[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superman: American Alien #6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 32
I WANNA BE AN AMERICAN ALIEN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27gTrPPAyk

Before his Climactic Battle with...Lobo...huh...Clark must contend with a more imminent and local threat:

His childhood friends.
>>
If it wasn't for Jim Lee, I'd be excited for this book.
>>
A variant that isn't an esoteric cash-in and has some cohesion with what's actually inside of the book?

EGADS!
>>
>>82032219
OVER HERE FAGGOT: >>82026855
>>
>>
Okay. Now THIS is a Clark Kent you'd have a hard time believing was actually Superman.

Just look at that hair. Yeesh. A+, Smallville.
>>
Wish they didn't glance over the bug thing, that's always been a concern of mine.
>>
Fun Fact: Clark actually speaks here in this one single issue more than he does in all of BvS - Dawn of JUST.

Imagine that.
>>
And here we go.
>>
tfw you aren't the Smallest of villes anymore.
>>
I'd like to think super speed played a hand in this.
>>
Get set to get triggered, those just joining us.

But hey, at least he isn't shot or CIA.
>>
A little something for you Suicide Squad fans out there.

You know who you are, you blonde-loving scamps!
>>
Live in New York once...
>>
>>82032418
Oh no, not Jimmy Olson, paragon of the white race... not in this out of continuity, purposefully different retelling of Superman's early years. How could they?

Honestly, him being an art photographer is a bigger change. Red hair is a little silly.
>>
...but leave before it makes you hard.
>>
>>82032464
If it's good enough for King North Korea's basketball buddy, it's good enough for Jimmy.
>>
Well he's not wrong.
>>
Oh right. That's still a thing.

His little Fresh Prince schtick.
>>
Seeing Red is not a good thing for most. But for this guy in particular? Wew.
>>
Time for an Iron Man moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwOxM0-byvc
>>
I'm going to shut up for the next few pages and swing the blast shield down because in space, no one can hear you scr-!
>>
>>82032418
Black Jimmy is alright if he can be played by a Wayans brother

Black stud Jimmy is ridiculous
>>
>>82032458
Why is this Superman so slow?
>>
>>
>>
>>82032705
>Abin Sur

Wonder why there are never any stories about his stint on Earth.
>>
>>
>>82032724
Too busy chatting with his crucified rage monster terrorist buddies, senpai.
>>
But screw the other guy, right?
>>
It probably gets like...ALL of the bars in orbit though.
>>
>>82032418
Black Jimmy is ok if played by Chris Tucker and got a decent haircut.
>>
Suddenly, having Space Danny Trejo as the final boss makes perfect sense.

He is going to frag Clark up with the truth next issue, mark my words!
>>
>>82032703
Early days. Kind of taking the directly post-crisis approach to his powers. This is a little less powerful than he was during the Byrne era.

He was repowered gradually throughout the late 90s until essentially being at pre-crisis levels (although never directly stated).

Fun fact: Morrison/Waid/Millar/Peyer's Superman 2000 pitch centered around Byrne era Superman flying through the sun (ala All Star Superman) and from that have his powers boosted up to pre-crisis levels, along with his brain being augmented to restore his super intelligence/imagination/compassion, but it was rejected and bummed out everyone forever.

Millar would later go on to sell his story that ended the Superman marriage to Marvel, becoming One More Day.
>>
>>82032260
Dude, have you seen that thread. It just stopped at the previous issue, it had a storytime of a weird mickey mouse fancomic as well.
>>
>>82032692
>Black stud Jimmy is ridiculous
>thinks this Jimmy is a stud

Oh anon. That says a lot about you.
>>
>>82032724
I want to say there was something with Booster Gold an Jonah Hex but I might be misremembering.
>>
>>82032418
Is he gay too? Sounds like it
>>
>>82032810
I think he was referring to the version on Supergirl and favoring this approach.
>>
>>82032705
OK Landis, that was pretty cool.
>>
>>82032826
Not any gayer (in a bad way) than these stupid black-blue boots.

