

They don't do silly-string anymore?
>>
They're going for realism. Compressed air, compressed webbing, all the insides - it all takes room.
Also, you can't sell merch of stuff that's not visible.
>>
File: webshooters.jpg (26 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
webshooters.jpg
26 KB, 320x320
weren't they always fairly bulky?
>>
>>82436478
Silly string is problematic, Anon.
>>
>>82436192
HEY HEY HEY
WOW
>>
>>82436192
it's almost as if he's just starting out and is going to need time to develop his tech
>>
>>82436308
You could argue there was not enough time to redesign the shooter.
The costume wasn't basketball skin either.
>>
>>82437587
Tony designed the MK1 in 5 minutes by waving his hands a little, asking for a red paint job and leaving Jarvis to do the rest.
>>
>>82436192
In technology, miniaturization always comes later.
>>
>>82436192
To sell toys.
>>
>>82437797
that was the MK 2. the MK 1 was built in a box of caves
>>
>>82436432
>get web-slinger toy as a kid
>it shoots miles of silly string
>remnants of dried silly string still on house's siding to this day

Being a kid in the mid-90s was GOAT
>>
>>82436192
It's the only way he can hold all that thread
>>
>>82438337
>Being a kid in the mid-90s was GOAT

I'm going to have to agree.

We're getting old.. ;_;.
>>
>>82438873
>We're getting old.. ;_;.

No you're not. everything under 30 is young. After 40 you might start speaking like that.
>>
>>82438908
>No you're not.

I know. It's just those days are gone and I have to deal with that shit.
>>
>>82436192
It's the first web shooters ever made so the size will most likely change over the time and development. Almost every new technology starts out bigger and get smaller over the years.
>>
File: 1461670703719.png (360 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461670703719.png
360 KB, 500x500
when the spidey thread bump is just right
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.