[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm black and I like Cyborg but let's be real, the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 516x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 516x700
I'm black and I like Cyborg but let's be real, the only reason he's on the Justice League is to be the token black guy. How long do you think until DC forces an LGBT character on the team as well and who would you want it to be?
>>
>>81694215
They had Obsidian for a while, he could still work. Or maybe Thunder, Black Lightning's daughter, get an inclusivity two-fer going on.
>>
>MIDNIGHTER JOINS THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!
>Superman can fuck TWO brooding dark assholes!
>>
The idea of a Cyborg solo movie is so fucking retarded, i'm sure there are dozens of characters that are more deserving of a live action adaptation. I would like to see a horror movie with Animal Man for example.

I mean sure i don't think i've read any Cyborg comics, but i can't even name 3 of his villains except Grid.
>>
>>81694622
his arch nemesis is racism and cops
>>
>>81694622
He just got a solo, might want to wait a bit.

But the movie is pretty much gonna be a TT origin
>>
>>81694622
Honestly I feel like you can do a lot with Cyborg as a character, they just...haven't. I like the direction of the solo book but it needs better writing.
>>
>>81694215
I said the same thing about Marvel Star Wars shit and I got a shit storm for it.
>>
If you ask me, they should replace Cyborg with Firestorm. That way, all the elementals (Aquaman = water, Martian manhunter = earth, Hawk woman = wind) will be justice league members. And if they want to be politically correct about it, they could use Jason Rusch.
>>
>>81694622
Animal man movie with Morrison making an appearance, asking the audience to join Peta.
>>
I think they made the right choice for a token black character. Batman kind of filled a technology role, but Cyborg does it better. He also fits better visually, with his color scheme.
>>
>>81694977
Obama swats a fly and Peta gets on to him. Obama eats a dog and Peta doesn't lift a finger.
>>
>>81694215
Two queries:

Do you like Will Deadshot?
Can you vocaroo and say "Awww hell No"?
>>
>>81694215
His race doesn't really matter; he only got popular cause of the teen titans cartoon
>>
>>81694215
>I'm black
No you're not
>>
>>81694764
>Martian manhunter = earth
I want you to think about that for like two seconds.
>>
>>81694387
I mean...Middy is pretty much at League power levels.
>>
He's there for diversity and to be the tech guy on the team
>>
File: image.png (292 KB, 488x456) Image search: [Google]
image.png
292 KB, 488x456
>>81694215
I wish I could refute your claims, but they actually did the exact same thing on Challenge of the Superfriends for the exact same reasons.
DC DOES have good black characters but most aren't high profile, and lot of the time the company seems to panic and add them to a team roster and then largely do nothing with them because they were literally just there to add some colour.

I don't favor one company over the other, but it's true that DC got onboard the multiculturalism train a lot slower then Marvel did and with much less success overall.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.