[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Venture Brothers is the best cartoon series that's ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
Venture Brothers is the best cartoon series that's ever been made.
>Excellent world-building
>Lore that matters rather than lore that is panned out between episodic stuff
>Character development you can physically see happening
>Not afraid to change designs or even make big changes like killing off characters
>The writers write for themselves, they don't write to please fans or constantly pander to them (IE: No ship teasing)
>The production quality only gets better each season
>The creators aren't massive social media fags who out themselves to be SJWs over every little comment
>The humor, drama, tension, adventure are all on-point. Things rarely fall flat in this show or "could have been done much better".

The only downside is how long it takes for each season, but you can even spin that into a positive because despite being constantly kicked by Adult Swim with low budget, the creators continue to work hard just to make the show the best they can with their limitations. I admire them for spending their money thoughtfully on artists rather than hiring some well known actor to voice a character for two lines that inflates the budget (Bee & Puppycat, Steven Universe).
>>
>>81851615
You forgot the part where AS does not care about the show at all and will probably be dropped like Metalocalypse
>>
>>81851672
Then comedy central gets it and pays titmouse what they want
>>
>>81851672
They'll never drop it for the simple reason that other networks will want to pick it up really fast if they do. An adult comedy show with a pre-built fanbase? That's fucking gold to places like CC and FX.
>>
File: bVHtOs7.jpg (27 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
bVHtOs7.jpg
27 KB, 720x404
Also isn't it a breath of fresh air to have characters with actual joints and anatomy for once instead of just being basic geometric shapes with noodle arms?
>>
File: b2-hunter_480_poster.jpg (48 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
b2-hunter_480_poster.jpg
48 KB, 480x269
>>81851615
It also has the best tranny character ever made
>>
>>81851841
Not every cartoon is AT.
>>
>75 episodes in 13 years
>>
>>81853174

Quality over quantity?
>>
>>81853249
Yeah, but to what end? Are we soon gonna have 4 tremendous episodes every decade?
>>
>>81853360

Yeah, but 40 years from now when it finally ends we'll have the greatest cartoon of all time.
>>
>>81851672
>You forgot the part where AS does not care about the show at all

>most popular show
>doesn't care

Your a fucking moron. And the reason Apocalypse got dropped was because it catered to a narrow audience and quickly grew stale rehashing the same jokes and same episode plots.

I liked the show, but you are a fucking moron if you believe it was of the same quality as Venture Bros.
>>
>>81853737
>>81853360
>>81853174

Venture Bros is America's Berserk.
>>
i like the long waits. makes me enjoy the new episodes that much more. only started keeping up with it when season 5 was being aired though. cant imagine how cool it would have been to be there for the first ep.
>>
Been watching it si CE the TV debeut. Gotta say it's my favorite adult comedy cartoon; I really don't mind the wait for new seasons, this last one hit me by surprise. I thought the series was over after the mini-movie they made.l at the end of 5.

The writing is pristine. High brow, and low vrow humor packaged into one. Actually obscure nerd humor references that shows ABOUT nerd culture don't even understand; VB is like I.T crows tier when it comes to nerd writing. Great story line, all around awesome show, you really get involved with the characters.
>>
File: 1354980280792.gif (564 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1354980280792.gif
564 KB, 500x282
>>81852564
>Hunter Gathers was revealed in 2006
>Hunter S Thompson died in 2005
>we never got to see Hunter S freak out over Hunter G
>>
>>81851615
It's the Dark Souls of cartoons
>>
>>81854397

Thompson committed suicide. If he hadn't, he'd have probably killed himself when he saw Gathers. It was probably better for everyone that he chose to go out when he did.
>>
>>81852577
but it has been some time we havent seen a cartoon like that, at least a good cartoon.
>>
>>81852577
>Spongebob
>Bare Bears
>Regular Show
>Steven Universe
>Lakewood Plaza
>Clarence
>Breadwinners
>Harvey Beaks
>Wander Over Yonder
>Over the Garden Wall

