[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Captain America: Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 26
File: CgBRDPqWIAA0eNZ.jpg (38 KB, 600x373) Image search: [Google]
CgBRDPqWIAA0eNZ.jpg
38 KB, 600x373
First look on ZeMoe
>>
Yeah, looks like marvel can't make a villain right. Well we can't have everything, right?
>>
>>81823137
>nazi Tobey
Damn, makes sense he doesn't fight.
>>
File: Spider-Man_006Pyxurz.jpg (148 KB, 1600x1202) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_006Pyxurz.jpg
148 KB, 1600x1202
oh god
>>
>>81823137
Did anyone notice how in the premiere he wore a dark purpleish suit?

Also JFC why bring in Zemo and not use him properly?
>>
>>81823181
What is a hero if his villains amount to nothing?
>>
>>81824368
>Pizza Zeit!
>>
>>81823137
Despite its praise, some of the film's problems are coming across in certain reviews and reactions.

>Too long
>Major structure issues
>Lame villain
>Almost beat for beat the story BvS
to name a few.

why am I not surprised that the film's villain is mediocre, this is marvel… has there even been a mcu villain worth a damn? maybe red skull?

Also funny is how the film is so similar to BvS and even has the same problems yet it is so praised. Notice that these flaws aren't blown out of proportion by critics and the film still has a 100%? If anyone ever needed a case study for critical hypocrisy, they should look at these 2 movies
>>
I'm not paying for those.
>>
>>81823181
How so?
>>
>>81824368
OUT, AM I?
>>
Zemo isn't the villain of the film, it's not about him
>>
>>81824918
YOU'RE FIRED
>>
>WB heard through the grapevine all the similarities in plot with Civil War, including lame skinny crazy nerd villain
>decided to move BvS up to beat Marvel to the punch
>ended up JUSTing them
>>
>>81824908
>has there even been a mcu villain worth a damn
Loki, but only in the first Thor movie. Avengers ruined him
>>
File: 1422106386249.jpg (10 KB, 241x250) Image search: [Google]
1422106386249.jpg
10 KB, 241x250
>>81823137
>dat face
>>
>>81823137
Aw, he's cute.

Thunderbolts, when?
>>
>>81824908
The reason its getting praise is because almost all of those things dont ruin the movie experience like BvS.

>Too Long: Subjective

>Major Structure Issues: I have never heard this in any review

>Lame Villain: Villain is not the big focus, like Luthor was. Villain doesn't compromise the plot. Villain is pretty much just there for introduction to be used in later films.

>BvS story: But as every review said, done 10x better with actual logic.
>>
>>81825802
>Too Long: Subjective
Didn't stop the critics
Lame Villain: Villain is not the big focus
That's not excuse
>done 10x better with actual logic.
>It's logical for the world to wait for the Avengers to wreck 5 cities before they ask of them to be held responsible, instead of just one.
>>
>>81825222
Hell, his motivation is that of Inigo Montoya.
He really isn't the mayor adversary, Tony is.
>>
>>81824560
Did he? So did Tom Holland.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
184 KB, 1920x1080
>>81824704
that killed me
>>
>>81825892
>Didn't stop the critics
your point....?

>That's not excuse
Its not an excuse. This Villain doesn't control the central plot of the movie. It doesn't hinder it or improve it.

>It's logical for the world to wait for the Avengers to wreck 5 cities before they ask of them to be held responsible, instead of just one.

>Implying a major event doesn't happen to start the film that tips the scale as we've seen in trailers.
>Implying its more logical for a god like being who acts outside the law to somehow have a problem with a street level hero acting outside the law.
>Implying BvS wasn't filled to the brim with illogical elements.
>>
I'm confused

Why is everyone outraged here

What do you think Zemo is supposed to look like underneath that windsock of his? This isn't Heinrich it's Helmut
>>
File: 1460257623432.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1460257623432.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
>>81823181
>>81824560
It's obvious they're doing a slow burn with Zemo and setting him up for future films. Fiege and Russos have always been up front about this when people asked. The fact that Zemo of all villains is the first film one besides Loki to not be killed off in one film makes me hopeful. Reminder that for as much as critics and fangirls like to suck Loki's cock he got nowhere near the recognition he does now until his second appearance in the MCU in Avengers. That was when they really went all out with him after they laid the groundwork for him going full evil and crazy in Thor. It's going to be the same for Zemo. Despite people saying his small role is a negative most critics are saying what is there is well-done and he's sounding like the ultimate keikakku master of the MCU in the making. Having him be a major focus of Civil War when so much is going on would have been a disservice to the story and his character. I am pretty hopeful that by the end of Phase 3 we will get full Zemo mask, sword, and Masters of Evil and all.

