[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what were your honest thoughts on The Looney Tunes Show, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: p8648265_b_v8_ab.jpg (188 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p8648265_b_v8_ab.jpg
188 KB, 960x1440
So what were your honest thoughts on The Looney Tunes Show, /co/?
>>
It was okay.

Could have been MUCH better.
>>
I liked link related. Some gags were pretty good, but it had nothing on the original Looney Tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_hcwB8i64
>>
i felt weirdly like Bugs and Daffy had a sex thing going on
>>
>>81753772

It was pretty much Seinfeld, except somehow less engaging despite the colorful talking animals.
>>
First season was gr8, but the second season SUCKED
>>
As far as Looney Tunes spinoff things go I think it was actually really good, once you get past the fact that it's deliberately not trying to be like the shorts at all.

Especially liked Daffy's characterization and how there was some mild continuity. Guess you could say he was overused compared to everyone else, but most of the time it felt like he was intended to be the real protagonist so it didn't bother me much. The other main characters and their interactions usually worked well too.

The side things like the Road Runner shorts and most of the songs were pretty eh, but I was surprised in a good way by the quality of the main show.
>>
Loved it.
>>
Really boring.

Explaining it the best I can, the show repeatedly used the characters' personality traits as the jokes running the series instead of writing jokes, i.e. Daffy going on a tangent on how responsible he is and then does something irresponsible right after (every episode because Daffy has most of the lines in the series).
>>
>>81757943
and then he says that he shouldn't have been given so many responsibilities. I forgot to add that last part
>>
File: 1458720120592.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458720120592.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
I liked it
>>
>>81755632
It wasn't just boring, it was depressing to see these larger-than-life cartoon characters trapped in a parody of boring "real life" and forced to act like regular people.
It was like seeing party animals defeated by responsibility and forced to live like squares, but worse, because Bugs Bunny doesn't ever have to outgrow being Bugs Bunny.
>>
File: Cecil_&_Bugs_-_Customer_Service.png (162 KB, 604x313) Image search: [Google]
Cecil_&_Bugs_-_Customer_Service.png
162 KB, 604x313
>>81753772
Bugs was hot as a Barista
>>
>>81753772
I liked it but I remember a lot of people on /co/ didn't agree with me back when it aired.
>>
File: lola bugs.jpg (197 KB, 1272x714) Image search: [Google]
lola bugs.jpg
197 KB, 1272x714
it also had the best version of Lola.
>>
File: Tina_-_Year_of_the_Duck.png (248 KB, 640x346) Image search: [Google]
Tina_-_Year_of_the_Duck.png
248 KB, 640x346
Show had so much fapbait.
>>
>>81753772
It was okay, but it started the trend of Bugs Bunny being the normal boring guy that's seen in Wabbit now
>>
Loved it. It was well written, and actually funny
>>
File: 1554.jpg (13 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
1554.jpg
13 KB, 180x280
>>81758494
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.