[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
G.I JOE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
Why is that they can't come with a successful idea to resurrect Joe's former glory?
>>
>>81695836
Make a live-action TV show a la HBO or Netflix.
>>
>>
I remember good thing of Joe was there was plenty of variety, there was always lot of characters to the point your favorite shown in one episode and could pass a lot until you saw him again.

But all the newer depiction of joes was always the same pack of Joes one time and another.
>>
>>81695836
Because since 1991 we've had plenty of information on how a real military operates, we had a decade of relative peace, 9/11 ingrained the idea of terrorists as a faceless, subversive network of people who care less about specific politics and more about killing people for believing different, a rising distrust towards established government, and a proliferation of works on warfare across the spectrum. G.I. Joe was a post-Vietnam revitalization of the war genre by marrying it with superheroes, if not in deed then in appearance, as a reaction to cynicism and pessimism towards the military and government that permeated the American cultural mindset through the 70s.
>>
File: 1445884698915.jpg (98 KB, 360x597) Image search: [Google]
1445884698915.jpg
98 KB, 360x597
>>
File: resolute (1).jpg (182 KB, 819x550) Image search: [Google]
resolute (1).jpg
182 KB, 819x550
>>81695836
They already had a great version.

>2009
Never get old kids.
>>
>>81698818
take all that and add to the fact it's hard to reinvent the team and concept that will make kids watch the show.
Ultimately the real issue is getting the general audience on board.
On both sides of the political spectrum there are a lot of people that would not support something as crazy as 80's GI Joe, it is just to hard to fit into the public anymore, whether it be relax camp filled adventures (original series) black ops(2009 movie, Devil's Due) them being a rouge force (2013 film, Renegades) or a weird middle ground(Resolute, IDW) you are stuck with audience goers that can not get around both the militarily and terrorist themes it brings.
>>
>>81700862
>Ultimately the real issue is getting the general audience on board.

Just treat them as super hero like small team with some spy.

I mean, take agents of shields first season call them Joe and that's it.

People like teams. That will probably catch more the eye than the big army thing.

Also, bring back Spirit damn it.
>>
>>81695836

Because the cold war has been over for a quarter of a century, and the hyper-jingoism relating to the innate, triumphant goodness of the US armed forces which accompanied that time in history has long since gone out of vogue.
>>
>>81699999
>GI: Steve: Blumsolute
>great version
>>
>>81701708
That was Sigma 6
It didn't take
>>
>>81701708
That was this abomination and turn everyone off sort of toy enthusiasts

Teams are a dime a dozen.
They are mainstream to such an extreme a massive 80s team would likely get more attention then another 7 or less man team saving the world.
>>
It's hard to sell GI Joe in China and kids can't run around with guns without being shot by police. No exec can touch a concept like GI Joe for that reason
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.