[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
uh, guys, the progress bar seems to be stuck at 83%, and it has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: team4star.jpg (20 KB, 313x301) Image search: [Google]
team4star.jpg
20 KB, 313x301
uh, guys, the progress bar seems to be stuck at 83%, and it has been for some time..
>>
People discuss tfs on /co/ ? Literally never seen this
>>
File: vegeta9.jpg (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
vegeta9.jpg
21 KB, 320x240
>>81927693
oh, right, fine, sure, i'll take it over to /pol/, shall i?
>>
That'll happen.

They're doing a movie now right? World's Strongest?
>>
>>81927829
I'm not telling you to leave, I'm just surprised.
>>
>>81928072
Yeah, kind bugs me tho, since broly would technically be the next thing cronologically
>>
>>81928072

Interesting. They actually did one way before they started on the show. It'll be cool to compare the two.
>>
>>81928147
yeah but kaiserneko hates broly
>>
>>81927829
No, take it to /a/.
>>
>>81928147
Well, considering they did that movie before TFS was actually TFS, it's a 2 million subscriber special. Like how Dead Zone was one as well, I think.
>>
File: 10.jpg (46 KB, 373x290) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
46 KB, 373x290
I've seen it at this for a week or two. Especially terrible when the episode sucks, like the last episode.
>>
>>81928072
I thought they already did World's Strongest. I swear I remember jokes from it.

If they are doing a movie I hope it's Broly.
>>
File: Mr_Popo_doesn't_torture_cats.jpg (29 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
Mr_Popo_doesn't_torture_cats.jpg
29 KB, 640x352
>>81928101
please, there isn't anywhere else to go! /a/ would complain the voice actors are too western, /tv/ has even more capeshit than /co/ AS WELL AS cunnyfags, baneposters and at least four Dr Who generals which reduce the status of the forum to a hebephrenic circle-jerk of autistic neckbeards inventing baby-talk-level jargon daily to keep out the normies while arguing over insanely pointless trivia like which companion looked best in tight leotards.

/b/ is having a pedo purge right now, and if i accidentally posted a pic of Chaotsu there i might get a visit from the party van.
>>
>>81928342
So I looked it up now that you mention, and they did.
Kind of.
"TFS" never did it, but the same guys basically made an abridged version of it along with Dead Zone before TFS became a thing, and it doesn't count as part of their "canon".

This is all I managed to find of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OtGtyv0FVc
>>
>>81928448
yeah but vegeta9669 or whatever, was part of the group that did deadzone and worlds strongest and kaiserneko hated that guy so he wants to make tfsabridged more in tune with what he wants.
>>
>>81927646
does t4s have a kickstarter or something?
>>
>>81928650
Admirably no. They rake in cash from those tepid "let's plays" though which is them playing the system instead of abusing their fans.
>>
>>81928650
>>81928681
Not sure what to tell you.
https://www.patreon.com/tfs?ty=h
>>
>>81928863
Why is that bad?
>>
>>81929081
Did I say it was bad?

I'm just pointing out that them having nothing is false.
>>
They're too busy doing a LeafGreen Nuzlocke.

Which is fucking hilarious so far.
>>
>>81927829
I'd say take it to /a/, but they're pretty hit or miss with TFS.
>>
Yeah, the episodes can stay in editing for a while.

Also, if they used my idea for a framing device (Master Roshi tells the story, which can be used as an explanation for any inconsistencies) without putting me in the credits, I'm gonna be cross.
>>
>>81928306
They've been going downhill since the Androids arc started. I get the feeling they're probably tired of working on this. It's been at least seven years now.

>>81929560
They've kept insisting that their let's plays aren't doing anything to impede the progress of the episodes. I have no idea how true that actually is though.
>>
>>81930178
Well, Kaiser does all the heavy lifting (as in, writing/editing), and he's barely ever in them.
Really it could only realistically impede Lani, since he's a "co-writer" (which can mean as little as "he throws in some jokes once in a while") and is voicing half the characters, especially since the playthroughs have a dedicated editor now.
>>
>>81928194

GOOD. Broly a shit.
>>
>>81930178

nigger what the fuck are you talking about? the series is better than it's ever been.

Or is there not enough meme humor for you? XD are you a yoshi?
>>
>>81930644
>Or is there not enough meme humor for you?
Maybe that's it. I don't know.

It just feels like there's been less jokes overall and that they aren't as funny. Like it's more just a shorter version of the series than an parody of it.
>>
>>81930178
The android saga did have a few misses, but I've found Cell to be great so far. As someone who grew up on the series, I really like it when they find that balance of poking fun at but also honoring the show.

