[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate this movie again? It's pretty good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12
File: secret wars trailer.jpg (3 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
secret wars trailer.jpg
3 MB, 2048x1152
Why do people hate this movie again?
It's pretty good.
>>
Lame one off villain once again
Not much Iron Man for an Iron Man movie
Annoying sub plot with a useless Disney child character
Did I mention shit villains?

That being said hate is a strong word, I'll watch it every now and again but it definitely isn't what i'd call a success...6/10 at best
>>
No fun allowed.

>>81726198
>Not much Iron Man for an Iron Man movie
I think the entire point of the movie was that it's the man, not the machine.
Not that it was subtle at all, but the scenes where he was fighting without the suit were the best parts.
>>
It has zero impact on the universe as a whole. Events of the movie have never been mentioned since. With Rhodey going back to War Machine instead of being the Iron Patriot I get the feeling they just want to sweep Iron Man 3 under the rug.
>>
As a movie, I think it's just okay. Better than the first Thor and Hulk.

As a part of Tony's story, it's good, and adds a lot to his character. Closes an arch of being a super hero to become something more.
>>
>comfy christmas atmosphere
>tony out of the suit for most of the film
>shane black story complete with buddy cop third act
>comfy bookended narration

I literally put it up there with the original as one of the best MCU films. Unlike Boring Man 2.
>>
>>81726441
There was no reason to though. It did exceptionally well compared to the last one.

Whedon was simply being an uncooperative shithead at the time.
>>
>>81726198
>I've never read Michellinie/Layton's seminal run
>>
>>81726109
That stupid Mandarin tweest.
>>
>>81726478
>>shane black story complete with buddy cop third act

How the fuck does making Iron man of all characters a buddy cop story make it a good thing?

>comfy bookended narration
>comfy
Comfy doesn't make something good.
>>
>>81726514
What's your point? As much as you can imply this movie has anything to do with any comic anybody can say it doesn't lol.
>>
>>81726265
Agreed with this. Tony working around not having his suits was good. The Mandarin twist was good.

Killian was shit, the kid was boring, and the excuse at the beginning for why Iron Man couldn't just use his good suits was also shit.

That scene where he saves the people falling out of the plane was better capekino than anything Superman has done in years. Then a second later his suit falls apart after being hit by a truck. Embarrassing.
>>
>>81726586
High comfort level is inherently good. Especially in the context of a christmas movie.
>>
>>81726586
>Comfy doesn't make something good.

It does for faggots who migrated here from Tumblr and Reddit. I'm not even one of those people who "#hatecomfy". I like "comfy" in my children's cartoons, not in what are supposed to be action movies.
>>
>>81726265
>I think the entire point of the movie was that it's the man, not the machine.
Except it is the machine. It's been the machine ever since he made the machine, and started reflecting bullets and barbecuing terrorists. And then he went back to Afghanistan in a better machine, and saved a village, and used the machine to instantly snipe more terrorists, leaving the hostages unharmed. Iron Man is at his best when he's using his suit to do cool, clever things, and it's all fine to say "Well, let's make him rely on his wits and have to be resourceful again!" But actually do it. Have him make something cool, not just a repulsor gun and some forgettable spy gadgets and unconvincing physical combat with a manlet lead male.
>>
>>81726632
>capekino

kill yourself cancer
>>
File: One Face Man.jpg (41 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
One Face Man.jpg
41 KB, 540x527
It's MCU, /co/ is contractually obligated to hate it.
>>
I mean, it's a well directed movie, but it's not much of an Iron Man movie and they really shit the bed with the villains.
>>
>>81726109
I hated this movie the first time i saw it.
then i got over the mandarin twist and realized i didnt give a shit about the character and I honestly love this movie now. More than the first one really.

The only low point for me is the end. I wish he had to finish it in just his own rebuilt suit and didnt have the convenient iron army with him. And i thought the 'oh look pepper is super strong now' gag was a bit corny.
>>
>>81726198
>Lame one off villain once again
He grows on you, though he is not impressive like, well, no MCU villain ever has been impressive.
Actually, Killian is the most interesting Iron Man villain so far, maybe the most interesting MCU villain.

What do you mean? You wanted even more of Tony in his suit even if it didn't connect to anything?

>Annoying sub plot with a useless Disney child character
He is pretty useful, you know. And that subplot was necessary, how else would Tony repair his suit and confirm that war veterans were being used by Killian?
Just activate the suits in his basement? After the attack? He needed to stay silent and save those in case he had to fight back.

>Did I mention shit villains?
Having the Mandarin being real could've been nice but you have to remember that the MCU doesn't do magic ever. Fucking Thor is a futuristic He-Man shit civilization where the goddamn flying ships are mechanical.

>>81726586
>How the fuck does making Iron man of all characters a buddy cop story make it a good thing?
carlthecuck.jpg
>>
>>81726109
Like half of it is good, the other is from meh to awful.

Iron Man II is the best Iron Man
>>
The MCU doesn't have a single bad film. It just so happens that Iron Man 2 is the least enjoyable. But's it's also the one with Sam Rockwell and the only MCU film where Black Widow is done correctly.
>>
>>81726663
Nope, it's the man. It was the man ever since Obadiah had an even better machine and a much better power source and got outplayed.
>>
>>81726734
>The MCU doesn't have a single bad film.
It doesn't have a single great one either. The MCU is the definition of average.
>>
I found it a little dry and the kid was annoying at points.

It kinda felt more like it was 'going through the motions' than any other marvel film IMO. It doesn't exist to bring anything new to the table except for a little bit of superficial Stark character development.

Also as has been said a million times, the ending was dumb for two reasons:
>There were a thousand instances where being able to summon ALL of his suits would have been very very useful, it was simply there to provide a big, dumb (and admittedly fun) fight at the end
>He blows all his suits and seems to basically swear off Iron Man, this looks like a big development but then nothing comes of it. Same with Pepper now having powers.

I think it would have been nice to have a short arc where Stark actually sticks to what he said. Maybe we could get a Winter Soldier-style movie where he's trying to just get on with his life as a family/company man and put the heroics behind him but something forces him back and he spends the film doing everything he can to NOT use an iron man suit until right at the end (where he uses one of the old 'iconic' suits for some reason maybe?)

I think they missed a lot of potential which is a shame.
>>
>>81726722
WOW i didn't know we were at this point

iron man 2 is trash
>>
>>81726787
If you don't care about the source material, I'm sure that's true.
>>
>>81726663
Yeah, dude, no.
You think having veterans being blown up is something Tony would want to do again? Is that a cool, clever thing?
You missed the point of the movie even if they fucking spell it out for you at the beginning of the movie.

