[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anybody actually watch this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: Header.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Header.png
2 MB, 1600x900
Did anybody actually watch this
>>
>>81915275
I'm sure a couple people went so they could say how awful it was.

I refused to give any time or money to this abomination though.
>>
>>81915275

pirated it.

somehow i still felt ripped off. it ain't good.
>>
I don't watch non-MCU superhero films.
>>
Saw it in theater, pretty fair for the first 30ish, then it goes right to shit.
>>
>>81915275
I wish Fox would've just sold the F4 back to Marvel ffs
>>
>>81915275
I saw like 40 minutes of it. I mean, it wasn't bad
>>
>>81915275
i actually went with some friends and didnt have anything better to see and holy shit was awful
>>
>>81915275
I did. It was depressing. Seriously it was depressing as fuck.
It actually starts off okay. In fact a good bit of it is not bad. But as the movie goes on it just gets worse and worse and worse and worse. And then the third act hits that was almost entirely done in reshoots (according to bad wig sue) and it goes from worse to nonsensical shit.

Like I got what trank was trying to do. He was trying to take the concept of fantastic four and turn it into kind of a dark cronenbergian body horror film. And no matter what it had no chance of being a good fantastic four movie with that idea...but because of the meddling it was so SO much worse.
>>
The only reason I know about it was because of that small shitstorm where /co/ somehow believed Fox would sell the rights back due to this movie Tranking hard.
>>
I did.

It was only slightly worse than Batman v Superman.
>>
>>81915275

I've watch it. The story at the beginning is a bit interesting but in the middle of the story is when everything goes to shit.
>>
>>81915344
This. It taught me the true meaning behind the phrase "insult to intelligence," because there were a couple of times that I was actually offended at the staggering lack of logic that went into the screenplay.
>>
The first hour is slow but it's fine, then turns to shit the moment it goes 'a few months later' or some shit. In the trailer it seems that Reed goes back to Doom by creating his own machine, then coming back to warn the others. But the whole thing got edited out. The ending fight was fucking bad.

First half looks like Trank directed before he got high on drugs. The rest was apparently ghost directed by someone else. Screenwriters salvaged what they could and spit this shit out so Fox could keep the rights for another x years.

Marvel doesn't need F4 for IW, although it would be additional fan service if they could. So maybe we will see F4 go back to Marvel within the next 2 decades, after Fox fails another reboot.
>>
>>81916038
>Marvel doesn't need F4 for IW
For me my hope is that IW2 happens around whenever marvel can (godwilling) get the rights to f4 back (assuming fox doesnt continue trying to hold on to them for further movie failures) only so we can get an end credits scene that shows some interdimensions space craft winking back into our reality with the implication that the fantastic four have been warped out of time and space since the accident that created them some time ago.

Just set up the next movies with the idea that the fantastic four will be the cornerstone of the mcu going forward.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 900x613) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 900x613
How come the best fantastic 4 was a ripoff of the fantastic 4?
>>
>>81915275
Are you insinuating that I would complain about a movie I didn't watch?
>>
I saw like the first half at the drive-ins with my girlfriend, but we both really found it shitty and were paying more attention to each other than the movie, so we fucked in the back seat until the movie was over.

Funny thing is, a few weeks ago that movie popped into my head and I had to Google what Dr. Doom looked like in that movie because I realized I never got to see him.

Not a huge fan but it was a good lay that night so I can only complain so much
>>
HOL UP
>>
>>81915275
I pirated it as soon as I could. Once the word got out over just how terrible it really was, I knew I had to see it for myself.

If you're like me and can have fun watching terrible movies, you'll have a fucking blast. It has to be seen to be believed.
>>
>>81915316
I'm waiting until it is on FX or something before I see it.
>>
>>81920875
Wrong movie, shithead.
>>
>>81915275
I did, with some friends and a few beers.

Let me put it this way; I paid full price for Batman V Superman. Thought it was a bad film, but it feels like they fucking tried. I didn't feel like I wasted my money.

