[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For anyone who hasn't seen the movie, Iron Man is shown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
For anyone who hasn't seen the movie, Iron Man is shown to be >>> Captain America in a fight. And he beats Captain America and Bucky at the same time but he doesn't kill Captain America when he has the chance and while Bucky is laying on the floor he grabs Tony, distracting him, allowing Captain America to sneak attack Tony and ruin his suit's arc reactor. Who would win in a fight in the comics?
>>
>>82409111
>Civil War
>no one dies
>doesn't kill Captain America when he has the chance
LE BASED RUSSOS FTW
>>
>>82409201
>Age of Ultron
>It's really more like a 3 day weekend
>>
>>82409111
Iron Man would win in the comics too. Captain America is portrayed with surprising restraint by most writers given he's kind of the heroic icon equivalent to Superman.
>>
>>82409214
Rage of ultron definitely would have been a better title.
>>
>>82409201
Captain America doesn't kill Tony when he gets the chance either. When he sneak attacks, he gets on top of Tony and rips off his mask, instead of hammering his shield down on Tony's face, killing him, he does it to his arc reactor.
>>
>>82409201
>Wanting the heroes to actually try fucking killing each other

Because that worked so well for Batman vs Superman.
>>
>>82409111
>Who would win in a fight in the comics?

Who cares? It depends on the writer. The fact that so many people care about meausuring fictional characters' dicks instead of wanting good stories is why cape comics are mostly shit.
>>
>>82409339
The problem is that people who ask these questions are stupid, and bored, and need to find something else to do with the ten minutes they have to kill on the bus to work
>>
>Cap is peak human
>Stark can lift up to 100 tons, fly and shoot layzors
Well whoopdee shit, I wonder who'd win in such a fair fight.
>>
>>82409201
The movie was still quite satisfying and they did a good job.
It's the best Avengers movie right now and definatly in the top 3.
>>
>>82409111
>thinking it's about a fist fight
>not realizing it's about civil rights versus national security
>>
File: 1462133235827.webm (2 MB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
1462133235827.webm
2 MB, 640x356
>>82409408
Me wonders.
>>
>>82409369

You'd be surprised how many of my "hardcore fedora geek" friends are passionate about these stupid discussions.

It makes me sick to witness a fucking 24 year old mammoth foaming at the mouth in rage because of something as stupid as a fictional character's power level.
>>
>>82409201
>implying death means shit in MCU
>>
>>82409201
>Someone needs to die so I would feel the invested

Fuck off to your high-budget soaps on AMC and HBO, fag
>>
>>82409440
I mean, it's fun to bullshit with friends, but to really and actually get upset over something as absurdly subjective as comic book characters is dumb. There are to many versions of every person with every level of ability that it's like arguing over which singular piece of fruit in the world tastes better
>>
>>82409558
> it's like arguing over which singular piece of fruit in the world tastes better

No, that has a right and wrong answer
>>
>>82409439
>the incredibly damaged Iron Man suit who is being distracted by another guy and doesn't want to actually use enough force to kill Steve is caught off guard
>>
>>82409558
The only one seeming to get upset is yourself.
>>
>>82409558

That's why I try not to discuss characters, but runs and writers.

I want to talk about that time Gotham was under siege after a series of earthquakes, about that time Daredevil was exposed by the Kingpin and his life fell apart, about that time the Green Lanterns were given acess to lethal force to fight off Sinetro Corps. in this awesome space war.

It's silly to discuss something as vague as fictional power level.
>>
>>82409439
>Tony reflexively covering his face expecting a decap attack from Steve of all people

Damn, he really is out of his head at this point of the fight huh?
>>
>>82409682
>>82409558
>>82409440
>>82409369
>>>/blogspot/
>>
>>82409720
Yeah that was such a subtle sign of how far their relationship had sorta deteriorated, and how negative Tony's thinking was, that Captain freaking America would actually kill him, like was Tony actually playing for keeps there and was expecting the same from Cap?

Otherwise I liked how everyone else managed to stay friends, acknowledging that this was a professional division in the team, though some friendships were severely damaged (Vision & Wanda)
>>
File: tony.png (257 KB, 843x350) Image search: [Google]
tony.png
257 KB, 843x350
>>82409816
>Otherwise I liked how everyone else managed to stay friends

The only friend Tony still have among the avengers is the now crippled Rhodes.
Banner might comfort him when he'll be back

But for the others...
>>
>>82409201
Its not Steve Tony wanted to kill, it was Bucky. And for obvious reason - Bucky had killed Tony's parents. Bear in mind that Tony had gotten emotionally unstable by that point.

Tony won't bring himself to kill his own friend, Steve, but he wouldn't let Steve get in the way of his revenge.

>>82409282
Likewise, Steve treasures Tony as a friend as much as he treasures Bucky. He disables the reactor only to weaken Tony so that he can escape with Bucky. As Steve knew quite well - Iron Man is nothing without his suit.

The real question is why Tony let Steve go, even with the deactivated armor. And thats what came to my mind - he couldn't bring himself to attack any further, angry as he was with Rogers. Likewise, Rogers knew he no longer deserved the shield.
>>
>>82409111
>For anyone who hasn't seen the movie, Iron Man is shown to be >>> Captain America in a fight
He was getting his shit pushed in until Friday analysed Cap's fighting pattern.
>>
>>82409201
>Killing off a character who would come back to life in time for Infinity War anyway
What's the point?
>>
File: bbc.jpg (212 KB, 1080x540) Image search: [Google]
bbc.jpg
212 KB, 1080x540
>>82410020
I think thats why RDJ agreed to sign on to be in Spiderman: Homecoming

While Spidey won't join the Avengers, I think Tony admires the young Parker as being a genius like him. Its why, I think he would like to be his mentor, and to also fill a void he now has
>>
>>82410020
You know, I wouldn't discount Black Panther so quickly. While Black Panther is hiding Bucky, I think it was Black Panther who had brought Stark home, after his arc reactor was disabled..

Counter Rhodes, and Spiderman, and arguably Vision, Stark's world isn't so bleak. But it is a hard place.
>>
>>82409111

> Choosing sides
> contrived mcguffins to make it look like there's no clear choice.
> out-of-character set-pieces to justify the opposition.

MCU's trying hard to fuel click-bait controversy and selling as 'moral questions to be asked'.

Captain FTW
>>
>>82409433
This
>>
>>82409111
Just once I want to see some street level shitter try to fight Iron Man only for Tony to simply fly up and wide-beam to whole area.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.