[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait a fucking minute. What the hell is Infinity Entity? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: Infinity_Entity_1_cover_c.jpg (198 KB, 575x873) Image search: [Google]
Infinity_Entity_1_cover_c.jpg
198 KB, 575x873
Wait a fucking minute. What the hell is Infinity Entity? What the hell is Infinity Finale?

Are they any good?
>>
Do you like the rest of Starlin's Thanos/Warlock work?

If so, yes
If not, no
>>
>>81936656
Fuck yes.
>>
>>81936524
The last two parts of the Starlin Thanos/Warlock stories that he's been telling for 2 years now. Pic related.
>>
>>81937493
Are these sequels to Infinity Abyss?
>>
>>81937587
They were meant to be a new Infinity trilogy, but then it turned into way more than a trilogy. The reading order is:
>Thanos Annual #1 (one-shot)
>Infinity Revelation (OGN)
>Thanos vs. Hulk (mini)
>Infinity Relativity (OGN)
>Infinity Entity (mini)
>Infinity Finale (OGN)

Infinity Finale just came out last week.
>>
>>81937493
Last two or latest two?
>>
>>81937587
Yes.
Thanos Quest
Infinity Guantlet
Infinity War
Infinity Crusade
Infinity Abyss
Marvel Universe: The End
Thanos vol.1
The Thanos Imperative
Thanos Annual
Thanos vs Hulk
Infinity Revelation
Infinity Relativity
Infinity Entity
Infinity Finale
>>
>>81937704
Last two.
>>
>>81937688
Why is Marvel Wikia saying Liefeld's Bad Blood is continuation.
>>
>>81937719
>randomly including Thanos Imperative

Not Starlin, not part of this set of books
>>
>>81938211
True, but it explains what happened to Thanos and Warlock between Thanos vol.1 and Infinity Revelation
>>
>>81938251
You can either not include it, or include it but also include Thanos vol 2 and Annihilation
>>
>>81938328
Well, I didn't add Starlin's Silver Surfer and Infinity Watch, either.

You are probably right.
>>
>>81937688
>>81937719

To be fair, a lot of this new phase of Starlin is aftermath/epilogue to the story Hickman just told. Starlin's a team player after all.
>>
>>81938328
>>81938401

Plus the Hickman stuff is referenced.
>>
>>81938417
Actually, it's set before Original Sin except the epilogue which is set after Secret Wars

Then again, time is messed up.
>>
>>81938417
>Starlin's a team player after all.
Too bad everyone else is just going to ignore his stuff,
>>
>>81937719

Is this the right read order for this last round of Infinity stories? I saw Marvel has only just collected the Annual with Entity. That seems fucked.

Also nice deluxe hardcover with all five acts and Annual when?
>>
>>81938489
It's still after Infinity
>>
>>81938515
The collected the annual earlier with Thanos: A God Up There Is Listening, a story by Rob Williams mostly about Thane
>>
>>81938489

Wait, what part is the Epilogue? Just Finale, or part of Finale?
>>
>>81938503
Ewing will reference it, he's a continuity nut.
>>
>>81938553

What? It's in with Entity too. Did it even have anything to do with AGUT? Or was it just a part of the Annual?
>>
>>81938553
>Thane
His inhuman son?
>>
>>81938568
The last part of Finale, it shows the ANAD Marvel Universe, while everything else did show the pre-Original Sin universe
>>
>>81938646
No, they just put it in the collection because it was released around the same time
>>
>>81938690

Oh, just the normal when the Avengers show up to help, it was the newer roster?
>>
>>81938727

Was that series even any good? It's the only Thanos story not really on my radar.
>>
>>81938744
Nope, the new roster appears only at the end.

>>81938784
it wasn't properly BAD as much as "all of that has no importance whatsoever"
>>
>>81938784
It wasn't Thanos Rising, but it wasn't good either
>>
>>81938913

So if for some reason you actually liked Thane, it's worth a read, but not for a "traditional" Thanos fan?
>>
>>81938937

Why did you remind me of that?

How could it have been so awful? Why?
>>
>>81938959
Yes it was a good Thane story, except I think everything about it was completely ignored in Thane's successive appearance in Black Vortex
>>
>>81938980
Dunno, for spite?

It made no sense whatsoever given Thanos's established history
>>
>>81938999

Fucking Bendis
>>
>>81939042
As usual.
>>
>>81939036

I don't even remember what was wrong with it, I just recall it being off. Very very off.
>>
>>81939090
Well, it did portray the Titan society the complete OPPOSITE it always has been(basically removing Starfox's reason for leaving) and had Thanos actively hallucinating Death in the most stupid possible way and suggesting he has NEVER seen Death.

