[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you, I liked it. It wasn't as good as Daredevil, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1
File: Jessica-Jones-1-1200x674.jpg (160 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
Jessica-Jones-1-1200x674.jpg
160 KB, 1200x674
Fuck you, I liked it.

It wasn't as good as Daredevil, but I still liked it.
>>
Same.
>>
Yeah it was fucking great.

Dragged on too long is the only real complaint I can think of. The conclusion to KillG being trapped in the containment lab felt like it should have been the conclusion or right before the conclusion.
>>
>>81964764
I think it was better than Daredevil.
>>
>>81964808

agreed.

Honestly what the show needed was more procedural shit for like the first 4 episodes and then the rest of the show plays out the way it does.

They need to build up Kilgrave a bit more before using him in episode 1.
>>
>>81964808
All of this.
It was overall pretty good, but it wasn't as tightly plotted as DD season 1.
It meandered and didn't feel like it knew where it was going near the end.
Also, Kilgrave going out like a bitch was disappointing.
>>
>>81965100
>>81964764
I think it kept the Daredevil quality but in a new format/genre.

I didn't mind Kilgrave escaping multiple times because they were all through different means and Jessica being dumb/protective of Hope, which is in character.

Only thing I didn't really love was Luke. He's too calm. Mack from AoS feels more like Luke to me so far, personality-wise. I guess his own show will be different, and that short clip of him was a step in the right direction.
>>
>>81965100
Well you're wrong
>>
Chomping at the bit to watch Iron Fist. Fun fact: Filming starts TODAY.
>>
>>81964764
David Tennant was the only good part and then he kind of just disappears for 90% of the episode in the final 3 and just gets his neck broken in the most mundane way imaginable.

Was just disappointing all in all.
>>
They should have cut it down by five or so episodes and it would have been much better. Or maybe made her work on some cases for the first few episodes before jumping into Kilgrave.
>>
>>81965453
>/co/ in charge of taste and standards
Disgusting.
As it stands JJ is godawful and is the second worst TV series of 2015 and that's only because MTV Scream exists.
>>
>>81965453
Sorry, didn't mean to reply with >>81966022
>>
>>81965453
>David Tennant
>good part
How? Why?
He was bad as the rest of the show.
>>
>>81964764
Yeah, OP. I liked it too, I just didn't Jessica.
>>
It was four episodes too long

Part of the advantages of being Netflix exclusive should be a willingness to divorce yourself from the length requirements of regular television
>>
I don't understand why people compare to Daredevil, it's apples and oranges.

One is an action show, the other is a psychological thriller that's pretty much a metaphor for the recovery process of a rape victim. Did you expect everyone to put their devil suits on and break into a kung-fu fight in the middle of a PTSD flashback?
>>
>>81965600
>adapts canon relationship from the comics
>somehow this makes OP a c.uck
Is everything alright m8?
>>
I can give it like a 6.5/10

I was hoping it would be like Alias, solving a new case in each episode. I don't know what the fuck shit we got instead, but it wasn't what I was expecting
>>
>>81966022
How are you so retarded?

It was good. It was highly rated. Critics liked the acting, viewers liked the characters and the story.

Tennent was AMAZING. Jessica was a little bland. We got tons of fan service, Nuke, Patsy, Luke Cage and the night nurse.

I'm not sure why you hate it? Are you afraid if you like something people will make fun of your likes?
>>
>>81966588
>Did you expect everyone to put their devil suits on and break into a kung-fu fight in the middle of a PTSD flashback?

no

I expected private detective shit
>>
>>81966790
It should have been plenty clear that you weren't getting that after the first 3 episodes then. In fact, noir itself tends to not put much focus in detective work as much as it uses it as a plot device.

It's a pretty interesting show if you examine the themes that are there instead of what there could have been.
>>
>>81966790
I wanted more PI stuff too.

I liked the series but I now have no idea what season 2 will look like.

All Kilgrave all the time was great, b/c he is such an interesting villain. But they didn't let the other characters grow enough.

I'm going to be nervous about the second season of a show I loved the heck out of the first season. That's unusual to say the least.
>>
>>81966753
>MUH CRITICS
Shut up you fucking moron.

>Critics liked the acting, viewers liked the characters and the story.
>Tennent was AMAZING. Jessica was a little bland. We got tons of fan service,
>IT'S GOOD BECAUSE I SAID SO

Yeah, quality arguments.
>I'm not sure why you hate it?
I said thousands of times before.
> Are you afraid if you like something people will make fun of your likes?
Another shitty insult, nice. Do the world a favor and kill yourself.