With Fan4stic, I honestly felt like they owed me something for the time I spent watching it. Insultingly bad film. Not even good for watching with friends and mocking. It's a big, grey turd of a film, completely lacking in both heart and intelligence.

Even the fucking soundtrack was forgettable, which is a travesty considering they somehow got Philip fucking Glass behind it.
>>
>>81916446
Source?
>>
>>81919562
>so we fucked in the back seat until the movie was over

Should have got her pregnant.

Then, whenever the child was acting out, you could tell them 'we could have had you aborted, but when we made you we saw what an abortion looks like and decided against it'.
>>
Opening night with a huge group of dudes, half (maybe more than half) expecting it to suck.

It was bad, but at least the shit talk session in the parking lot was fun.
>>
It was interesting to see a movie made entirely out of spite.
>>
>>81921404
Was anyone's career who was in this thing not ruined?
>>
>>81922766
the actors got out of it okay
>>
Was it worse than the other two?
>>
>>81915275
What a comedy movie. I'm totally have a blast, laughing it all the way.

That must be some shitty school, when you are basically only have one Science Teacher from grade school to high school. Also, that science teacher is so basic.
>>
>>81922833
I liked the first one, but I was young so I think I was just being retarded.
>>
File: 1412845378377.jpg (11 KB, 234x317) Image search: [Google]
1412845378377.jpg
11 KB, 234x317
>>81921013
>Philip Glass
>>
>>81922783
I thought the guys who played Reed and Johnny were brought onto F4 because they were friends of Trank.
>>
File: Jessica Alba.webm (1 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Jessica Alba.webm
1 MB, 1280x544
>>81922833
Vastly worse in at least one respect.
>>
>>81916446
S-source
>>
>>81915275
I liked the prologue.

That is all.
>>
>>81922926
I have no idea how they got him either
>>
>>81922969
There's only one other page of this comic. It's not worth checking out in the slightest.
>>
>>81922946
>>81922833

Vastly worse in more than ways than one.

Based Johnny Storm, better Reed Richards, Michael Chicklis as The Thing (even with rubber suit) on the previous two.
>>
I watched half of the movie and then I turned it off.

It's really that bad.
>>
>>81922833
In most people's opinions, yes. At least the other two knew what they wanted to be - goofy, lighthearted movies about people who get superpowers and then fight a man with a metal face. They're not very successful on most fronts, and they're hideously generic as a whole, but you can see an attempt being made, especially since the superhero genre hadn't really refined itself by that point.

That's part of why the Trank film gets so much hate - it feels like they learned absolutely nothing, and forgot quite a lot.
>>
>>81922946

At least in the Tim Story ones Sue went with them on the trip.

Tranktastic had Sue sitting back at home base and got with with a fucking magic fart cloud when the portal opened back up. He literally cut one of the Fantastic Four out of the exploration for no fucking reason at all.
>>
>>81923023

*got hit with a
>>
How do you un-JUST the Fam4?
>>
>>81915362
As a Marvel-drone, I cringed reading this.
>>
>>81922833

You could change nothing about the first two FF films and out them in the MCU. Extra 25% on RT and 200 mil at the BO
>>
>>81923035
Kill every hack working in Hollywood
>>
>>81923051
Except Doom. I don't demand that he be the techno-sorcerer autocrat of Eastern Europe, but there's a certain gravitas to the guy that was just entirely absent from the Story F4 Doom.
>>
>>81923051
Well, besides the Human Torch being related to Captain America.
>>
>>81923081

Just say he's the illegitimate grandson from one of the chorus girls he fucked
>>
Why does Reed look like he just finished college?
>>
>>81923051

>this shit again

Yes anon, the big Disney conspiracy is single-handedly ruining the human standards for film, the end is nigh, etc

Literally nothing happens in that first movie. You could fall asleep after they get hit with radiation and wake up for the 70-seconds final fight and miss nothing of value, it's 2 hours of white noise.
>>
>>81923093
Cap is pure, you take that back now
>>
>>81923097

So it's like Thor
>>
>>81923121

Watch the first film montage. It's heavily implied he fucked at least the blonde
>>
>>81923158

Thor has a a character arc and a plot.

