[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so since asgard is just suppose to be a superior science based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: images-4.jpg (6 KB, 340x148) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
6 KB, 340x148
Ok so since asgard is just suppose to be a superior science based realm instead of magic, explain Heimdals ability to see across galaxies and realms. Thor can technically be scientific in the MCU because the hammer can be some kinda tech, Loki and others can just be so far evolved mentally that there able to create illusions like a telepath, which is impressive but it's just a power but not magic. Heimdalls power genuinely seems like actual magic tho so how is that explained?
>>
Shit writing

Who gives a fuck? The Thor movies are terrible
>>
The same way it's all explained : it just seems like magic to you because you don't understand it.

It's a shitty out, but it's the one they're going with because it's hard to argue against (since it's a flawed premise).
>>
he's got special eyes
>>
>>82056622
Heimdall is a machine
>>
>>82056622
Biology or implants, obviously.

/thread
>>
OP here. You guys are right but do you atleast see what I mean by having some who just seem to have powers because of technology and then having heimdal have fucking Magic eyes that can see galaxies away
>>
It's legit magic. Doctor Strange exists in the MCU after all
>>
It's pretty obvious it is because he's half-robot
>>
>>82056811
Soul Stone eyes.
>>
What kind of stupid ass question is that? Superpowers aren't inherently magical.
>>
>>82056942
I actually thought this might be the reason to.
>>
>>82056622
Because it is magic. What we would consider magic is what it is. They just understand it as we would science.
>>
>>82057248
You need to stop with this meme. It was a way of explaining magic as super advanced alien tech. There's a reason they used a straight sci-fi aesthetic for everything.
>>
but can Heimdal see why Midguardians like Cinna mon Toast Crunch/
>>
>>82056622
They're using magic. To them, magic is just another science, but that doesn't change the fact that they're using magic. Some of there stuff that appears to be magic is just super-technology, but they also use magic.

Odin uses magic. Loki uses magic. Thor uses a magic weapon although not using magic himself.
>>
>>82057314
Kirby used straight sci-fi aesthetic to depict Asgard too. Didn't change the fact that they had magic at their disposal.
>>
>>82057419
Nanotech.
>>
They never say "it's not magic, it's science". Thor just says where he's from they're the same thing.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
91 KB, 1920x1080
>>82057457
>>
If you have any empirical evidence on how magic exists or how its cast, then it can be a science.

Magic is as much of a science in DC as it is in Marvel. They're just treated differently. Literally the only thing that can't be a science is something that can't be measured in any single way which would be something like IRL religion.
>>
>>82056622
Magic.
>>
>>82057575
Nanomachines and wormholes can explain literally anything.
>>
>>82057314
It's not a meme. The reverse is in fact more of a meme than anything, based on the misunderstanding of a single conversation in the movie.

“Your Ancestors Called it Magic, but You Call it Science. I Come From a Land Where They Are One and the Same.”

They have an understanding of the fundamental forces they use the same way we do of atomic energy and electricity.

But it is simply magic they understand the same way we understand things. They just harness it the way we harness electricity or atomic energy or combustion.

In a deleted scene the illusion powers loki has are spoken of by thor and their mother. She mentions teaching loki her 'magics'.

Likewise hiddleston talks about it in the commentary for thor 2.

It is decidedly magical in nature. I mean odin whispers an oath into mjolnir imbuing it with a symbol and rendering incapable of being lifted except by those worthy of its power. Thats fucking magic. Unless were going with 'nanyte infused hammer with quantum computers inside that respond to a psychic imprint left by odin and increase gravitational pull to match attempts to lift it based on data taken from user dna matched with worthiness.bat' or some shit.
>>
>>82056622

He says it in thor one

>your ancestors call it magic, but you call it science, where i come from they are one in the same

He never actually says its all just tech and not magic, he says its magic tech...they use both
>>
Hell the only thing the thor movies really fucked up in my opinion were the dark elves, they had a chance to really bring in some dark creepy old school magic type adversaries and instead they went with lasers...ball dropped hard

I think people think marvel has had no magic in it yet because of the dark elves and the mandarin, which in all honesty is fair, they butchered those opportunities

Im hoping they are less afraid to embrace the fantastical elements at this point though, I personally think its a director thing, they got the wrong people for those two movies...I mean Iron Man 3 had a really out of place lethal weapon vibe
>>
>>82056910
>THERE ARE PEOPLE
>ON THIS BOARD
>RIGHT NOW
>THAT ACTUALLY BELIEVE DOCTOR STRANGE WILL PERFORM MAGIC
>>
File: 1116870-asgard[1].jpg (177 KB, 519x354) Image search: [Google]
1116870-asgard[1].jpg
177 KB, 519x354
>>82057314
because that's how it was in the old comics
>>
>>82057360
CINNABON?!
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.