>>81726734
Winter Soldier.
>>
>>81726478
>>comfy christmas atmosphere
That was shallow as fuck, just a couple of songs and character mentionning it's Christmas.
Not even Christmas decorations anywhere, it's only a "Christmas movie" because of its release date.
>>
>>81726812
Brubaker's Cap is one of my favorite runs in comics. Winter Soldier was a pretty shit adaptation of it.

>b-but muh cool CQC action sequences

That doesn't make a film great.
>>
>>81726798
blame the lack of carryover on whedon, not black

iron man 3 is a good, self contained story about tony trying to get over his shellshock from new york. it's on whedon for not taking those threads and making anything fgood out of it.
>>
>>81726810
We aren't at that point. Ignore him
>>
>>81726821
>Winter Soldier.

I hope you're not trying to seriously imply that Winter Soldier isn't in the top 2 MCU films.
>>
>first half shows a threatening villain Mandarin we've all been waiting for since 10 rings symbols in the first Iron Man
>lmao no he's an actor XDD :)))))))))))))))))
>here's also this annoying fucking kid

>>>>>>>>/trash/
>>
>>81726637
Just because the story take place during christmas doesn't make it a christmas movie.

By that logic BvS is a day of the dead movie.
>>
>>81726734
>The MCU doesn't have a single bad film.

It has very few good films. Cap 1 and 2, Hulk, Avengers, Iron Man

Everything else is pretty fucking shit to everyone but shills like you, soccer moms, and 10 year olds
>>
>>81726810
>>81726857
kill yourself IM3 apologist
>>
>>81726869
>Implying BvS isn't a Day of the Dead movie.
>>
>>81726717
>Actually, Killian is the most interesting Iron Man villain so far
I agree. I thought he was charismatic as all hell and despite being another evil white business man iron man villain he had the absolute best villain monologues in almost any of the mcu movies.
>>
>>81726632
I thought Killian was okay but the whole Extremis shit felt stupid and looked terrible.
They still get bonus points for not having the villain yet another guy in an armor.
>>
Idk about you guys but the part where he had an anxiety attack hit close to home. The way he thoight it was a heart attack or a medical issue is exactly how it felt and still feels to me.

He got over it pretty quick but he is a superhero.
>>
>>81726734
2 had an awful lot of good, fun, dumb scenes. You had war machine for the first time, the hammer drones were cool, whiplash's design was cool. It was the corniest popcorn film of the setting which isn't in of itself a bad thing.

>>81726787
I dont think you believe that, anon.
>>
>>81726892
I'm actually all 3, faggot.
>>
>>81726869
You mean an Easter/Black Friday or whatever the Friday before Easter is called movie

>>81726866
Pretty sure he was replying to the black widow thing
>>
>>81726897
at least try to be more subtle :]
>>
>>81726917
I kinda liked Justin Hammer too, though that may just be me.
>>
>>81726916
I went through a period where I had anxiety attacks a lot. It literally feels like you're about to die. That's the only way I can explain it to people.
>>
>>81726867
>he thinks adding XD to a greentext is an argument

Lel. Fuck the mandarin.
>>
Why I didn't like this movie..

>Too much Tony. We already know he's smart. He built the damn suit. Why do we need a showcase of how smart he is?
>Child characters can easily make movies worse and this was not an exception.
>Weak villain
>Mandarin twist amplified the weak villain problem. Killian being a high level mook working for this ominous international terrorist was more interesting than the facade. Also felt like a waste of Ben Kingsley. I guess I can't say this enough. The twist isn't a problem if Killian is a better villain.
>>
>>81726936
Good Friday
>>
>>81726821
>You missed the point of the movie even if they fucking spell it out for you at the beginning of the movie.
He literally said he would shut down the weapons manufacturing arm of his company, and chose to go in as a more responsible weapon, so he could save people in dangerous areas, instead of just bombing the whole place. It's you that missed the point of the entire movie. The machine was incredibly important, and part of the reason the movie was so satisfying, because of the statement that made.
>You think having veterans being blown up is something Tony would want to do again? Is that a cool, clever thing?
You're literally saying nonsense.
>>
>>81726717
>you have to remember that the MCU doesn't do magic ever
Fuck off with this meme. Pretty sure Mandarin's powers in comics are some alien tech anyway.
>>
>>81726966
fuk u autist
>>
There are a lot of good parts to IM3 and I like it a lot more than IM2 in terms of what the story is trying to accomplish.

>Good Parts
The Mandarin twist. At the heart of it, the twist was really really pulled off well. It could have been used a bit more seriously but the idea that the trailers and previews and everything was setting him up to be this middle eastern terror extension of the Ten Rings from IM1 is a great analogy to the yellow peril caricature that was the original Mandarin.

For the most part, almost everything Tony related. Tony's assault on Trevor's mansion using random gizmos he mcgyvered together. His final fight. The very real problem of post-NY PTSD and the start of his savior complex.

>Bad Parts
The Christmas theme? I don't know what was up with all the Christmas related stuff. Him armoring up to a Christmas song. The whole middle act where he adopts some little brother and goes around in some rinky dink snow town. The fireworks in the end. What the hell was up with that?

The conclusion to the final fight. Wow what a completely completely horrible way to use Pepper. It's just lame.

Killian as the real villain. I actually do like that AIM is the real villain but nothing about them is well-defined. Even the way extremis was used is just so generic. Killian was just so bland while his IM1 counterpart Obadiah was considerably more personable.

I think if they just had used the middle act to better develop AIM and used Pepper better in general, the movie would have at least placed solidly around Cap 1.
>>
>>81726441
>Marvel movies are dragged down by interconnectivity
>MCU movies that don't have an impact on the universe are bad

Not that these criticisms are always made by the same people, but the contradiction annoys me
>>
>>81726798
>There were a thousand instances where being able to summon ALL of his suits would have been very very useful
While he is away from home and pursued by a terrorist army with no information on their full strength?
Sure. Why doesn't he kill himself while he is at it? Revealing his trump card inmediately after the attack sounds like a fucking brilliant plan.

>>81726866
Not at all. It did Black Widow correctly.

>>81726869
>By that logic BvS is a day of the dead movie.
If the imagery didn't gave it away maybe its rating will.
>>
>>81726936
Hilarious. She's ugly asf in that movie.
>>
>>81726663
The machine is just a tool. A weapon. Tony is what makes it work and his genius is what matters.
>>
>>81726782
>Obadiah had an even better machine and a much better power source and got outplayed.
But he didn't. He had a big, slow tank of a machine, because he valued firepower, and got outplayed by a mix of Tony's resourcefulness, and his different priorities when building the suit.
>>
>>81726892
>Avengers
>no mention of Ant-Man
This board sometimes.
>>
>>81726917
>>81726956
justin hammer dancing his sam rockwell dance up to the podium? loved it
justin hammer straight up improv-ing dialog about guns to rhodes? excellent
black widow's hallway scene where she fucks up a bunch of dudes and maces the last one? great

it's a fun movie, but not a great one
>>
>>81727007
> I don't know what was up with all the Christmas related stuff.