Also, Death was completely out of character.
>>
>>81939166

Right yeah. It implied he was just imagining her, and that his own imaginary version of her was toying with him. So many levels of stupid.
>>
>>81937719
That's a great list, but has an odd starting point.

If you truly want to understand the full arc of Starlin's Thanos, his obsession with Death, and his flirtations with godhood, I'd suggest reading the following:

Starlin's Warlock (Strange Tales 172-179ish and Warlock 9-12) for the reinvention of Adam Warlock, the start of his rivalry with Thanos, introduction of the Soul (Infinity) Gem, and the introduction of Magus.

Avengers Annual # 7 and Marvel-two-in-one annual # 2 for Thanos attacking the Earth with a soul gem, The death of Thanos, and the Death of Adam Warlock.

Silver Surfer 34-50 for the revival of Thanos, the start of his infinity hunt, and the true seeds of his next twenty years of story potential.

Then you can read the rest of that list as presented and get all the easter eggs, callbacks, and story threads.

Also, if you're going to include The Thanos Imperative, you might as well include Infinity because it has just about the same weight to the character.
>>
>>81939464
>Also, if you're going to include The Thanos Imperative, you might as well include Infinity because it has just about the same weight to the character.
Not as far as Infinity Revelation is concerned.
Else one would need New Avengers to explain how he did get free from the Infinity events
>>
>>81939464

No Life and Death of Captain Marvel?
>>
>>81939518
In IR, before Thanos attacks the badoon, he hs Outriders hanging out in his ship. Further, in IF, Corvis Glade gets a cameo and a name check.

What I meant was, it's totally not important, but if you want to know the whole story, you ought to check out Infinity.

>>81939843

I left off the Death of Capt Marvel cause Thanos only shows up at the end to usher Mar over the mortal threshold and it doesn't really add much to his overall story.
>>
>>81940132

Yeah but Life Of was the first appearance of Drax, Thanos, Moondragon, etc.
>>
>>81940242
Incorrect.

Are you talking about the trade or the OGN?

Cause that OGN was only a cancer-ridden Capt. Marvel and lots of tears. While that trade (or at least mine) is all about Mar getting his cosmic awareness.

Further, Thanos' first appearance was in a random Iron Man issue, Drax I believe was during that Strange Tales run I mentioned, and Moondragon I honestly have no idea.
>>
>>81940475

Those stories are all collected in the Life part of Life and Death, which is issues and then the OGN.

Currently they're collected in Avengers vs Thanos, which is an expansion on the old Life part of the trade with more Moondragon, and the Starlin Warlock issues which have Thanos.

So curiously, for the best experience, you read Avengers vs. Thanos up until the Warlock issues, put it down and read Starlin's Warlock, and then read the current Death of trade.
>>
>>81940671

(Oh and that Logan's Run story is in AvT in the Warlock section, so you should go back to check that out too. GG Marvel)
>>
>>81940671
One big problem with AvT is that it misses all the Warlock issues without Thanos, so the whole story lacks much of the context of the Magus.
>>
>>81940843

Exactly why I recommend puttong it down for the Warlock trade at that point. The Warlock trade has every issue after you see a Warlock cover, sans that Logan's Run short.
>>
>>81940915
Oh wow, I managed to completely ignore that part of the sentence, my bad.
>>
>>81940671
That is confusing.

I'm holding out hope that Marvel will do a Starlin Thanos Omnibus, reprinting all that shit in order in a single volume, as we get closer to Infinity War.
>>
>>81941143

I doubt it. The AvT trade, the original Rocket and Groot trade, and the original Starlord trade are in an omnibus called something like "Before Guardians" or something. Think it had other stuff too. But the non Thanos Warlock bits were missing.
>>
>>81941143
Mostly, they need to reprint Starlin's Silver Surfer and Infinity Watch.
Everything else is in the Cap Marvel and Warlock omnibuses, as well the Infinity [insert] trades
>>
File: Death.jpg (648 KB, 950x1405) Image search: [Google]
Death.jpg
648 KB, 950x1405
>>81940132
Life of Captain Marvel should definitely be included. It includes the first appearance in Invincible Iron Man #55, plus a lot of stuff about Titan, him getting the cosmic cube for the first time, his relationship with Death, etc.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Life_of_Captain_Marvel_Vol_1
>>
>>81941493

His Surfer is all in the Gauntlet omnibus and Aftermath.

His Watch is now reprinted in two volumes. BUT. The first volume is useless, as all of it is in Gauntlet Aftermath, Infinity War, War Aftermath, and Infinity Ceusade trades.
>>
>>81941507

Life Of is now Avengers vs Thanos expanded with a few Daredevul issues that tell Moondragon's story.
>>
>>81941665
good to know, thank you
>>
>>81941507
Also, Death speaking to Thanos says all about how shitty Rising was
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.