[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Creators/artists/studios you admire, respect and are the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: sethmacfarlanealexhirsch.jpg (126 KB, 1100x500) Image search: [Google]
sethmacfarlanealexhirsch.jpg
126 KB, 1100x500
ITT: Creators/artists/studios you admire, respect and are the reason you want to make cartoons.

Pic related.
>>
>>82386540
Fuck Seth
>>
weak bait
see you on page 10
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>82386540
Probably Craig and Genndy. I love their work. I'd also add Rebecca Sugar there too.
>>
File: 1398851396821.jpg (106 KB, 925x526) Image search: [Google]
1398851396821.jpg
106 KB, 925x526
>>82386566
>Seth MacFarlane producing and created multiple shows at the same time plus balancing a singing career
>weak bait
>>
>>82386540
Yeah fuck you.
>>
>>82386578
Did Craig work on the new PPG?
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 680x1077) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 680x1077
Hirsch has shitty work ethic, at least MacFarlane works his ass off
>>
>>82386891
no, not at all
>>
>>82387564
>Implying Seth has anything to do with the shows he's credited on
The most he does is voicework nowadays, he has very little to do with any of the writing.
>>
File: DJW.jpg (3 KB, 84x109) Image search: [Google]
DJW.jpg
3 KB, 84x109
>>82386540

His art style can be hit or miss but I feel he does a good job making the shows he works on fun and compelling for the most part.

Truly Living The Dream!
>>
>>82386561
He started out fine. And American Dad is still pretty good.
>>
>>82386578
This, maybe Don Bluth in his earlier years as well and Laika Studios.
>>82386891
The exact opposite, Craig didn't even know about the reboot until it was announced to the public. They wanted him to be as far away from the reboot as possible.

He didn't take it well.
>>
>>82387854
Who is that guy
>>
>>82387996
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>82388470

Derrick J. Wyatt.

He designed for Teen Titans, Transformers Animated, Scooby Doo Mystery Inc and Ben 10 Omniverse.

He's also one of the biggest Transformers fans around,
>>
Bill Watterson. Those facial expressions were top notch.
>>
Greg Weisman
>>
Mamoru Hosoda
>>
Mitch Watson
>>
Studio Trigger
>>
>>82387996
>They wanted him to be as far away from the reboot as possible.
In hindsight, that was probably for the best.
>>
>>82387996
nah dude, they offered but Craig was still under contract with Disney for Wander
>>
I admire Seth as a voice actor.

Dude has chops.
>>
File: 1456384850808s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1456384850808s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>82387564
>MacFarlane works his ass off
Doing what? Sittting around being bitter because none of his shows have won an Emmy yet, while practically every other show has, since they actually try? Copying, pasting,and reusing the same animation cycles over and over again, because he can't be bothered to actually fucking animate anything himself? Relying on the same bullshit cutaways that only serve to pad out the runtime, since he also can't have anyone working with him be bothered to actually try and write anything like they used to?

InB4 'Mr. Enter' posts, fuck Seth MacFarlane. If it weren't for the fact that Family Guy has even stuck around this long, he'd be half-dead on the side of the road slinging crack and giving BJ's to homeless men.
>>
>>82393498
Chill out Groening. People can like things you don't like, even if it competes with your stale show. Besides, American Dad is pretty good.
>>
>>82393813
I think MacFarlane stopped caring about FG a long time ago
>>
>>82387996
>>82388490
That's a lie. Craig has gone on record saying CN offered him the chance to return but he was still contracted with Disney.
I swear you faggots are so eager to shit on corporations that you'll make shit up just to satisfy for anti-corporate boner.
>>
Rewatching season 1 of Family Guy, it's shocking how utterly different the show used to be.

Back then, Seth's humor seemed to be a lot more...unassuming, corny and cute should I say? Compared to more recent episodes the humor seems downright tame, even the art style reminds me of a kids' show of that era (e.g. Recess). The characters are different, too: Peter was a bumbling dad who tried to do good for his family, Lois was a kind and caring mother, Meg was just a typical awkward teen girl and not the universe's punching bag, Stewie was a Bond villain, and Brian didn't preach his leftist agenda.

I don't think any other show has changed as much as this one, with the possible exception of Spongebob.
>>
>>82396923
adventure time
>>
>>82393498
>he can't be bothered to actually fucking animate anything himself?

macfarlane can eat a chode but no cartoon creator does this

at most they storyboard
>>
>>82396923
That's what happens when your show gets revived.
>>
>>82398018
Storyboard and write the script
>>
Definitely Danny Antonoucchi. I maintain that everything in EEnE was handled close to perfectly. It was a really quality program.
And as much shit as I might get for it Rebecca Sugar. She was my favorite boarder on AT and I really like her storytelling and music. I'd like to see more from her in the future.
>>
>>82386540

Didn't Hirsch quit Gravity Falls to create a Rick and Morty rip-off for FOX? I can't wait for him to lose all of his shit when he realizes that FOX grinds your nuts with scheduling worse than Disney would ever do.
>>
>>82386540
>Seth
Bait

Also the most punchable face that ever existed
>>
>>82406622
There's already news on what Hirsch's next project is about?
>>
>>82407873
Well that was quick
>>
>>82396923
Season 3 is where the show peaked in my opinion.
>>
>>82386561
>>82386572
>>82386700
You know faggots Seth has written good episodes for Johnny Bravo, Dexter's lab and also the pilot "Larry & Steve" for What a cartoon! short.

concerning Family Guy, Seth just actually write a few episodes during season 1, and the first episode of the season 4 revival, the only thing he does is actually dubbing Peter, Brian and Stewie.
>>
>>82410178
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
>>
>>82410090
3 seasons after the show was revived was when the show started to go downhill
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.