Isn't Christmas Shane Black's thing? I think a bunch of his movies take place during Christmas. I couldn't tell you why, though.
>>
>>81726901
>he had the absolute best villain monologues

refresh my memory
>>
>>81726917
>I dont think you believe that, anon.
It's got a couple very good movies(Iron Man, Winter Soldier, GotG), a few piles of shit(both Thors, Iron Man 2, AoU) and a bunch of average forgettable blockbusters(the rest).
>>
>>81726956
I think he made for a nice foil to Stark's character. There wasn't a huge amount to him, but he worked well as 'the other entrepreneur'. A manlet who's personality comes from self-help books.

He was the Jeb Bush to Tony's Donald Trump.
>>
>>81727005
>Mad about his yellow peril villain

Youre the autist here pal
>>
>>81726854
>blame the lack of carryover on whedon, not black
Whedon was even a creative consultant in IM3. But Feige also deserves some of the blame.
>>
>>81727007
>The Christmas theme? I don't know what was up with all the Christmas related stuff.
That's a Shane Black thing. All of his movies take place during Christmas.
>>
>>81726970
>The twist isn't a problem if Killian is a better villain.

This right here
>>
>>81727051
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLbQ3oswB0
His bit about anonymity and the like when hes talking to tony as hes tied up. With the amazing fucking line 'Anyway, the point is, ever since that big dude with a hammer fell out of the sky, subtlety's kinda had its day. '
>>
>>81727063
Justin Hammer is a WASTE
>>
>>81726989
>It's you that missed the point of the entire movie. The machine was incredibly important, and part of the reason the movie was so satisfying, because of the statement that made.
You sound like those guys that get legit heart attacks from missing the signal on their phones.

>You're literally saying nonsense.
Who do you think he was fighting against?
>>
>>81726917
>the hammer drones were cool
/co/ doesn't like faceless armies.
>>
>>81726632
But getting hit by the truck just went to show Tony as even more capable because he was flying it remotely while ALSO heading to the bad guy hide out. It was Iron Man as fuck.

The house party thing was bullshit though. Unforgivable.
>>
>>81727032
His genius in IM3 sucked though. That was my point. He made uninteresting machines.
>>
>>81726997
>meme
I'm sure the technoblubber on Scarlet Witch's powers will come eventually.
>>
>>81727114
Ugh he was. Both Sam rockwell and mickey rourke were great with any bit of material they were given. but man they werent given a very good story to work with.
It's fucked up because Favrau is a competent director. But that entire movie really fell to the wayside due to an utterly weak script.
>>
>>81726970
Honestly this is one of the rare cases where the kid didn't bother me. Probably because he was sort of just along for the ride and the plot wasn't about him at all, and also because the actor was decent.

>Also felt like a waste of Ben Kingsley.
I don't agree, you get to see him play 2 roles and he pulls them off both.
>>
>>81727216
It's because Feige wanted an Avengers prequel and meddled like crazy. Favreau was publicly pissed about it and left because of the executive meddling.
>>
>>81726109
Iron Man 3 > The Dark Knight Rises
>>
>>81727136
>You sound like those guys that get legit heart attacks from missing the signal on their phones.
Missing the what?
>Who do you think he was fighting against?
He was fighting the same terrorists he fought againt before, but now with a care about who got caught in the crossfire, and against a man who used his genius without regard for other people, and only for profit.
>>
>>81727037
His machine was stronger and more heavily armed, and didn't really seem much slower. You're also ignoring the fact that he had the better power source.Tony certainly didn't win by being faster than him.
>>
>>81727179
Yes meme, only people who don't read comics complain about that shit.
>>
>>81727112
>evil business man number 200
>spits fire, LOL
>better than an old martial arts master with unique super powers

Fuck off idiot
>>
>>81727292
I loved Iron Man 3 but man you are so wrong
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81727171
it's almost like he wasn't thinking at full capacity because of his stress

something that he might need to work out by spending time outside of the suit, going back to basics

hmmm
>>
>>81726997
This. The Mandarin's had all sorts of nonsense attached to him over the years, but he is tech-based at his core. The rings are not magic and never have been. The Mandarin is a scientist, not a wizard. His dumbass robes are his posturing at nobility. It's functionally the same as Zemo draping himself in purple, gold, and ermine.
>>
>>81727321
yes you're right, current killian is worse than old mandarin

that's what we all agree on
>>
>>81727216
this is a random tip to everyone, but you want to see a good favreau movie?

watch chef
>>
>>81727325
TDKR was complete shit though. Not even that guy.
>>
File: iron man 3 leaves.gif (444 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
iron man 3 leaves.gif
444 KB, 245x180
>>81726109
'Cause we're connected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex0PDHGCj-M
>>
>>81727007
>The Christmas theme? I don't know what was up with all the Christmas related stuff. Him armoring up to a Christmas song. The whole middle act where he adopts some little brother and goes around in some rinky dink snow town. The fireworks in the end. What the hell was up with that?
Movie was released around Chriustmas so they shallowly disguised it as a Christmas movie because audiences are fags who will like the movie more for it.
>>
>>81727333
You keep explaining the basics of the movie, as if I just didn't "get it", but it's not that it didn't make sense to me, it's that it didn't work well.
>>
>>81727321
Learn some reading comprehension before you call others idiots m8
>>
File: I am this mad.png (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
I am this mad.png
3 MB, 1920x800
Gave up at about this point.

I don't care if it's "like that in the comic books" this is just fucking dumb
>>
>>81727386
then you're beyond help, friend :-)
>>
>>81727369
I remember seeing it in theaters and I'm pretty damn sure it came out in Spring, like April or some shit
>>
File: aldri.png (859 KB, 1278x800) Image search: [Google]
aldri.png
859 KB, 1278x800
>>81727421
>I AM FIN FANG FOOM
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>81727321
Who cares?
Magic chinaman villain says jackshit about anything. Killian and his war on terror stuff is way more interesting.
>>
>>81726441
>It has zero impact on the universe as a whole

Does it have to in order to be a good movie?
Is that the only reason you watch the movies? Is if there's a big dumb world-ending threat to appease the retards watching for their summer movie fix?
>>
>>81727432
Or I just don't like mediocre action films.
>>
>>81726109
Movie was fine. I actually enjoyed it for being one of the more serious Iron Man stories. Twist didn't bother me and i understood the premise unlike a lot of people. The main complaint for this movie is that Iron man is barely in it....which is fucking stupid because the whole plot was about TONY STARK = IRON MAN not SUIT = IRON MAN. So when i hear that complaint its obvious they didn't pay attention to the movie and just wanted some dumb Iron Man 2 like action scenes with no purpose.