That little red line is wigging me out too.
>>
that was a nice conflict.

Liked the issue.
>>
>>82032844
I dunno. Doesn't bother me. The red boots always made me think he should be wearing red gloves. Without the underoos, it works and the lines/belt keep it from looking too Ultraman. I'll take it as a new/old mashup.
>>
This was boring as fuck desu. And why is this Superman so unrecognizable and a whiny bitch?
>>82032798
>you'll never get out of post crisis mediocrity and read the best in continuity story
Why live

Yeah it was pretty much their fuck you go post crisis reboot. Some of the elements were in All Star, new 52 reboot and Birthright.
>>
>>82032418
JIMMY OLSEN? This is because of the Supergirl TV series? I saw a picture that there Jimmy is black. I never interested that series

If Supergirl looks puny, does not encourage me to buy his comic ..

First Wally and now Jimmy? Outside redheads?

although DC will also eliminate the Superman of this universe... Too Stupid changes, fans eventually get tired.
>>
>>82032418
He can not be Olsen....

He appears in AC of Rebirth as Redhead ..
>>
>>82032962
It's Landis literally trying to say " look how progressive I am." He wanted to make Bruce black too. Why? Just because.
>>
>>82032796
I thought Doomsday was going to be the final boss since he was in a back-up story. Did Landis say it was Lobo?

Maybe they team up.
>>
>>82032829
Yeah that's what I meant.

>>82033005
This is a self-contained miniseries, not canon
>>
>>82032378
MAN OF KEKOLDRY
>>
>>82033048
>>82032829
>Yeah that's what I meant.

K. Sorry.
>>
>>82032798
>Millar would later go on to sell his story that ended the Superman marriage to Marvel, becoming One More Day.

With Neron instead of Mephisto?
>>
>>82032499
>WHERE IS JOKERRRR

middle kek
>>
>>82033063
No sweat, thanks for storytiming.
>>
>>82033005
>>82032962

Out of continuity. This is just a story about Superman for the sake of a story about Superman. No one is messing with Jimmy any more than they have for the last 20 years of no one knowing what the hell to do with him.
>>
>>82033095
Mr. Mxyzptlk
>>
>>82033048
WHHATT? not that I care much but ..DC wants to turn the world upside down.

When I saw Supergirl, I saw supergirl of Burnside, a total that will not see.

I angered switch to change Superman and now another minor character of Superman ..

They are removing all normal in Superman comics, to see the pre-flashpoint happy family?
>>
>>82032649
>>82032630

Why is this kid such a dick
>>
>>82032378
WHAT THE FUCK LANDIS
>>
>>82033135
... are you a troll or do you not know what out-of-continuity means?
>>
This is fucking horrible to a degree that surpasses Marville or The Unfunnies. Fag "THE RAPIST" Fagdickless is literally the worst writer in the history of any medium. The first three issues of this mini were not bad, but the last three have been unreadable garbage.
>>
>>82033048
Well, there are going to kill 52 new superman apparently some canon if there ..

It disgusts me to see the Rebirth Superman to look at Jimmy and could not see.. he have become a stranger ..
>>
>>82032257
Since we never see Clark in the new suit in the issue proper, I suppose this is it

Pete said it wasn't armor, so is it supposed to look like paintball wear or something?
>>
>>82032724
There are a couple, I remember one where he helps out an ancestor of Hal's
>>
>>82032378
>Superman is LITERALLY a cuck faggot

FFS.
>>
>>82032391
Doubtful, he said he can only fly at 70mph. I doubt he has superspeed.
Maybe superhypnotism?
>>
>>82032817
Booster met Sinestro, not Abin. Guy was going to get a ring before Hal so he had to convince him to pick Hal
>>
>>82033370
As I understand it, Superman's superspeed in flight is different from superspeed on the ground

One is tactile telekinesis and a mental thing, while one is muscle power.

