[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that this fucker and who he killed was much more traumatizing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Sharptooth.png (272 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Sharptooth.png
272 KB, 640x480
Reminder that this fucker and who he killed was much more traumatizing than Bambi and Lion King
>>
>>81669280
probably because they actually showed him fucking murdering everything
>>
>>81669280
I actually liked him better as a kid than those retarded herbivores.
>>
>>81670640
>>81669746
Why are Don Bluth's works so based and impactful?
>>
>>81669280

I was traumatized more by the T Rex - Stegosaurus fight in Fantastia than this.
>>
Carnivorous Dinosaurs are definitely the good shit.

why dinosaurs are so impopular on cartoons todays? Jurassic World changes nothing.
>>
>>81671052
I'll be honest, when I was younger, I saw TLBT on VHS first, then after a couple of months I saw Fantasia on VHS where the "Wallnut sized Brain of the Stegosaurus" closed his eyes for the last time and said "Why don't any of the dinosaurs talk?".

I was not a smart kid

>>81671197
Because SJWs and incompetent parents get triggered by small cartoon violence like the fragile babies they are, even more scared than their children
>>
>>81669280
Supposedly, Bluth wanted to put in a scene where one of the little dinos takes out one of the T-Rex's eyes with a stick, but Spielberg wouldn't let him do it.
>>
>>81674370
Yeah, one of his eyes seems permanently closed and that's even referenced in dialogue, but it seems to be like that from the beginning.

There's even a scene where one of the branches from the thorn bush hits his eye and supposedly damages it, even though it looked that way before, which points to the scenes having been switched around after animation.

>tfw no one will ever see the original cut of the film because universal almost definitely threw it out decades ago
>>
>>81669280
Well I never saw Bambi so I don't really have an opinion on that subject. I did watch The Lion King along with The Land Before Time when I was a kid though and I do agree with you on that. Sharptooth killing Littlefoot's mother did actually have more of an effect on me than Scar killing Mufasa. The death of Littlefoot's mother just felt so much sadder. I would try to describe why but it just feels so hard to do so. I will say that at least some of the reasons why are the voice acting done for Littlefoot's mother and for Littlefoot himself, the music playing during her death scene, and the darker look of the animation compared to Mufasa's death scene in The Lion King. May also have to do with the fact that Littlefoot's mother is still alive and talking to Littlefoot with her last breaths in contrast to The Lion King.
>>
"Heeeeelp!"
>>
>>81671052
Man fuck Fantasia.

Everything was fine up until THE DEVIL came up at the end.

It didn't help I was raised in a Christian household so it felt more like a documentary than anything.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.