The thing that bothered me was the fake Pepper death, Pepper using the suit (after Tony specifically said they're only coded to him) making 'The Mandarin' look like a bitch, and the fact he never called any of his suits to his location, even after getting the main one working.

But this movie does have my favorite Iron Man sequence yet. Him blasting the guy through the chest with the arc reactor was great. I'd been waiting to see that.
>>
>>81727421
It's not like that in the comic books. In the comic books he's an alien dragon.
>>
I think the most amazing thing that IM2 did was have a twist that no one (or at least very few people) saw through.
>>
>>81727421
You were ok with him being on fire but not ok with fire breath? May I ask why?
>>
>>81727463
continuityfags are ruining movies now too.
>>
>>81727159
>house party
Why? Because Tony makes an ass of himself?
People here always complain that they don't show the bad consequences of Tony being an alcoholic, well here is one. Sure it's not him pathetically nursing a hangover with liquor instead of saving lives, but it's a step.
>>
>>81727472
Sure, that's what it is :^)
>>
>>81727503
house party protocol = control all suits at once, ending setpiece of IM3
>>
>>81727302
Tony outsmarted him. His suit was built better obviously but Tony just outsmarted him in battle.
>>
>>81727421
During this scene it went like this:
>"BWAAA!!"
Grown-ups: "Really?"
Kids: "That was so cool!
>>
>>81727510
:^)
>>
>>81727478
I wasn't fine with either, that was the final straw.

>>81727474
Sounds way cooler.
>>
>>81727473
>and the fact he never called any of his suits to his location, even after getting the main one working.
I'll say this again: it wouldn't be a good strategic decision.
Killian's guys could just go blow up the remaining suits if he gave away their location by launching some.
>>
>>81727159
No I meant the fact that his suit was weak enough to be 1HKO'd by a truck, not that it got hit.

Also did everyone forget that the house party suits were buried in rubble up until the end and that's why he couldn't call them? I mean that justification is pretty weak and all but they did pay it lip service.
>>
>>81727503
>People here always complain that they don't show the bad consequences of Tony being an alcoholic
>what is middle of Iron Man 2
>>
>>81727531
Yeah, that was my point
>>
>>81727321
>Mandarin
>martial arts master
Not really though, the mostly sits, stands and waves his arms around. At least from what I read.
Not saying he couldn't have been a good villain (at least because of his powrs), but most people who complain obviously haven't read much Iron Man.
>>
>>81727529
yea that was BS. The sad part was there was a number of ways they could've fixed that HUGE plot hole had they just put some effort into it.
>>
>>81727476
What twist?
>>
>>81727560
>No I meant the fact that his suit was weak enough to be 1HKO'd by a truck, not that it got hit.

Stark made those suits super fast. He was more concerned with creating a tool that would supposedly come in handy later than crafting a refined and durable invention.
>>
>>81727348
>It's functionally the same as Zemo draping himself in purple, gold, and ermine.
Fuck I never really realized that about Zemo. I'm an idiot.
>>
What makes a good MCU villain?
>>
File: finfangfoomclone1[1].jpg (61 KB, 366x500) Image search: [Google]
finfangfoomclone1[1].jpg
61 KB, 366x500
>>81727448
Why does a dragon need pants?

Now people are just gonna wonder what's under them, this is actually worse than just nothing.
>>
>>81727436
Stupid assumption on my part. It's even more retarded then.
>>
>>81727555
It would be smarter than running around without a suit. I dont think Killian's guys could've took all those suits at any point. They weren't exactly having a problem at the final battle and Tony did just fine escaping without a suit to begin with.
>>
>>81727595
he's a chinese businessman who can fight hand-to-hand and uses his rings to manipulate people
>>
>>81727632
It's still a fucking ironman suit and that one was supposed to be the movie's main suit. How the fuck would it come in handy if one truck going the speed limit can knock it completely loose?
>>
>>81726198
>That being said hate is a strong word, I'll watch it every now and again but it definitely isn't what i'd call a success...6/10 at best
>>
>>81726109
the entire conflict of the movie was that the suit ran out of power

he literally has near infinite power in his chest, which was the entire point of the previous movie
>>
File: YKvw5iV.png (1 MB, 598x936) Image search: [Google]
YKvw5iV.png
1 MB, 598x936
>>81727595
Nah hes pretty bad ass all his own.
It's just like Dr. Doom though. He doesn't often go hand to hand.
>>
>>81727474
Wait what the fuck, Killian was Fin Fang Foom? How?
>>
IM3 is a fanfic like JJ's Force Awakens
>>
>>81727676
The suit only lasted that much because they took them by surprise and had some terrain advantage.
All through the movie Killian's guys were melting and breaking the suits like nothing and Tony needed most of them to win in the final battle.
>>
>>81727731
I think we have well established at this point that Shane Black has no concept of what makes an Iron Man movie work.
>>
>>81726441

The first part of AoS dealt with Extremis a bit... I think... I don't remember or really care too.
>>
>>81727529
Oooooh, right. I thought they meant that part where he pees himself in the suit, which was at a party at his house.

>>81727579
That's what I meant, yeah, but some people apparently got triggered by that scene, so I thought that's what they were reffering to.
>>
>>81727560
Wasn't the main justification that Jarvis wasn't really functiunnal for most of the movie?
>>
>>81727667
Well for me my personal fav Marvel villains:

Loki
>Has backstory, has clear motives, isn't one note, isn't killed off, is actually a threat one way or another.

Abomination
>Say what you want but he's underrated. He's a simple villain, obsessive over Hulk and power but he worked well and wasn't a pushover.

Yellowjacket
>He has a backstory (although rushed), he had motives and he was interesting. Also him becoming insane was done well. I hope he's not dead.

Obadiah Stane
>Perfect business man enemy if i've ever seen one.

Winter Soldier
>Ruthless, silent, stalking, and doesn't over stay his welcome. People complain about his minor screen time but that made him good. It made every scene he appeared in gain tension.
>>
>>81727724
because it's goal was remote control, not durability

you think igor comes apart at the seams if a truck taps it? no, because it's made to be sturdy
>>
>>81727386

>it's that it didn't work well.

