[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ENDTOWN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: 7 YEARS.gif (194 KB, 600x613) Image search: [Google]
7 YEARS.gif
194 KB, 600x613
I DID IT! I FUCKING FINALLY DID IT! 7 YEARS WORTH OF STRIPS IN THREE FUCKING DAYS!

Surviving on nothing but Latin Ska music and sweet tea, I fucking went through it all. Flask, Sara, even fucking Jackrabbit! I fuckin' stared it all in the face and it blinked back at me baby! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!
i am god
>>
I wanted to do the same after seeing that strip posted here and checking it out. I didn't, but congratulations.
>>
>>82314501

I did the same thing

Its not that crazy
>>
>>82314501
I remember doing that.
>See thread "Damn furfag shit", repeat for weeks
>Eventually read a few comics "Dis is some good shit"
I then realized in a way I was lucky to not have read it before, there was no wait, years upon years was ready to be read.
>>
>>82314501
>>three days
Only took me 2, plebe.
>>
>>82315220
Some people like to read slowly an digest every tiny detail. Aaron did not work so hard so you can just jump forward without paying attention to his art.
>>
>>82314501
Don't worry, what you experience is a harmless symptom of simple overexposion to motion blur.
>>
>>82314501

Better than me, I caught a storytime of the first chapter and immediately forgot about it. I thought it was the ending!

Then I read it backwards, just hitting back page for every page because I couldn't bother to find a starting point.
>>
File: 1461337898132.gif (359 KB, 900x919) Image search: [Google]
1461337898132.gif
359 KB, 900x919
>>82314501

It looks like he loses his human features as he went on. I suppose mutation is slower preWW3 as mutation is more instantaneous then.

I still think the tail head is a metaphor for him talking out his ass or something.
>>
>>82314923
I had the same thing. I've seen so much garbage with cute animal people that I didn't think it's be good. Because let's be honest, damn near every furfag that makes a webcomic ends up with a mediocre-at-best mess that's just a regular comic plus anthro's. And in isolated pages, the comic can look weird and low-quality. I remember the tiny pic size being a problem for me, too.

It wasn't until someone said that the mutations are a central theme throughout the comic that I started reading it. I figured I'd just give it a go. I used to read tons of crappy webcomics, so why not this one?

The first few pages are a little rough, but once Albert and Gustine get going on their trip it really kicks off.

What really strikes me about this comic is that it's a real pageturner. I'm used to webcomics meandering along with completely meaningless exchanges for weeks on end, even good ones. That's usually enough to stop me from reading them.

Endtown has very little dead space like that. It keeps moving. There's always a mystery to be solved, or important events unfolding. I also like how it takes charge of its subject matter. The characters in Endtown aren't genre-blind.

But man, what a ride. 4chan wasn't wrong when they said this comic brings the feels, as much as I loathe that way of describing things. When you see the cute animal people, you don't expect post-apocalyptic body horror. But this shit right here is like David Cronenberg got to do a saturday morning cartoon.

One thing I find to be interesting: Everyone is crazy. People tend to forget this about post-apocalyptic settings, but these people survived the end of the world, only to end up in a world where either everyone is a mutant, or a dehumanized asshole in a sandwich bag. They all have massive PTSD. It's pretty refreshing, compared to all the gung-ho zombie-killing bullshit.

Also, Jim going crazy was pretty intense.
>>
So here's what I think'll happen... Holly's gonna go freakomatic, catch a bad dose of whatever ethereal thing entered Jim's head - worse than Jim had it because Holly's gone madder - and Wally's gonna be put on the spot to put the new demonic avatar down.

But he's not going to do it.

HollyGod is going to get away.

We still have almost eight months to go of Holly and Wally's arc. Most of those eight months are going to be Wally tracking her down as she wreaks havoc, and finally being presented with another opportunity to kill her - but he's going to save her instead, or at least her soul. And it's gonna turn out he wouldn't have been able to save her if he'd just killed her at the start because reasons.

But he is going to save her, though they might not both be alive afterwards - some of the concept stuff Aaron has produced for the later part of their story has a very unreal and "afterlife" kind of feeling to it for me...

Admittedly I'm probably barking up the wrong tree and most of my "they're prolly gonna diiiee" stuff comes from the feeling that since this is The Ballad of Wally and Holly, it's probably gonna end up how a lot of ballads about lovers do... either they die together or one dies and the other pines to death...
>>
>>82314501

So we had the feeling that Holly was playing as Lyn in the flashback given that he was aware of Wally and company despite the anachronism. Is Holly still in there or did she switch over after becoming a fishmonger?
>>
>>82317291
At this point, it's impossible to tell where Holly is. No doubt there's some point to Lyn being able to see Wally. He doesn't seem to have a reaction to Kirbee, though. He was staring straight at Wally both times.

Who names their kid Wally when their last name is Wallechinsky, though? Seriously.
>>
>>82317357
I got the impression that the alliterative names are a Neitherlandian cultural thing.

