[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies think he's the best Batman writer? Assuming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed (1).jpg (10 KB, 192x291) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
10 KB, 192x291
Why do normies think he's the best Batman writer? Assuming normies usually read TKJ, Year One, Long Halloween and other normie shit.
>>
Because theyre in on it from the start. Also hype builds hype.
>>
Because that's all they've read
>>
Because he's dope faggot get over it he's off the book now you can complain about something else
>>
Because based Capullo's art makes it easy to ignore the short comings of his writing.
>>
>>81600760
Basically. I really hope Finch and Janin step it up a lot because Capullo is a hard act to follow.
>>
He safe and regurgitates great ideas from better writers who normies would never read.
>>
>>81600760
I think his run was decent with some really nice high points, but yeah, the art is what sold it for me.
>>
>>81600844
Well they took Finch off WW pretty early so he better have had enough time to not be shit.
>>
>>81600968
Ami the only one who doesn't think Finch is that bad? He was fine on Wonder Woman imo.
>>
he's put out some pretty good books even aside from batman, but i wouldn't call him the greatest. People who complain he's ripping off morrison only look at that shit in the broadest of terms because they can't formulate a detailed scrutinization of things. they look very much at the level of form and function but not the level of content
>>
>>81598578
>implying normies read comics
The better word would be a "casual"
>implying Snyder's run isn't good
Say what you want but his Court of Owls,Black mirror and Zero Year stuff was pretty great, DotF is overhated imo
>implying TKJ,TLH, and YO are bad because they are popular
Holy Shit,you hate popular stuff because they are popular ? You must have great taste !
I dont think Snyder the best writer, but he isn't that bad
>>
I really liked CoO until ending. And man I absolutely loved American Vampire, need to catch up.
>>
>>81602448
I reread DotF recently. It's really bad.
>>
>>81602398
What are you talking about? You don't find it suspect that he's done the exact same plot concepts Morrison has done?
>>
>>81602823
plot concept is exactly what i'm talking about; it's very broad and at the level of form and function. the actual contents and happenings of the stories, on a panel to panel basis, is utterly different
>>
>>81602705
The only think I found bad about Dotf was it's ending
>>
>>81598578
His writing is simple
>>
>>81603133
I found the logic to be nonsensical. It's supposed to be about a terrifying Joker that means business and takes no prisoners (as stated by the character himself and Snyder in interviews) whose goal is to stop Batman's family from slowing him down and ruining his relationship with Bats.

And so at the end he just takes them all prisoner and does nothing but present them to Bruce with elaborate theatrics? Just so Bruce can find away to escape? Was Joker really stupid enough to think Batman wouldn't find away to stop them from burning?
Also, why not actually remove their faces?
The logic of Joker collapses when you make him too serious and then do something like this.
Also, tons of critics at the time (Tony Guerrero, Joey Esposito) praised the fuck out of it for saying that Joker won but splitting the family. Too bad he didn't split the family because they were all back together in no time without any lasting consequences. The Dark Knight is a much better example of the Joker winning.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.