In Zemo I trust
>>
>>81826099
Double standards is my point, one movie get's shit for being to long while the other of the same length does not.

Then why is he even there? It does hinder because if he amounts to nothing then don't have him

What I'm saying is that the world of DCCU were smart enough to ask Superman to be hold responsible after his first city, instead of waiting for 4 others to have a major battle in them.
>>
>the bad guy...another white dude in a business suit...
>>
>>81824908
>Guy from Iron Man 1 and his terrorist pals.
>Red Skull
>Abomination?
>debatedly Whiplash, while not the best use of the character, he was the best thing in that movie and his entrance when he cut the racing cars was actually really well done.
>>
>>81826274
>business suit
That's no business suit.
Seems more like they made Zemo a middle school math teacher.
>>
>>81826225
>Then why is he even there?
To set him up as Steve and Bucky's nemesis in future films and set him on the path of going full purple mask master of evil. Reminder that Loki in the first Thor movie was the central antagonist and had a whole movie's worth of development yet as much as people said he was a good part of the movie people didn't start completely gushing over him until Avengers which was his second appearance.
>>
>>81823137
Oh man, fuck this shit. Fucking really? This, this is Zemo?
>>
>>81824908
Zemo is so much better than Red Skull in the comics, this is frustrating. I'm worried that comics Zemo will now be retconned into a goofy nerd with no aristocratic background.
>>
>>81826411
They're going to build him up over phase 3. In this movie alone he's keikakku incarnate. That's a good sign for future ZeMoe-ing
>>
>>81826185
>The fact that Zemo of all villains is the first film one besides Loki to not be killed off in one film makes me hopeful
Not saying dont be exctied man, but
>Abomination
>Blue girl from gotg (This one probably has a chanceto return actually)
>the leader
>>
File: Helmut.jpg (21 KB, 236x304) Image search: [Google]
Helmut.jpg
21 KB, 236x304
>>81826146
>What do you think Zemo is supposed to look like underneath that windsock of his? This isn't Heinrich it's Helmut
This is Helmut.
>>
File: ultron.jpg (125 KB, 686x1000) Image search: [Google]
ultron.jpg
125 KB, 686x1000
>>81826185
It's obvious he'll get his proper face by the end of the movie guys!
>>
File: Helmut2.jpg (61 KB, 394x606) Image search: [Google]
Helmut2.jpg
61 KB, 394x606
>>81826563
This is Helmut.
>>
>>81826225

>Double standards
When you have a movie thats long but is interesting and enjoyable it works. Thats why its mostly forgiven. BvS is overly, and takes itself deathly serious. It gets boring.

>He's there obviously to set up a villain for future movies. Unlike the huge Omegaland scene in BvS, it doesn't detract from the movie because he's actually relevant and not some future vision.

>DCCU only did this because of the backlash. Not to mention the fact all of this 'destruction, should supes be monitored' has no pay off unlike this movie. In BvS they bring up all these points only to inevitably blow up the court room, create doomsday and kill superman. And somehow we're supposed to believe the public is accepting and mourning superman in his death even tho they clearly never got resolution to any of their hate for him.
>>
File: Helmut3.jpg (271 KB, 1988x1408) Image search: [Google]
Helmut3.jpg
271 KB, 1988x1408
>>81826577
This is Helmut.
>>
>>81826574
>implying Whedon is anywhere near this.
>Implying Zemo is only gonna be in one movie
>implying they didn't do this exact set up for Crossbones in Winter Soldier.
>>
File: Helmut4.jpg (41 KB, 400x599) Image search: [Google]
Helmut4.jpg
41 KB, 400x599
>>81826602
This is Helmut.
>>
>>81826511
You know the Hulk movies have rights issues so they can't use them so easily. And like you said, Nebula can easily come back
>>
>>81825222
Then why use him?
>>
>>81826370
>Bucky and Steve's nemesis in future films

Which films? Are they going to bump Capain Marvel AGAIN to fit in another Cap solo film? Is he going to be the bad guy in Infinity War?
>>
>>81826574
Crossbones did
>>
File: Helmut5.jpg (436 KB, 1280x1958) Image search: [Google]
Helmut5.jpg
436 KB, 1280x1958
>>81826649
This is Helmut.
>>
>>81826370
But Loki was central to the story, he was a part of the story. This guy is not, so he is unneeded.
>>81826582
Fair point.

