[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reboot....reboot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: cast1st.jpg (85 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
cast1st.jpg
85 KB, 720x720
Why hasn't Reboot gotten a reboot or a theatrical movie? I remember seeing rumors online a few years ago but they just stopped being mentioned..
>>
Because no one uses the internet anymore.
>>
>>81715367
>Why hasn't Reboot gotten a reboot or a theatrical movie?

Because it's perfect?

> I remember seeing rumors online a few years ago but they just stopped being mentioned..

Development hell. Where it will hopefully stay. Just like the Highlander remake.
>>
>>81715588
let's hope so anyway. remember the rumors about the remake where it's KIDS going to mainframe, and the only returning character is megabyte?
>>
>>81715929
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cgi/reboot-reboots-113937.html
>>
>>81715929
plus Tony Jay is dead

DO NOT WANT

they were too late continuing Season 4 and everything has been in limbo since. they announce reboots and spinoffs (Binomes, anyone?) but they never happen

all we got was a shitty webcomic to finish things up and I can't even find it online anymore
>>
>>81719886
Fuckin' Tony Jay man.
This may sound weird but his all time best work to me was narrating some stupid history channel special that was about aliens- this was way back before it became the Pawning channel and was actually kind of a one off thing. Still, I remember his voice being terrifying while talking about those alien experiences and shit to me as a child
>>
>>81715367
>microwave ovens
>>
>>81715367
As much as I love it, I don't think a reboot would be successfull. Fanbase will be divided by it, like they do with most reboots. And the novelty factor of it is not there anymore.
Peple inside a PC/videogame has been done a ton of times since Reboot, and almost everything is CG now.
I would love to see a spin off that shows Enzo trapped inside games growing up into Matrix though.
>>
File: enzo face version 2.png (2 MB, 838x499) Image search: [Google]
enzo face version 2.png
2 MB, 838x499
The ReBoot "reboot" is going to be terrible, period. I'm a gigantic fan of this show and when I read the sypnosis for this thing, I questioned why they'd even put ReBoot's name on it at all.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/reboot-of-reboot-officially-coming-to-tv-with-26-new-episodes-1.3104830

"Guided by a cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program named VERA, teens Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra will enter cyberspace to do battle with viruses. Guardians, like the character Bob in the original, are the police of the cyberworld, able to resist viruses and heal other sprites.

All four teens will wear protective suits that will allow them to survive in the digital world. An image of the character Austin as his guardian alter-ego Vector was released Monday. The other three character's will go by the names Googz, D-Frag and Enigma in cyberspace."
>>
File: tumblr_lvl9o8cXiK1qcsutno1_500.jpg (22 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvl9o8cXiK1qcsutno1_500.jpg
22 KB, 500x375
ReBoot can't get a reboot off the ground because it's a concept that's firmly rooted in that period of the mid-to-late 90's when home computing and the Internet were still relatively novel concepts. The technology is no longer new or particularly miraculous, and the concept is, at this point, pretty stale.

To connect with today's audiences, it would effectively have to become something entirely different. Not impossible, especially with CGI animation being cheaper and faster than ever- it just wouldn't be ReBoot. The most it would share with the original series would probably be the name.

Personally, I think it might be interesting to see a ReBoot-esque show from the perspective of a Sprite within one of the most insidious App Store games ever made. Addictive enough to get the player hooked, with all the devious little barbs ("energy" that limits how much you can play at a given time, strategically placed difficulty spikes, cosmetics) designed to lure the User into spending money. Maybe the Sprite starts feeling bad for the User- yeah, they nearly always win, so nobody gets nullified, but they only win because the game is rigged, and where's the fairness in that? Maybe an episode centers around the Sprite trying to sneak some Coins into the User's account without them buying them or something.
>>
>>81715588
>>81720811

As much as season 4 blue-balled me, I kind of agree. All the reboot concepts have been terrible and it's honestly better left dead at this point.
>>
I found the Daemon Rising half of season 4 to be pretty damn good. Not as great as season 3 was, but still pretty good. My Two Bobs, however, is a totally different story.
>>
>>81721203
>As much as season 4 blue-balled me
Season 4 blueballed EVERYONE

>>81720811
>Not impossible, especially with CGI animation being cheaper and faster than ever- it just wouldn't be ReBoot

> modern CGI Reboot
> with modern CGI sensibilities
oh my fucking god they would fuck up the low rent low poly feeling so god damned badly; half the fun of Reboot was seeing what kind of crazy game would be played by the User, and seeing all that glorious 90's CGI QUALITY.
>>
>>81722571
Oh yeah, and lets not forget, they would never dare or be able to get this past the censors.
Not today, not ever again.
>>
>>81720718
I'm still mad. It's like how they keep insisting on throwing human main characters in Transformer shit. All it does is bring down the quality. And there's the whole humans kill their world thing. Are they dropping this along with the iconic incoming game?
>>
>>81715367
Because the guy who voiced Megabyte is dead and there's no point in going on without him because he was the fucking best.
>>
File: 500px-Captain_capacitor.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
500px-Captain_capacitor.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
Captain Capacitor's voice actor also passed away in 2005. He was voiced by Long John Baldry.
>>
>>81722571
you have to love how they were lucky enough to get uncancelled TWICE and they still ended shit on a fucking cliffhanger. that's just cruel. that's senselessly cruel
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.