For you, of course. Just say you didn't like it, not that you "supposedly know what would've worked" cause that's how you saound.
>>
>>81727739
what comic? looks rad
>>
>>81727775
there's even a part of the movie where Iron Man is carrying around a car battery to power the suit

everyone that was a part of this movie must have been in full retard mode
>>
>>81727826
That and also rubble. He got Jarvis back up and running before he went to the plane
>>
>>81727724
The Mark 42 was created to split apart into pieces. Like that suit Jarvis uses during the last battle and the Hulkbuster armor in AoU.

And you didn't find this moment pretty cool?

https://youtu.be/172sGt9Nm80?t=82

STARK EXPERIENCE!
>>
>>81727829
>Yellowjacket
> I hope he's not dead.

Sure he got shrunk down into the microverse but before that he was getting crushed and mangled by his suit
>>
>>81727739
Reminder that the Mandarin would've been a weak ass villain if they went with him being real.
>>
>>81727829
>Yellowjacket
>Stane
>WS
>no Ultron
Into the trash.
>>
>>81726109
Only thing I liked was Tony Stark in the film. The rest has been a bit of a rehash with extra twists and supporting characters.
>>
>>81727724
Didn't they subtlety explain that because he was overworking himself his suits were becoming less durable?

You could also say the suits are way more lightweight and smaller than the early marks.

Also the main suit was a suit bult for easy action and quick assembly not war so i guess it would make more sense for it to rip apart if no one's in it.

But then again i really didn't like that gag too much either. It was very Iron-Man like but it kinda killed the tension of the airplane scene whenever i watch it again.
>>
>>81727555
>>81727676
>>81727766

They were in Tony's basement with tons of a destroyed Tomy's house on it. JARVIS even says the suits are now ready to go free and there's a scene showing the last bit of rock being removed and the suits getting out.
>>
>>81727947
Ultron was shit. Almost as bad as Elfguy.
>>
>>81727905
>The Mark 42 was created to split apart into pieces.

And the pieces weren't able to keep going after the collision? Also what happens to the person inside it it comes apart at the seams due to a love tap?

>>81727845
The Mark 3 was made in a matter of hours, as far as we can see is made of the same materials as the mark 42 and just as thick and heavily armored, and yet can survive tank cannons and I'm pretty sure even gets hit by a car in the final battle. I would expect the Mark 42 to be almost as durable and I would expect Igor to be far more durable.
>>
>>81727947
I actually liked Ultron a lot more than a lot of people but he wasn't a favorite Villain of mine. He was good imo.
>>
>>81728004
He was great, fuck off.
>>
>>81727877
>first arc reactor made in a cave is said to be a million times more powerful than a car battery
>second arc reactor is much more powerful and longer lasting than the first

Even assuming he never upgraded the power output of his reactors again, recharging the suit with a car battery was dumb as fuck
>>
>>81728076
wew /tv/ memes weren't wrong
>>
>>81727999
You're suggesting the combined power of all the suits couldn't get through the rubble? Or that none of the suits had lasers that could cut through?
>>
>>81727947
Yellowjacket was better at being Ultron than Ultron was
>>
>>81728004
He was no where near as bad as Elfguy.
>>
>>81728004
>>81728153

Who the fuck is Elfguy?
>>
File: 1421244921097.png (233 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1421244921097.png
233 KB, 393x391
>>81727367
>Every time

I can get the plot failings, but the film is so funny I'm willing to forgive a lot and just enjoy it as a comedy.
>>
>>81726109
It's alright untill the the last third of the movie.Then it just falls apart into a mess. That and the new suit being tissue paper. I think they used the same "armor takes a hit, comically falls to pieces" bit four or five times.
>>
>>81728109
>spouts "Ulron was shit" because /tv/ told him quips are the worst thing there could be in a cape movie
>le /tv/ memes
wew, lad
>>
>>81726109
Dropped plot threads everywhere, utter rehash, endless quipping, shit villain, shit resolution that the next film ignores entirely. 2/10 movie at best, possibly the worst the MCU has to offer.
>>
>>81728187
Ultron's plan was fucking retarded and he could not deal actual harm for shit.
The only reason FastSlav died was because Whedon wanted to kill someone each Avengers movie but doesn't have the balls, because he doesn't have any in general, to kill someone important.
>>
>>81726109
Is that the place Deadpool was staying in, the one with the blind black lady?
>>
>>81728236
>the Avengers' Quinjet was a more dangerous combatant than Ultron was
>>
>>81728127
Ultron's daddy issues aren't "I'll prove to my daddy I can do the exact same thing as him so that he accepts me as his son", except if he's in a redemption arc, and their daddy isues are really all they have in common.
>>
>>81726198

throughout the entire Marvel run I've been complaining about "weak antagonist syndrome" where it seems there can't be a credible threat as it makes the heroes look weak. I mean for fucks sake, the foes require hand contact, vs suits that can fly and gun down on them. The horse shit with Mandarin too. FML.

This is why I'm so forgiving of MOS. For the first time since Hulk vs Abomination, I felt the hero was in jeopardy.
>>
For the whole Age of Ultron story, I thought that it'd be this huge takeover where he'd control every piece of tech and put the entire world hostage, in order to "protect it".
I was hoping for like a JLU "Starcrossed" type of situation. I guess that'd be too similar to Days of Future Past and the plot would be hard to wrap up.
>>
File: mcu shyguys.jpg (58 KB, 625x309) Image search: [Google]
mcu shyguys.jpg
58 KB, 625x309
>>81728174
pic

>>81728263
Name a single character Ultron, or any of his drones, killed himself.
>>
>>81728277
Point still stands tho. I wasn't saying Yellowjacket was the perfect Ultron or even a good one. Just that he was better.
>>
>>81728300
>I felt the hero was in jeopardy.
Really. I mean he was pounded endlessly and didnt look any the worse for ware. He didn't bleed or bruise or even have mussed hair. He got hit over and over but I never felt like he could die at any moment.
>>
>>81728300
Killian broke every suit Tony used. What are you talking about?
>>
>>81728300
Winter Soldier seemed like a match for Cap. Ronan was stronk as fuck but I guess the dance off undercuts that.
>>
>>81728236
He cut a guy's arm like it was nothing.
Is a villain only threatening if he actually kills a protagonist? What kind of bs is that? Seriously what villain "deals actual harm", this seems double-standards as fuck.

Are you complaining that Ultron wasn't used as basically another Iron Man villain, punching shit and shooting lasers? Because that's really not what makes Ultron interesting.
>>
>>81728327
He wasn't though.
>>
>>81728381
But Ultron did kill a hero and he could only do so while piloting a jet. The jet was a bigger threat to the team than Ultron.
>>
>>81728413
Yep
>>
>>81728300
>This is why I'm so forgiving of MOS. For the first time since Hulk vs Abomination, I felt the hero was in jeopardy.
Pffhaha really? You mean the guy who doesn't bleed, gets dirty or even gets his hair messed up while getting thrown through buildings for 15 minutes? And who ended the fight as soon as he decided he had to kill the antagonist?
>>
>>81728322

>Name a single character Ultron, or any of his drones, killed himself.