Don't fucking bring him in unless he is relevant to this story, even Omegland will probably be more relevant because it's a symbolisation of what Batman fears Superman will do.

Or DCCU did it because it was planned that way, and the movie made it clear that people are mixed about him. Some liked him while others don't, so yes you have some people to mourns him while other dance on the street.
>>
>>81826185
But in what movies would they even use him?
I don't see him really working in stuff like Spidey or Strange which shouldn't even have anything remotely to do with HYDRA.
>>
>>81826563

And? What's your point? Literally the only meaningful difference between him and Bruhl is that he's not a fucking blonde.
>>
>>81823137
he looks like the son of a wealthy, accomplished man who is failing to live up to his father's legacy

perfect for his origin story
>>
>>81826621
>>81826692
Fair points.
I'm just saying Marvel doesn't have the best track record with villains and you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Zemo is going to be "developed" over multiple films. Where is he going to fit in? Everything that's coming next is cosmic Infinity shit.
>>
>>81826790
>failing to live up to his father's legacy
Consider me triggered.
>>
>>81826766

I dunno, it's not like they don't have an upcoming movie involving cosmic power sources, things Zemo is known to hijack and attempt to control, coming up
>>
>>81826782
Zemo looks like a lackluster pen-pusher with minimal, if any, meaningful traction in the film. As a fan of comics Zemo I feel like this certainly a bad adaptation looks-wise and is likely to be a bad adaptation overall.

I don't really have two shits to give about that, except MCU synergy means movie Zemo will almost certainly be duplicated in the comics. I wish they had produced the conniving, leaderlike, physically threatening Zemo in the comics on screen though, for sure.

I think running around making excuses for what might be rather than what is, is poor remedy as well.
>>
>>81826688
Seeding future movies

since Zemo was super-pissed about BuckyCap in the comics
>>
>>81826923

All you have is an image of him in a business suit sitting at a fucking desk

I mean fuck, I'm pretty sure comic Zemo SAT DOWN more than once
>>
>>81826750
Except Zemo plays a direct role in this plot albeit small. It's not huge unneeded foreshadowing.

And so we're supposed to excuse the fact none of the public's superman issues are resolved as part of a plan. Yay useless plot devices.
>>
If only Zemo was a character known for disguises and guile to move his plans forward
>>
>>81826766
HYDRA is really just a means to an end for Zemo
>>
>>81827135
If only. How much sense would that make? A lot I bet. HMMMMMM
>>
File: lex-luthor-jesse-eisenberg.jpg (12 KB, 155x203) Image search: [Google]
lex-luthor-jesse-eisenberg.jpg
12 KB, 155x203
Boys!!: Marvel edition

>2 weeks left
>no spoiler sticky
>>
>>81826865
You mean Infinity War?
I doubt he'll be able to hijack Thanos of all people. Mark my words they'll kill him as one of Thanos henchies.

What I don't like is that while he might have the smarts he is severaly lacking in the physical attributes of Zemo. Would it have killed them to have Brühl lift a little. Say what you want about BvS but holy hell did Affleck get ripped for the role.
>>
>>81827101
>going on the evidence presented is wrong

>>81827135
Zemo has never been beyond fucking a guy up in a fight.
>>
>>81827265
You do realize there will be movies after IW right?
>>
>>81827341
So Baron Zemo will just sit things out until 2021? Ah, I forgot he's not actually a Baron anymore.
>>
>>81827125
Does he? Reviews I read says that you might as well have cut him out and nothing would change

Yes
>>
>>81827297
>Yes disguised Zemo manipulating heroes break into a random fight scene!!!
>>
>>81827341
I'm actually thinking they might blow their load in IW and that's when the fatigue might set in. I mean they are already marketing it like the gigantic grande finale.
What's there to do afterwards? Copy every possible X-Man world destruction plot with the Inhumans?
>>
>>81826800
>if you think Zemo is going to be "developed" over multiple films
Worked for Loki
>>
>>81827231

>I love it, I love bringing people together! Ouch that is a good grip, you should not pick up a Captain America: Civil War with this man!
>>
>>81827413
>Ah, I forgot he's not actually a Baron anymore.
I thought he is being advertised as Baron Zemo all the time. Hell they called him that in the news I saw about the movie yesterday.
>>
>>81827048
Let the hatefuck shipping commence.
>>
File: bear.jpg (62 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
62 KB, 625x469
>>81827499
Eh, Cap has had the most concessions to a more "real" espionage and military setting.

