[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you made a character, /co/? What do they look like, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 16
File: 1461905765792.jpg (202 KB, 691x1024) Image search: [Google]
1461905765792.jpg
202 KB, 691x1024
Have you made a character, /co/? What do they look like, what powers do they have, who are they?
>>
>>82423762
I made a group of them but I think I made them too overpowered.
>>
File: 1461905973316.jpg (226 KB, 786x1017) Image search: [Google]
1461905973316.jpg
226 KB, 786x1017
>>82423762
>>
>>82423762

I made a guy who can take any physical or mental attack and redirect it into an equal yet opposite force back at the bad guy. Think of Superman punching this character, only to have him touch Supes and cause his own powerful punch to be a concentrated back into where he touched.

It wasn't until I realized I pretty much copied the main Antagonist from "XMen First Class" did I realize how much I suck.
>>
whi is the blue ironman
>>
File: the brass screenshots.jpg (524 KB, 1164x933) Image search: [Google]
the brass screenshots.jpg
524 KB, 1164x933
I can't draw so I depend on Champions Online to make my guys.
The Brass is like a Edward Scissorhands type. Pretty much mute and child like. Maybe an alien or something....
>>
File: captain hadron screenshots.jpg (1 MB, 1908x1275) Image search: [Google]
captain hadron screenshots.jpg
1 MB, 1908x1275
Captain Hadron. Typical sci fi hero guy
>>
>>82424341
You don't suck. It's how you use the character that matters, anon.
>>
When I was 5 I came up with HYPER BOY, a cool teen who had a baby blue power suit equipped with lazers, roller skates and super speed jets, among all other manner of gadgetry. Later, I rebooted him into the grittier, more realistic HYPER MAN, whose super power was... constantly being flooded with adrenaline. Next to rocket boots he was pretty lame, but, hey, it was the 90s.
>>
I have made a ton, as I plan to draw/animate superhero comics.

some of my more recent ones include Agent, a flying brick who later matures the power to control peoples sexual desire and owns his own multi-billion dollar brand after he went solo. and the Fighting Phantom, a dude who got ghost powers as part of an ethereal spirit forced to do good for humanity. not only does he get the ghost's powers, but his enemies, like a mantle of the name sort of thing
>>
>>82423762
>Name: Edvard "Eddy" Grieg
>Born on the 26th of April, 1986 in the city of Pripyat during the worst nuclear meltdowns in history, Edvard grew to develop the power to not be seen on or through reflective surfaces (mirrors, glasses) as well as an anemic disposition, leaving him looking rather sickly. People around him regarded him as a vampire due to his lack of reflection, and his gaunt dark look about him. In time, he used his low key ability to become an assassin, striking down foes who don't see him until it is too late.
>>
I made tons, but somewhere down the line, I ended up giving side characters way cooler powers than my MC. This isn't inherently bad, but then I started thinking, and it feels like I've pigeon holed my MC with a street level power set that I can't figure out how to 'evolve', so to speak.
>>
A dude who can manipulate a weight of objects.
He uses it to trick people, villains and heroes alike to think he has super strength.
Jump really high, throws objects by making them really light then when he throws it at the enemy he returns it to normal weight or even heavier, make people so heavy they can't move or so light a small breeze can carry them away.
His most powerful mother move is making black holes.
Now unlike gravity manipulation this is not an area effect, and is more specific in it's "targeting", he could make you right eye as heavy as a hippo so he can be pretty dangerous if needed
>>
>>8242436
I think she's called the Submariner. She's Iron Man that deals with ocean shit. I think her brother is also augmented himself into a shark man
>>
I wanted to make some kind of human boxer with very minor powers, his whole deal is that he defeated earths greatest boxers and now seeks out the champions of the stars. His main problems he would face is the aliens not knowing how to box, so he has to teach them and try and get them to exceed him genuinely so he can then in turn beat them.
>>
Yeah, I'm plotting story about people with supernatural powers, it's still rough, and admittedly have forgotten some but one of the most I remember vividly is a villain that is capable of manipulating any given "house" he's currently living on, it had to be an "enclosed building", so something like a stadium or garden couldn't be, he turned the entire building into his personal putty, laying traps, outright removing furniture and features like stairs or windows, and was even able to dive and "swim" in them.
>>
>>82425907
He's fucked if he gets knocked into a field, which is an interesting weakness
>>
post more pictures guys

Half the fun of making your own is the look
>>
Looks like me but tall and muscular.
Basically a Jedi.
>>
>La Cucaracha
Scientist who was experimenting with Cockroach DNA and accidentally fused his DNA with it, giving him nigh-immortality, regenerative healing factor, superhuman strength and immunity to radiation.

>Gravity Girl
Heavy Weight female boxer that can increase the gravity around her and can develop orbs of pure gravity around her fists giving her insanely powerful punching force. She also has her own gravitational field.

