[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is sexual assault almost always featured in his work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Hagrid.jpg (3 MB, 2135x2735) Image search: [Google]
Hagrid.jpg
3 MB, 2135x2735
Why is sexual assault almost always featured in his work?
>>
>>81708498
Because he's a rapist, I mean just look at him
>>
>>81708498
When is it not?
>>
>>81708498
HOOORD
>>
He says that considering the real life prevalence of sex crimes and the relative rarity of murder, the way violence is portrayed in fiction the majority of the time is dumb. And he corrects it, because pretending that it wouldn't happen in situations where it would is like denyingthe holocaust to him.

Also, he defends himself by sayingthat there is far more happy consensual sex in his stuff than rape. And if you dont like it, he encourages people not to read, but also dont call him a creep. Is what he says.
>>
>>81708498
who is this homeless man
>>
File: killing-joke-gordon.jpg (146 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
killing-joke-gordon.jpg
146 KB, 768x1024
"Why should sexual violence be ring-fenced when forms of violence every bit as devastating are treated as entertainment?"

https://slovobooks.wordpress.com/2014/01/09/last-alan-moore-interview/

Scroll down to the section titled "Sexual Violence Against Women" and you'll get his most comprehensive response recorded on the topic.
>>
I guess because Moore like forcing characters to go through and deal with tragedy. Rape is pretty high up there on the list since baring someone like Deadman or The Spectre most character don't get much development after they're murdered
>>
>>81711708
that is so interesting I looked it up. rape is about as common as murder. Both of them make up about .3% of all crime.
>>
>>81708498
Just fucking look at him.
>>
>>81708498
It's a very real and unfortunate issue in our society and Moore likes that shit.
>>
>>81711708
He's not wrong with this.
>>
>>81709470
Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? Miracleman? I can't remember if Bates/Kid Miracleman does any raping.
>>
>>81714630
Wasn't Bates raped in Miracleman.
>>
>>81714630
Being raped in that halfway house/nursing home is what causes Bates to transform back into Kid Miracleman. He even shouts the name in the process of being raped, I believe.
>>
>>81714054
well then
>>
>>81709470
Skizz. Some of his 2000AD stuff. Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? The Killing Joke.
>>
>>81714054
Sexual assault/crime is obviously not just limited to rape though, while murder is pretty much strictly murder.
>>
>>81714999
Oh fuck, that's right. It's a tasteful and necessary rape sequence. No one does rape as well as Moore.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.