Since German aristocracy is about as meaningful as free speech in Turkey these days, they might as well drop it.
Hell, they could put in a reference that the family used to be a big deal but nobody that would insist on the title baron these days would be taken seriously
>>
>he'll be super important in the later movies guys
>>
>>81826343
I'd say that Loki, Robert Redford, and the netflix series villains are the only genuinely good villains in the MCU. Maybe Arnim Zola too for having one of the best scenes in one of the best MCU movies. Haven't seen AoS so I can't say wether the villains are good.
>>
>>81823137
>guy with glasses
OMG A GUY WITH GLASSES
AVENGERS HELP US
>>
>>81827721
Oh right, I was trying to think of another villain that people insisted would be expanded upon in future movies. I guess Strucker was just THAT forgettable.
>>
>>81827711
Zemo's ancestry is important to his character. I don't necessarily disagree with your reasoning, but choosing to drop that is choosing to take something away from his character.
>>
>>81827721
>they didn't even do Satan's Claw
>no evil Nazi twins either
It's like the MCU can only have fun with its heroes.
>>
>>81827711
>Since German aristocracy is about as meaningful as free speech in Turkey

US pls nuke here ;_; I hate being a roach.
>>
>>81827892
>Captain Turkey
>The chosen enforcer of ErdoÄŸan, he has the power to censor any number of newspapers instantly and a +500% damage bonus vs. Kurds
>>
File: Baron-Zemo-Comic.jpg (53 KB, 600x353) Image search: [Google]
Baron-Zemo-Comic.jpg
53 KB, 600x353
>>81826511
>implying they've ever readdressed the redheaded stepchild of the MCU until Ross showed up in Civil War

Also Nebula's rumored to be a art of GotG2.

To be fair he did get his proper face in the best scene in the movie:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grldu9JT4Zc

>>81826766
Infinity War is the obvious choice. Also this is the leader of the Masters of Evil we're talking about. He'll probably do some recruiting between now and the end of Phase 3
>>
>>81828037
Captain Turkey actually exists in Marvel Universe as far as I can remember. And his costume his fucking ridicilous lmao.
>>
>>81823137
>No blonde hair
>Not buff
Come on you lazy fuck. You could at least put on some muscle and dye your hair for a role.
>>
>>81828076
>Infinity War is the obvious choice. Also this is the leader of the Masters of Evil we're talking about. He'll probably do some recruiting between now and the end of Phase 3
That would imply the guys spearheading the MCU know how to actually have fun with their villains.
>>
>>81826689
Infinity War for sure. I could see him staging a villain breakout of the raft after recruiting defeated villains to his cause during Phase 3.

>>81826750
>But Loki was central to the story, he was a part of the story. This guy is not, so he is unneeded.
Have you seen the movie yet? Aside from Collider and IGN people are saying his machinations and role in the plot albeit small work and make sense and that he's done well.
>>
>>81828196
>Aside from Collider and IGN people are saying his machinations and role in the plot albeit small work and make sense and that he's done well.
Do those people actually know who Baron Zemo is though?
That's what bothers me the most. For them he might just be another villain that "works" like in all other movies but for the fans of the character?
>>
>>81828135
The MCU needs everyone to get buff. Remember that they made Paul Rudd get a sixpack. Paul fucking Rudd.

I bet if he actually has a mayor role in the next one, they'll force a personal trainer on his ass.
>>
>>81823137
>It's only okay when Marvel Studios fucks up the villains
>but fuck WB for not casting a light skinned tall bald actor with a deep voice as Lex
>>
>>81828360
Yeah that's kinda hypocritical. Brühl looks nothing like Zemo.
Heck, Til Schweiger would probably made a better Zemo now that I think about it.
>>
>>81823137
What's his master plan, write a stern letter to cap?

