[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE FLASH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: The Flash.jpg (696 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
The Flash.jpg
696 KB, 1920x1200
Would it have been succesful as a movie? I'm talking overall story, tone, setting, character dynamics, etc. Maybe even cast though it's doubtful they'd ever use C-list TV actors in a tentpole blockbuster movie.
>>
I imagine so. The show has been pretty well-received.

And I'd say Gustin, Cavanagh and Martin are more than capable of carrying a movie. And they're the crux of the show, really.
>>
>>81937527
With marketing and a comparable budget, sure. It's not as if it could be anymore terrible than what they're already doing.

Flash in BvS was one of the most laughable moments of that entire movie. There is no knowing just how much they can fuck it up in the actual movie.
>>
>>81938450
I though the whole Flash part in BvS was very cool, as well as unexpected. Really had me hyped up for the future films.
>>
>>81938483
Completely laughable mask.
Stupid machine powered suit being the source of his powers.

Not to mention how what little we saw of his attitude felt like a caricature of Wally. As if regular Wally or Barry weren't good enough.

My hopes aren't high. Especially not if it's going to be the same general tone as Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. They're saying the movies will be lighter, but it just sounds like damage control. It's like the brightest their movies are allowed to get is what's featured in the Suicide Squad trailer with everything else being much worse.
>>
Nah. The overall story only really works for a TV show. You wouldn't be able to get the best parts of Cavanagh's Wells-obard from a 2-2.5 hour long movie.

Another thing is that a lot of the lightness of the show comes from the episodic, case-of-the-week nature to it.

I think the only way to adapt the show to a movie would be by emphasizing aspects of the speedforce. A lot of the sense of wonder comes from aspects of it.

This wouldn't necessarily be the case for ALL Flash movies, though.

>>81938901
The guy who wrote The Lego Batman movie is writing the DCEU Flash movie, off a story from Lord&Miller. I think it's going to be surprisingly fun. L&M's darkest work so far is The Last Man on Earth, which is still a ton of fun.
>>
File: 1430143879681.jpg (341 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1430143879681.jpg
341 KB, 1000x1500
best girl
>>
Nah, what makes the show work is how much time we get with the characters and all the long term development. We wouldn't have moments like Infinite Mass Punch or episodes like Brave and the Bold with a movie
>>
>>81939414
I want caitlin to science my dick
>>
>>81939279
>You wouldn't be able to get the best parts of Cavanagh's Wells-obard from a 2-2.5 hour long movie.

Definitely this. Movie pacing never would have made that work as well. The best part was the slow build.
>>
File: 1460116920739.png (260 KB, 495x434) Image search: [Google]
1460116920739.png
260 KB, 495x434
>>81937527
>Full on Vibe
>Mirror Master
>Solovar and Gorilla City
This shit can't get here fast enough.
>>
>>81941677
>Killer Frost will never kill you from the dick up as you orgasm then freeze to death
>>
>>81938483
Anyone who isn't a comic fan had no idea what the fuck was supposed to be happening. Lots of people thought he was Robin.

Even my little brother who reads plenty of comics was confused since he didn't recognize Ezra Miller
>>
>>81937527
I'd rather Barry not have his posse. Caitlyn and Cisco are cool, But I like a more independent and science savvy Barry.
>>
>>81946174
The medium does not allow for a lonesome Barry.
>>
>>81938901
the mechanical suit was just to travel time, its not the source of his speed powers
>>
>>81937527

No

A movie wouldn't be able to recreate the hype from S1
>>
>>81946225
The initial leak that first gave us information about the mechanical suit way back before any of this, claimed that it was the source of his powers. And that they wouldn't do any of that speedforce stuff, instead doing the suit.

Supposedly, even the stunt he pulls at the convenience store with the camera is thanks to the suit.
>>
>>81939414
>>81941677
cute grill
Bad actress for all parts but where she's being meek and sciency
Her as killer frost was laughable at best
>>
>>81946623
Fuck... if they do this I'm dropping this movie and DC movies in general
>>
>>81946623

You're just talking out of your ass.
>>
>>81947811
I really wish that it's wrong or that they've at the very least changed it. Because it sounds fucking terrible.

But around the time Ezra was first publicly revealed to be the Flash, that's what all the green-text threads said about the suit. Whatever sources they now had.
But since they were correct about the suit to begin with, it would not surprise me if the rest was correct as well.
>>
>>81946623
>>81949224
He literally stops a thief while in plainclothes

Concept art has a normal-looking red suit

A magazine article said the armor was only for time travel
>>
>>81949827
>Concept art has a normal-looking red suit
>A magazine article said the armor was only for time travel
That's encouraging.
>He literally stops a thief while in plainclothes
But this doesn't really mean much. For all we know he could have quickly changed into the suit and back before the camera saw anything.
>>
>>81950532
>But this doesn't really mean much. For all we know he could have quickly changed into the suit and back before the camera saw anything.

Nigga you just played yourself.
>>
File: 12d.jpg (31 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
12d.jpg
31 KB, 567x561
>>81938901
>Stupid machine powered suit being the source of his powers.
>>81950532
>But this doesn't really mean much. For all we know he could have quickly changed into the suit and back before the camera saw anything.
>>
File: tumblr_non7wjaEd21szmjmeo1_500.png (201 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_non7wjaEd21szmjmeo1_500.png
201 KB, 500x259
>>81950532

>Stupid machine powered suit being the source of his powers.

>he could have quickly changed into the suit and back before the camera saw anything.

>being the source of his powers.

>changed into the suit and back before the camera saw anything.
>>
>>81950532

Do you have stage 1 or 2 terminal downs syndrome?
>>
>>81950532

Bruh did you proofread this.
>>
File: shit.gif (528 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
shit.gif
528 KB, 160x160
>>81950532
>claimed that it was the source of his powers.
>claimed that it was the source of his powers.
>he could have quickly changed into the suit and back before the camera saw anything
>>
File: 178384757.jpg (87 KB, 354x485) Image search: [Google]
178384757.jpg
87 KB, 354x485
>>81950532
don't worry anon we all make mistakes
>>
>>81938901
>>81946623
>>81950532
can somebody screencap this for prosperity?
>>
>>81943592
>yone who isn't a comic fan had no idea what the fuck was supposed to be happening. Lots of people thought he was Robin.
He literally had the flash symbol on his costume
>>
>>81938901
>>81950532

Hi plebbitor
>>
>>81943592
Maybe tv's capekino meme is right, when there are actually downies like you living on this planet.

Don't worry you're not alone though. I overheard two kids talk to each why the Avengers didn't appear in Fox's Fantastic 4 movie, and also people who thought Batman and Superman were related because their mothers share the same name.
>>
>>81952945
The Red Letter Media guys said they thought it was Robin. But then I got the feeling from what little I saw of their review that they didn't pay much attention to what was happening on screen.
>>
>>81950532
Good try guy.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.