Writing aside, all of these shows designs have characters with perfect circles or squares for head and body shapes and noodles or straight tubes for arms. You'll never see an ankle or elbow bone in these shows.
>>
>>81854778
Weird, I've seen elbows and knees in a lot of those shows. Not in the style of VB mind you but that's beside the point.
>>
>>81851615
This is my favorite [AS] show hands down.
Despite only having so many few seasons and a limited amount of episodes releasing at a time, it's so damn perfect. It's the only cartoon that manages to have a mature theme without being unbearably edgy and not lose sight of the story/characters and still have a great art style and animation.
I love Bojack Horseman and Archer but it's great seeing more traditional 2D animation, as opposed to some of the earlier episodes which had stiff and poor quality animation, but the writing was still top-notch and only got better.
>>
>>81851615
One can only pray they don't Boondocks us this season. But the writers are still working on it. So that's a plus.
>>
>>81855024
It helps the creators do 90% of the voices and are basically the sole writers. Allows for a tight grip for "creative control" when you're already doing everything.
>>
>>81855024
This season is over isn't it?
>>
>>81851672

AS loves this show and will give it as many seasons as they want.
>>
What's your favorite Venture Brothers episode, /co/?
https://youtu.be/nIAVFbOI4-o
>>
I remember listening to the creator commentary on the DVDs for Venture Bros season 2, 3 and 4. Shit was amazing. Provided so much insight into how the world came together like how most of Ward and Watch's dialogue is pulled from Doc and Jackson's office conversations, how the Council of 13 was designed entirely around silhouettes repurposed from other characters (Steppenwolf was just Half-Jackal with the Jackal side mirrored), and how both of them totally hated the Dean/Trianna ship. I was pretty sad when I bought the season 5 DVDs and found they didn't have any commentary at all...
>>
>>81855297
Handsome Randsom or Perchance to Dean.
>you like me, dont you hank?
>>
>>81855359
Been considering picking up a season on DVD. A majority of the [AS] shows I love are usually around $20-$30 whenever I see them, and that's if I see them because I barely run into them in person.
Would love to get them cheap along with a season of Squidbillies.
>>
>>81855798
>I barely run into them in person
Fuck were they rare? My stupid bitch of an ex roommate stole my season 2 dvds.
>>
>>81855849
Not really, that's just how [AS] DVDs are, you can usually find then in DVD speciality stores like F.Y.E. but not they're a bit harder to find in other places that sell DVDs like Target, Kmart, etc.
Probably better off buying them off EBay/Amazon or something.
>>
>>81855942
Also, I think Best Buy is another easy way to find them, but they can vary on good deals when it comes to that shit.
Remember buying Evangellion 2.22 on DVD for like $9 when it juat came out, but they're prices can be ass most of the time.
>>
>>81854653
Kinda overrated, but still pretty great with mildly annoying fans?
>>
I've been rewatching it on AS and every night there's a thread here with a pic from that night's episode. It brings me a small pleasure.
>>
>>81851615
It's still my favorite cartoon of all time. Fuckin love the look of the show, where characters actually require composition and have muscle mass etc, it humor and it's DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>81855297
Are you there God? It's me,Dean.

Recently learned Doc had torsion prior to writing the episode. Also I'm constantly checking my balls to this day.
>>
>>81851716
Oh boy! Can't wait to see my favorite show get zombiefied like futurama!
>>
>>81857167
It's always fun rewatching the show, even though I've rewatched it dozens of times.
>>
>>81857485
It has just enough episodes to watch in a cycle that doesn't get old.
>>
File: ode-to-dr-orpheus.jpg (118 KB, 600x367) Image search: [Google]
ode-to-dr-orpheus.jpg
118 KB, 600x367
Will he back next season? I liked the last season, but it felt kind of empty without Orpheus.
>>
How many years have passed in-show?
>>
>>81857548
I missed him too. I wonder if action man will die of a stroke like he said.
>>
>>81855297
Dr. Quymm, Medicine Woman is one of my top three. I love "parallels of the main cast" and Doc's whole romance bit was really sweet and sad at the same time. When he said the line, "You won't get hurt, it was nice, wasn't it?" was one of the most human things Doc has said in the series, it made me really feel for him.
>>
>>81857595
Starting from Dias Muertos to the most recent episode, we've seen around three to four years go by.

The boys were around 15 in the beginning and now they're just moving on to college (Because slugs kept causing them to die), so they're roughly 18 - 19 now.
>>
>>81857548

Orpheus is based but I actually didn't mind the break. I'll enjoy him hamming it up again even more now.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.