>Dear Captain, oh my Captain
>I regret to inform you that I, Helmut Zemo, very much frown upon your recent actions regarding the matter concerning your friend, James Buchanan Barnes, and the complete disregard of international law in favor of showing preferential treatment towards afore mentioned acquaintance.
>Shame on you, Captain. I henceforth renounce my membership of the Captain America fan club.
>Best regards,
>Helmut Zemo
>P.S. Why are you so mean to your other friend, Anthony Stark? Stop being such a bully, it does become you.
>>
>>81828196
No I have not seen the movie, I'm going by what reviews says, such as the following
https://youtu.be/S5yEyAhg628?t=250
>make sense and
You say that as you bring up the IGN review. Which stated
>, his actual scheme doesn't hold up under scrutiny and relies on a few too many coincidences. (To delve deeper into those issues would get too spoilery.)
>>
>>81826923
Except Standoff has Zemo being classic Zemo and fucking shit up so I don't get your worry.

Also, niggas going to prison at the end of the movie. You think he wont lift? You think Zemo isn't the type to surprise you with his swordfighting? What your wanting is something that can be developed over Phase 3.

>>81827721
Yeah people totally said that after he was killed off within the first hour of the movie. Totally the same situation as Zemo who will survive.

>>81827413
He's going to be in the Raft. It's fair to say other villains throughout Phase 3 are going to be sent to the Raft.

>>81828170
Stop being such a debbie downer my nig. They didn't kill him off. They've already said he'll be in upcoming films. Zemo is the next Loki. Belieb it.
>>
>>81828487
Other people are saying that he works. Some are saying that he doesn't. Most of the reviews I've read have been positive about him.

>You say that as you bring up the IGN review. Which stated
Yes, I already stated Vejvoda didn't like him. What's the point of quoting him saying he doesn't like him? He's one of the people who said Zemo didn't work. There are people who said he did.
>>
>>81828602
Positive about his performance or his role in the story?

I misread that part of your post
>>
>>81828423
>Implying MCU adaptations have looked exactly like their comic counterparts

Come on, man. By and large that ends up not being true. There have rarely been cases where someone was the spitting image of an 616 counterpart. Half the supporting characters have been race changed or genderswapped ffs
>>
>>81828515
>Stop being such a debbie downer my nig. They didn't kill him off. They've already said he'll be in upcoming films. Zemo is the next Loki. Belieb it.
Unlike Loki Zemo has less sympathetic themes to his character I think.
>>
>>81828076
I think Karen Gillen was already seen shaving her head for it somewhere.
>>
>>81824908
You are absolutely bullshitting. Most of the reviews have been saying there's no villain at all and it actually defies the usual marvel formula.

You are literally just trying to start shit.
>>
>>81828515
No they didn't, they just said that the things Zemo would do in Civil War would set up events for future films.
>>
>>81828710
>shaves her head
>some prissy kraut doesn't even dye his hair
>>
>>81823137
He can't look like that the whole mobie
>>
>>81828730
>no villain
>implying Steve and Tony aren't the villains of the movie
>>
>>81828657
I've said reviews that said both. Sorry if I wasn't clear. His reception so far has been divisive to be sure, but part of me wonders if the people doing the reviews really know or get Zemo other than he's a bad guy with a sword. German guy with a hateboner for Bucky who is all about the keikakku and manipulation seems like pretty classic Zemo at least in the spirit of the character even if he doesnt have a purple mask or swordfights.
>>
File: 1453259911702.jpg (478 KB, 1024x1569) Image search: [Google]
1453259911702.jpg
478 KB, 1024x1569
>>81828811
Fault is with me not you, and I doubt that any of the reviews know or get Zemo. So all he has to stand on is this movie, which is setting him UP instead of setting HIM up if you know what I'm trying to say.
>>
Oh man, I think I get it. This is a grandson, isn't it? They're putting Helmut in the position Heinrich was, originally.
>>
>>81828768
I bet he looks like that they few times he's actually on screen.
>>
>>81828749
"He's under the cloak of secrecy. There are a lot of amazing actors in this movie. Some of them play large roles than others. And in some cases there are some you will meet ever so briefly in this film and then will be expanded upon in future films."

There other ones too but they weren't going to flat out say the villain survive the movie much less what he's doing. But it's obvious he's being set up for other stuff.
>>
>>81827689
I want him to hatefuck Steve tho, tired of Bucky.
>>
>>81829055
First thing that comes to mind is Everett Ross but OK I guess.
>>
>>81827048
He was super duper pissed about FalcoCap
>>
>>81828811
Choosing to do him as a journo-ish guy investigating his father's death is pretty distinct from, for example, starting off with him practising fencing in some crumbling German castle.

