[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of Spider-Gwen? I'm just reading it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Spider-Gwen (2015-) 002-005.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Gwen (2015-) 002-005.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
What does /co/ think of Spider-Gwen? I'm just reading it now and it's not half bad.

I still don't get why Cap'n is a girl though.
>>
>>81712232

I'm pretty sure /co/ hates Spider-Gwen because it's OMG TUMBLRRRRRR PANDERING.
>>
It only exists because people think her costume is cool and she arrived when people were still riding the Emma Stone Gwen high.

The book itself is fucking boring because it does nothing different or new.
>>
>>81712232
Wasted potential

Could've been another USM but noooooo
Had to introduce her to the main universe right away and put a mediocre team on her
>>
>>81712946
There are a lot of characters who have managed to get by on the basis of having a cool costume and not much else

Hell, look at Venom
>>
Why do we have a comic glamorizing a cheating whore that was willing to pawn off the spawn of satan (Norman Osborn) on poor ole my aunt is perpetually in jeapordy Pete? Because I for one will not stand for it nor will I ever just forget that Gwen is forever more a gigantic cunt of a character.
>>
File: freshspideyofnewyork.jpg (598 KB, 1984x680) Image search: [Google]
freshspideyofnewyork.jpg
598 KB, 1984x680
>>
It's not offensively terrible or anything, but it is a lot of wasted potential. They've got some pretty cool alternate versions of characters but it feels like they don't really know what to do with the setting.

It definitely doesn't help that, as the product of a multiverse event, Gwen is thrust into universe jumping shenanigans already, instead of just giving her universe the focus to develop. It's the same thing that prevented Miles Morales from really coming into his own, the dying Ultimate Line had him thrown onto a team right away, and into big events.
>>
File: stupidkids.jpg (589 KB, 1500x2306) Image search: [Google]
stupidkids.jpg
589 KB, 1500x2306
>>
if the op is indicative of the book shes got the spidey humor down pat.
>>
I'm reading her Howard appearances right now and they're okay
She was really cute in the Christmas special
>>
File: Koto-Bishoujo-Spider-Gwen-002.jpg (41 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
Koto-Bishoujo-Spider-Gwen-002.jpg
41 KB, 534x800
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.