[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DCEU speculation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: NEFnlOmpvXAQJJ_2_b.jpg (61 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NEFnlOmpvXAQJJ_2_b.jpg
61 KB, 600x316
Guys, the more I think about BvS the more upset I get. I'm sure other directors will put out good to great movies in this universe but I'm baffled at the decisions that were deemed acceptable in BvS. Now this isn't a complete BvS defending or bitching thread, but rather a DCEU thread. Still there are some now canon things in the cinematic universe that really should not have happened.

>Jimmy Olsen shot in the head for giggles
>Psycho Lex just letting Mercy Graves die for literally no reason
>Clark Kent is presumed dead so even when Superman comes back we wont get status Que (for how little we had it)
>Psycho Lex knows both Superman and Batman's identities while in jail
>Superman dead, while still a figure of extreme controversy who never got the chance to explain his case properly

Sure I'm interested in the Darksied/Injustice stuff they're setting up but I feel that the cost may have been too great. Do you think the DCEU is salvageable as is or do you want/expect a sort of Flash level rebooting of events? How much will Suicide Squad factor into the events of the greater Cinematic Universe? Will Ben Affleck's Batman movie be a complete prequel or have scenes of both past&present?
>>
>>81909006
>Sure I'm interested in the Darksied/Injustice stuff they're setting up but I feel that the cost may have been too great.

They're not setting you up for a big grey dude in a purple skant. Be aware of that.

>Do you think the DCEU is salvageable as is

Ehhhhh that's really more of a money question than a quality question. It may have fallen heavily again this weekend; more heavily than it can survive? I don't know. The overseas is likely to be very little at this point as well, so there's a slim possibility it's basically done. Most movies make another 5% of what they already have at 4 weeks; this one might not even make that.

So it may or may not be salvageable.

>do you want/expect a sort of Flash level rebooting of events?

Do you mean a reboot, or an in-continuity reboot? Because those are death. Yeah, I know X-Men did it; but X-Men hasn't proven it can continue making money without Jennifer Lawrence and Hugh Jackman yet. You know what else did it? Superman Returns. Just straight up ignored the two previous movies and told an entirely different shitty story. It's possibly the weakest of the old Superman movies, and we're talking weaker than IV, the one with a literally solar-powered Lex/Supes clone who falls down immediately in darkness.

>How much will Suicide Squad factor into the events of the greater Cinematic Universe?

There's no way to know at this stage.

>Will Ben Affleck's Batman movie be a complete prequel or have scenes of both past&present?

While again there's really no way to know, the chances of it being a prequel set significantly far in the past are slim, because there's only so much vaseline you can put on a lens these days before the HD crowd abandons you.
>>
File: Death of Superman.jpg (11 KB, 156x242) Image search: [Google]
Death of Superman.jpg
11 KB, 156x242
>>81909006
>Guys, the more I think about BvS the more upset I get.
Me too, anon

Me too.
>>
>>81909006
>Psycho Lex just letting Mercy Graves die for literally no reason

Lex is an utterly remorseless sociopath in the comics too I don't get why people are so up in arms over this.
>>
File: Snyder Cycle.png (1 MB, 2673x1750) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Cycle.png
1 MB, 2673x1750
>>81909006
Don't worry, you'll be in the theater next year
>>
>>81909670
>Lex is an utterly remorseless sociopath
Who does things usually for a fucking reason. What was the reason for him willingly having his secretary killed for no additional gain?
>>
>>81909006

again /tvirgins/ shit posting?

Whenever you see a thread that start with ''WB make terrible decisions! Box office this! Budget is about 500 millions!''

its a troll trhead, just report and ignore.
>>
>>81909734
>What was the reason for him willingly having his secretary killed for no additional gain?

Plausible deniability. It'd look suspicious if he and his secretary both miraculously avoided the bomb. This way he can play the sympathy card and leverage more outrage against Supes.
>>
>>81909759
Sorry to disappoint you kiddo but this isn't a troll thread and in fact the only named DCEU thread up right now. I dont give a shit about budgets/box office by the way.
>>
File: Laughing Whores .gif (1008 KB, 449x253) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Whores .gif
1008 KB, 449x253
>>81909759
>he does Damage Control for free
>>
>>81909006
>Jimmy Olsen shot in the head for giggles
This is the one thing I'm legit fucking baffled by. What in the seven circles of hell possessed them to think that was a good idea? Sure they cut his name drop but fuck.
>>
>>81909851
>>81909655

not trolls
>>
>>81909862

they do it so Jenny Asian can be the new reporter that barely matters.

DC likes to introduce new characters for a reason rather to make a Marvel when they introduced Whor to replace Thor Odinson
>>
>>81909826
He didn't need any Plausible deniability though. The bomb could be easily traced back to cripple man with little connection to Luther (if he planned correctly). Hell if this is a supreme court case Luther should have had a lawyer or other personnel already present at the hearing.

Maybe that's what they were going for but I feel this lacks a fundamental misunderstanding yet again on Snyder's and the writers fault of these characters. Graves is usually Lex's go to assistant to get shit done, just having her be there for set decoration only to be a pawn to be blown up doesn't sit right with me.
>>
>>81910052
>but I feel this lacks a fundamental misunderstanding yet again on Snyder's and the writers fault
Holy fuck I need sleep.

Translation
*But I feel this demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding yet again on Snyder's and the writers part
>>
>>81910052
>He didn't need any Plausible deniability though

Also see my second point. Mercy would've been more useful to him as a martyr to hold up against Superman than as his secretary. He can always get a new secretary.
>>
>>81910052
Didn't Lex abandon Mercy in an episode of Superman:TAS? It's not that hard to believe that he's not as loyal to her as she is to him.
>>
It pisses me the fuck off that we're going towards Injustice.

Like, of COURSE Snyder would be the one retard with enough power to say, "yoooo adapting Injustice would be SO SICK brah!!!" And of course he doesn't realize that Injustice "works" because it's a video game, it's a digital comic, it's something that's so far off from the DCU that I'm not even sure it has a universe in the New52 multiverse.
>>
File: signed up for six pictures.jpg (123 KB, 562x647) Image search: [Google]
signed up for six pictures.jpg
123 KB, 562x647
>>81909655
Shit, you too?
>>
>>81910116
I sure hope this is conveyed in the extended cut of the film.

>>81910141
Yeah I believe he does. My gripe with this treatment though is that she didn't get the chance to truly be useful before he used her and tossed her. I guess that chick wasn't some ninja or robot or anything, just some chick named mercy graves that was only there for a name and most likely wont be back for Man of Steel 2 or anything, which is where my misunderstanding point comes in.
>>
>>81910093
>>81910204
>>81910211

/tvirgins/ leave
>>
>>81909006
>>Jimmy Olsen shot in the head for giggles
>>Psycho Lex just letting Mercy Graves die for literally no reason
>>Clark Kent is presumed dead so even when Superman comes back we wont get status Que (for how little we had it)
>>Psycho Lex knows both Superman and Batman's identities while in jail
>>Superman dead, while still a figure of extreme controversy who never got the chance to explain his case properly

And people are still loking forward to these movies?

If anything i would be looking forward to the trainwreck
>>
>>81909759

Honestly all the Doomsdaying about BvS blockbuster total has just made me wonder why anybody makes big budget movies anymore
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.