I think that even if they get the character right they've not given him much opportunity to show some flair. Making him so non-physical worries me for any potential Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts thing.
>>
>>81828954
Yeah, I mean I'm just keeping my fingers crossed at this point. Zemo is one of my favorites and with the potential in the Masters of Evil and Thunderbolts it would just be so dumb of them not to have him develop anymore than he is in Civil War.
>>
>>81829146
Well duh. Nigga as Captain must trigger some latent Nazi genes in him.
>>
>>81823137
What the fuck.
Is this actually Tobey Maguire?
>>
>>81829205
He's actually not a racist.
>>
>>81829055
Black Panther is coming sooner than anything you could easily link Zemo too. Unless they make Zemo a BP villain.
>>
>>81829247
Until it gets retconned that he is under Bendis
>>
>>81829160
To be fair foreign guy practicing fencing is typically pretty big red flag for someone being the villain. They're obviously trying to be more subtle with Zemo at least at first. The ability to swordfight and more of his background could be things that are fleshed out further in other movies. If he is going to the Raft at the end of this that'll leave him with plenty of time to bulk up at least. I get what you're saying though.
>>
>>81829205
He was so pissed that he wanted to kill everyone on Earth

And he would have gotten away with it, if not for Falco.
>>
>>81829298
I think it's pretty obvious that Ulysses will be the first BP villain.
>>
>>81829205
>>81829247
I thought he was tolerant-racist. He's from the 50's/60's isn't he? He tolerates them but he doesn't like them or being in their company unless he has to.

At least thats how everyone in our country sees it.
>>
File: body_snatchers.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
body_snatchers.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
>>81829232
That's the twist.
Bruhl is actually Peter Parker and Tom Holland is Zemo.

They bamboozled the audience.
>>
>>81829323
>Zemo literally went NOT MUH
That sounds hilarious.
>>
>>81829316
Everyone who cares already knows he's a villain, I'm not expecting a level of subtlety here where casuals might actually think he's a good guy until halfway through the movie. I don't even expect him to be in the movie enough for that to be possible.

If you want to build up a fanbase you have to at least give him some good spotlight time.
>>
File: consider-the-following.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
>>81829298
>The Raft has been built to contain "supercriminals"
>Zemo is imprisoned in the Raft
>Klaw is imprsoned on the Raft
>Zemo recruits Klaw at the end of the BP movie
>>
>>81829310
Scarily possible.

>>81829356
His dad was a Nazi, but he's not a racist at all. He's not nice, and he's totally unforgiving of weakness in anyone or anybody, but he doesn't much care if you're black or a Jew (he might blather on about the history of your race a bit). He even had a kinda sorta thing with Songbird for a while.
>>
>>81829391
They've said (not to bring BvS into things again) he's a keikakku master who has pathos and an understandable motivation. He may not even come off as a true mustache twirling villain but more a justifiable one. At least that's what's been said thus far. I'm not saying they'll think he's a good guy, but if they think he's an interesting character that they can care about that's enough for a fanbase to form.
>>
File: 1444342850132.png (265 KB, 342x450) Image search: [Google]
1444342850132.png
265 KB, 342x450
>>81829431
>>81829247
You both seem to forget his rather extreme dislike for the Japanese.
>>
>>81829247
Yeah one of the kids he adopted in Gruenwald's run, if I am not mistaken, was black.

It's got to do with his hateboner and obsession with Steve and the fact that with Bucky he thought he hadn't yet earned the right to be Cap or the right for redemption so it pissed him off that Bucky was Cap, especially since no matter how much he hates Steve he considers Steve a worthy adversary and someone who needs to meet a fitting end, especially by his hand (which is why he didn’t kill Steve right away in Standoff).

So to him any Captain America has to meet his own standards and has to measure up to Steve.

