[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Outside of America the word "comic", as in C.O.M.I.C,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: co.png (327 KB, 1000x534) Image search: [Google]
co.png
327 KB, 1000x534
Outside of America the word "comic", as in C.O.M.I.C, is used to refer to capeshit stories.
Pretty much the same way Americans use "manga" for moeshit.
>>
>>81885951
>Outside of America the word "comic", as in C.O.M.I.C, is used to refer to capeshit stories.

False.

t. Outside of America
>>
File: 1414362125366.png (54 KB, 423x361) Image search: [Google]
1414362125366.png
54 KB, 423x361
It's pretty much the same way here. Most people consider "comics" to be DC and Marvel and everything else is "grahpic novels".
>>
>>81886003
Is english the first language in your country?
>>
>>81886060
No.
>>
>>81886083
Well I spoke out of experience
In France I heard "bd" for comics and "comic" for capeshit
In latin America I heard "tebeo" or "historieta" for comics and "comic" for capeshit
In Brazil I heard "cuadrinho" for comics and "comic" for capeshit
In Italy I heard "fumetto" for comics and "comic" for capeshit

But maybe it is not the same in your own
>>
>>81886250
>In Brazil I heard "cuadrinho" for comics and "comic" for capeshit

I read and collect comics, I'm from Brazil, literally nobody says that
>>
>>81886050
That's pretty pretentious though.
>>
>>81886250
>In latin America I heard "tebeo" or "historieta" for comics and "comic" for capeshit

They're 100% interchangeable, "tira comica" and "novela grafica" are also used liberally.
>>
“That pompous phrase (graphic novel) was thought up by some idiot in the marketing department of DC. I prefer to call them Big Expensive Comics.”

-Alan Moore
>>
File: ARCA.jpg (267 KB, 800x1226) Image search: [Google]
ARCA.jpg
267 KB, 800x1226
Except no you fucking retard. While here in the UK capeshit is the most popular, we have two prominent non-capeshits; 2000AD and Viz. In the rest of Europe fucking Disney comics tower over all others in popularity.
>>
>the same way Americans use "manga" for moeshit.
But we don't do that, bait-senpai.
>>
>>81886602

"I have grown to hate my medium and everything I have ever created. I want to kill myself but if I did it would convince the only people who still listen to me that I am really insane. Which I am."

-Alan Moore
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.