>Hex
Goth girl who fell into depression after losing her mother and having to live with her abusive father. Her interest in satanism, witchcraft and the supernatural allowed her to get a demonic guardian that's bound to her whim which she used to kill her father and run away. The demon sort of acts as her stand but mostly fights for her and yes she is a hero despite having a demonic partner and history.

>Retro-Neon-Arcade-Man
Your basic nerdy, avid video gamer who worked at an arcade that was going out of business, he decided to get drunk and trash the place but after getting electrocuted by the arcade machines from being covered in his brew of whiskey and favorite energy drink, the neon fused with his body and gave him the ability to manipulate neon, similarly to the neon power in Infamous: Second Son.

Their called the Freaks of Nature.
>>
>>82426023
Yeah, he's was also only able to manipulate his immediate surroundings, so he's not aware of everything that happens inside. In theory a large building wouldn't be ideal, so the boss had him stay over a residence as a sort of "watchdog".
>>
File: [Gets shot in Spanish].jpg (37 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
[Gets shot in Spanish].jpg
37 KB, 500x281
>>82426134
I wish I can draw, goddamn do I wish I can draw. I make OCs and shit like theirs no tomorrow but I usually just end up typing down descriptions of them in Microsoft Word so I don't forget.

Having all of these ideas but not being able to draw is suffering.
>>
>>82425582
Any advice on how i could make this better or likeable and such?
>>
File: Misfits of Science.jpg (178 KB, 1044x1579) Image search: [Google]
Misfits of Science.jpg
178 KB, 1044x1579
>>82426523
>Their called the Freaks of Nature.
>>
File: AC023.jpg (183 KB, 500x773) Image search: [Google]
AC023.jpg
183 KB, 500x773
>>82426613
I assume you've read this.
>>
File: 3291544-tek+knight+7.jpg (358 KB, 1280x829) Image search: [Google]
3291544-tek+knight+7.jpg
358 KB, 1280x829
>>82423762
Is that guy on the left Tek-Knight? His teammates better cover their bums.
>>
File: nobro.gif (2 MB, 166x189) Image search: [Google]
nobro.gif
2 MB, 166x189
>>82426746
>guy
>>
>>82426728
No but I will.
>>
>>82423762
I've made so many characters in this game. Lore runs deep when it's a group of 6 superhero fans.Plasma Man is one of my favorites, like if Living Lightning didn't suck and was trapped in a red/silver Captain Atom style containment suit
>>
>>82426523
Just so you know, La Cucaracha is a feminine name.
>>
>>82426746
No idea, I just found it on /tg/
>>
>>82423762
I've been trying to make my own super universe for a book and let me tell you it's harder to come up with names then you would think.
I've got a villain I've been working on that I'm cool with sharing.
I can't figure out a name for him so let just call him bill for now.
born with nerves on the outside of his skin, young bill was constant pain throughout his whole life with the mere act of breathing making his body feel on fire.

he eventually turned to Buddhism in hopes that it's teachings could being a end to his pain.

he absorbed all that he could but nothing seemed to work, all the while his hatred for the universe only grew. "what great horror had he committed to earn this fate." he wondered as his hate grew even further, until he achieved a sort of enlightenment. he realized that he and the universe where too opposite to ever become one, so he resolved to destroy the universe so he could become all.

somehow through his enlightenment he learned how to spread his pain to other living things and give himself a way to dull the pain.
his very presence decays any living thing near him and his touch can melt through rock in seconds.

very loosely based on the idea of reverse nirvana in pic. you become so against the universe your very being declares war on it.

what do you guy's think? I know it's edgy but is good edge or bad edge?

>>82425582
>>82426613
intuitive knowledge of bodies, maybe?
like he could place a hand on a person or alien and know exactly how their bodies works like what their weight is, how flexible they are, where micro factures in their bones are that sort of stuff.
that could be pretty useful for your guy as it would let him know just the right way to train his pupils even with their alien bodies.
>>
>>82427461
and of Couse I forget the pic
>>
>>82424243
Union Rack?
>>
>>82425582
His power should be that he manifests a punch ghost that has his skills and strengths and weaknesses and that he is able to impart to others he wants to challenge a punch ghost that mimics their own skills and strengths and weaknesses. I think this should be original enough idea to allow him to box with aliens who don't have no appendages who show a similar fighting spirit.
>>
I made a superman ripoff who's equal parts Majestros and Billy Batson. His name is Mr. Wonderful. Surely you've heard his them me song.
>>
>>82425034