He didn't, but he didn't need to. He was going to kill everything living with a fucking meteor the Avengers destroyed seconds before it did.

I'd say Ultron was the only villain that almost won.
>>
>>81728463
> You mean the guy who doesn't bleed

HE WILL
>>
>>81728322
>Name a single character Ultron, or any of his drones, killed himself.
List all deaths of named characters caused by cape villains. Go on, it's a pretty damn short list.
>>
>>81728485
Well meme'd my friend
I like the joke and all but c'mon man
>>
>>81728381
As cool as Ultron is as a concept, he is lame as shit because he is one of the few characters that can effectively reduced to MUH without missing anything.
>MUH DAD
>MUH ROBOTS

Also, the drones died to rubble. They were weak as dry shit.

>>81728483
>He was going to kill everything living with a fucking meteor the Avengers destroyed seconds before it did.
Yeah. That single block was going to destroy everything.
>>
>>81728419

>the gun was a bigger threat than the guy who shot it

Goddamit anon.
>>
>>81728499
bullshit that post set him up. he had every right to toss that out there it would have been a crime if he didnt.
>>
>>81728489
Joker has a pretty long list.
>>
>>81728346

but with the world engine, faora, and zod, I felt he could lose. The world could suffer. It DID suffer

>>81728351

Because the fight was piss poorly done

>>81728380

THIS! It wasn't until Winter Soldier that I started liking superhero movies again. Cpt America 2 was a brilliant spy/espionage flick that happened to have superheroes in it. Same with Ant Man. Was a great heist movie that featured super powers.
>>
>>81728419
>Loki uses a scepter to kill Coulson
>lol that scepter is more dangerous than Loki
That's a retarded and you know it.
>>
>>81728512

>single block

It was an entire city. And the movie stated it would cause global extinction if not destroyed, not me.
>>
>>81726109
Because the plot makes no sense. Also Tony Stark as a person is nothing but a stupid twat the entire movie. I could not wrap my brain around the stupidity.
>>
>>81728532

>and that person comes back in the tv show AOS.
>>
>>81728532
Ultron didn't need to use the plane, though.
He is more dangerous than any Iron Man suit and yet he needs to use a fucking plane to shoot for him.
>>
>>81728516
Was ultron especially good at piloting the quinjet? Or could literally anyone else piloting the quinjet at that moment have done the same thing?

You can't say some random person could take, say, Hawkeye's bow and match his kill count with it.
>>
>>81728527
In movies? No.
Pretty sure he doesn't kill any named character in either movie he appears in.
>>
>>81728530
>but with the world engine, faora, and zod, I felt he could lose. The world could suffer. It DID suffer
See thats where it lost me.
The logic of the situation was there. If superman fails everyone dies. but he struggled under the world engine for a good few seconds and pop its busted. But besides that the movie and how it was framed never put real emphasis on the damage being done to the world. So for all the world suffered it was just cool background radiation for two invulnerable guys beating on each other for a few minutes. The only moment where there seemed to be real peril was the last bit with the family about to be incinerated. And of course that was there to manufacture a solid reason for the whole break neck thing.
>>
>>81728578
Didn't he kill that bulldog in TDK?
>>
>>81728532
See

>>81728574
Some random guy with a scepter would have got shot by coulson since they wouldn't have illusion shenanigans to pull. So yes, loki using the scepter to kill is way more impressive than Ultron using the jet
>>
>>81728578
Muh rachel
Commissioner Loeb
and technically the judge had a name
>>
>>81728512
If a meteor that size hit Earth we'd be fucked. Ultron built a Vibranium Meteor. His plan was fine. He didn't want to kill people 1 by one because he didn't see himself as a villain. He wanted to be a hero so he built Vision as the catalyst for the 'new human race'.

He knew what he was doing. Was the plan overly complex? Yea but aren't all of Tony's plans the same exact way and they usually backfire as well? Ultron was basically a huge analogy for Stark trying so hard to save the world, he'll destroy it.
>>
>>81728512
Pretty much all cape characters, especially villains, can be reduced to MUHs. Hell sometimes the 2nd muh feels superfluous.

>MUH MONEY
>MUH ALIEN

>MUH LAUGHS
>MUH CHAOS

>MUH BROTHER
>MUH LIES

>MUH HYDRA
>MUH CUBE

>MUH BRAINWASH
>MUH ARM

>MUH DUBS
>MUH DUBS
>>
>>81728592

I don't think the break neck thing was manufactured at all. It simply happened. It proved that the only way this fight was going to end was if one of them died. Zod says this as much himself. For the first time ever we saw the horror of kryptonian on kryptonian combat. Bigger questions are how did lois lane get to the train station so fast, and why did Zack Snyder think we'd all conveniently forget about the destruction? His unwillingness to show the true horror of what he (as the director) was responsible for in BVS was a crippling flaw in the movie. We see the damage in the opening shots, but the rebuilding? that seemed to happen in seconds.

I don't think it's as good a movie as Avengers, a vastly superior movie, but again in that, the only time the heroes are threatened is when Hulk goes nuts, and he's another hero. Then its space fish and surf boarder aliens getting slaughtered in such a way the conventional military could have handled it.
>>
>>81728643
Don't forget about Spawn, Mexicano, and one of the asian SHIELD executive that died at the end of Winter Soldier
>>
>>81728679
Nah. You still need to explain why they are the way they are.
Ultron is just Asimoff Ripov #58429.
>>
>>81728574

>Or could literally anyone else piloting the quinjet at that moment have done the same thing?