Speaking of which, has "Neitherland" ever been explained? I've just been assuming that it's a country which covers the whole of North America - not the US, not Canada, it's neither land.
>>
I am at the weird state were I keep up with updates but haven't read the first 90% of the comic.
>>
>>82317399
Dooooo iiiiiit.
>>
>>82314501

i feel that this is all somehow kirbee's fault
>>
>>82317377
Yeah, in the post-apocalypse setting you could still believe it was our world that went to shit, but with these flashbacks it's very clearly a 1950's Fallout-esque retrofuture. Holly does refer to Neitherlands as "the greatest country on Earth", which is a ridiculously American thing to say. Their jingles and faux-suburbia are also incredibly American.

I've noticed tons of people have Slavic names, too.

As someone from the Netherlands, Neitherland is a weird name for a country. It almost sounds like the Netherlands in our native language. But we don't have any flying cars, and if the apocalypse ever hits, all this shit will be under water in no-time. Though, that also makes me wonder. If these mutations are global, there are going to be parts of the world that are a majority of mutants vs. monsters, because most people would have been asleep.

>>82317399
I'd read the rest. Some of the character development is pretty important, and I get the impression that there's some sort of greater mystery that forms a red thread throughout the different arcs.
>>
>>82317497
Kirbee is I's pawn and its attempt to drive a wedge between Wally and Holly, because Wally is the only person who can love Holly and believe in her strongly enough to prevent Holly from becoming its permanent avatar.

Kirbee does not know this, and is still a perfectly nice person. That's why she was chosen as a temptation, because she's perfectly nice and one of Holly's faults is that she isn't.
>>
>>82317576
Kirbee will find out about this, though, and kill herself to take herself out of the picture, because she knows instinctively when something like that has to be done - see: Clive.
>>
>Wally is the only person who can love Holly

oh anon, you know very well this is not true.
>>
>>82317628
>be furfag
>be immune to virus
>have to mimic being tacitly accepting of the new status quo
>drop your stealth, and you're still seen as a freak in a world of animal people

Man, it must have been tense for Maude's husband. I wonder if that guy just blew his brains out because he couldn't deal with it anymore.
>>
>>82317628
Sorry, I didn't write that clearly. Allow me to try again.

Wally is the only person who can love Holly *strongly enough* and believe in her strongly enough
>>
>>82317660
Nah, that's just the cover story. He really smothered in his sleep under gigantic cowtits.
>>
>>82314501
Welcome aboard.
Everyone tends to binge read the comic, once they start. Endtown really is a good comic and it cool to see the fanbase growing. Hell, these threads were so tiny like 2 years ago.
>>
>>82316904
I love how the android also has the generic Apex happy face.
>Oh, good afternoon Mr. Hollister! Your new limbs and faces suit you nicely! Tea?
>>
>>82317660
He was killed while scavenging on the surface. From the way Maude talked about him, they had a great relationship. The mutation doesn't seem to bother many people. I guess when you are in a post apocalyptic world, love of any kind can be the only thing to keep a person sane.
>Gustine losing her mind
>Al her boyfriend keeps her together
>Jim loses his mind when his girlfriend betrayed him
>Holly losing mind
>can Wally save her
Etc

Seems to be a recurring trend.
>>
>>82317869
>Dottie X Walt in the next arc...?
>>
>>82317869
Well, it's not wrong. My grandfather spent the war in a Jap POW camp and came home with massive PTSD to a society that was very keen on both forgetting that colonialism was ever a thing, and pretending the war at home was worse than anywhere else. In short, no money, no recognition, and no help. He used to have major flashbacks and shit. My grandmother stood by him, and kept him going. Without her, he'd have been just another crazy vet.

I used to have a girlfriend who had an Endtowney life, too. She wanted to run away at every sign of trouble, like Holly does. I like to think I grounded her a little.

Endtown is a comic that's very character-driven. Every arc is about how people interact with each other under shitty circumstances.
>>
>>82317576
>and is still a perfectly nice person

i don't know about that, i got a feeling she will backstab some one soon, she is cold blooded after all.
>>
>>82316904
>I still think the tail head is a metaphor for him talking out his ass or something.
Except he was the sensible one, who took a pretty reasonable stance on matters. Holly was the one coming out with nonsense to justify her recklessness.
>>
>>82318333
Before she realises she's I's plaything, she'll be the one pushing Wally to kill Holly when she turns, because she's the flipside of the Unity lizards - she can be a nice person while still-doing cold-blooded things because she thinks she's doing what's right for her loved ones.
>>
>>82316904
>>82318455
If his form represents his mental state, then his multiple heads represent being in multiple minds about everything that's happened to him and Holly, while his human tail-head represents the clarity of his hindsight and how he feels he should have seen this sneaking up on them.
>>
File: 1460771964004.png (96 KB, 971x573) Image search: [Google]
1460771964004.png
96 KB, 971x573
Fat Holly is best Holly
>>
>>82318855
>Holly after she finds an alternate dimension made entirely of cheese.
>>
File: image.jpg (280 KB, 567x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280 KB, 567x864
Little tail bump.
>>
>>82318333
>she is cold blooded after all.
Racist, dude.
>>
>>82318493
>hindsight
>HINDsight.
Goddammit.
>>
This next one's going to be bad, I can feel it. Everyone ready for a weekend cliffhanger?
>>
>>82320469

