[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand. Why does this film have a cult following?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1296111353.jpg (54 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1296111353.jpg
54 KB, 636x358
I don't understand. Why does this film have a cult following? It's a horribly paced piece of shit only slightly redeemed by some of the dialogue between the crew before the whole "twist." How and why did Cale's father know his son would ever even find Titan? Why did he sound like a motivational speech the whole movie? Why was Akima just fine after Preed shot her?
>>
>>81881559
>Why was Akima just fine after Preed shot her?
You did not pay any attention. They have future technology that heals a blaster wound in seconds. IT WAS SHOWN ON-SCREEN IN THE BEGINNING.

>how did Sam Tucker know
He left a map that only works when worn by his son. He told Cale to keep it.

Seriously, learn to use your brain when you watch movies. I bet you enjoyed The Force Awakens.
>>
>>81881667
>I'm a faggot who loves this movie enough to know the name of the dad
FAGGOT
>>
>>81881667
This is the kind of comment i would expect from a BvS fan
>>
>>81881559
Because it's an action/space opera movie aimed at teenagers instead of a princess movie aimed at children.
The lack of competition is enough to make any action cartoon cult.

Also nostalgia faggotry and the soundtrack is beloved.
>>
>>81881850
Okay... I see what kind of thread it is now.
>>
>>81881559
Movies like this are only made in animated form so normies will say: DUHH! It is very smart and ambitious ... For a children's cartoon!
>>
>>81882028
You're a fucking retard with a persecution complex.
>>
>>81881974
Treasure Planet is beloved in similar ways to this movie but I'd say it's arguably much better. In pretty much every aspect. I guess maybe I had to have seen it as a kid.
>>
>>81882144
>Treasure Planet is beloved in similar ways to this movie but I'd say it's arguably much better. In pretty much every aspect.
Well yeah it took Titan A.E., reworked it for 2 years to avoid its pitfalls, and there you have it.
I really doubt TP happens without TAE. I mean shit even the opening scenes are basically the same shit.

I've seen Titan AE as a teen and loved it. I've only seen TP much more recently and it's obviously a better movie.
>>
>>81882121
Just call me a retard, it shows how much safe you are that your movie is any good

And persecution from who? The twenty people who liked this movie? Or the five who liked AND really remember what happened in it?
>>
>>81882121
You replied, and you shouldn't have.

You haven't realized what kind of thread it is.
>>
>>81882320
I don't think the movie is good, I just think you're a retard for thinking that the intention is false deep kid movie when the movie was explicitely aimed at teens.

>And persecution from who?
Normies who think animation is for kids . Normies I know have no problem watching animated movies. I bet you've never watched an Ari Folman movie.
>>
Because of Akima's shower scene.

And animated Matt Damon.

And that sexy beast that is Bill Pullman's Korso.

Also, its got a pretty sweet soundtrack.
>>
>>81882365
Okay I will change my tone with you, what I say is that the term " Wester animation aimed at teens / adults" was never taken seriously in the time period that the film was released. Among the mainstream media the logic was animation=for kids, and almost ever between adults, animation= comedy.

This behavior broke the canoe of films like Atlantis, Ratatouille and Treasure Planet (that I love), but the only compliments I hear from these films are "They had a guns and explosions!So revolutionary!".
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 720x480
>>81881559
>Why does this film have a cult following?
Alien kangaroo waifu
>>
>>81882566
Stith is a million times more interesting than Akima. Fuck Cale for not getting on that shit.
>>
File: Stith.jpg (40 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Stith.jpg
40 KB, 720x480
>>81882566
Legs for days and an attitude to go with it.
>>
>>81882244

I saw Titan A.E. while I was coming off Wellbutrin. I honest to god wept in the theater at how moving it was. I saw it again when I wasn't coming of SSRIs and was surprised because it seemed like the same movie, but it wasn't that great. And that's how I learned I was a meaningless pile of potentially self-replicating meat slouching through existence and the most profound experiences I had ever had had were just neurochemistry.
>>
Saw this in theathers as a kid, I liked it, but I admit it has it's flaws. I regularly listen to the soundtrack and Cosmic Castaway still gives me chills. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSGU0CLpGeM
>>
>>81882695
This song and I'm Still Here from Treasure Planet were my shit growing up, not gonna lie.
>>
File: akima_in_a_towel.jpg (8 KB, 169x270) Image search: [Google]
akima_in_a_towel.jpg
8 KB, 169x270
In or out, /co/.
>>
>>81882566
>>81882652

God the alien designs in this movie are god awful
>>
>>81882121

Normal functioning people cannot relate to Animation, even less 2D animation.

It does not matters if it is the best story in the world, people will consider Pawn Stars or Jersey shore more mature because it is recordings of actual human beings.
>>
>>81881559
It was the last movie Don Bluth made, one of the last 2D wide releases, and one of the few cases of an animated film in its time that seemed to be shooting for something a tiny bit heavier than "princess sing-along fairytales" or "obnoxious celebrity vehicle." That's enough to get people to look over a lot of problems. It's still fairly unique in the field of animated sci-fi, and one of the stronger ones in that odd subgenre (though, again, that's not what you'd call a crowded field).

Basically, it's not very competent on many levels, but it is intriguing.
>>
Some of us watched this as kids with not the highest of standards. Being probably the first non child cartoon I fucking loved this movie. Now I still like it for nostalgia what makes bias.
>>
>>81883079
I'll never forget watching Titan AE in theaters. We went to Chuck E. Cheese after and shit, I don't know why I remember. It was nice being blissfully unaware of how much of a failure the movie really was
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.