>>81966958
>he is such an interesting villain
Get some fucking standards.
>>
>>81967113
>IT'S GOOD BECAUSE I SAID SO
Newsflash you fucking prick all taste is subjective. Come back and say that when you can demonstrate the existence of magical objective measures of quality
>>
>>81965448
Nice.
>>
>>81964764

This. It was weird as fuck, and full of great scenes and side characters.
>>
>>81964764
I would have liked it but i have PTSD so after binge watching it I realized I was reliving my bullshit.
>>
>>81967154
Anon
People have sex. They're sometimes of different races, This is not a "statement" about interracial sex, it's just sex. As that another anon said it's faithful to the comics so you can't even say it's SJW pandering.
>>
>>81967212
The sex scenes made me cringe. It was like somebody glued sheets onto Nick's ass so it wouldn't fall off and Jessica didn't even take her clothes off.

What's the point of being brutally ravaged by a big beautiful black man if you can't even see his ass?
>>
>>81967268
I mean I mostly skipped them because I didn't watch the show to see Luke Cage having super-sex with Jewel or Nuke's sexual feats.
>>
>>81967319
Wow look at this pleb not watching shows for fat black ass.
>>
>>81967140
>LE MAD XDDD
Fuck off.
>>81967170
>MUH SUBJECTIVITY
Yes, that's why The Room is unironically a masterpiece. That's why later seasons of Dexter weren't bad. That's why 50 Shades of Grey is an equal to War and Peace.
>>81966588
To call JJ a psychological thriler is an insult to psychological thrillers.
>>
While I get that it was a slow burn, it had some serious pacing issues and I hated how the killed of the antagonist at the end. That being said I did like the show.
>>
>>81967882
Your butthurt is showing.
>>
>>81967882
Do you have a compelling argument to say why nobody could ever say 50 shades of Grey is equal to War and Peace? Mind you, if you just strawman this post by ridiculing that I'm supposedly comparing 50 shades of grey and War and Peace, I'll know you don't have an actual argument.
>>
>>81967179
I wonder when they'll confirm that Arleo Dordar guy as Davos.
>>
Wasn't bad, Killgrave really made the show though.
>>
>>81969783
I wonder how the hell season two will even be a thing without him.
>>
>>81964764
>I liked it.

Good for you?

That just means you like it despite the lack of coherent plot, a middle act hinging on character acting stupid due to being written into a corner, useless filler in the form of multiple side characters who add nothing and are soon forgotten by the end, a character who never grows or changes and overcomes her plot through luck, and laughably bad action scenes. That's okay, those don't have to be a dealbreaker for you. Those don't have to bring down how much you personally enjoyed it, that just means you can look at all those flaws and say "I don't care about this stuff. I just care about ____"

That's completely fine, nobody actually cares if you like it despite that. We'd care if you think others who do find those things important consider it bad on account of failing in those areas, because then you'd be thinking others shouldn't care about those things, but if you like it despite that, good for you.

I love Bad Moon, the werewolf film where the main protagonist is a dog who's defending his family, it's my favorite werewolf flick, but that doesn't mean if someone says "I like An American Werewolf In London more, I think it's just better made, Bad Moon has____ and that's why I don't think it's very good." Or even "This movie is shit because of (Insert legit plot/character complains)", I'm going to get defensive.

Jessica Jones, as a series, was very poorly made, the plot was not well thought out and relied on contrivance and poor choices from even the characters we're not supposed to think are dumb, and the action was badly choreographed. That said, if you liked it despite that? Then you just found something to love, and nobody can take that from you.
>>
>>81967212
>As that another anon said it's faithful to the comics so you can't even say it's SJW pandering.

I see this argument often and I think it´s not really true. They obviously chose Jessica Jones as one of the shows to be made because it fits the subject matter of SJW pandering perfectly, it´s just that this one time they didn´t need to change a pre-existing character or concept and could just straight adapt this one.
Jessica Jones was way too unknown, I mean she doesn´t even have a consistent superhero name. It was only made because it fits 100% the concept that many tumblr users wanted to watch.
>>
>>81970550
The Defenders needed a female superhero series and they didn't have a lot of options. Alias was already an episodic series so there was a lot of material already there to draw from, so who else could they have used?
>>
Yeah. It was good. Kinda wanted to murder Ruben's sister. Luke Cage was awesome.
>>
>>81969879
Honestly, I don't expect it to be very good unless they find another killer villain.

When I think about it, what does that say about the show that the villain is what makes it mostly worth watching?
>>
>>81965211
Yeah, there should have been another case or two before she found out Kilgrave was back, then the Hope case which brings it all to the forefront.
>>
JJ hurt to watch, but not because it was bad. It was really good, actually.

It was painful because the main character is the splitting image of my best friend. All in looks, personality, and in mental issues. Really, the only thing missing was Jessica smoking nonstop.

Seeing her suffer from PTSD induced panic attacks and delusions was especially painful, because I seen it happen to my friend.
>>
>>81973624
>Really, the only thing missing was Jessica smoking nonstop

She smoked like a chimney in the comics but Marvel now has a no smoking policy so they can't show that in the show or comics ever again.
>>
>>81973624
Is your friend named Alyson by any chance?
>>
Trish was best girl.
>>
>>81967113
>Another shitty insult, nice. Do the world a favor and kill yourself.
Why are you so buttblasted, anon?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.