not sure if bad, i bet who's behind this illusion is going to manifest himself on the last panel
>>
>>82320547
>It's fooken Marx
>>
>>82320547
>"Miss Hollister" in the last panel
>Wait for Monday for reveal
>Marx
>>
>>82320547
>Lyn's explosion fades.
>Out steps Marx.
>"Now that's what I call edutainment!"
>>
>>82320547
Well, I think it's pretty clear it's ditto's again. They seem to do this a lot. What I'm wondering is where the real Holly is. She went in and disappeared, though the illusion might not be intended for her, but for Wally.
>>
>>82320600
>>82320614
>>82320615

Well now we know we all share the same ancient fear...
>>
the Lucranians
>>
File: e12.png (537 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
e12.png
537 KB, 692x577
>>82320645
>>
>>82320691
We're all just counting the days until the inevitable...
>>
>>82320624
It's been the real Holly the whole time, covered in dittos and acting out a waking nightmare made of her own worst memories.
>>
>>82320853

if that's that case, i'm sure she will get better.

:^)
>>
>>82320547
We all know it's going to be the creepy caretaker, trying to scare them away so he can steal the treasure hidden in the ship.
>>
>>82320889
"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling munchkins!"
>>
Fuck, Aaron is late again, that just means things are still getting worse and in a big way.
>>
So is it true that furries share a similar lifespan with their animal counterparts? Kinda scary to think most of them would only have a few good years left.

it was all a plot by Marx to get generations to pass faster, creating less opportunity for people to amass power like in the old world.
>>
>>82321063
Seems to update at a random time each day. I remember once a few updates ago I was surprised by a really early one.
>>
>>82321195
I think the conclusion arrived at in earlier threads was "Shortened lifespans for things like mice, but not horribly so."

Sounded like Aaron himself had commented on it, so if someone could post a cap of the relevant correspondence,,,
>>
>>82321063
Worse for Aaron? Or the story?
God I hope Aaron gets better. He's one in a million talented cartoonists who are actually really good at their craft. And a generally great person.
>>
File: 1460172275905.jpg (11 KB, 293x219) Image search: [Google]
1460172275905.jpg
11 KB, 293x219
>>82314501
I did it in 2 days.

And I started Monday
>>
>>82321250
I meant the story. The guy is a beast, he could lose all his limbs and he would probably still crank them out by holding a pen in his mouth.
>>
File: Carlos.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>82318493
HIND sight?
>>
>>82321250
Well, apparently there was a big storm that went through his area the other day.

Or he could be dreading the flood of emails he gets when he reveals who's been torturing Holly...
>>
>>82321311
Wait, is he in Texas? If so then yeah these storms are getting annoying.
>>
>>82321340
Yeah, I heard there were blackouts and everything.

For all we know this and the last comic have had to be finished on a laptop and uploaded at the local library or something.
>>
>>82321440
It must be Aaron Marx fault
>>
>>82321517

there was that theory that he's an evil spirit haunting aaron's drawing block thing
>>
File: image.gif (241 KB, 250x372) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
241 KB, 250x372
>>82321543
>a malevolent spirit transends through Aaron's story and haunts Aaron himself, doing anything it can to stop Aaron from uploading his comic.

I want off Aaron's crazy ride...
>>
I feel it's getting close...

Taking bets on reactions, gentlemen:

A: "GODDAMNIT, AARON!"
B: >Suspense intensifies.jpg
C: "Oh, that explains a lot."
D: All of the above.
>>
File: Wilson_watches.jpg (23 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Wilson_watches.jpg
23 KB, 300x400
I've never read Endtown. But every time there's a thread about it, the pics always show some sort of travesty taking place. What is this comic about that every thread has a character nearly dead or dying?
>>
>>82321831

its a comic about people nearly dead or dying
>>
>>82321831
Cute animal people suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune in a post-apocalyptic hellscape.
>>
>>82321831
You're probably gonna hear this a lot with questions like that, but honestly? Just read it. Start at the beginning, and read at least the first arc with Al and Gustine. If at the end you find yourself not wanting to continue on, (which I highly doubt you won't ) then I guess Endtown just isn't for you.
But yes, Endtown is a real fucking page turner, and there's some form of travesty within every chapter. It's a character driven story, with characters much more deeper than you would figure them to be.
>>
File: Crossed_Nasty.jpg (449 KB, 1250x967) Image search: [Google]
Crossed_Nasty.jpg
449 KB, 1250x967
>>82321910
>Cute animal people suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune in a post-apocalyptic hellscape.

