[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't bought comics in a while, but I'm looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (320 KB, 900x1207) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320 KB, 900x1207
I haven't bought comics in a while, but I'm looking to see if Marvel's latest stuff is worth picking up. What are your favorite current titles and which ones should I avoid?
>>
Red Wolf and Squadron Supreme, and shockingly enough, Black Widow are all good. Marvel currently isn't publishing any Must Buy titles though.

Under no circumstance you should read Avengers titles, none of them, don't fall for memes.
>>
Loved

>Spiderman is quite fun 3 issues in
>Extraordinary and Uncanny X-men have been really good so far.
>Invincible Iron Man has been decent.
>Daredevil is getting better as it goes.

Hated

>All new X-men has been boring as fuck apart from last issue
>Uncanny Avengers has been dull and shit art,
>Amazing Spiderman, didn't like the concept.
>>
Vision is the only one you need to read
>>
Captain Marvel, Vision, Ultimates, New Avengers are all great.

Avoid Hopeless.
>>
Ultimates is the best plot-driven team book and is my favorite title.

Black Panther just had a new issue 1 and it was great.

Ignore >>81663726, All New All Different Avengers is fun, lighthearted, character-driven, and is classic Mark Waid.

The Ms Marvel, Spider-Man (Miles), Captain America, and Vision solos are all good. Vision reads like an episode of the twilight zone and it's the best written book they've got. It's a joy to read.

Doctor Strange is pretty good too.

Under no circumstances should you read the X-Men or the Inhuman books. Just say no.
>>
>>81663596
To me:
>Ms. Marvel (start with the No Normal arc)
>Totally Awesome Hulk (Cho goes Hulk, tits and hilarity ensue.)
>New Avengers (The Cold War agent shlock is back!)
>Vision (American Beauty. With robots.)
>>
>>81663596
>I'm looking to see if Marvel's latest stuff is worth picking up
Most of it is not. The best title by far is The Vision, and it's ending with #12, because DC signed the writer Tom King to an exclusive
>>
Ant-Man and Deadpool are pretty great.
>>
>>81663596
utlitmates, uncanny inhumans, vision, and karnak
>>
>>81663958
Of the X books which is the least terrible?
>>
File: New Avengers 009-011.jpg (4 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
New Avengers 009-011.jpg
4 MB, 3975x3056
Vision
New Avengers
Ultimates
Contest of Champions
Standoff
>>
Vision is their best book by a big margin. After that, Hercules, MS Marvel and Ultimates are good.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.