Of course that just might be my ass talking
>>
File: volstagg.jpg (96 KB, 359x435) Image search: [Google]
volstagg.jpg
96 KB, 359x435
>>82032378
>Lois cucking Superman
>>
>>82032391
Is that Abra Kadabra in the photo and the Ultra-humanite in the other photo, I don't recognize the third one.
>>
>>82032378
Im pretty sure Clarks a creepy beta orbiter and not a cuck in this situation.
>>
>>82032689
RIP
>>
>>82032649
Sounds like Pete wants to be thrown straight into the sun
>>
>>82032771
>>82032777
;_;
>>
>>82032705
well shit...
>>
>>82032796
He said in a youtube show he'll fight Wionder Woman. Guess it's a issue with more action if Lobo shows up too.
>>
this faggot is the cringiest dialogue writer in the history of comics
>>
>>82033616
It's because he's a young guy who lives in LA, the dialogue reflects the world he lives in. Of course it sounds weird coming from superman, but w/e.
This issue was kinda boring. Easily the weakest issue yet, and Landis already did the "Stand around and talk for a full issue" thing much much much better in issue #3, so this feels redundant.
>>
>>82033616
He is. There aren't any writers who can write believable realistic dialogue that I know of, except for King.
>>
>>82033370
He said 7,000 mph, anon.
>>
>>82032418
Everyone's gonna complain about black Jimmy but at least it's better than him being shot in the fucking face to shock audiences.
>>
>>82033451
You can't just deny us the dank memes like that
>>
>>82032418
>>82032435
oh no, I can't handle this horrible atrocity Max Landis has put upon us. first superman eating chinese food, now this? think of the children
>>
>>82033804
The same as putting this supergirl of burnside .. The TV ..

I'm not an old fan, but I'd rather see Supergirl as WAR OF SUPERMAN(long hair, red skirt) not this version as puny.

when I saw the cover of mind that was not more like superwoman .. It looks very weak.
>>
>>82032796
It kind of makes Abin Sur look like even more of a dick if he's going to let Lobo just wreck shit.
>>
This was the first real "miss" for me. 1-5 were all varying degrees of fine-really good, but this issue has been a swing and miss kind of issue
>>
>>82032798
>Fun fact: Morrison/Waid/Millar/Peyer's Superman 2000 pitch centered around Byrne era Superman flying through the sun (ala All Star Superman) and from that have his powers boosted up to pre-crisis levels, along with his brain being augmented to restore his super intelligence/imagination/compassion, but it was rejected and bummed out everyone forever.
But those ideas were all shit
>>
>>82034600
Post crisis fag
>>
>>82034050
I enjoy characters reacting emotionally honestly to situations that I'm familiar with as a reader but they are coming to fresh.

I guess that's kind of been the point of the series.

I moved from Texas to New York around the same age and so this kind of hits home for me, especially since it's Pete and not Clark who is the narrative focal point for most of the issue.

That said, it takes a lot to make anyone care about Pete Ross. Remember when he was President of the United States?
>>
>>82035267
It was what was being said that kind of threw it off, rather than tone and whatnot
>>
>>82035288
What part? The S thing? The letting parents down part?

I could understand not understanding why my ex friend was going about things like this, especially if I'd grown up keeping his alien-ness a secret.
>>
>>82035656
Dialog early in the issue. I didn't feel very Clark
>>
>>82033442
Toy Man
>>
>>82034871

It's true, though. As many complaints as you hear about Superman being an unrelatable, unbeatable god that's boring to read NOW, imagine how much that would multiply if he was the pre-Crisis, pulling powers out of his ass, time-traveling to borrow a cup of sugar from the 31st century, version of himself.
>>
File: bravo.png (43 KB, 156x219) Image search: [Google]
bravo.png
43 KB, 156x219
>>82032418
WHAT IS THIS WHAT IS THIS. THIS IS WORSE THAN CIA JIMMY
LANDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!
>>
>>82032473
>some kind of Bat Man?
BRAVO LANDIS
>>
>>82032418