I am guessing with Sam it might be a similar thing, by now Zemo is most likely annoyed at Steve just giving out the Captain America name to anyone.
>>
>>81829508
To be fair not racist is probably not quite right. Being raised in Nazism/HYDRA I bet he was a racist little shit when he was a kid. But he got over it.
>>
>>81829508
That's a nationality.
>>
>>81829595
>Zemo starts his own Zemokorps in revenge for Cap being so blasé with the Captain America title
>Featuring such endearing characters as Knight Zemo, Count Zemo, Mister Zemo, Kid Zemo and Zemo the Affenpinscher
>>
>>81829632
Yes and?
>>
Where is the gay purple suit? No gay purple suit, no Zemo.
>>
>>81829504
It would be nice if he was a normal guy coming from a bad background who starts from the idea that superheroes are ultimately harmful and through that comes to a point where he's laughing maniacally in a purple mask while pointing a sword at Captain America.

I guess we have to live in hope until the movie is actually out.
>>
>>81826185
>ultimate keikakku master of the MCU
He's their only option for that type of villain. Red Skull is dead. Doctor Doom is not an option.

That leaves Zemo.
>>
>>81829700
Japanese is not a race
>>
>>81829343
Not really. Andy Serkis is not confirmed to be in the movie.
>>
>>81829697
>Cap: Zemo please just go see a therapist or a psychiatrist, Moonstone doesn’t count.
>>
>>81829909
I think that Coogler will do well if given free reign on BP. He'll probably pick the villain that appeals to him most.
>>
>>81829948
The fact that he's doing part of the writing for it is a good sign to me. He's already got a proven track record compared to the official screenwriter who's kind of a nobody.
>>
>>81830029
>a proven track record
Such as?
>>
>>81830051
Creed
>>
>>81830113
>Rocky spin off
Yuck.
>>
File: agents-of-shield-hive-goo.jpg (72 KB, 744x507) Image search: [Google]
agents-of-shield-hive-goo.jpg
72 KB, 744x507
>>81827732
>Haven't seen AoS so I can't say wether the villains are good.
Grant Ward/Hive is my favorite MCU villain. Zabo/Hyde from season 2 was also really good.

Marvel Television seems to be better at doing villains than heroes, while Marvel Studios is better at doing heroes than villains. That's the benefit of having more screentime to devote to them. Since the movies have only 2-2.5 hours to work with, they want to spend most of that time focused on the heroes and relegate the villains to comparatively minor roles. The shows have to fill out their hours per episode, which means filling that time with fleshing out the villains is pretty much necessary.
>>
>>81830131
Creed is really good, seriously.
>>
Am I the only one who actually enjoys most Marvel villains? I though Iron Monger, Abomination, Loki, Red Skull and Alexander Pierce were all effective. The truly bad ones were Whiplash, the Mandarin and Malekith. Ronan is hit-or-miss, I don't consider Justin Hammer a villain, and I haven't seen "Ant-Man" yet to pass judgement on Yellowjacket.
>>
>>81826688
To set him up for Phase 4's Thunderbolts movie.
>>
>>81830131
The best rocky movie since rocky, even after Rocky 2,3,Balboa and so-bad-its-good 4.

It's seriously a great fucking movie. My last year's favorite with Room.
>>
>>81830194
Then why is he writing capeshit now?
>>
>>81825561
Phase 4, most likely. It's all but confirmed at this point that we're going to be getting a Thunderbolts movie.
>>
>>81830257
To reach more people and get better gigs after. Look at Favreau and where he is now, doing his dream projects.
>>
>>81830257
Creed was basically his first major feature film. I'm not going to argue it all out with you, you fuck. Creed was good, especially considering it was a 7th franchise film. I'm hopeful for BP.
>>
>>81828487
>his actual scheme doesn't hold up under scrutiny and relies on a few too many coincidences
Oh God it's BvS Lex all over again.
>>
>>81830321
You haven't answered my question.
>>
>>81830257
Because $
>>
>>81830257
>Why did Kenneth Branaugh, Jon Favreau and Shane Black do capeshit? They must be miserable directors
You are fucking retarded. These movies reach a massive audience, of course an up and coming director would want one
>>
File: 139232022834.jpg (46 KB, 560x529) Image search: [Google]
139232022834.jpg
46 KB, 560x529
>>81830333
>again, Marvel plagiarizing DC, no matter the quality of the movie
>>
>>81826574
>be marvel
>have like 10 movies to set Ultron up even with subtlety
>talk about AIs controlling everything in more than 1 movie
>it's never Ultron
>Ultron mentioned for first time after opening act of movie
>conceived not a minute later and is already a bad guy
>"Age" lasts for less than a week
This was such a stupid filler movie it actually was worse than BvS. So lazy.
>>
>>81826766
Infinity War pt. 1. It's being done by the Russos and they've already said that it's following up on the events of Civil War. Considering they've also said that parts 1 and 2 are VERY different movies, it's most likely that Pt. 1 will be Avengers vs. Masters of Evil with pt. 2 being Thanos vs. Literally Everyone.
>>
>>81828487

