[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Injustice (the Comic) is good. It takes the "Superman should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
Injustice (the Comic) is good. It takes the "Superman should just take over" concept that hack writers and normies (like NetherRealms) love so much and finishes it off once and for all. Time and time again the writers explain that "evil superman" is dumb, bad, and a complete inversion of who he is.

Batman v Superman showed that Snyder is champing at the bit to do an Injustice adaptation. If he does it, it will be horrible beyond belief. Snyder wholeheartedly believes everything that the comics explicitly deconstruct. If he makes an Injustice movie, it will be an even worse case of "missing the point" than Watchmen ever was.
>>
Can someone story time year 5?
>>
Injustice takes the "Superman has friends who care about him" concept that mainstream writers and normies love so much and completely fuck it up

It's not a story about an evil Superman, it's about a Superman who lost everything and received nothing but scorn from his supposed friends
>>
>>81596515
>snyder injustice

that sounds horrible
>>
>>81597432
after he goes third Reich on the world, yeah
>>
>>81596515
>DCfags are so desperate to make sense of BvS, they seriously want an Injustice movie, which is easily one of the worst stories in recent DC history
fuck off
>>
>>81596515
Injustice is absolute shit anon.

But in a so bad it's good. Much like ASBAR or Odyssey.
>>
So is this a story thread or what because I'm itching for one.
>>
>>81598154
DC fans hate BvS though???

>which is easily one of the worst stories in recent DC history

nice try marveldrone
>>
I hate snyder
>>
>>81598392
>DC fans hate BvS though???
Yeah, I'll totally believe that after thread after thread trying to defend it, and endless Youtube comments shitting on any of the many reviewers giving it a bad score. Obviously now, in order to be right, "every DC fan hates it."

Cunt.
>>
>>81603152
>WB shills are DC fans

no. DC fans want Snyder gone.
>>
>>81597575
>Kills the Joker
>His clone shows up and bereates him
>Shows up again to take him down for no reason other than what he "might" do

>Best friend gets pissy at him for killing his secret gay lover
>>
great thread op

the expression is "chomping at the bit" like a horse
>>
>>81596515
>. It takes the "Superman should just take over" concept that hack writers and normies (like NetherRealms) love so much and finishes it off once and for all.
WHEN THE FUCK HAS THERE BEEN A STORY WHERE SUPERMAN (THE PINNACLE OF GOOD) HAS TAKEN OVER AND IT"S BEEN SUCCESSFUL?

Every fucking time they have to go on this huge parade about how it's a bad idea. IF it were to ever happen, where we were ruled by one being, who better than FUCKING SUPERMAN. I loved Injustice, in fact there were even a few FUCK YOU BATMAN moments that were pretty fucking good, but nope, they had to go with Superman is evil.
>>
>>81604644

You dumb nigger

http://www.bathroomreader.com/2014/04/chomping-vs-champing/

>This phrase (or idiom) comes from the sport of kings: horse racing. Abitis part of the apparatus that goes in the horse’s mouth and connects to the bridle and reins so the horse can be controlled and directed by the jockey on its back. The bit fits into a toothless ridge of the horse’s mouth, so the horse never really bites the bit. But it can grind his teeth or jaw against the bit, and if it does, it means that the horse is either nervous, or really excited about racing. That’s how the phrase “champing at the bit” entered everyday communications: to indicate extreme eagerness.

http://grammarist.com/usage/champing-chomping-at-the-bit/

>One definition ofbitisa metal mouthpiece used for controlling a horse, and one definition ofchampisto bite or chew noisily. These are the senses meant in theidiomchamping at the bit, which refers to the tendency of some horses to chew on the bit when impatient or eager. In its figurative sense, it meansto show impatience while delayed, or justto be eager to start.

"Chomping at the bit" is a common fuckup, like "could care less." Congratulations, you can't speak English.
>>
>>81596515
I really doubt Snyder is gonna do an adaption of a goddamn video game plot for Justice League. You people are grasping at straws here.
>>
File: 1450317030055.png (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450317030055.png
24 KB, 500x500
>>81605156
>WHEN THE FUCK HAS THERE BEEN A STORY WHERE SUPERMAN (THE PINNACLE OF GOOD) HAS TAKEN OVER AND IT"S BEEN SUCCESSFUL?
I would love to see someone tackle this concept. And I'll know right away if it's any good or not by the way in which the writer has him achieve power. Because if Superman is still Superman in the story, a good man with amazing powers, then he won't just "take over" and start handing out beatdowns.
>>
I only read trades not floppies, but this story is getting profoundly retarded. Year 3 was awful.