What the hell, it was Ultron in it, so Ultron did it. What's your point? Does Ultron need anything different than the intention of killing?
He could've used a fucking gun for all I care.
>>
>>81728574
>>81728621
I'm not defending that as a good scene, just saying it's a retarded criteria.
>>
Quicksilver had to die so they wouldnt forever be compared to X-Men's quicksilver
>>
>>81728643
So he kills a girl and a normie cop? Wow, that's one competent villain alright.
>>
>>81728743
Ultron can fly and shoot pewpew lasers, why the fuck would he need a plane to shoot someone?
>>
>>81728743
The point is Ultron is no more dangerous than some random guy piloting a jet. Teach some paraplegic kid how to fly the Avengers' jet and he can match Ultron's kill count. Compare to the above example with Loki. Take the scepter and put it in the hands of some nobody and Coulson would win that fight. Take the jet and put it in the hands of some nobody and Quicksiler dies just as easily.
>>
>>81728717
But he doesn't even obey Asimov's rules.
You want to talk about ripoffs? Take a fucking look at Loki.
>>
>>81728764

keep in mind Joker has no powers. He corrupts Harvey, kills Rachel, kills Loeb and the Judge, Gamble, takes over the criminal underworld of Gotham, blows up a police station, destroys a police convoy, almost assassinates Gordon, and creates that magnificent experiment on the water, only to be thwarted by Deebo. Not bad for a man with no powers
>>
>>81728817
Nice that you still avoid to adress the point that most cape movie villains don't even kill named characters or heroes to begin with, so their kill count is a retarded criteria to determine whether they're threatening or not.
The execution of that scene was shit, but you don't decide whether a movie villain is threatening or not by who he can personally shoot.

By your reasoning Joe Chill is the most threatening and competent cape villain ever.
>>
>>81728829
Deebo is the hero we need.
>>
>>81728829
Clearly, but he only kills 2 named people, and apparently that's the only thing that counts to evaluate his competence.
>>
>>81727171
He went action hero with weapons out of shit he found at home depot. Thats pretty good.
>>
>>81728817
>Ultron's no more dangerous than a guy piloting the jet

>"Scream, and your entire staff dies. I could have killed you, Helen, the night we met, I didn't."

Ultron was not a mindless killer. He could have been that if he had wanted to be.
>>
>>81728978

No, what counts is (imo)

1) the likelihood of his plan's success without hero intervention
2) the amount of difficulty the hero has in resolving said problem, including cost to self and loved ones
3) damage plan will unleash if successful
>>
>>81728947
>Nice that you still avoid to adress the point that most cape movie villains don't even kill named characters or heroes to begin with, so their kill count is a retarded criteria to determine whether they're threatening or not.

First of all, >>81728643 was me. Second, I never said Ultron needed a high kill count to be threatening. So quit making shit up.
>By your reasoning Joe Chill is the most threatening and competent cape villain ever.

See, you can't even follow what I'm saying for two seconds. Joe Chill is a symptom of Gotham's poverty and crime. He's not notable except that he has a gun. Replace Joe Chill with Tyrone Washington and you get the same scenario. Guy with gun pulls trigger. It works because Joe Chill is meant to be some random nobody mook criminal who kills in a mundane way.

My point is that Ultron and his jet is the same as Joe Chill and his gun. Replace Ultron with D'Angelo Jackson and that scene remains the same. It works with Joe Chill because he's supposed to be a common, unremarkable criminal. It doesn't work for Ultron because he's supposed to be a world ending threat.
>>
>>81729028
>1) the likelihood of his plan's success without hero intervention
Ultron scores 100% there but I don't think it's his intention to even go through with it without heroes intervention, there's some hubris in him.
Joker scores actually 0% on the boat scene, Batman doesn't intervene and still his plan fails.
>2) the amount of difficulty the hero has in resolving said problem, including cost to self and loved ones
Yeah Ultron gets a pretty poor score there. He didn't have much of a defense against the heroes besides his drones and he needed to stall (because reasons) for his plan to work. Although I guess he got unlucky they got Vision working "right", otherwise he'd just have used the internets to fuck off.
>3) damage plan will unleash if successful
Total destruction of human race. Not too shabby.
>>
>>81729162

>Joker scores actually 0% on the boat scene, Batman doesn't intervene and still his plan fails.

If not for Batman Joker blows up both of them
>>
>>81729085
>I never said Ultron needed a high kill count to be threatening. So quit making shit up.
What the fuck is even the point of arguing who he personally killed and didn't then?

>See, you can't even follow what I'm saying for two seconds. [...]
See and you still can't follow that none of this matters. Who kills whom and how doesn't actually matter for shit, your argument that Ultron doesn't kill anyone with his own hands doesn't matter because you've just admitted that the killcount isn't what counts anyway.

>he's supposed to be a world ending threat.
Except he doesn't threaten the world with a fighter jet, retard.
>>
>>81729028
Pretty much every villain gets high marks with that number 1. I cant think of a villain that fails without heroic intervention. Not that youre wrong but im wondering if theres a villain that incompetent.
>>
>>81729221
Correct, but his plan to get them to kill each other still techincally fails.
>>
>>81729292
Its more of a moral victory but yeah it doesnt make jokerba bad villain. He should be wrong about the human condition.
>>
>>81729162

Now lets look at their power scale. One's a robot with an army of clones. The other's a guy in clown paint. This is where the scale doesn't add up. Worst of all, it's an Avengers movie. All those heroes teaming up to fight a worthy foe.

Joker's plan is a grey area. It succeeds in some areas. The cops would have killed hostages, Harvey Dent turns dark, Batman retires (which is fucking stupid).

Ultron's plan wouldn't succeed at all without hero intervention. The heroes fucking made him. But, once born, Ultron has no difficulty in making his plan come to fruition, aside from some senseless padding/globe trotting done in Fast and the Furious fashion.... To Africa! To Asia!

We agree the heroes have little difficulty. In fact, they need to pretend there's difficulty by having the ranch scene to drag the movie out. In truth, the only threat for a 2nd avengers movie is Hulk once more.

That's not to say the DC movies don't have ample notoriously pointless, mopey, brooding scenes because they forgot comics are usually about having fun.

3) Total destruction of humanity through pseudo science. Good plan. I liked it. Unlike Avengers 1, this time the conventional army would have been useless.
>>
>>81728300
>This is why I'm so forgiving of MOS. For the first time since Hulk vs Abomination, I felt the hero was in jeopardy.

I can agree with this. MOS was not a great film but fuck, there was a sense of urgency in it, the villains felt like bad motherfuckers you wouldn't want to cross. MCU baddies are always so lame.
>>
>>81729283
Poison Ivy from B&R?
You know Arnold would have fucked her over in the end.
>>
>>81729013
He Home Alone'd, not action hero'd.
>>
>>81729323
Oh it doesn't make him a bad villain, it more makes the criteria less correct.
Villains can be defeated by their plans hinging on wrong assumptions and it can still be entertaining.
>>
>>81729354
Busting into a compound and fucking dudes up is pretty action hero.
>>
>>81728773
Cos he had just been buttfucked in the robotpussy by the heaviest hitters on the avengers at once..
>>
>>81729329
>Ultron's plan wouldn't succeed at all without hero intervention.
But that's wrong. After he was born (which obviously couldn't have been part of his plan), his plan just works without hero intervention.

>the only threat for a 2nd avengers movie is Hulk once more
I guess they should have just let Ultron create his perfect body and drop that thing onto Earth then, if it's not a threat.

