[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite J.K. Simmons voice performance/character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: simmons.png (1 MB, 1292x904) Image search: [Google]
simmons.png
1 MB, 1292x904
What's your favorite J.K. Simmons voice performance/character?
>>
>>82387049
Cave Johnson
>>
>>82387644
I know it's /v/, but this
>>
>>82387049
Of the choices presented, I've only heard him as Cave Johnson and Lenny Turtletaub. While his performance as Turtletaub was good, I just have to give it to Cave. Cave in his prime (and Cave-Prime from the Perpetual Testing Initiative) just has that sort of manic energy that works really well with Simmons (like his performance as J. Jonah Jameson in Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy), and Cave post-moon-rock-poisoning actually makes me feel sorry for the dying, dangerous lunatic (particularly during his famous lemon rant).

I really have to get around to watching Gravity Falls. Apparently, I'm really missing out on a good show, and I have no excuse to not watch it now that it's all over.
>>
Cave Johnson and JJJ are his best roles. He's great in everything, but those two really stand out.

So for voice, Cave Johnson.
>>
>>82387049

JJJ followed by Tenzin then Kai.
>>
For an actual live action actor, his voice sure gets around. And we're all better for it.

I heard him recently in an episode of Archer. I'm surprised he hasn't been in Rick and Morty yet.
>>
>>82387723
Whiplash was his best role, though.
>>
Apparently he's the yellow M&M
>>
JK Simmons is admirable for his diversity.

JJJ and Cave Johnson are similar for that over-the-top, tongue-in-cheek insanity. Same for the president in Red Alert 3.

But Fletcher in Whiplash was powerful, a very severe, yet emotionally subtle role that was very different from his normal stuff.

I really liked him as Tenzin, it was probably the furthest away from his comfort zone in terms of voice acting, very calm and collected with a fire underneath. It helped that, despite Korra's flaws, I think Tenzin as a character was backed up by some great writing.
>>
>>82387049
Cave Johnson is what introduced him to me, and it's still the standard by which I judge his other roles.

Why didn't we get to hear him forcing Caroline to have her brain removed
>>
>>82388049
I was just coming here to post this.
>>
I just started watching Oz, and now I can't not think about rapist nazi prisoners when hearing his voice.
>>
File: We Do Not Sniff Balls.jpg (45 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
We Do Not Sniff Balls.jpg
45 KB, 720x404
I really hope this character gets brought back solely because J.K. Simmons felt incredibly underutilized.
>>
File: J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing.jpg (24 KB, 619x320) Image search: [Google]
J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing.jpg
24 KB, 619x320
>>82387049
Cave is Simmons at his Simmons-iest, second only to JJJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPG3eDTy-yo
>>
>>82388573
They said it sounded too much like rape and made people uncomfortable
>>
>>82389030
Wtf? No. Cave was the one going into GLaDOS. Then he died so Caroline stood up to take command. I have no clue where you came up with that rape shit.
>>
I like Ford the best, but thats because I like his character the best. I think his performance as Kai was the best out of those.
>>
Definitely Cave.
>>
>>82389893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8glYx2qQx4
@ 10:00
I dont think she "stood up" to take the place of Cave
>>
>>82387049
I didn't even know he was Cave Johnson. Damn.
>>
>>82388707
There's a special treat for him at the end of season 1
>>
>>82388970
lol at that Half Life reference at 16mins

I really enjoyed Portal and Portal 2 but I've never even heard of this Perpetual Testing Initiative. I fucking suck
>>
>>82387049
I'm pretty sure Cave Johnson and Mayor Lionheart are the same character.
>>
>>82389030
The SJW menace strikes again.
>>
Cave Johnson. I cant believe they removed that scene with him and Caroline.
>>
>>82387049
It felt like a waste of him in all but Cave. Why have him if you're not going let him add lib and ramble off.
>>
File: yeah_fuck_yeah.gif (1 MB, 350x219) Image search: [Google]
yeah_fuck_yeah.gif
1 MB, 350x219
>>82388970
Fuck me, I never made that connection that Simons was Cave's VA.
Christ, Portal 2 was great.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.