F4 has neither.
>>
>>81923167
I watched it a few minutes ago, didn't he just kiss her and then Peg got jealous?
>>
>>81923185

You just watched it. You tell me
>>
>>81923195
Sorry
>>
File: Dr. Doom34.jpg (882 KB, 2072x2884) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Doom34.jpg
882 KB, 2072x2884
>>81923074
>I don't demand that he be the techno-sorcerer autocrat of Eastern Europe
I do. The tendency with super powered Doom is to have him go toe-to-toe with the FF himself when it would be much more interesting if he used traps, minions, robots, and weapons before you get to the madman in the armor. I guess it would be fine to leave out the magic.
>>
>>81923023
I totally agree. And Ben got to go along for no better reason than "muh high school buddy!"
>>
>>81915275
I watched the trailers then I watched the videos tearing it apart because I never had the slightest urge to go see this.
>>
>>81923363
Why can't they manage this right? Stop treating the Fantastic 4 like super heroes and children.

They're explorers and adventurers and a family unit. They're not children.

Just by having Mr Fantastic by a grown ass, older and proven man, with authority and pull, you fix nearly every fucking problem in the god damn movie. Same with Susan. Make her a woman. None of this I I I LIKE YOU B-BUT I DONT LIKE YOU AND fuck that shit.

Ben and Johnny being adults with actual skills and reasons to be there.

Have them exploring strange new worlds, other planes or reality and dimensions, going on Fantastic 4 space ship rides to other planets. Mix it all up with family drama. That's the fantastic 4.

They're not Iron Man. They're not Ant Man. They're not god damn wonder woman or superman.

Scientists, explorers, adventurers, and other such words that should come to mind along with family. The super powers are just there to allow them to survive the fantastic situations that they get put in.
>>
File: vince.jpg (51 KB, 465x512) Image search: [Google]
vince.jpg
51 KB, 465x512
>>81924700

>we could have gotten a Peyton Reed Fantastic 4 movie with science and aliens and live-action Kirby dots

>instead we got Tim "Cry Pretty Jessica" Story
>>
File: FANFOUR2014013-DC11-5299e.jpg (349 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
FANFOUR2014013-DC11-5299e.jpg
349 KB, 900x1366
>>81915275
Pirated it and got caught. They had to pay ME.
>"You didn't actually watch the whole thing did you Anon? Oh shit triple damages..."
I honestly don't understand. Why is it so hard for them to put pic related up on the screen? What exactly is the problem?
>>
>>81915275
Doom wasn't done well, little motivation, terrible designs, underwhelming final fight and ending.

