[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the best cast character in the entire MCU for the heroes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: charlie-cox-marvels-daredevil[1].jpg (748 KB, 3000x2063) Image search: [Google]
charlie-cox-marvels-daredevil[1].jpg
748 KB, 3000x2063
Is he the best cast character in the entire MCU for the heroes?
>>
>>82065516
He's not even a proper ginger. Imma have to go with Cap Evans
>>
Nah its either RDJ-Tony or Evans-Cap, although I can see people objecting to the latter if they expected a "harder" Cap.
>>
>>82065516
They nail it most of the time but if I had to choose one it would be Cap.
>>
>>82065586
>He's not even a proper ginger

This is the least important part of the character.
>>
>>82065516
It's between him and Cap, but both are perfect.
>>
Evans Cap and RDJ Stark are the best cast in my opinion.
>>
>>82065680
>>82065611

>RDJ Stark

Maybe in Iron Man 1. Every performance after that just feels so dry and empty. Really phoning it in since he knows he has the role on lock.

My opinion
>>
>>82065669
This to be honest, familia

And I had my reservations with Charlie Cox as Matt, I thought he looked too innocent and young if you know what I mean
>>
>>82065723
I think he did a good job in Iron Man 3, even if I personally didn't like the movie.

Many people are saying he gives his best performance in Civil War though, so I'm curious to see it.
>>
>>82065723
I think he might actually have upped his performance with CW since he gets to actually act differently for once
>>
Chris Evans.

Charlie Cox is a close second though.
>>
Just wait for Finn Jones as Hobo Fist.
>>
MCU casting is pretty great 90% of the time. The only ones I think were miscast are Renner and Scarjo.

Hemsworth could be good if the writing was better.
>>
>>82065829
I think when Renner gets quips and dialog he's fine. I think he was pretty good as hawkeye in AoU. Like Hemsworth, if he had better writing I'd be okay with him.

It's weird because I would never have chosen him as Hawkeye, and he is certainly different to how I imagined Hawkeye (Clint has always been my favorite), but I think given more scenes and better writing I'd be very happy with him.
He needs to be snarkier, take some away from Iron man and give it to Hawkeye.

And can we call him Hawkeye more on screen please? One of the things that tumblr does that /co/ doesn't talk about as much is they are trying to make using their first names way more popular.
>>
>>82065723

Nope his performances have been good, Tony is just a shit character and person
>>
>Idris Elba as Heimdall

Fucking stupid cunts

Would have been a better War Machine
To be honest beef cake black guy would have been a better War Machine than Don Cheadle
Not that Don Cheadle can't act, or that I don't like him in the MCU, it's just that they've made his character a recurring joke because he doesn't have the physical presense to be an action star.
>>
File: warmy.png (524 KB, 624x464) Image search: [Google]
warmy.png
524 KB, 624x464
>>82065988

any beef cake*

Michael Jay White can't really act but I would have gone with him
>>
>>82065757
He manages to capture Matt's determination, guilt, optimism, depression, and cheery disposition effortlessly.
>>
>>82065988
Am I the only one that thinks Terrence Howard was a better Rhodey than Cheadle? I know the actor's a cunt, but Cheadle just lacks charisma every time he's on screen.

Same with Norton as Banner. I think he did a better job than Ruffalo when portraying Bruce. Ruffalo's Hulk is better, but his Bruce is just really uninteresting.
>>
>>82066039
EVERYONE agrees on Terrence Howard

I'm neutral on Bruce
>>
>>82066054
Do they? I saw many people that said Cheadle was better.

I don't know, I feel like Howard was one of the few actors that could hold his own against RDJ. It's pretty easy to get overshadowed by RDJ Stark, like him or not the guy really has screen presence and is very charismatic. Cheadle is a bit too soft in his portrayal and gets lost in the background every time he shares the screen with RDJ. Howard's Rhodey was much more assertive in my opinion.
>>
>>82065829
Renner is a perfect fit for Hawekeye. His character in the Mission Impossible movies is basically Hawkeye!lite, it's just he hasn't had shit to do.
>>
>>82066039

He doesn't lack Charisma, it's the directors and writers fault because of how he looks...

