[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War embargo ends tonight. Expect reviews soon. Sign of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: embargo.png (62 KB, 616x458) Image search: [Google]
embargo.png
62 KB, 616x458
Civil War embargo ends tonight. Expect reviews soon.

Sign of confidence?
>>
They did the same for Ultron.
>>
>>81588236
How can they not be?

FOX doesn't care enough to be relevant and their main competitor keeps shitting the bed. All they have to do is make good or above good movies and they'll be fine.
>>
File: dwayne.jpg (68 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
dwayne.jpg
68 KB, 630x630
>Civil War review Embargo lifts a whole month before it's release
>B v S embargo doesn't lift until a few days before it's release

I think this might speak to the quality of Civil War and the confidence of Marvel and Disney.
>>
>>81588236
>Sign of confidence?
Well after considering the reception from both audiences and critics alike of BvS, I'd imagine marvel must be confident.

Also they'd want to get the reviews out early to spread to good word
>>
>>81588236
it will be fine and probably received well, if theirs one thing marvel has over the competition is their consistency in putting out okay to good movies
>>
Yup. Remember those rumors from a few months back that all the test audiences were hating BvS but loving Civil War?
>>
>>81588236
Seriously? Does Marvel usually lift the embargo this early?

They must be really confident when it comes to this movie.
>>
>>81588515
Only when they have a middle finger to show around town.
>>
>>81588515
Civil War has its red carpet on the 12th.
And premiers in some countries in the 28th.
So, I see no issue with this.
>>
>>81588515
Again, they did the same for Ultron.
>>
Anbody worried this might turn out as bad as Avengers?
>>
File: Screenshot_4.jpg (43 KB, 622x300) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.jpg
43 KB, 622x300
Only the social media reviews will be posted tonight, the full reviews we get on Wednesday.

Man, that's still pretty early. Gonna be hard to avoid spoilers.
>>
>>81588430
>The Rock will never play Black Adam in a Captain Marvel movie

THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE WARNER BROS
>>
>>81588675
No because Whedon is not in charge anymore.
>>
>>81588676
So it's the same as with BvS
>>
>>81588678
He should have been Superman
>>
>>81588678
But thats exactly what he is doing?
>>
>>81588338
Umtron was good, though.
>>
>>81588701
Yes, if you mean paying them off with entertaining films and good times for the whole family
>>
>>81588722
Being the people's champion is a lot of work anon
>>
>>81588738
What was good about it?
>>
>>81588704
No, the BvS embargo was lifted only 3 days before the premiere. This is two weeks before it premieres in Europe.
>>
>>81588722
Putting on garbage shows at Wrestlemania
>>
>>81588668
And it turned out to be a great movie. So all good sign for Civil War.
>>
It's Disney. Reviewers treat their movies like their animated fare. They will almost never give them bad reviews or ever really judge them fairly. Expect 90% for jokes alone.
>>
>>81588753
It had twice as much shit to juggle as BvS and still worked for the most part.
Could have been a much better movie, but for the conceptual clusterfuck of it, it was a remarkable piece of art.
>>
>>81588803
>Batman doesn't use guns
>Affleck shoots himself this weekend
>>
>>81588760
No I mean the social media embargo, people posted all over Twitter about it like a week before the first official release
>>
>>81588774
You misread. He IS playing Black Adam in the Shazam movie.
>>
>>81588774
Don't blame that on him.
>>
>>81588813
>It had twice as much shit to juggle as BvS and still worked for the most part.
It was better then BvS for sure but it didn't even come close to sticking the landing for half the plotlines they came up with
>>
>>81588832
No not exactly. Social Media reviews means the critics can put their thoughts about the movie on twitter, just can't link to their website reviews.

