[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fans of the Hulk, could you please explain to me what you find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 500x764) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 500x764
Fans of the Hulk, could you please explain to me what you find appealing about the character?

Because IMO he's just a boring Jekyll and Hyde clone with overpowered strength.
>>
File: FNF-HulkBear6.jpg (53 KB, 500x244) Image search: [Google]
FNF-HulkBear6.jpg
53 KB, 500x244
>>82054307
>Jekyll and Hyde

There you go.

That plus Frankenstein plus DUMB = FUNNY.

And smashing. Lots and lots of smashing.

It's pretty cool if you don't think about it too hard.
>>
File: konnan.jpg (81 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
konnan.jpg
81 KB, 600x400
t. every fag who never read a classic hulk book ever
>>
>>82054307
She-Hulk is best hulk.
>>
I like that his biggest villain is the Military Industrial Complex
>>
It's a psychological thriller at times, a giant monster movie, the next, and a romance occasionally. It's great
>>
>>82054307
>Jekyll and Hyde

you have literally never understood that story or even read it, you goddamned illiterate piece of shit
>>
>>82055740
How is he wrong?
>>
>>82054307

Maybe you should try reading comics.
>>
>>82055903
>>82055740
>>82054654
You guys are cunts.
>>
>>82054675
Red She-Hulk was the best hulk.

Jen Walters is just dull nowadays.
>>
>>82054307
>what you find appealing about the character?
That he has power, but not the moral compass of a girl scout like Superman
>>
>>82054307
That's the problem with all Unlimited Strength heroes: No Challenge at all.

Just like Superman.
>>
File: HULK0123.jpg (422 KB, 1038x785) Image search: [Google]
HULK0123.jpg
422 KB, 1038x785
BEST HULK IS HULK OVERFLOWING WITH EMOTION
>>
>>82056478
Only retards think unlimited strength heroes are about being used to punch things and only retards write unlimited strength heroes as only punching things

Those sorts of guys are supposed to get in shenanigans that they can't just punch away.

The Hulk has been completely ruined as a character in 616 because of everyone veering away from Hulk wandering and smashing and being childlike. From the late 60s to early 80s, Hulk was great as a wandering big kid getting into trouble and adventures that Banner would have to deal with but ultimately need his hated alter ego's help to do anything and hope that they don't get into even more hot water
>>
>>82054307
I dropped Hulk when Banner never learned to control him. How has literally NO ONE thought to write a story where Banner can control the Hulk or at least be amicable with the Hulk personality?
>>
>>82055869
For one, many of the best hulk runs don't have banner do that shtick. Planet Hulk, Hulk and Cho, Fixit hulk, the Professor Hulk era, ect.
>>
>>82054307
Because he makes Thor fanboys cry.
>>
>>82058202
>none of the hulk runs I read have banner do that shtick

>>82058120
Happened several times so you probably didn't pick Hulk up
>>
>>82055601
>It's a psychological thriller at times, a giant monster movie, the next, and a romance occasionally. It's great
Yes it is. And the only time a live action Hulk movie was like that the plebs ignored it.

Ang Lee's Hulk best Hulk. Literally the peak of capekino.
>>
>>82058430
Both have been pretty fucking goo Hulk movies
>>
>>82058472
Norton one was pretty watered down. The plot was too simple, a juvenile excuse to have Hulk smash things during 2 hours. I understand people complained about too much talking and drama in the first movie, but the second movie is completely the opposite. Just mindless explosions. And that videogame direction. Not very ambitious.

I wonder how the movie was before studio interference. Norton was a good Banner.
>>
>>82058403
Could you please recommend me some? I really would like to know. Im>>82058120
>>
>>82056426
Everything is dull nowadays. Doesn't change the fact that Jen is still the best.
>>
>>82058785
I'll only do it if you tell me what you read of Hulk and weren't just talking out your ass about picking it up. Especially when modern Hulk is basically just Super Saiyan Banner(shit)
>>
There have been a lot of interpretations and angles with the character but my personal favorite aspect is that he's a broken person. He's simultaneously the physically strongest character (theoretically anyway) and one of the smartest people in the world but he can't find happiness.

An interpretation is that he physically becomes stronger than anything so he can overcome any problem. His father was abusive and even killed his mom while he was helpless (because he's a kid). In response, he wanted to become stronger to defeat not just his father who was bigger and stronger than him but anyone else who would harm him or his loved ones. It's like the fulfillment of a kid's simplistic dream. It's why a lot of times as the Hulk, he brags about his strength and how his enemies can't hurt him and why he gets so pissed when his loved ones get hurt.

However, the same source of his strength (anger) is also the same thing that prevents him from finding happiness. Either he gets caught up in never ending fights where he's forced to keep "winning" or he destroys any chance of happiness himself. One answer that I liked for his dilemma was finding happiness with a person as broken as him. Too bad it didn't last since that's how comic books roll.
>>
>>82054307
I like how he's a guy who could kick everyone's ass at any time, but has to try really hard not to. It's all about restraint and willpower.

>>82058120
If Banner learns to control his Godlike power form all conflict is pretty much dead.
>>
>>82054307
I wrote a paper for my psychological class based on this and it got me an A. Long story short people like him because they use Banner as a self insert of their own pathetic bullied lives. They often fantasize about being the hulk. When their aggressors piss them off that they transform into an unstoppable force with power to totally crush their tormentors. Also they're fucking emos with "No one can understand the rage and angst of my oppressed soul."
>>
>>82054675
she-hulk is dead you dumbass
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.