[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frank "Da Gawd" Quitely is the GOAT. Why does /co/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 736x1131) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 736x1131
Frank "Da Gawd" Quitely is the GOAT. Why does /co/ hate the modern master so much?
>>
>>82054731
Morrison pls go
>>
File: HBYBPRD53-02-00-col.jpg (146 KB, 593x900) Image search: [Google]
HBYBPRD53-02-00-col.jpg
146 KB, 593x900
Because he takes like half a decade to do 50 pages

Now, someone who can get shit on pretty fast while still being amazing...
>>
>>82054731
While I recognize Quitely's excellence, his aesthetic does not appeal to me.
>>
>>82054731
Well, I mean, he's no Robbi Rodriguez but he's okay
>>
File: Quitely Shimura.jpg (256 KB, 984x1353) Image search: [Google]
Quitely Shimura.jpg
256 KB, 984x1353
I really like what Quitely does really well, the problem I find is that generally his collaborations with Morrison don't actually have what I like most about his other comics.
>>
>modern master
>Vincent "Potato Face" Deighan
Nah
>>
File: quitely.jpg (328 KB, 1234x1600) Image search: [Google]
quitely.jpg
328 KB, 1234x1600
>>82054731
Yeah he's pretty good.
>>
>>82054838
>didn't give her armpit and leg hair
SHITLORD
>>
>>82054838
This looks like it was drawn by a blind man.
>>
>>82054731
Quitely is honestly my fav Artist at the moment. Has been for a few years now. I just love everything the guy does.

It is unfortunate the time he puts into each book means you don't see much from him or if you do, it has a ridiculous release schedule.
>>
I like Quietly a lot, I just don't care much for the writers he works with
>>
>>82055379
I hope he never goes back to a monthly serialized comic. Just doing minis, one-shots, and creater owned stuff is great. It sucked reading X-Men or Batman and Robin and then he's was just gone
>>
>>82054731
He's too slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
Burnham's not as good, but his style is similar and effective enough to suffice.
>>
page context
>>
>>82055019
Uhhhh...Mods?
>>
>>82055019
Is that really the cover? Of all the pieces they could have gone with?
>>
>>82055019
Batman's face looks like actual, LITERAL shit in this.
>>
One of my top all time favs, m8.
>>82054792
Nice taste here, Paolo is a rising star.
>>
>>82055336
He's legally blind, and retiring from comics soon.
>>
>>82054848
The coloring and the inking was something else in this book.
>>
File: jupiters-legacy-t1-3.jpg (400 KB, 1200x910) Image search: [Google]
jupiters-legacy-t1-3.jpg
400 KB, 1200x910
Fucking Millar hogging him for years
>>
>>82054838

>Dislike both this faggot and the chink he's having gay twitter ways with
>At least the one with purple hair's art is a little dynamic

Cho knows his anatomy but goddamn is his shit boring to look at

Too bad you can't hate both on /co/ without being called a SJW
>>
>>82055019

Is Batman chewing tobacco or something?
>>
>>82054731
I was at first a little off-put by his work because of the weird squashed shape all his female heads have and how everything has a lumpy texture, even skin, but then I just sort of got used to those things as part of his "style" and I like him.
>>
>>82054731
no clue, he's my favourite.
>>
>>82061112
when is this shit going to finish?

pretty good, morrison-wannabe kind of effort from millar, but it's taking forever.
>>
>>82054838
Fucking garbage
>>
I liked his art in everything I've read he's drawn except for X-Men, Emma, Jean and Xavier having sultana faces was awful and his Wolverine is horrifying
>>
>>82062971
I really like his Wolverine and Emma.

Didn't much care for Jean's face though, though she looked absolutely grizzly in the opening panels of new x-men.
>>
I like his art but he does draw everyone with the same neanderthal face.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.