[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So much of this movie changed after the pre-release test screenings.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: Simpsons_final_poster.png (134 KB, 245x347) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons_final_poster.png
134 KB, 245x347
So much of this movie changed after the pre-release test screenings. You can read a lot about it online but is there anyway to watch the original or even see screens or storyboards from the first cut?

>inb4 zombie simpsons
>>
>>81681748
>You can read a lot about it online

Post some
>>
>>81681963
what is google?
even the damn wikipedia article on the movie has a section about the differences
>>
>>81682063
Why don't you look up where to watch the original then?
>>
>>81682063
alright, let your thread die then
>>
>>81682312
Of course I've looked up where to watch it but I've yielded nothing. just wanted to bring up conversation jeeze
>>
Isn't it amazing how absolutely nobody gives a fuck about this movie now.
>>
little
yellow
penis
>>
>>81683215
to be fair it's been almost 10 years
>>
>>81682063
>>81681748
>Start a thread by telling people to google something
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>81683301
how superior you must feel you special autist
>>
>>81683247
When I watched it with a group that joke did get a lot of laughs, so I guess it's not as weird as it could be.

Although it's still really fucking weird that PREPUBESCENT SIMPSON DICK ON THE BIG SCREEN was used to hype up the movie.
>>
>>81683215
Yeah, I honestly forgot it existed.
>>
>>81681748
I'm the one who always brings this up in lost media threads. It's nice to know someone else cares.

From what I remember, there's 3+ hours of content in watchable form, or enough for another two movies. The version where Marge has the breakdown in the church was recent enough that they used a scene from it in the trailer. ("Here's the money shot!")

Also, the Burger King toys were supposed to use lines from the movie, but virtually all of the lines in those toys didn't make it in. They also used an older design of Russ Cargill.

>>81683215
>tfw no 10 year anniversary re-release
>>
>>81683247
That joke was pretty well done imo.

But I like this movie so maybe I'm just a fag.
>>
>>81683732
I'm guessing by "watchable form," you don't mean watchable to anyone outside of the simpsons team.
>>
I'd be kind of interested in seeing what they do, if anything at all, with the two movies the cast are still signed on for.

Now that they've already done a standard "save Springfield" plot, maybe they can run with the opportunity to get crazier and weirder with the universe. Or even use one as the finale for the show if it ever ends.

I mean, they probably might never make another or someone important will die before it happens, but it is an actual possibility.

Also that one Maggie short was cute; more shit like that might be nice.
>>
>>81683847
I mean that it's either an animatic or actually animated, as opposed to just being a script page.

>>81683930
>I'd be kind of interested in seeing what they do, if anything at all, with the two movies the cast are still signed on for.
Wouldn't those contracts have expired already?
>>
File: Stick Figure Crying.jpg (39 KB, 461x523) Image search: [Google]
Stick Figure Crying.jpg
39 KB, 461x523
>>81683297
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_Movie#Editing Guessing this is what OP meant.

Stupid fucking moron.
>>
>>81684686
You're so helpful! So much more useful than OP! Still an autist tho
>>
>>81684686
Wikipedia doesn't cover the scope of this. There's also the audio commentary, which goes into detail about the different versions of the movie that were screened for test audiences. I also remember a magazine article talking about the deleted scenes, including an action sequence where the Simpsons set mummies on fire and tossed them out of a moving truck at EPA agents.
>>
>>81685326
It already covers that.
>>
>>81685326
>the Simpsons set mummies on fire and tossed them out of a moving truck at EPA agents

well that sounds like shit
>>
>>81684734
Shut up, OP.
>>
>3 hours or more of deleted content
I've only found 4 minutes what the fuck are you on about OP
>>
>>81683215
It was ultimately just one really long normal episode.
>>
>>81687598
fuck you it was my favorite momie
>>
Under The Dome, really?
>>
>>81681748
This movie tanks so quickly because it falls into that overdone "Homer pisses of Marge and wanders off alone to fester in his funk" plot that so many newer episodes just love to put different spins on.

It's the reason I never rewatch this. Who Shot Mr Burns Pt 1 and 2 make the movie look like fanfiction.
>>
>>81683461
He's right though. Threads need content, and being the OP it's usually on you to provide it, or at least something to spark some. You don't have to be autistic to see that.
>>
OP POST CONTENT
>>
>>81681748
Just gonna let /co/ know that there was plans to make a second movie
>>
>>81697436
Like someone else said, the voice actors are contracted for another two movies if they don't die first.
>>
>>81683461
don't feel bad op, /co/ is full of autists
>>
>>81697816
source?
>>
http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1809216

Unused scene from the movie.
>>
>>81681748
It wasnt just after test screenings. This film was rewritten 100 times for most of a.decade
>>
>>81698382
They actually had plans for a movie as early as 1991, but it was another 8 or something years before work on it even started.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcwXixYwjE4

here are some
>>
>>81683215
Literally watched it yesterday. Has a few good laughs
>>
>>81699982
Ugh, thats some family guy shit right there
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.