[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Complete Knightfall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1297755.jpg (130 KB, 600x929) Image search: [Google]
1297755.jpg
130 KB, 600x929
So, just read the fucking 600+ pages of Broken Bat.

I planned on reading the entirety of Knightfall, but I'm getting kinda annoyed by Jean Paul. Should I read all of Knightquest, only some of it, or skip it al together?
>>
>>81633830
Read the entire thing if at all. Jean was made deliberately annoying to piss off "brutal" batman fans. Have you read Sword of Azreal?
>>
>>81633934

Yes, I've read everything related to Knightfall so far.

It's just that Knightquest is just 600 pages of DC pretending the status quo had changed, and it doesn't sound that interesting.
>>
>>81634178
It is all just patter you can really just skip it. The batman vs. azbats fight is interesting but thats about it.
>>
>>81634289
>The batman vs. azbats fight is interesting but thats about it.
That's not Knightquest, that's Knightsend.
>>
The Knight trilogy STILL has not been fully collected, which annoys me considerably.

Batman #488-490 still have not been collected nor has HALF of Knightquest (the stuff relating to Bruce hunting down Tim Drake's dad and his doctor/lover).

And while Sword of Azreal is FINALLY coming back into print, it's being stuck in the first part of a planned reprint series for the Azreal comic.
>>
>>81634289
>>81634353

Can I just skip the entirety of Kightquest and go straight to Knightsend?
>>
>>81633830

It blows my mind that somebody got paid to draw that cover.
>>
>>81633830
Knight quest is good, it sets up allot of plot points and resolves the shondra romance. Jean Paul was only really good in Shadow. The clay face issues are heart rending.

>>81633934
Yes, at the time DC wanted O'Neil to 'image' batman up. Needless to say he, the writers, and staff were resistant. Knightfall was seen as a be careful what you wish for. Kindof like the Return of Barry Allen over in Waid's flash.
>>
>>81634477
And the quality of the paper in those reprints...a nearly screamed when i got the first volume. Bad paper, nothing extra.
>>
>>81635747
Kelley Jones is a treasure young man. And you will take his deformed artwork and like it!
>>
>>81633934
>Have you read Sword of Azreal?
Sword of Azrael was terrible. Everything Knightfall subverted, that played straight.
>>
>>81633830
>I'm getting kinda annoyed by Jean Paul
That's the whole point.
>>
>>81636183

So you're saying I should read Knightfall as a sort of parody of itself rather than an straight up XTREME 90s comic?
>>
>>81635747
I kinda love it when Kelley Jones goes crazy like that. It's a guy bored of emulating life and just drawing what makes him happy. It's also pretty exaggerated like Liefeld only done better.
>>
>>81636745
The parts with Jean Paul are meta commentary on the Marvel/image morality/edge. Where Jean Paul talks about gotham needing a darker batman, yeah, full commentary. Joe Q actually designed the Suit. He was told to go full image.
>>
>>81637199

That is actually pretty cool. I can definitely see that while reading now. I'm already 200 pages in since starting the thread, I'll just read it all tonight already.

I'm going to tackle Knightsend afterwards, but I tracked down the .cbrs for The Search, should I read it in between Quest and End, or after End?
>>
>>81637324

bump for answer
>>
>>81637324
Thanks.
>>
>>81637324
concurrently. Read an arc of the Quest, then some of the search. You should reach the Robin conclusion issue after the final search issue because tim drake guest stars in it begging a healthy BW to return. Cool fact, the british spyral agent from Batman Inc plays a big part in Alan Grant's arc of Search.
>>
OP here.

Update: Joker showed up. He has a pony tail. What is this.
>>
File: fiZxoYg.png (370 KB, 436x394) Image search: [Google]
fiZxoYg.png
370 KB, 436x394
kek
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.