I'm starting to think I won't buy years 4 and 5 when they come out. Is it getting any better? Is it approaching any kind of resolution/wrapping up towards the game canon any time soon?
>>
>>81610174
Yes you should drop Year 3 , that when Taylor out
>>
I was just checking scans here because no way am I clogging my comp with a subscription. I was however, tickled pink when the Jailbreak special arrived and Plastic Man was all over the place. It gave us what we wanted(NYARGHHHHH!) and what was good.

Of course, next issue shat all over it by negating anything that happened by auto-capturing hordes of villians.
>>
Year 3 had Based Constantine and he was the only reason I read I've read Years 1-3 for. Best cape adaption of him imo
>>
Batman has run out of groups of people to use to fight Superman and fail. Next year they better wrap things up with Batman bringing Earth Prime heroes in.
>>
>>81609075
I mean the easiest way to circumvent it is that Superman just just builds an artificial island in the middle of international waters, declares himself its sovereign leader, and lets asylum seekers live there, and uses krypto-tech to make sure it can't just be nuked or flattened by a giant robot
>>
>>81605156
Does Miracle Man count?
>>
>>81596515
Done better in cartoon form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hobP_7pPV4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKcqhdTy7Qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WNwOF-tOHc
>>
File: 1439663460761.jpg (11 KB, 248x252) Image search: [Google]
1439663460761.jpg
11 KB, 248x252
>>81596515

It wasn't as good as Superman: Red Son
>>
>>81597432
>It's not a story about an evil Superman, it's about a Superman who lost everything and received nothing but scorn from his supposed friends

It's also about a Superman who was fundamentally broken from the get-go, anon.

He doesn't even have a Krypto.

The closest thing he had to a Krypto was a white dog who stole his KRYPTONIAN BABY BLANKET WHEN HE WAS YOUNG AND HE NEVER SAW IT AGAIN
>>
>>81597575
His friends were treating him like shit before that though. Hell Captain Atom tried to kill Supes before Supes had really done much of anything. He killed Green Arrow AFTER that, after the guy freaking shot Jonathan.

Plus Wonder Woman partially manipulated him into it by isolating him from Aquaman.
>>
>>81611532
>Hell Captain Atom tried to kill Supes before Supes had really done much of anything

That's just because for a long time, poor Captain Atom has been shoehorned into the "military Superman who has to kill regular Superman when the shit's gone bad and the chips are off the table".

I actually like that interpretation of Captain Atom, for what it's worth, but it's shitty and shallow and pigeonholes him into a bad niche.

New52 Captain Atom tried to make more of the "god over physical matter" interpretation, but in so doing also made him basically unusable.
>>
>>81607943
It's literally in the movie bruh
>>
>>81611532
>after the guy freaking shot Jonathan.
Because Superman deflected the arrow
>>
>>81612108
It bounced off him and accidentally hit Jonathan. From Superman's perspective (especially since Green Arow pulls trick shots like that all the time), it looked pretty bad.

Honestly reading back on the scene i'm not sure what he was trying to do. Bounce the arrow off Superman and do...something? Clearly not hit Jonathan, but he had some kind of plan there that he never really explained. I doubt he expected the arrow to do anything to Supes.
>>
>>81611137
That's good only instead of an island I'd have him terraform Mars or Venus. Or both.
>>
Is there a story featuring a Superman who does whatever he wants but doesn't involve him setting himself up as a dictator? Like he'll leave you alone, but if you invade another country or something he blows up your army?
>>
>>81598154
your joking right?

your saying you don't want to see the butlering on the big screen?
>>
File: 1.jpg (240 KB, 999x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
240 KB, 999x768
>>81612482
>>
File: 2.jpg (258 KB, 999x768) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
258 KB, 999x768
>>81612482
>>81614245
>>
File: 3.jpg (291 KB, 999x768) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
291 KB, 999x768
>>81612482
>>81614265
>>
File: 4.jpg (265 KB, 999x768) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
265 KB, 999x768
>>81612482
>>81614281
>>
File: 5.jpg (239 KB, 999x768) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
239 KB, 999x768
>>81612482
>>81614289
>>
File: 6.jpg (282 KB, 999x768) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
282 KB, 999x768
>>81612482
>>81614301
>>
File: 7.jpg (277 KB, 999x768) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
277 KB, 999x768
>>81612482
>>81614316
>>
>>81610174
Read the year four annual. It's the best one and features based Plastic man
>>
>>81596515
injustice only works cause everyone's a damn moron in it.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.