I understand he didn't seem that hard to defeat in the end, but it did require the heroes to actually do shit, he really doesn't defeat himself in any way.

I'm not trying to say he's better than Joker as a villain, but the whole "non-threatening" aspect seems to me that it's coming from people who complain about quips, not because of how Ultron actually behaves.
>>
>>81729265
Jesus fucking christ I'm not going to reply to you anymore if you just ignore what I say and keep arguing with strawmen. The problem is not kill counts or whether or not Ultron kills with his bare hands. The problem is that Ultron kills a superhero in a mundane way that anyone could do if they ran over and stole the jet.

I shouldn't feel like "oh quicksilver died because anybody could have stolen the Avengers jet and shot him and Ultron happened to be that anybody"

I should feel like "quicksilver died because Ultron planned some shit that was too much for the heroes. Some random nameless nobody couldn't pull this off; only ultron could"
>>
>>81729484

Okay I'll rephrase. Replace threat with credible challenge worth my cinema ticket price. I remember the bit where they're surrounded in the church and the avengers get mob rushed. I rolled my eyes and knew we were about to get a pose-a-thon.

"Muh dick is so hard watching these a-listers," I could hear Joss saying.

My perspective seems to be that the DC movies are devoid of fun, and light-heartedness. I never come away from them smiling.

The Marvel movies seem to be devoid of threat. I come away from them never feeling awed.

That was until Captain America 2 however
>>
>>81729491
>I should feel like "quicksilver died because Ultron planned some shit that was too much for the heroes. Some random nameless nobody couldn't pull this off; only ultron could"
k. He'd have no reason to have a keikaku to kill QS or any individual hero, but I agree with you that it would have been entertaining.

Again, his actual plan was to use a giant city floating in the sky to crash on Earth, some random mook couldn't pull that off so your argument is moot. QS getting killed and how he got killed wasn't even part of his plan, just a dick move.
I don't think this scene is good, but using it to show that Ultron is not threatening seems odd to me.
>>
>>81729610

I felt it showed they didn't want 2 quicksilvers in rival studios, and with Black Widow + Scarlet Witch, they already had too many people east of the iron curtain. Dude was a fucking red shirt
>>
>>81729538
>I rolled my eyes and knew we were about to get a pose-a-thon.
I liked it because it was a well-done homage to splash pages in cape comics. Then again, I read those.

>Cap 2
>threat
It might aswell have been an 80s movie. It even has the "hero lets go of the McGuffin in the last 10 seconds of the bomb timer" hackery and a guy who dies but not really.

Cap 2 has plenty of qualities but the tension was manufactured as fuck.
>>
>>81729610
>Again, his actual plan was to use a giant city floating in the sky to crash on Earth, some random mook couldn't pull that off so your argument is moot.

But the thing is that didn't work and the Avengers never looked like they were even close to losing that fight. A random mook couldn't pull that off and Ultron couldn't pull it off either. The only thing that worked for him and caused him to actually hurt the heroes was stealing a jet.
>>
>>81729637
That and Whedon wanted to wink at the audience with a bait-and-switch didn't see that comink death so he couldn't actually kill Hawkeye, a death which could have actually had some emotional impact.
>>
>>81729637
>Dude was a fucking red shirt
>his sister dons a scarlet costume to honor his memory

POTTERY
>>
>>81729704
>the villain's plan didn't succeed at the end
Yeah I guess he's the only cape villain for whom it's true. Bunch of non-threatening jackasses.
>>
>>81729692
>homage to splash pages in cape comics.

yes

>well-done

Ehhhhh

Cap 2's finale was disapppinting yeah, but WS was threatening as fuck before that. Him attacking them in the car was probably the most threatening thing an MCU villain has done.
>>
>>81729757
Bruh keep ignoring that context

>villain builds a giant meteor
>kills 0 named characters
>villain steals a jet
>kills a named character

All about that juxtaposition.
>>
>>81729820
So what makes Ultron non-threatening is that he actually kills a guy?
Good shit.
>>
>>81729790
I think the eye-liner was too distracting to me, I never bought him as a character, they tried too hard to make him the badass silent guy.
Which I understand is his role, but those types of villains don't really do it for me.
>>
>>81729890
No, what makes him nonthreatening is the fact that the biggest danger to the Avengers in the whole movie comes from someone stealing their jet.

Someone makes a city into a giant meteor? Got u covered pham, no problem.

Someone steals the Avengers jet? Shit, why didn't Zemo just hire some guy out of flight school to steal the jet and wipe them out earlier?

In Cap 2 we see Cap get attacked by a Quinjet early and knocks it out of the sky. "Why doesn't someone just send a jet to kill him" isn't even a question because we already have an answer.

In Avengers 2 we can just ask "why didn't ultron just build 8 or 9 of himself and steal some jets and kill the Avengers with them? Obviously stealing a jet is more effective than anything else he did"
>>
>>81729933

to me, personally, it was

1) quips and an animated face
2) losing to iron man
3) jobbing to captain america on the truck (if I remember that part correctly?)
4) losing to hulk (whilst doing a quip)
5) losing to scarlet witch
6) losing to vision

It wouldn't be so bad but fuck me, they build this dark, sinister tone with the trailer. Showing the wrecked "no strings" scene and the sinister child singing it.
>>
>>81730077
>In Avengers 2 we can just ask "why didn't ultron just build 8 or 9 of himself and steal some jets and kill the Avengers with them? Obviously stealing a jet is more effective than anything else he did"

While i agree with your point (i think having the drones swarm and kill an avenger would have been way more effective), I think youre selling ultron short.

His main goal was global extinction. Not killing the avengers. He was still pretty threatening imo in that reagard. I dont think a villain has to kill a character to be threatening.
>>
>>81730077

Jets seem to be the key. If he'd stolen 2 of them he could have reinacted 9/11
>>
>>81730107
>His main goal was global extinction. Not killing the avengers.

But if he just brought 8 or 9 jets to the fight instead of hundreds of Ultrons he could have killed the Avengers and succeeded at global extinction too.
>>
>>81726198
>Annoying sub plot with a useless Disney child character
Both pretty bad complaints senpai, not to mention the child character was at least a bit subverted by getting abandoned after 10 minutes.
>>
I feel there needs to be a meme where Ultron plays for the New York Jets and melts steel beams
>>
>>81730077
>In Avengers 2 we can just ask "why didn't ultron just build 8 or 9 of himself and steal some jets and kill the Avengers with them? Obviously stealing a jet is more effective than anything else he did"
Because his goal was to destroy the Earth, the Avengers couldn't even have stopped him in the long run without Vision being a pretty literal Deus Ex Machina.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.