So it's like Crossed, but without the cuteness.
>>
>>82321763
B. Aaron will keep us going until we find out how Holly and Doctor Chase got to Endtown. No closure this week.
>>
>>82322061
And mostly well written. Fucking Marx.
>>
>>82321940
>>82321910
>>82321854
>>82321831
We should start pasting a link to Endtown comics when starting a new thread for all the new readers. We've been getting a higher influx of new readers on a daily basis.
>>
>>82322101
Can't have the shine of the diamond without the inevitable flaw.
>>
>>82322105
I think what we need more is a Beginner's Guide to Endtown, with information on the comic, characters, Aaron, and the various storylines within the comic and brief spoiler-free summaries of said stories.
>>
>>82322215
there's a wiki but is really outdated
>>
Holly's physical resemblance to Hillary Rodham Clinton does her no favors.
>>
>>82322233
>>82322215
Given a brief summary of chapters leading up to the current one would be nice. I'd do it, but I'm currently drawing some more Endtown stuff
>>
>>82322267

this stale meme again...
>>
>>82322061
Crossed is a lot more gratuitous I'd say.
>>
>>82322296

that's cool! can't wait to see
>>
>>82322215
Tempting...
>>
>>82322296

don't draw kirbee, she has lots of art already, do holly!
>>
>>82322380
>Holly
There's a lot of her too, we need more of Roxie
>>
>>82322494
The hell is Roxie, anyway? I saw Aaron say she was supposed to be a meerkat originally, but he'd changed his mind. Did he ever decide on something?
>>
>>82322527

Stoat
>>
>>82322527

>roxie
>wants art of a literal murderer

>>82322527

stoat
>>
>tfw your waifu did nothing wrong
Waifu for laiffu.

You know who I'm talking about.
>>
>>82322353
Do it. This can be the thing to finally unfuck webcomic wikis, just look at Ava's Demon and Unsounded, tons of lore are reveled on Q&A and the official blog but no one actually bothers compiling it in one place.
>>
>>82322562
>wants art of a literal murderer
People still draw Holly, don't they?
>>
>>82322544
>>82322562
I assumed lion.

Better go correct those posts on e621 then.
>>
if anyone deserves lewds in this shit is my waifu Dottie.

>Dottie will never sexually harass you in the workplace.
>>
>>82322602
>People still draw Holly, don't they?

>implying holly murdered ethel and lyn

this meme is not going to die any time soon, is it?
>>
>>82322616
She looked kind of weird to begin with but now I find the big capybara snout kinda charming...
>>
File: end.end090320.gif (57 KB, 600x587) Image search: [Google]
end.end090320.gif
57 KB, 600x587
>>82322616
>>82322650

Is this an early version of Dottie?

Was she involved in the big orgy?
>>
>>82322494
KC plz...
>>
File: dottie.png (750 KB, 1482x712) Image search: [Google]
dottie.png
750 KB, 1482x712
>>82322650

Dottie is absolutely adorable, i cant wait for the next arc so she can get another lead role.
>>
>>82322641
Don't forget the baby she tried drinking to death.
>>
>>82322641
Well, Roxie didn't kill anyone she just wanted to make feel Linda ashamed and we know how that ended...
>>
>>82322711

well, the hair is not the same, i doubt it was her...
>>
>>82322742
She didn't wanted to kill her baby
>>
>>82322739
>Aaron has hit upon the perfect formula for appealing waifus
>Every arc from now on will have some kind of rodent girl as a protagonist
>>
File: Generation Bean.png (254 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
Generation Bean.png
254 KB, 600x593
>>82322711
>>
File: image.gif (653 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
653 KB, 300x225
>>82322789
Excellent...
>>
File: endtown-2010-11-25.gif (43 KB, 600x587) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2010-11-25.gif
43 KB, 600x587
>>82322739
>>
>>82322761
... trip to the hairstylist?
>>
>>82322824

holly could use that address...
>>
>>82322798
Well they didn't grow up THAT quick... those kids are 3-6 years old at most
>>
>>82322860
>implying there's something wrong with Holly's hair
She is crazy but she has a cute haircut
>>
File: image.png (682 KB, 767x952) Image search: [Google]
image.png
682 KB, 767x952
>>82322739
Agreed.
>>
File: 1456157995818.gif (30 KB, 221x292) Image search: [Google]
1456157995818.gif
30 KB, 221x292
>>82322979

>she will never playfully lift her skirt and give you a small peek
>>
File: endtown-2016-04-29.gif (260 KB, 900x919) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2016-04-29.gif
260 KB, 900x919
>>
>>82323038
>Topsiders
FUCK
>>
>>82323038

>enter topsiders
>>
>>82323038
Well, I can't see this ending poorly...
>>
>>82323038
OH SHIT!!!
>>
>>82323038
TOPSIDERS
>>
>>82323038

look! is cool cop!
>>
>>82323038

Sheeeet!
>>
>>82323038
Problems with GoComics again?
>>
File: OhHoHo.png (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
OhHoHo.png
7 KB, 400x400
>>82322711
>2nd panel
>>
>>82323038
Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggg......
>>
>>82323038
Welp. And here I thought it was going to be the last Buddibomb going after Holly. This' much worse.
>>
>>82323038

>topsiders arrived ridiculously fast
>Robbie was spying for them all this time
>>
>>82323038
>Holly is forced to become a lab mouse
>>
>>82323038
At least it wasn't pest control.
>>
>>82323038
Another slight time skip?

