[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have found the worst trope of them all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
>Character goes to an all you can eat buffet
>Literally eats everything in the restraunt
>Is shocked his massive gluttony leaves behind a massive bill
>Is forced to wash dishes in the kitchen till he can pay off his tab

Why is this trope commonly enforced? This is pure bullshit and I am willing to bet some idiot probably did this thinking it was true. If the only consequence of eating a fuck ton of food was washing dishes you'd have the entire college campus eating out literally every fucking day.
>>
File: 1461631539758.gif (663 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
1461631539758.gif
663 KB, 500x446
>>82424385
If everybody in the restaurant did this, wouldn't that mean you would only have to wash your own plate?
>>
Cartoons often exaggerate or create situations that do not normally appear in the real world for the sake of comedy.
>>
>>82424499
>>82424504

I've even brought this trope up on /ck/ they told me circumstances like these only happened in small towns from the 1920 and ended sometime around the mid to late 1950's.
>>
>>82424385
Washing dishes to pay has nothing to do with it being all-you-can-eat or not. If fact if there's a huge bill then it wouldn't have been all-you-can-eat. It would have been a normal restaurant.

And it's an old trope anyway, like >>82424571 said.
>>
>>82424615

CatDog proves your assumption on massive bills at All You Can Eat Restraunts wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZa2M2_i438
>>
>>82424615
It's a new thing
all you can eat (sold separately)
>>
>>82424385
you're a little confused. these are two separate tropes that don't go together. the 'eating everything at a buffet' thing is one thing, the 'not having money to pay for your meal' is another. buffets you only have to pay once
>>
>All you can eat buffet
>Eating a lot incurs in a massive bill
Doesn't that defeat the point?
>>
>>82424385
OP, cite one example of someone eating out a store at an all you can eat buffet and ending up with a massive bill. It's either they're kicked out, they run out of food, they try to stop them from eating. Never charging a lot of money.
>>
>>82428322
Spongebob did a variation of it in that hotel episode.
I swear another show did it. Probably Spongebob again.
>>
>>82428322
theres another option
https://youtu.be/goOPHXh0Coo?t=888
>>
>>82424385
>buffet
>massive bill

ive never been to a buffet in years but if i can recall
you only pay for roughly 50 bux for all you can eat
>>
>>82430458

Yep. That is literally the point of an All you eat buffet. You pay more than usual at the door, and then eat whatever you want.

They worst that can happen is if you're a massive fatass and are somehow eating for hours on end, they can eventually tell you to leave.
>>
File: 1418492303061.png (167 KB, 461x406) Image search: [Google]
1418492303061.png
167 KB, 461x406
From the buffets I've been to, you pay BEFORE you even get the food.

So yes you can theoretically eat everything, thing is actual people aren't fucking bottomless pits that can eat every goddamn ounce of food they have.
>>
>>82424385
This is a troll thread
>>
There is a trope worse than that. A trope simply called "Screaming Woman". The characters stand there like idiots in the face of danger and scream instead of running away. Looking at you Gravity Falls
>>
>>82424499
Looks like she's checking those numbers
>>
>>82430630
https://youtu.be/aLkTuWdKrqY
>>
>>82424385
My uncle got kicked out of an old fashion buffet. This buffet was in Utah, and Utah is full of big Mormon people and their big Mormon families.
After a bit my dad kept cheering him on and the owner came out,
He kicked out my uncle and said he was never so disgusted by a patron.
Almost gave my dad the bill, but he skipped out as fast as he could when the Owner looked away.
>>
Worst trope is an antagonist trying to go straight getting bullied by the protagonists back to their old ways.

Time skips are shitty too, imo
>>
>>82424385
Thats a myth in real life. Theyd just call the cops. They already have people washing dishes.
>>
>>82430458
>50 bux
Most buffets are 10-15 per person nowadays
>>
>>82435259
Do they actually get the police if you can't pay a restaurant bill?
>>
>>82424385
>Now, Mrs. Simpson, tell the court in your own words what happened after you and your husband were ejected out of the restaurant.
Well, we pretty much went straight home.
>Mrs. Simpson, remember that you are under oath.
We drove around until three in the morning looking for another open all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant.
>And when you couldn't find one?
We... went... fishing. [starts crying]
>Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, do these sound like the actions of a man whose had ALL he could eat?
>>
>>82435324

Well, Yeah. You would be stealing
>>
File: 1458958483696.jpg (76 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
1458958483696.jpg
76 KB, 600x583
>>82435378

It really was the greatest show ever made at one point wasn't it?
>>
>>82430458
>50 bux for all you can eat

Does your town have a caviar and lobster all you can eat or something?
I've never paid more than 20 bucks for an all you can eat in my entire life.
>>
File: 1437339154705.png (1 MB, 1131x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437339154705.png
1 MB, 1131x1080
>>82433017
That sounds less like the problem was the amount of food he ate and more like their behaviour was disturbing other patrons.
The amount of food a person needs to eat before an all-you-can-eat restaurant loses money is big enough that even Tess Holliday wouldn't be able to stomach it.
>>
>>82435687
You can't eat so much they lose money overall, but you can easily eat so much that they lose money on you.
>>
>>82424385
>>Character goes to an all you can eat buffet
>>Is shocked his massive gluttony leaves behind a massive bill

Do you not know what an all you can eat buffet is?
>>
>>82424385
Isn't the point of a all you can eat buffet that you aways pay the same price for any quantity of food?
>>
>>82424681
Someone got a why boner from the sumo scene
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.