If he was attractive they would be fine with having him on screen more and having fun but because they know that fan girls don't care about the character they don't give him anything to do

It's not his fault in that regard
>>
>>82066039
Edward Norton just felt like every other Norton character. He didn't seem interested in developing Bruce. Ruffalo doesn't seem to either, but like you said, he is the better Hulk.
>>
>>82065988
I actually like Elba. He does that weird ethereal thing with his voice.
>>
>>82066190
I like Elba too, but I feel like he's wasted as Heimdall. Though to be honest, I feel like everyone is pretty much wasted in the Thor franchise except Hiddleston.

Hiddleston seems to be the only one that gives a fuck in that franchise. Everyone else is just there for the paycheck or they lack the acting skills to do more with their characters (like Hemsworth, who seems like he does care about the character, but the script is shit and he really can't do much to elevate it).
>>
File: k1p3tg.jpg (10 KB, 240x270) Image search: [Google]
k1p3tg.jpg
10 KB, 240x270
>>82066132

It's not that Cheadle is too soft, maybe because you guys haven't made films before but if the directors and writers cared about Cheadle as Rhodes they would give him decent lines.

NO ONE, can work with the shit that Cheadle is given in this franchise and do any better than Cheadle

>doesn't get to fire a shot in im3 in the suit
>gets over shadowed by vision in his chance to shine in avengers 2
>gets btfo in civil war

Also it is a directors job to spot these things and honestly Cheadle is one of the best actors in the MCU, if he's getting lost in the background it's because of the director and script he's given.

Now if he was better looking and had a physical presense he would be given better lines and more screen time, it's got nothing to do with Cheadle as an actor, he just doesn't look the part.

It would be like asking DJ Qualls to play Captain America (after the syrum). Nothing wrong with his acting ability, everything wrong with his physical presense and appearence.
>>
>>82066190

I like Elba too, it's just a waste of a good actor for a role that isn't important.
>>
>>82066309
I'd watch that.
>>
>>82065516
Evans then Cox. The asses are fat.

I also enjoyed Batista as Drax and Vin voicing Groot.
>>
>>82065646

Well, he's also too short, scrawny, shy and bald to play Matt Murdock.
>>
>>82065516
No that's coulson
>>
File: 1461213347294.png (40 KB, 583x265) Image search: [Google]
1461213347294.png
40 KB, 583x265
>>82066985
He's an OC.
>>
Best casting so far has been Agent Carter's tits.
>>
>>82066190
Watching him as Shere Khan was so cool. It sounded like the tiger was talking into this big, booming mic at all times.
>>
Matt, Foggie and Kingpin's castings were perfect in the sense that when I'm reading a DD comic their voices fit perfectly
>>
>>82066282
Well they replaced Kenneth Branagh and limited his freedom as a director.
>>
Iron Man, Happy, Groot, Odin, Fury, Cap are all better.
>>
>>82066039
I just wouldn't be able to take Terrence Howard seriously on screen as anyone, never mind a superhero, after the whole 1x1=2 thing.
>>
>>82065723
Just a reminder that he's being paid all the money to do Infinity War 1 & 2.
Fucking ALL of it.
And it's going to be glorious.
>>
>>82066132
>Howard's Rhodey was much more assertive in my opinion

And that is why he was booted out. In IM1 Rhodey was on the same level as Tony, IM2 and beyond Rhodey was an underling. I for one was hyped to see Howard as War machine but would've hate seeing him get neutered in IM2. I still get chills over the "Next time" line
>>
>>82068406
>In IM1 Rhodey was on the same level as Tony, IM2 and beyond Rhodey was an underling.

This. I don't care for this dynamic they have now
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.