>suspense.jpg
>>
>>82323038
These cops deserve a spinoff

>Both end up TMs

>Mad Max post-apoc buddy cop combo
>>
File: Why Contain It.jpg (71 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
Why Contain It.jpg
71 KB, 288x499
>>82323038

> Topsiders are Neitherland FEMA

I subconsciously knew it. Fuck. Also the mention in the last e-mail of Apex doing the whole brain in a can thing through subsidiaries.

Fuck it. Even the tech is similar.

Also that just proves more points: Gated communities are test tubes. And Robbie was a spy.

Fuck... Monday's gonna suck
>>
>>82323038
>>
File: Artsignal.png (5 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Artsignal.png
5 KB, 256x256
>>82323163
Requesting Holly in a mouse cage, running on a wheel.
>>
>>82323203

Old men
>>
>>82323038
THEY WERE SPYING ON HOLLY AND LYN THIS WHOLE TIME

THEY HAVE BEEN PIPING THE VIRUS INTO THESE CLIMATE CONTROLLED COMMUNITIES AS AN EXPERIMENT

CALLING IT IN ALL CAPS
>>
>>82323235
Running the world

S'cool
>>
>>82323038
I think the Topsiders used to be Disease Control

Makes sense.
>>
>>82323257
That theory was thrown in the air a few weeks back. I should know, it was me who said it.
>>
>>82323257
I think it's more likely they were monitoring them after their exposure to the forest mutant. Pretty sure Aaron's said the Topsiders/Apex haven't got the faintest idea what the virus actually is, which kind of precludes them actually being able to pipe it.

>All the people in Holly's community have been exposed to mutants and were bribed with residences, savings accounts and jobs.
>Holly's going to meet the other housewives as anthros when Apex take her away.
>>
Holly was never pregnant or lost.jpg during the milk scandal.

She was relieving this traumatic event.

Holly has PTSD.
>>
File: 024_1437606655894.jpg (23 KB, 336x338) Image search: [Google]
024_1437606655894.jpg
23 KB, 336x338
>>82323339
>>All the people in Holly's community have been exposed to mutants and were bribed with residences, savings accounts and jobs.
>>Holly's going to meet the other housewives as anthros when Apex take her away.
>>
File: end160217.gif (299 KB, 900x919) Image search: [Google]
end160217.gif
299 KB, 900x919
>>82323339
What are they gonna turn into, guys?
>>
>>82323296

I'm surprised their suits are exactly like Topsiders.
>>
>>82323038
OH FUCK
>>
>>82323440

it's probably the only type of suit they had to deal with hazardous stuff...
>>
>>82323257
>THEY WERE SPYING ON HOLLY AND LYN THIS WHOLE TIME
Wouldn't surprise me.

>THEY HAVE BEEN PIPING THE VIRUS INTO THESE CLIMATE CONTROLLED COMMUNITIES AS AN EXPERIMENT
That seems really unlikely however. They might monitor Holly & Lyn in case they were exposed, but it's a huge stretch to then presume they're deliberately infecting people.
>>
>>82323440
Technological progress tends to slow down after apocolypses, though they do mention that the new suits are better protected against puncture.
>>
>>82323356

That's true. I suppose it should have been obvious when they revealed fishy.
>>
File: 1461946687248.png (416 KB, 752x590) Image search: [Google]
1461946687248.png
416 KB, 752x590
>>82323163
>Apex are literally gonna torture Holly
>She's got scars under that white fur
>>
>>82323421
Hummingbird and something slinky.
>>
>>82323339
>All the people in Holly's community have been exposed to mutants and were bribed with residences, savings accounts and jobs.
Should they have then turned up when Ethel's house exploded then?
>>
>>82323356
I think she was just referencing this event, not saying she lost a more recent child.
>>
>>82323636
Who wouldn't? That's a prime gawking event.
>>
>>82323339

That actually sounds really cute in a very depressing way...
>>
>>82323418
Her remaining buddibomb then kills them.
>>
>>82323744
>Implying the remaining Buddy Bomb isnt still around, and will show up after the flash back and try to kill Wally.
>>
>>82323799

it's probab ly going to kill those topsiders so she can escape.

