[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it's no surprise that both Tumblr and 4chan hates this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
So it's no surprise that both Tumblr and 4chan hates this show. But what I don't understand is this one criticism that the new PPG makes fun of crossdressing and promote bullfighting...

Yet, the Loony Toons dose cross dressing jokes and had a bullfighting episode and both Tumblr and 4chan thinks those are classics.

Why does the Looney Toons do crossdressing and bullfighting, it's funny and classic

But when the PPG dose it, it's not funny and offensive?
>>
>>81665812
Different social contexts.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 467x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 467x348
>>81665854
But that's dosn't makebecause still like the Looney Toons cartoons...
>>
>>81665812
There's a difference between making a joke about something and insulting it. A joke may or may not be an attack.

This sort of apparent contradiction almost always has some nuance like that which explains the actual difference, which is easy to see if you're looking for it but easy to miss if you're actively ignoring it to look for imaginary hypocrisy.
>>
>>81665812
Because Looney Tunes do crossdressing to be funny, so it's funny
PPG is trying to make a statement with their stuff, the staff has been pretty clear about that, and the result is just dumb
>>
It's Looney Tunes, not Looney Toons.

Not really your fault tho because Americans pronounce them the same for some reason.
>>
>>81666683
If they weren't pronounced the same, they wouldn't be called Looney Tunes. That's the joke.
>>
For the same reason that you'd feel uncomfortable if a cartoon made by a foot fetish has an episode about a character trying on shoes all episode.

You lose your ability to separate a creators thoughts from their work and you lose any nuance. You'd have probably just thought "Oh, that's a weird episode" but now you're forever of the mindset "he was jerking off when he made this."

When all you do is preach about how important gender and junk is to your PPG cartoon, a joke like that, which no one would've batted an eye at if it was in the original, is painted in a whole new light, that it's hard to not see.
>>
>>81665812
Looney Tunes is ancient and conservative and problematic. PPG is liberal and from [THE CURRENT YEAR].

>>81666023
Again, those cartoons are from a different time where this stuff was acceptable. PPG is [CURRENT YEAR] and should know better.
>>
>>81666683
How do they pronounce toons and tunes differently in your country?
>>
>>81666683
>carteeeewwwwwwns

Fuck you bongfaggistanian.
>>
File: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png (171 KB, 627x435) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png
171 KB, 627x435
>>81665812
>another ppg thread
>>
>>81665812
>both Tumblr and 4chan hates this
A bit surprising.
It just looked aggressively safe and boring to me.
>>
>>81667445
I assume toons and TYUUNES
>>
File: Stoner Sunshine.webm (3 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Stoner Sunshine.webm
3 MB, 1920x1280
>>81667464
HAKASE!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.