Having a somewhat underpowered protagonist isn't necessarily a bad thing. That element of vulnerability could help make the character more relateable.
>>
>>82427461
I don't really get how he went from something that's cripplingly lethal to him to "melting rocks"
>>
>>82427461
>>82427560
I really like these both, I wanted to go for smaller more minor powers that would help him box/teach aliens who already have biological advantages. So like stuff that evens out the playing field and these are perfect.
>>
>>82427875
Sure. Just be aware that punch ghosts are still in vogue in a certain fandom.
>>
>>82427947
Would you care to elaborate? I really have no clue what you mean.
>>
>>82427633
I have to agree. plus you could always use what power he does have to outsmart his foes and beat them that way. I suggest reading jojo bizarre adventure, part 2 specifically and a web novel named worm to get a idea of how to do that.
>>82427849
crazy comic book logic. like I said somehow his state of reverse nirvana lets him do that, if I had to get scientific I'd say something like his body's natural oils had become corrosive and that's how he does it but really it's crazy religious magic I don't have to explain it.
>>
>>82428105
ever heard of jojo's bizarre adventure? punch are kind of prominent in it
>>
>>82428180
Yea, have heard of it but never got around to watching/reading it. I think I'd just have to make them different enough and maybe try not to drum up similarities.
>>
>>82428180
>>82428121
Why has JJBA gotten so damn popular lately, you autists are spamming this shit everywhere
>>
File: 20160428_094558-1.jpg (2 MB, 2027x2467) Image search: [Google]
20160428_094558-1.jpg
2 MB, 2027x2467
I've made a ton! However I try to make them "realistic" [kinda] but this is one of my super villains I've been sketching lately, Pain-Killer
>>
>>82428427
2012 Anime. Brought in a lot of the Anime-onlys into the fandom.
>>
>>82424614
Like the design, though it's a little too similar to Adam Strange. My main problem is the name. At first glance it looks like Captain Hardon. Unless that's the idea.
>>
Yes. Several.

Alas, I lack the artistic talent and the connections to ever do anything with them...
>>
>>82429280
don't worry you may not be artistic but you certainly are autistic.
>>
File: Ash_Pile_Burning.jpg (10 KB, 350x194) Image search: [Google]
Ash_Pile_Burning.jpg
10 KB, 350x194
I've written stories as a hobby on and off for as long as I can remember, I bought a x-men encyclopedia when i was in elementary school so I because "That kid" who people would come to to talk about super heroes and shit. So i've got a ton of them.

Anyways the hero I'm going with now is pretty much a "living volcano" as I'd refer to him. Creating him with
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Volcanic_Fields_Manipulation
in mind.

Basically he has Obsidian skin giving him basic enhanced strength and durability while also being able to generate, manipulate and absorb Ash, Heat, and Magma. He can build up heat in his body to cause himself to explode or just breath ash like pic related.
>>
File: Metal men.jpg (1 MB, 1500x2243) Image search: [Google]
Metal men.jpg
1 MB, 1500x2243
>>82430414
I also have another one who's semi-earth related that had
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Manipulation
Even though looking back at it he was pretty much a human who coated himself with metal and would attack similar to that of the metal men
>>
>>82430414
But obsidian is fragile
>>
File: glancojusticar_commission.jpg (2 MB, 1400x2600) Image search: [Google]
glancojusticar_commission.jpg
2 MB, 1400x2600
Telekinesis.
>>
>>82430983
got me there, I just wanted to give someone with volcanoe-esque powers without it looking like the thing when he had the hammer in fear itself
>>
Can't remember the name but made a cool guy in Champions online way back when

Plot was that he was a successful super soldier attempt by a mad scientist centered around aquatic environments because having intelligent monsters guard your base is way cooler than mooks in scuba gear so he was basically a cyborg Fish-man with budget Namor powers

Also made Vigilance way back when supocalypse was a thing that fell apart almost instantly
>>
>>82431142
maybe being fragile is a problem for the hero as if they break the obsidian he starts venting heat and ash so it can be used offensively and defensibly, don't forget obsidian is sharp volcanic glass
>>
>>82431339
yeah that was what I was thinking regarding on how he uses his powers. He can explode his body or just body parts to vent heat, ash, and obsidian shards. Then his arm would reform. What i'd call his "weakness" is that if someone forces his body to shatter it's a lot harder to reform until eventually he passes out from the strain. Also I changed his physiology so that he's completely inorganic with no real brain. The only reason I did that was cause I just hate telepaths and Mind Control
>>
>>82423762

Yeah about 500 so far. Planning on making mutimedia based on this huge super hero/cape universe I've been working on for about ten years know. Mainly written but now I'm getting into drawing and programming for games.
>>
File: MIGHTY DUCT TAPE MAN!!!!.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
MIGHTY DUCT TAPE MAN!!!!.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>82423762
A bunch, but my favorite was the Mighty Duct Tape man. He was pretty much a Kickass ripoff wearing clothing covered in duct tape. Was supposed to be one of those idealistic but not very bright kid superheros in a more realistic setting, I usually had his adventures turn out better than you'd think.

Made an actual suit once as a gag costume, pic related. The one eye thing was just because he thought it would look cooler.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.