>see? the bombs were useful after all.
>>
>>82323731
I meant Apex or disease control. They didn't make an appearance when Ethel mutated or exploded, so it doesn't look like they had been monitoring her.
>>
File: end140113.gif (284 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
end140113.gif
284 KB, 900x900
>Holly's going to go willingly with the Topsiders because they say they're going to "cure" her
>They run tests, practically vivisect her and nearly torture her to death
>Years later...
>>
>>82324026

> This fucking foreshadowing.

It's like playing Deadly Premonition all over again. The set pieces are all there. You just don't know the connections.
>>
>>82324004
Ethel was dead. Robot reports that Holly is still alive...
>>
>>82323853
But the bombs already proved their worth when they saved Holly from that snake. Why else would she keep the rest of the pack otherwise?
>>
>>82323226
On it. Anyone have that Holly Reference pic? I'm currently on my phone.
>>
File: endtown-2012-06-12.gif (144 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2012-06-12.gif
144 KB, 600x595
>>82324026

she couldn't keep her facade for much longer...
>>
File: 1457985120978.jpg (173 KB, 900x630) Image search: [Google]
1457985120978.jpg
173 KB, 900x630
>>82324068
>>
>>82324066
>But the bombs already proved their worth when they saved Holly from that snake

this, it as obviously an elaborated trap set up by ethel to eat holly, she totally forgot about holly packing buddibombs.
>>
Aaron says that we are going back to endtown for the end of the year rigth? If that is true things will go even WORSE that they already have
>>
>>82324200
It's the oldest trick in the book. Snake tells you it isn't going to eat you, just so that it can get close enough to eat you.
>>
>>82324576
thank god she had the bombs, her baby lived another week thanks to them.
>>
>>82324078
Why kind of things they done to her?
>>
>>82325229
I suspect we'll find out in the coming week(s).
>>
>>82325229

they touched her papilla
>>
File: 1460571840811 (1).jpg (670 KB, 2106x2340) Image search: [Google]
1460571840811 (1).jpg
670 KB, 2106x2340
>>82325267
>>
>>82325229
Biopsies.
Water-treading to determine stamina and heat tolerance.
Taking enough blood samples to put her near death.
Exploratory surgery without anaesthesia.
Probes in every orifice.
>>
>>82324061
Why didn't Ethel's house have a robot?
>>
File: edited topsider page.jpg (614 KB, 1762x900) Image search: [Google]
edited topsider page.jpg
614 KB, 1762x900
>>82323038
It's Friday

time for silly edits.
>>
>>82325498

she was not as materialistic as holly was...
>>
>>82325513

Holy fuck DK.... seriously.

That brightened up my day.
>>
File: image.jpg (387 KB, 800x814) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
387 KB, 800x814
>>82325513
Only one I have
>>
>>82325513
Requesting inevitable crossover with Wally and Co. in GB uniforms.
>>
>>82325434
Next week is going to be very educational
>>82325351
Doesn't Wally already knowed that? after all they fucked multiple times
>>
File: ray.gif (1 MB, 250x209) Image search: [Google]
ray.gif
1 MB, 250x209
>even after all this "redemption"
holly a shit kirbee is still supreme
>>
>>82325575
He probably gave her the reach-around.
>>
>>82325555
...nothing wrong.
>>
has the arc about the lizard town ended yet or has it just kept flowing?
>>
>>82325581
truth
>>
>>82323038
Fuck yeah, the cool cop is back
>>
>>82325581
cool story kirbro, you can keep your mentally handicaped lizard if you'd like.
>>
>>82325581
Only because we don't know how many people she's killed yet. It'll be even more than Holly, given what her colony was doing.
>>
>>82325634
or is it coming to an end?
>>
>>82325634
I'm assuming you're a new reader. It ended with possibly one of the biggest "HOLY SHIT" moments so far prior to this flashback arc.
>>
>>82325661
The airheadedness is an adopted trait, she's been in "I see notinkl, NOTINK!" mode ever since she was directly involved in the massacre of the non-reptilians.
>>
>>82325513
>Bill Murray survives the apocalypse unscathed

>because fuck you, he's Bill Murray
>>
>>82325742
Or she really is just that gullible. Though if ignorance works in Holly's defense, it'll probably apply to Kirbee too.
>>
>>82325513

Fast on the gun there DK!
>>
File: otp.png (80 KB, 387x392) Image search: [Google]
otp.png
80 KB, 387x392
i got this reply from Aaron, i asked him what he would have changed if he had planned Kirbee before hand.

"she absolutely would have protected Chic as best she could have because that's her nature. If I'd introduced Kirbee with a solid intention of building her up over time, I would have made it clearer that she was primarily relegated to working in the prison and possibly shown her getting morose over the loss of a previous prisoner."
>>
>>82325825

Or worse. He mutates into an orange haired cat that hates Mondays.
>>
>>82325498

Apparently he must have been working ON THOSE GODDAMN LONG ISLANDS.
>>
File: Patrick.jpg (15 KB, 354x242) Image search: [Google]
Patrick.jpg
15 KB, 354x242
>>82325897
>I Kirbee is so nice why didn't she help Chic when he was getting battered like KFC?
>Well, I didn't invent her yet!

