[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has Disney done so little with this franchise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: 3847548-3282600894-Incre.jpg (78 KB, 640x497) Image search: [Google]
3847548-3282600894-Incre.jpg
78 KB, 640x497
Before they acquired Marvel and started milking that instead. Why did they never really do much with Incredibles over the last decade?
>>
Because it's Brad Bird's baby
>>
>>81840790
I thought Disney never really gave a shit about the thoughts and feelings of a creator. They claim 100% ownership of a property and they get to work shilling it as much as possible after that.
>>
>>81840764
I honestly wish they would just make them into a new incarnation of the Fantastic Four at this point.

Go ahead and put them in the Marvel 616, and make them mutants or something.
>>
>>81840835

The Incredibles was essentially the closest big budget animation can get to an auteur work and 90% of the success of that film was due to Bird. Disney of course can legally do whatever the fuck they want with the property but Bird is a genius and a good person to keep on your side. All they had to do was be patient and wait for him to be ready and now they can print money AND get a high quality sequel (which means printing long term money).
>>
>>81841157
That's still film, there is not much stopping them from making a cartoon series or some shorts.
>>
Why does everything have to be a franchise? Can't it be a good stand-alone movie?

Fuck this franchise bullshit.
>>
>>81841358
There was a comic series but it ended around the time Disney got Marvel.

If they were interested in doing more then they might have revisited Incredibles again instead of doing Big Hero 6. Even then Disney has not done much with that property either. And fans did want a comic series based on it.
>>
>>81840764
Marvel plays superheroics straight (mostly) in a somewhat episodic format.
The Incredibles is a standalone movie about midlife crisis and family set in a deconstructed superhero world. There really isn't that much to milk and I think even the 1 sequel they're producing will be superfluous.

The 2 properties really don't have the same potential.

Also thank God they didn't milk it, Brad Bird was opposed to that.
>>
>>81840893
Fuck off.
>>
>>81840764
because it was secretly redpilled 2:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=366wq306duA
>>
>>81841698
Found the DCfag
>>
>>81841383
>stand-alone
Of course not
>>
>>81841747
No, I'm a Marvelfag and that's why I don't want you to replace the First Family with characters that have nothing to do with them beyond the most shallow of observations, you fucking casual ass.
>b-but FOX
Yeah as I said fuck off.
>>
>>81841810

>Replace a completely failed pathetic corpse of a series that the last fan stopped giving a shit about 25+ years ago with something that does it immensely better in every possible way.

Yea we don't want that anon. Best keep the cancelled series of characters that have been broken up and are only good for making the worst superhero movies in Hollywood. Just two steps below Ghost Rider:Spirit of Vengeance.
>>
File: angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg (79 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg
79 KB, 1024x682
>>81841810
>>
>>81841666
Fucking this.
The whole reason this movie was so incredibly (heh) good is because it was never about superpowers, but the intricacies of family, marriage and identity.

I think any sequel following that same direction would be too soap opera but it could be done, nothing impossible.
Making it a TV show would've destroyed any integrity of the characters, so I'm glad that never happened.
>>
>>81842152
>does it immensely better in every possible way.
But it really doesn't, they're really not that similar beyond purely surface level, and the original Kirby/Lee F4 (or even Hickman's) is miles better than Incredibles anyway.
>muh movies
Yeah, fuck off casualshit. You've got nothing to gain from them joining 616 since you don't read comics anyway.
>>
>Only real the early 60's run
>never read anything else
>pretend nothing else was ever made
>Do not allow anyone else to make a single comic, series, or film about it because not muh original
>anyone who does not keep it to the Kirby run is a casualfag
>fuck the casualfags

wonder what it is like living in a bubble
>>
>>81840764
Because we're lucky.
>>
>>81840764
You could

>Fuck Yourself

or

>Watch the movie again

You have options anon.
>>
>>81841383
Fucking THIS

God damn I hate people asking for sequels to complete movies.
>>
>>81841744
>secretly
The whole movie is very Randian. I'm staunchly opposed to the philosophy but I still love this movie.
>>
>>81843400
It really did tease a sequel, though. Why tease a sequel if you don't want one?
>>
>>81843439
I don't get how so. they believe in exceptional people but there's an obvious implication they should use their gifts to help others. the villain is a selfmade millionaire industrialist whose ultimate goal is showing off he's a better hero. Bob's main arc is realizing he doesn't have to work alone and his family makes him stronger.
>>
>>81843555
It didn't really. It teased that the family would continue doing superheroics together, completing it's themes of family and being true to oneself.
>>
>>81843682
Dash's arc of being forced to hold himself back around his inferiors is kinda Randian
>>
>>81843777
The dvd extras did have a few random bits about how back in the day some Supers really thought they were a new superior species and that made the NSA nervous
>>
File: AQgYsGx.jpg (70 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
AQgYsGx.jpg
70 KB, 640x320
>>81840764
because they already had a franchise about a four-man family superhero team to run into the ground
>>
>>81844375
If only we could have a less shit one instead
>>
>>81844375
That was 20th Century Fox, not Disney/Marvel Studios
>>
>>81843682
The movie makes a lot of points about supers being forced to hold back by the lowly masses, and it comes up a lot in interviews.
>>
>>81843555
That wasn't a sequel tease at all. The Underminer very obviously is a generic throw-away villain, and the point of the scene was to show that they now fight crime again, but as a family.
>>
Still the best speedster scene in any superhero movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5v2qBBD-gE
>>
>>81844805
that's not Neo vs Smith
>>
File: image.png (347 KB, 844x479) Image search: [Google]
image.png
347 KB, 844x479
>>81840764
Because how can they improve on the villain from the original movie?
>>
>>81841417
Also, there were plans for a ride at Disney World using that Kuka arm on a track technology, but Universal got a 10 year exclusive contract with Kuka and used it for their Harry Potter ride.
>>
>>81845393
Was he autistic?
>>
>>81845495
>In charge of a fan club and had an ego to match
>Refused to take no for an answer
>Lack of empathy

I can almost hear him REEEEing in that cap.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.