>, his actual scheme doesn't hold up under scrutiny and relies on a few too many coincidences. (To delve deeper into those issues would get too spoilery.)

the magic trick of movies is that we get swept away and ignore that, no one complains about the Joker's plans in Dark Knight
>>
>>81830366
>writes a good movie
>fuck this, I'll write whatever sells

>>81830405
>Why did Kenneth Branaugh, Jon Favreau and Shane Black do capeshit?
Because they're washed up.
>>
>>81830437
But his plan was simple

You kill the Batman
>>
>>81830438
No he writes what ever he is paid to write.
>>
>>81830778
So fuck quality, then.
>>
Is there no Thunderbolts reference in Civil War? There's that general dude and Zemo but I don't hear anyone saying any references to Thunderbolts.
>>
>>81830340
Because he wants to, you faggot.
>>
>>81832322
Slow burn, nigga. Zemo doesn't even have his mask yet. He's just a keikakku loving German guy who hates Bucky right now. Have patience.
>>
>>81832380
There's only two k's in keikaku. And it's okay to say plan sometimes.
>>
>>81832380
are they setting him up as another Loki for MCU? Here's hoping Masters of Evil will appear on screen somehow. There's Abomination who is still alive and I guess some other villains that are still living.
>>
>>81830416
>In pt 2 the Avengers are forced to work with the Masters of Evil to stop Thanos
Would you be hype?
>>
>>81832512
I just like the phrase. Makes the idea sound more enticing.

>>81832572
That's what I'm putting my money on. MoE in IW Part 1 working for Thanos and helping to gather Infinity Stones.
>>
>>81832699
>Zemo being tsundure to Cap and Bucky
>villains and heroes talking shit to one another
I would cum
>>
>>81829948
Man Ape?
>>
>>81832741
>tsundere Zemoe in general
c-cute
>>
File: Iggy.jpg (192 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Iggy.jpg
192 KB, 768x1024
>you have to watch all the MCU movies in order to understand every one of them
>>
File: 1431551755390.jpg (58 KB, 519x375) Image search: [Google]
1431551755390.jpg
58 KB, 519x375
>>81832380
End of Doctor Strange
>Due to the climactic battle, Zemo who was just minding his own business somewhere, gets thrown into a clothing store
>winds up with a purple sock on his head
>"Say this isn't a bad look! I'll take it."

post credits scene of Thor Ragnaork
>"Helmut, this genealogist tells me the Zemos are actually aristocracy. In fact the official title is baron."

post credits scene of Captain Marvel
>"So you really want to make this team of reformed villains, Helmut? What would they even be called?"
>"I've been mulling that over to the point my head hurts. Lets just watch an old James Bond movie and chill for now."
>"Moore era?"
>"Nah, I feel like Connery tonight."
>>
These spoilers sound fairly legit:

>>>/tv/68272796

It could be worse, I guess.
>>
>>81832741
>some villains and heroes actually getting along
>>
>>81828135
If they want him to develop, maybe he starts like this so he can git gud later a and become a more threatening figure through abs and hatred.
>>
>>81832830
Evans and Wheddon's heads should be switched.
>>
>>81828423
>Til Schweiger
>capable of portraying an intelligent, threatening and deceptively charming aristocrat
Sorry, but the man can't do any of these things.
>>
>>81834021
To be fair has he ever had the chance to try?
He's getting typecasted in pretty much the same roles all the time.
>>
>>81826602
No, that was a very poorly written Helmut.
>>
>>81833895
I'd like to believe that if Brühl wasn't such a shit actor in my opinion.
>>
>>81834083
Yes. Especially in the movies he directs.
The closest he came was Inglorious Basterds. And there he hardly spoke, never emoted and died halfway through.
>>
>>81834347
I like him, actually. Not sure if he can do evil well, but I heard no complaints about his acting in this movie.
Also I am so happy they just hired a German actor instead of having someone do a shitty impression of a bad parody.
>>
>>81834940
Well they had Kreischman in Ultron.
>>
>>81836145
What a fucking waste. Fuck you, Whedon.
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.