I would have done the movie like this:
>movie is set in 1960's New York (space-race) or modern day New York (inter-dimensional travel)
>Reed Richards and his girlfriend Sue Storm and her brother Johnny are working on a rocket for the US government
>the US government is afraid they will lose the space-race/inter dimensional race to rival country Latveria, so they send US official Ben Grimm, a friend of Reed Richards and fairly involved with the whole project over to Latveria
>Ben sabotages Latveria's machine, causing it to explode, injuring Dr Victor Von Doom, who went to the same university as Richards
>The USA's rocket/machine is finished and the government tell the team (Reed, Sue and Johnny) to take Ben Grimm along as a thank you for him sabotaging the enemy
>while the crew is celebrating on the ship, Ben reveals to them that he sabotaged Latveria's work, causing a heated argument with Reed
>due to the fighting, they don't notice the cosmic radiation heading for the ship and are hit by it
>they crash land back on Earth and discover they are beginning to develop powers
>Doom has been badly injured by Ben's sabotage, with severe internal injuries and a small scar on his face which he is more angry about than his other injuries
>he is told he is not going to live so he is approached by some friends of his mothers who believe they can keep him alive through magic etc.
>he dons the metal suit partially as life-support and also as traditional Latverian armor, he puts on the mask while it is still hot and, because of his impatience, burns his face
>Doom had become a figure of inspiration for the people of Latveria after surviving against the odds, also because he is a leading scientist
>the cloak/hood he wears is due to his high status in Latveria
>Doom discovers his equipment was sabotaged and he suspects rival country the USA is responsible
cont.
>>
>>81924950
>the Fantastic Four have control over their powers now and are working with the government
>Doom launches an attack on America, and the government assigns the Fantastic Four to stop him
>Doom uses tech based weapons, as well as magic and augmented abilities due to his suit
>Reed recognises Doom and vice versa, both dislike each other
>eventually, the Fantastic Four defeat Dr Doom and Latveria's forces retreat/are defeated by the US army
>Flash forward an undisclosed period of time'
>Reed is working on new inventions, has forgiven Ben for the sabotage and has married Sue
>>
>>81924944
>having Johnny not have his powers for the entire movie
>having Franklin, Val and Future Foundation in debut movie
>having Ben be imprisoned/Franklin's dream-world/Sleepwalker/Future Foundation and Jim Hammond all in one movie
I thought it was a great story but maybe it'd be a better sequel
>>
>>81923158

The Thor movies were mediocre but weren't inherently flawed the way Trank's FF was.

I don't blame the guy for wanting to do some superhero body horror movie. Doing it with the FF property was a complete mismatch. Marvel's first family should be telling wondrous stories, full of SCIENCE!, imagination... the Fantastic. Even if Trank's movie weren't also a trainwreck its fundamental premise was flawed to the point in making this project unviable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the Thor movies. In a way their failure is even worse, being so close-to-concept and yet still failing to deliver. Like watching a perfect spiral deliver itself into the arms of a receiver and it bounce out of his hands for no discernible reason. FF on the other hand was an entire game of bad play calling, poor sportsmanship penalties, and running into the opponent's endzone. T
>>
>>81922993
>Michael Chicklis as The Thing (even with rubber suit) on the previous two.

The only thing that movie got right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3SDZ9Gz-KE
>>
>>81924950

Honestly, I don't see an FF movie *without* it being a 1960s period piece.

Its part of why I feel the comic has lost its way over the decades, its detached from its roots.

(Green Lantern, in a similar vein, should be a space-race period piece as well. Hal = Chuck Yeager, he just does)
>>
>>81921015
>>81922969
Just look up Jay-Marvel / 5ifty
>>
>>81922969
Jay marvel he does good work
>>
>>81919562
>Funny thing is, a few weeks ago that movie popped into my head and I had to Google what Dr. Doom looked like in that movie because I realized I never got to see him.

I don't think you missed much.
>>
>>81915594
There were also some people that kept insisting Fox would contiinue Trank's Fantastic Four instead of rebooting, too.
>>
>>81915275
Would Trank have done better with a Doom Patrol movie?
>>
>>81915275
I watched it as date fodder (girl I was with at the time suggested we could joke about how bad it was). It wasn't very good, surprisingly. You could kinda see some neat ideas were there, but very few of them were actually implemented.

I liked their portrayal of Doom, although I wouldn't really call him Doom. Cool villain, though.
>>
>>81923051
Tone-wise, this is true. It's campy enough without being too silly. The characters are too simple though. Johnny and Ben were fine, but the other two should've had an arc. Make Reed+Sue a functional couple instead of the weird will-they-won't-they. Married stable couple is the way to do them right.

They'd have to change the characters to make them feel more like people and less like actors, and replace Sue with someone over 30 at least and cast a different Chris for Johnny. CGI the thing but keep Chiklis, if only to make him taller and larger.

Fix Doom and Put Galactus in a throne in the middle of his hurricane an show his scuffle with Silver Surfer and not just him disappearing into the hole.

They got a surprising number of things right, honestly.
>>
>>81931133
You might as well call him TETSUUUOOO instead.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.