[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>great characterization >actual character arcs >awesome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: JLUpromo.jpg (79 KB, 424x605) Image search: [Google]
JLUpromo.jpg
79 KB, 424x605
>great characterization
>actual character arcs
>awesome villains
>plenty of screentime for C and D list heroes
>perfect casting
>tons of references and homages to stories from past to present
>great sense of humor
>a satisfying ending

Tell me why anyone cares what WB is doing with the DCEU? I'm rewatching this on Netflix for the first time in over 10 years and it pretty much upstages everything the MCU has tried to do so far, and only suffers slightly from having to work within a TV-Y7 rating.
>>
It was pretty solid though I could never get into the art style
>>
The mandate for 2-parters added a lot of padding into the stories, I found JLU a lot tighter since they could make things short if nessesary.
>>
>>82428114
Any specific reason they forced episodes into two parts? It does seem to drag early on.

There are a few great episodes in JL, but yeah, once JLU hits, it's gold.
>>
>>82428835
I don't know why exactly, I think the higher-ups were impressed by the two-parters in BTAS and STAS, and so they ordered everything to be in two segments. Don't hold me to that.
>>
File: Black Manta.jpg (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Black Manta.jpg
1 MB, 1366x768
My one gribe is that Black Manta really wasn't in it.
>>
File: captain marvel in a nutshell.jpg (437 KB, 880x1035) Image search: [Google]
captain marvel in a nutshell.jpg
437 KB, 880x1035
>why anyone cares what WB is doing with the DCEU?
because shazam and wonder woman
>>
>>82429154
>hows the family.jpg
>>
>>82429113
now we're lucky to even get half hour cartoons
>>
>>82427989
>>82428022

Art style was shit
>>
>>82429154
DCAU kinda screwed all the non-Batman/Superman villains.

Their Sinestro was a disgrace.
>>
>>82429154
He was as "Devil Ray" and was killed off
>>
>>82429154
Aquaman as a whole kind of got downplayed. Sure he was there, but they didn't want to commit to him, and they certainly wanted no sign of his orange/green outfit. I feel like the "Aquaman is lame" stigma was in full force back then.
>>
>>82427989
Loves it but when only WW and a couple others had inner ears it triggered me. Is it so fucking hard to make one or two lines to finish the ear?
>>
File: black-manta-vs-aquaman.jpg (325 KB, 1021x1600) Image search: [Google]
black-manta-vs-aquaman.jpg
325 KB, 1021x1600
>>82429279
Black Manta in that Aquaman animated movie sucked. Only Young Justice gets him great
>>
>>82429331
On the other hand they turned him into a hardcore motherfucker with a sweet beard who didn't take shit from the League and cut off his own hand to save his son. I always got the impression that Most of the time he was probably off having his own adventures and dealing with his own threats.
>>
Company wars in the op, thread disregarded.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.