[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Jungle Book > Cinderella >>>>>> Maleficent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: The-Jungle-Book-2016-Poster.jpg (95 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
The-Jungle-Book-2016-Poster.jpg
95 KB, 400x500
The Jungle Book > Cinderella >>>>>> Maleficent
>>
I legitimately had a big smile on my face when I heard Walken sing I Wanna Be Like You"
>>
>>81888471
Was Into The Woods any good ? How about OZ ?
>>
>>81895325
Oz is decent in some part but the CGI looks very out of place
>>
>>81895325
>Into The Woods
Ehhh... I guess if you like musicals and sudden pathos.

>How about OZ
OZ the Great and Powerful?
It was actually pretty alright. It tries very hard to give an origin that fits with the old Judy Garland movie, so OZ himself had to be a standard human that saves a world of magical thingies. The scenery was luscious too.
>>
I just got back from seeing it.

I was pleasantly surprised because it was actually pretty good. I wasn't sure how songs would transfer over to live-action, but it worked.
>>
File: Wario Perfect.jpg (9 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
Wario Perfect.jpg
9 KB, 160x144
>Dat new Castle Logo that better become standard
>Using the original opening credits music
>Dat Bear Necessities
>Christopher Walken singing I Wanna Be Like You and turning that tune into something menacing for the ensuing chase scene
>Trust in Me becoming a theme for the devastating power of the red flower
>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5UZ7frgGpZxOWI4ZHNCM1lObEE/view
>>
Here's hoping that Beauty and the Beast will turn out as well as Jungle Book
>>
To this day, I still feel ripped off after seeing Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent in theaters
>>
File: 1456500307521.png (90 KB, 428x290) Image search: [Google]
1456500307521.png
90 KB, 428x290
Call me crazy friendos. But I think the Alice sequel might be good
>>
>>81893523
I really liked Cinderella. Gorgeous visuals and likable cast. I haven't seen Jungle Book yet, and hopefully I can still watch it on Monday. Maleficent was fucking shit, holy shit. I didn't pay for my ticket but I still feel like I wasted money on it. God, I hate it so much.
>>
Who else thought it was too lewd when the half-naked little brown boy said "You're kinda cute, I guess"
>>
>>81901377
I'm not feeling it.

>Let's put Alice into some weird clothes just cause
>Borat as the villain
>Uninspired rehashing of Mad Hatter's grimderp backstory.

Disney doesn't even have much faith in it. I mean, they cancelled the Mad T Party months before its even coming out.
>>
I know they used an extinct species of giant ape for King Louie because orangutans aren't native to India, but did they do something like that for Kaa too? The snake seemed way too large to be a real species, it was draped across so much of the jungle it looked like it was 40-50 feet long. I know India has some big-ass pythons but they're not that big.
>>
File: 1460327220305.gif (30 KB, 372x375) Image search: [Google]
1460327220305.gif
30 KB, 372x375
>>81899893
>Idris Elba's Shere Kahn
>>
>>81899893
>Christopher Walken singing I Wanna Be Like You

Well. I'm sold.
>>
>>81903038
I didn't like it much, honestly. He sounded threatening but Shere Khan needs to sound aristocratic more than that, and Elba sounds too street. James Earl Jones or Keith David could have done a better job.
>>
>>81903099
>Elba sounds too street
Fuck off horowitz
>>
>>81901377
I seriously doubt it
>>
>>81896245
Into the Woods didn't translate that well to film. They cut out essential characters and entire plots, and cleaned up a lot of the darker shit. Like the implied pedophilic Wolf IS a Pedophile in the stage version. And the fun of the stage version is seeing everyone reach happy ever after at the end of act one, and then seeing the shades of grey morality, the "woulds" in the "into the woods" pun, set in, the AFTER happy ever after. That being said, the main characters all worked very well.
>>
>>81903174
I don't mean "street" because he's black, I mean because he sounds like a London chav with a little schooling. His voice is basically like Jason Statham's but black and I wouldn't want Statham voicing Shere Khan either.

>>81903000
In the book Kaa is over a hundred years old and unrealistically long
>>
>>81903000
In the book Kaa was pretty damn large, and over a hundred years old. Though he was also one of Mowgli's friends and his mentor, and never tried to eat him.
>>
>>81903000
Nice trips. Reticulated Pythons never get above 30' I believe. Let's just say that deep in the jungle where no man has ever explored, modern snakes do reach Titanoboa size.
>>
I'm still surprised that Disney is still trying to keep the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise going despite Marvel and Star Wars raking in all of the cash for them
>>
>>81903789
The last two Pirates films made over a billion bucks so why wouldn't they try

Plus it's not just them, Pirates is the only thing keeping Johnny Depp's career alive
>>
>>81903879
>Pirates is the only thing keeping Johnny Depp's career alive
I'm fairly certain the guy could just appear in any movie he wants to and do just fine.
>>
>>81904005
Some of the last few movies that he's been in have been financial flops
>>
>>81904005
>Mortdecai bombed
>Transcendence bombed
>The Lone Ranger bombed so hard it rivaled John Carter
>Dark Shadows bombed
>The Rum Diary bombed
>Black Mass barely made a profit and didn't get the Oscar nom he was looking for

He needs the big-budget family stuff because his name alone isn't enough to pull audiences into theaters anymore
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.