Isn't this something Jon Peters wanted Kevin Smith to do? Give Brainiac or Superman a gay, black sidekick?
>>
>>82036264
Tell that to All Star, Red Son and Birthright
>>
>>82032798
Seriously? Millar was going to have Superman sell his marriage to the Devil?
>>
>>82037282

All-Star was one of the best writers DC's ever had. Birthright was an origin reboot for a post-Crisis Superman, so by definition, he wasn't as powerful. Red Son focused on the setting, not the powers, which were barely more than post-Crisis levels anyway. He only had the extra enhanced intelligence, and that was mostly just to explain Brainiac's temporary allegiance. The story would've worked just as well with post-Crisis power levels and a throwaway line about having had some Russian version of Steel or Cyborg reprogramming him.
>>
>>82032798
>Millar would later go on to sell his story that ended the Superman marriage to Marvel
Bullet dodged.
>>
>>82036264
>Superman needs to be relatable meme
It's alright son, it's not your fault. You're just a brainwashed infant. It's Byrne's fault.
>>
>>82037358
It's not that simple
>>
>>82038213
It's not that he needs to be relatable it's that superman is relatable. There's nothing hard to understand about somebody trying to do the right thing or having to act a certain way. His struggles at there core aren't usually that hard to relate to they're just taken to another level because of who he is.
>>
>>82032418
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>82036371
Close. It was going to be L-Ron voiced by that guy from Chasing Amy. The one who shoots the guy at the comic convention.

Chris Rock was going to play Jimmy though.
>>
>>82032294
>Clark is Max Landis
No, fuck you.
>>
>>82032435
Count Vertigo is a beaut.
>>
>>82032703
His powers have gradually increased since he was a kid, when he could still be injured by bullets. My guess is they'll just continue to power up as long as he's on earth.
>>
>>82032499
>Do I?
>You do.
B E N D I S
>>
>>82032418

How DARE they depict characters differently in different continuities that have no bearing on the main one?! How DARE they try something different with a character who's existed for decades?!

DC WILL HEAR FROM MY LAWYERS.
>>
>>82036264
>Superman being an unrelatable
That's literally the point. Clark is meant to be the relateable one, not Superman.
>>
>>82040308
Jimmy looks more like Max Landis desu
>>
>>82032705
>>82032717
>>82032732

>Tomar "I let a planet that was teeming with advanced life fucking EXPLODE" Re
>>
>>82033175
I think it's the turboautist Damianfag
>>
>>82040616
He's a dense post crisis fag. Don't waste your time.
>>
>>82032499
>WHERE IS JOKERRR?!
I like this guy.
>>
>>82032732
>those last 4 panels
>"to the trash with you"
Also, Clark looks pretty dumb here.
>>
File: panthermail_403forbidden.png (19 KB, 545x281) Image search: [Google]
panthermail_403forbidden.png
19 KB, 545x281
>>82032732
>>
>>82032796
The art here looks pretty awesome.
>>
>>82032771
>>82032777
That's actually pretty sweet.
>>
>>82032810
Sweet Jesus, Shaggy looks like a goddamn hipster.
>>
>>82032276
>>82032294

perfect
>>
>>82032317

I would have thought the cape would hurt his movement more
>>
>>82032418

he's too /fa/ for me
>>
>>82032499

I used the muffled voice from the nolan trilogy here
>>
>>82032705

talk about being at the right place at the right time
>>
>>82032317

I think the implication is that Clark's just learned to deal with it.
>>
>Jimmy Olsen no longer an Irish-American
>"WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS AWAY!!"
Feminists lied. Jimmy Olsen fans cried.

Fuck off, he has fans.
>>
>>82043654
1. It's an out of canon story
2. It's clear that him being black is at best, the second or third biggest departure
>>
>>82032418
Is that Red Mask?
>>
>>82044684

Its cobra comander
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.