[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyclops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Why do normies hate on Scott so much? The guys was the leader of a team that regularly out sold the Avengers back in the day, he actually has some consistant characterization (for comics), and even had what I'd call a climax at the end of AvX (giving into all the doubts he had and becoming the new Magneto-type). Is it the movies? The cartoons? I've always thought he was the quintessential superhero team leader. also besides a few duds hes always had the best costumes
>>
Because with the exception of Optimus Prime and Grimlock the angry bad boy rebel is always more popular than the straight laced leader and since they frequently clash the leader guy gets dumped on even more for disagreeing with everyone's favorite
>>
I'm not the biggest X-fan, but it seems as if Cyclops is flawed in ways that aren't "cool". I think he's a compelling character but he's not a very lovable one, if that makes sense.

It is kind of funny that he still gets so much heat even though he's gradually developed in to a very different character than what he was.
>>
>>82040666
The 90s cartoon is the reason why
>>
>>82041109

He was always a cunt. He bailed on his pregnant wife back in the 80s
>>
>>82041109
Thats what I mean with the characterization. He goes from akward young hero when the comic starts in the 60s, Claremont takes over and he becomes this reluctant leader type, in the 90s he's this stoic hardass, Morrison and Whedon make him seem like he's losing grip on reality and starts doing scummy shit and having a lot of "fuck this" moments, and post-AvX he's full on becone the antithesis of the X-Men embracing everything Prof. X was against. I might be reading into it too much cause I really like the character, but I don't know a lot of capes that have that many turning points in their run, and even when they do it is sporadic and not as intentional or at least makes sense like Cyclops.
>>
>>82041218
That and his total character assassination in the movies.
>>
>>82040666
When he started out, he was the anti-social hardass that worried about accidentally killing you from across the room.
He eventually became the hardass leader that stopped worrying about that, retired and had a family, and came back in X-Factor while very slowly becoming a more fun character over the next couple decades.
>>
>>82041366
He was a reluctant leader in the original run. Pretty much every Scott story was him wanting to leave the X-Men or frustrated that he can't hook up with Jean because he might accidentally punch her in the face with his eyes.
>>
>>82040666
Because they see him as the "no fun" guy who gets in the way of Wolverine killing dudes and fucking bitches.
>>
>>82041455
I just really like the idea of a reluctant hero then. I feel like most heroes are suppose to be, but other than maybe a couple of good Spidey runs, Cyke pulls it off best.
>>
Well cause he's a shit character in the cartoons and movies.

Literally the only reason why.
>>
>>82040666
cause he's teh boss and most people hate their boss
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.