[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any point to reading a comic if they animated it? Seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Is there any point to reading a comic if they animated it?

Seems like all adaptations are pretty faithful
>>
File: That's Bait.gif (4 MB, 648x265) Image search: [Google]
That's Bait.gif
4 MB, 648x265
>>81680984

Here's your reply.
>>
>>81681104
Im serious

I just watched the movie and I wanna know more about femJoker
>>
>>81681267
Then read the comics because most of the adaptations aren't that faithful in that they all cut out a bunch of shit and alter other things to accommodate all the cut scenes.
>>
>>81681365
Ah, I see.
Thanks
>>
>Seems like all adaptations are pretty faithful

they really aren't
>>
Be honest with me /co/
Are they going to fuck up the Killing Joke?
>>
>>81682402

Dunno, but I do know that people will bitch about it regardless.
>>
>>81682402
Doubt it but like >>81682435 said, its not gonna stop anyone from crying about it
>>
>>81682402
>babs shoots Joker instead of the other way around

It is illegal to portray women in any state of weakness against a Y chromosome in Obama's communist state of hitlerstan
>>
>>81682964
they already released a teaser of her getting BTFO
>>
I've never read any marvel or DC comics. I have read a few Image ones though and I liked them.

Keeping up with all the timelines and shit is too much with Marvel and DC if I want to start from the beginning.
>>
Depends whether you care about comics as a medium, or you just want the stories about superheroes. Personally I'd rather read the comics because they'll have art and design better than the animation, which tends to be pretty generic churned out stuff. I'd rather see a Kubert drawing that watch dull, lifeless DC animation.
>>
>>81683018
>if I want to start from the beginning.
That's why you don't start from the beginning. NO ONE starts from the beginning.
>>
>>81683018
>>81683696

Thats why I started with ANAD. Its still impossible to keep up without unlimited time and money
>>
>>81684641
You pirate to sample and then buy what you like, you don't have to read or know everything. You pick up knowledge as you go on.
>>
>>81682964
I'd love a joke page where Babs looks through the peephole and shoots Joker through the door, leaving him paralyzed.
>>
>>81685747
This.
>>
File: 16639569.png (916 KB, 737x1150) Image search: [Google]
16639569.png
916 KB, 737x1150
>>81681267
There's a mini that ties into Flashpoint that goes into detail about Martha Joker yes, but I don't think the main comic does though it has some differences from the movie.
>>
>>81680984
Adaptations are often trimmed of substance to try and preserve a sense of flow you would see in other video works. Sometimes aspects are changed entirely to better streamline the experience.
>>
>>81680984
The flashpoint movie is pretty solid, but it leaves out a ton of great stuff. Go ahead and read it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.