That's creative writing for ya, I guess.
>>
>>82326065
Hey man sometimes lightning strikes when you least expect it. An idea you had before may be replaced with a better idea you have later in the future.
>>
>>82325513

Some side story completely unknown by the main characters are the Ghostbusters investigating the paranormal activity caused by what Egon could only surmise as " I ".

Marx constantly spins them in circles with his fanciful bullshittery.
>>
>>82325513
Jim-God as Gozer picture when?

He looks upon Wally, Kirbee, Chic, and Holly and asks "Are you a god?" Holly looks to Wally who nods, and she replies "No." Jim spews flames out of his hands and says "Then... die!"
>>
>>82323038
They aren't topsiders yet, they're just doing their job.

There is a deadly and infectious disease there, after all.
>>
>>82326099

>An idea you had before may be replaced with a better idea

>kirbee
>a good idea
>>
>>82326656
that depends on what they do to Holly
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 800x1005) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 800x1005
>tfw no grease monkey mouse waifu
>>
>>82327359

That's adorable! as always...
>>
>>82327415
I'm sorry. I just find Holly adorable as always...
>>
File: endtown2.png (51 KB, 576x289) Image search: [Google]
endtown2.png
51 KB, 576x289
>>82323440
I doesn't shock me.
Shouldn't they have the pre-war Apex Industries logo instead of the topsider one, though ?
>>
>>82327359

Gadget x Holly greasy lesbian sex when?
>>
>>82327613
Rescue rangers in endtown when?
>>
>>82326845
They haven't had 6 years of being stuck in their suits to turn them into proper monsters yet, so they might not be at the "die mutant scum" stage and jump straight to vivisection.

Quarantine, interrogation before being shipped to Pep Cola Park would be my guess.
>>
>>82327613
Golly...
>>
>>82325719
like most of /co/ probably, i binged it all one day and got up to jimgod and i hate taking in something update by update

how long is the current arc shaping up to take? a character history arc sounds like it wouldn't take too long
>>
>>82327733
We've been on this arc since last Christmas. Looks like we may be reaching at least the midpoint now, with tons more questions than answers.
>Lyn; is there a different Lyn?
>who's behind the dittos
>what is to happen to Holly now?
>will Wally and Kirbee ever enjoy the jacuzzi?
>>
>>82325907
Or a bear who likes going around naked.
>>
>>82327836
>>Lyn; is there a different Lyn?

no

>>82327836

>who's behind the dittos

Lucranians calling this shit.

>what is to happen to Holly now?

she will get back to wally and heal slowly once this is over.

this was never a possibility
>>
>>82327494
Department of Disease Control (assuming they're the DDC Lyn mentioned) sounds like a separate governmental agency; supplied with Apex equipment of course.

So they aren't using the topsider logo, the topsiders are using the DDC's, and most likely grew from their remnants. Which makes sense since they're the ones best prepared to actually survive the war and virus.
>>
File: image.png (783 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
image.png
783 KB, 500x749
>>82327920

>this was never a possibility

Party Pooper...
>>
>>82321195
I've seen this before, and it seems to be an unreasonable assumption. If it were true, Holly should be visibly much older than she appears, because mice have very short lifespans.

Either way, the comic does not seem to follow real animal logic. Holly is also larger than the rats, and said rats don't even appear to be rodents.
>>
>>82327359
>>82325513
Did not expect either of those things to eventually exist.
>>
>>82324078
Flask did nothing wrong.

No, seriously, Flask was just trying to take out the genocidal enemy of her people. She was crazy, but literally everyone in Endtown is crazy, so I can't really hold it against her. I'm more upset by her flagrant abuse of power in executing two scientists than I am at her desire to disable the enemy.
>>
>>82328419

>I'm more upset by her flagrant abuse of power in executing two scientists than I am at her desire to disable the enemy.

that's literally the only thing she did wrong.
>>
>>82328419
>did nothing wrong
I wonder if that meme will ever die.
>>
>>82328459

it will, right after the Holly didn't kill anyone meme.
>>
>>82328037
Exactly. Their entire pool of manpower must be isolated personnel and their families. We've already heard numerous times that topsiders held jobs as receptionists and telemarketers and whatever. These must be people who haven't been in contact with the virus (if it is a virus, but whatevs). So we're talking a "clean" building, built for that purpose, with a big supply of suits and other gear that they started stuffing their survivors in the moment it became clear the building itself would become a target.

This is supported by them using oodles of Apex technology, and seemingly having some very impressive production facilities. They have a logistical backbone that everyone we've seen thusfar lacks.
>>
File: dukat.jpg (617 KB, 890x1280) Image search: [Google]
dukat.jpg
617 KB, 890x1280
>>82328459
Not a meme. I had never read the comic until two weeks ago. Her assessment of the situation was correct. Her proposed reaction was correct. Her execution was extremely iffy, but then again we're talking about a bunch of PTSD-riddled animal people who all went through WWIII, which is the most mundane thing about them. These are less like organised forces going at each other, and more like that ISIS video where one of the clowns fires an RPG in an enclosed space.