Also I can't stand their let's plays there's just way to much lani shouting all the time.
>>
>>81930644
Watching YGOTAS must be so weird now.
He used tons of memes that were already outdated in his earlier episodes.
>>
>>81928072

Lani and Masako already did World's Strongest with Vegeta3986 as Neighborhood Cluck Productions. I guess Kaiser wants in on it

>remembering Yu Yu Hakusho and Naruto Abridged
>never finished
>Not even YYHA
>>
>>81931109
Yeah it hasn't aged well at all..it's all to much pointing at things in a 4th wall breaking way
>We both know I won't believe in the heart of the cards until the final episode

TFS does a great job of keeping their jokes in-universe.
>>
While we're on the subject on let's plays... Should I give One Piece a shot? I obviously can't ask /a/ what they think.
>>
>>81931373
>Let's Play One piece
What?
>>
>>81931118
I'm sure Kaiser strong-armed to get World's Strongest in the number 2 spot for their movie and specials list.
>>
>>81931509
Pirate Warriors 3.
>>
>>81931334
>>81931109
YGOTAS was ruined the moment LittleKuriboh saw Aqua Teen Hunger Force and decided it was the funniest thing in human history.
>>
>>81931590
I feel like losing all interest in finishing it to talk about depression and wrestling hurt it a lot more.
He was 1 or 2 episodes away from finishing Battle City and dropped it for like 2 years. He should have at least finished that before giving up on it
>>
>>81931373
Read till the end of the fishman arc or at least the Buggy one, if you don't like it at that point it probably is not for you.
>>
>>81930644
Some episodes are still strong but I want to see you attempt to name one good joke in the last ep.
>>
>>81931855
Wouldn't call it much of a joke, but Perfect Cell fucking with Vegeta was great.
I really liked "It takes a big man, not necessarily a tall one, to do what you did!"
>>
>>81931855
>>81931970
Yeah, there's a subtle humor in the way the dialog is a little bit less stiff. Like cell reacting to the final flash
>dub
"What's this?"
>dbza
"Aww that's cute he named-OHSHIT"
>>
>>81929560
that series is nearly finished, they are getting close to every trainer having a Graveler with explode.
>>
>>81931855
Vegeta getting BTFO was pretty hilarious
>next time, why don't you remember your place like the rest of them
>and wait for Goku
>>
>>81931373

It's long as shit but pretty good. If you can handle the length, I recommend it, but you might wanna try it in moderation.
>>
>>81931970
>>81932126
The trash talk is usually garbage, unless Freeza's involved. I like the clever lines.

>Looks like he's flying off to Kami... Or whatever else is in that direction, could be a lot of things really
>>
>>81928609
>kaiserneko hated that guy

That's the first I heard about this. I just thought he wanted to do it better because it's his favorite. And if it's on the same par as their first Dead Zone movie, it's probably a good idea. I went back to it for some nostalgia and it's nowhere near as good as I remember.
>>
>>81932309
I still like it, but I'll admit freeza was the king of that.
>>
>>81927646
I've never really liked the abridging trend but DBZ is one of the few I actually enjoy. Hellsing is good too. (Although the last 2 episodes have been weak, but I blame that on a lack of Alucard.)
>>
>>81934161
Are you me? Guess it's not a matter of taste after all, it all comes down to quality.
>>
>>81929217
Honestly, I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T have a Patreon - having one is pretty much de rigeur on the internet these days
>>
>>81929719

Don't you mean nettled?
>>
>>81929719
>Master Roshi tells the story, which can be used as an explanation for any inconsistencies
Except they already did that with Goku in the Bardock special
>>
>>81931855
I liked Trunks' delivery with Vegeta's Final Flash.
>Father, your pride isn't worth destroying the planet, COME ON

And Cell in general has been a treat.
>>
>>81936744
And Dead Zone was Krillin pitching a movie concept to Nappa. With stories that don't fit with what's happening in the series at the time, they have to come up with some half-assed way to excuse it. This is the one I suggested.
Also, since Oolong is a frequent squatter at Kame House/a "crewman" on USS M'Dick (because it could be told by Android Future Roshi) and also a character in the movie, he could call him out on his bullshit.

I'm just saiyan, if that's how they do it, now I have some proof and witnesses that I came up with that.
>>
>>81930178
I find perfect cell to be pretty boring so far, though I loved the banter earlier on in the arc with vegeta and the androids.
>>
>>81930178
>They've been going downhill since the Androids arc started. I get the feeling they're probably tired of working on this. It's been at least seven years now.

The last couple years it seems like it has been a lot less about the humor, and more about figuring out how to condense 20 episodes into an 8 minute video.

Sometimes it is barely about the humor anymore, and more like, literally just condensing the show into a couple minutes.
>>
>>81931757
To be fair to him, I would give up too the moment I realized I'd have to actually watch Waking the Dragons again.
>>
>>81937146
>I'm just saiyan, if that's how they do it, now I have some proof and witnesses that I came up with that.
ok, but you also have no proof that you came up with it first
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.