[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nico in A-force >Victor in Avengers A.I. >any Runaway
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Runaways_h2.jpg (154 KB, 600x509) Image search: [Google]
Runaways_h2.jpg
154 KB, 600x509
>Nico in A-force
>Victor in Avengers A.I.
>any Runaway breaking off to be in some generic team book

This pisses me off to no end, The Runaways aren't a super hero team, they were makeshift family that depended on each other. The idea that Nico would shirk the responsibility she has to take care of Molly and Klara is ridiculous.

What /co/ related pisses you off to a near personal level
>>
>>81646004
jc you can't keep on jacking off to your teenage boyband friends when you're an adult

they moved on

it happens

get over it
>>
>a creator creates a creation
>the publisher owns the creation
>the publisher destroys the creation to make a quick buck
This is why you should be reading creator-owned comics instead, to be honest.
>>
>>81646293
I acknowledge I'm too emotionally invested to these characters, but it's not different then everyone else on /co/. Nico leaving the Runaways alone is the equivalent to Batman breaking the no kill rule or Spider-man making a deal with Mephisto. It's not something that character I was attached to would do.
>>
>>81646427
Hey, I read Powers. It was shit. Bendis can't stick an ending or a consistent tone for his life.
>>
>>81646004
For a popular character Molly Hayes seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. I thought she just started going to school properly again.
>>
I don't really read comics much at all but I loved The Runaways until it started sucking a shit ton after that time travel arc. What happened?

Then I read Avengers Arena because I heard Nico and Chase were in it. Yikes.
>>
>>81646757
Brian K. Vaughn was the creator and was responsible for the strong characterization that made the book. Whedon and Moore simply didn't understand how to write the characters like BKV did.
>>
>>81646004
This post is making a lot of assumptions.
>>
>>81646004
>What /co/ related pisses you off to a near personal level

i used to be a cosmic marvel fan before bendis raped me to death
>>
>Alex did nothing wrong
>>
>>81646757
Original creator fucked off so the team was left at the mercy of any hack writer who only sees the surface-level appeal of the characters.

See also: Sentry, Stargirl, Agent Venom, GOTG, almost anything Morrison has written
>>
>>81647176
also any characters whom Bendis takes over to write.

this sometimes includes his own original characters.
>>
>>81646004
Yeah of all the groups to pick members out of in order to fill out a team this was kind of a dumb one.
Young avengers makes sense but i guess they didn't have too many female team members to pick from.

Cept wait kate bishop...why the fuck isn't kate bishop on A-force is she on a team?
>>
>>81647007
This. I stopped reading for a while and when I came back Bendis was all up in my Guardians making Angela all buddy buddy with Gamora.
>>
>>81646004
>Victor in Avengers A.I.
This is the one I support, because he's the one with ties outside the team (to Ultron and through him Pym, Vision, Jocasta).
It didn't work great and wasn't really explored, but the storytelling potential was there.
>>
>>81646474
Have you tried not reading Bendis?
>>
>>81646004
Welcome to the world of multiple writers not giving a damn to understand why we loved the stories in the first place
>>
>>81646004
At least they are still used.
Try being a fan of Dick Rider for a week.
>>
>>81650324
shelved>misused
>>
lets make a runaways comic.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.