The discussion about her actions is purely a moral one. Is it wrong to kill that many topsiders in one go? Yes, according to normal rules. Under rules of war, it's quite normal. Wally was operating under normal rules, Flask was operating under war rules. She did nothing wrong. There was simply a disagreement.

Then again, I have a thing for charismatic, mass murdering dictators with loads of sex appeal. Flask is basically Endtown's Gul Dukat.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 800x787) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 800x787
What game is she playing gents?
>>
>>82328807
That one o' den new X B0X 420's?
>>
>>82328807
Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>82328807

Metroid II to save the baby.
>>
>>82328622
Since Apex had soldiers in Wally's flashback, they probably provided personnel as well as the equipment.

So when stuff started going really wrong, I can imagine Apex stuffing their less critical employees into suits to provide manpower for the DDC. Which inadvertently saved their lives, since Apex itself didn't survive the war.
>>
>>82328807
Buddibomberman.

Holly didn't want to join in for some reason.
>>
>>82328459
Topsiders, despite being in the extreme minority, are bent on the annihilation of mutants who have at this point pretty much replaced humanity, based on the HOPE (however extremely unlikely) that they might then be able to take off their suits and live normally, which obviously is unlikely because the environment itself is inhospitable to them or else they'd only have to wear their suits on excursions. Without being able to reproduce, they're pretty much already extinct, and at this point just going to take as much mutants down with them as possible with no actual gain. And, as Aaron has told us via email, the mutants have no actual sympathizers in the Topsider ranks. Any who abandon the Topsiders do so over different matters. Otherwise, they are pretty much unanimous in their drive to exterminate the mutants

The topsiders are a disease, they're already dead, and all Flask would have done is prevent further meaningless death had she succeeded. She did absolutely nothing wrong.
>>
>>82328807
Nothing. That's a tape recorder.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 800x800
>>82328866
>>
Requesting child maude, luellen and kirbee playing jump rope
>>
>>82329073
>She did absolutely nothing wrong.
>murdered two scientists
>>
>>82329271
kirbee and luellen swinging the rope for maude.
>>
>>82328984
I think we can assume that Apex is a corporation in the mould of the various East India Companies. Very powerful, quasi-governmental, and providing its own services in terms of gear and manpower. Of that massive bulk, a small part survived in terms of the topsiders. But they hold all the cards in the post-apocalyptic game, except one: The very air is hostile to them.

If the topsiders were OK with mutating, they'd have set up a functional post-apoc government already and people would be drinking Pep Cola in mouse-sized portions.
>>
>>82329494

i wonder if indian mutants poo in the loo...
>>
>>82329297
this is supposed to be the part where you list something she did wrong
>>
>>82328771
She killed 2 innocent people. She tortured 3 innocent women for a month.

Stop waifufagging and go to Hell for supporting a murderer.
>>
>>82329297
Nobody's contesting that, Anon. Stop propping up this strawman. We know Flask was an unscrupulous villain. But that's exactly what Endtown needed to deal with the topsiders.

Which is why Mallard made her chief of security in the first place.

Also, she had a caboose that just wouldn't end, which is also a plus in her favour
>>
>>82329297

the mole had it coming though...
>>
>>82328807
Metroid 2.
>>
>>82329561

>She tortured 3 innocent women for a month.

who?
>>
>>82329561
but no one said anything about Holly
>>
>>82329606

HOLLY DIDN'T KILL ANYONE... will you stop with this bullshit?
>>
>>82329633
Because they all exploded for completely non-Holly related reasons, right?
>>
>>82329633
no, people just have a weird habit of dying as a result of her actions is all

not even counting the people she tried to but was prevented from killing/having killed

flask was a saint compared to holly
>>
>>82329662

it was not her fault, she obviously didn't have control over the bombs...
>>
File: end160401.gif (291 KB, 900x919) Image search: [Google]
end160401.gif
291 KB, 900x919
Wally said it himself, she was not responsible for the explosion.
>>
>>82329706
Buddibombs don't kill people. People with buddibombs kill people.
>>
>>82329698
Flask has a sadistic edge I really don't see in Holly. Both women are utterly busted, violent, and too devoted to their ideals by a half. I'm not even standing in the 'Holly's a Good Person' camp anymore.

But Holly never put a gun to a man's head and pulled the trigger without a second thought. That's not even getting into how the colony was highlighted to have innocent children, civilians! There could be dissenters, contentious objectors, it was thousands of people. Sentencing them all to death just because they're Topsiders is some goddamn cold shit.
>>
>>82329775
...no he didn't? He tried to justify her actions, before realizing his justification was equally terrible.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.