BvS didn't allow for either until 3 days before release.
>>
>>81588803
Reviewer here thats actually true. We are told to review movies based on demos. They tell us to review the MCU films for the 6-13 year old demo. They tell us to review DC movies for the 15-30 year old demo so naturally we have to grade them harder.
>>
File: Dwayne on top again.png (413 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
Dwayne on top again.png
413 KB, 600x750
>>81588749
Especially when you're the biggest star on the planet.
>>
>>81588678
Dude he's already been cast as Black Adam
>>
>>81588515
Like others have said, this is basically a "fuck you" to DC/WB
>>
>>81588668
AoU was nowhere near as bad as BvS.
>>
>>81588803

>IT'S A DISNEY CONSPIRACY

Yeah bruh, remember how everyone loved John Carter, Lone Ranger, Tomorrowland, that last Pirates movie, Maleficent...
>>
>>81588871
t. Zack Snyder
>>
File: deadpool vs spider-man.jpg (78 KB, 526x960) Image search: [Google]
deadpool vs spider-man.jpg
78 KB, 526x960
>>81588236
>>81588356
>>81588430
This could help or hinder their earnings as the critics can hint at just how much Spider-Man there actually is in Civil War.
>>
>>81588923
What? I wish I was Zack Snyder and I didn't have to spend hours watching shitty movies and reviewing them.

Go to school for journalism they said, it'll be fun they said.
>>
File: Disney Films.jpg (97 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
Disney Films.jpg
97 KB, 600x316
Disney has not only the biggest movie of 2015, but also the biggest of 2016 as well. And with Episode 8 in 2017, they could pull a threepeat.
>>
>>81588937
>implying people won't go to see it for Iron Man anyway
IM3 made 1.2 billion, none of the Spiderman movies crossed a billion. Let's face it, right now Iron Man is more popular than Spiderman with casuals.
>>
>>81588958
I wonder how much Rogue One will make. And whether they'll go as insane with marketing as they did with TFA
>>
>>81588871
I can confirm this because my dad works at Nintendo
>>
>>81588857
Sure. It was a whole lot of middle parts taped together and suffered from having no good climax.
But it still managed to be an enjoyable, albeit slightly confusing in parts.
It still worked all the characters in well, had direction and purpose, nailed the characters' concepts (outside Scarlet Witch).
So, it is a good comparison for BvS. And on those terms it wins hard.
>>
>>81588803
The damage control has already begun
>>
>Zemo is probably going to get a five minute cameo at best
>>
>>81588778
Seems like they have learned from their mistakes. At least, they haven't released like 50 tv ads.
>>
>>81588871
That....sounds plausible.
>>
>>81589001
If that /tv/ leak is true, he's gonna have a major part and will be the first great MCU villain.

I want to believe. Zemo is a great villain in the comics and it would be a shame to waste Bruhl.
>>
I'm slightly butthurt at the fact that because BvS was a flop, all the marvel fanboys on the internet are all smug as fuckr right now.
>>
>>81588236
I still don't know why people say that it's a Disney movie, when it's Marvel doing everything while Disney has no control over the movies. They don't pay for them, they don't market them, they only make the toys and shit. Marvel Studios is the one doing everything and Disney only get's the money. + There is no Disney logo at the start of at the end of a MCU movie.
>>
>>81588980
They probably won't go as much as TFA, but a little bit less since it comes out for the holiday season, it'll be all over TV and stuff.
>>
>>81589032
What kind of fan fiction did /tv/ come up with this time?
>>
>>81589000
Man no. Ultron and his clones were just as shitty characters as the BvS cast. Except Luthor, he was on a whole new level of garbage
>>
>>81589037
Just take solace in the fact that they literally don't know anything.
>>
>>81588974
But they could make even more if they rake-in the desperate and fanatical Spider-man crowd.
>>
>>81588813

>It had twice as much shit to juggle as BvS
>this is what Marvelfags actually believe

are you retarded? it probably had only half the shit BvS had and still failed

both AoU and BvS should either have been released as Director's Cut versions instantly or just straight up reduced when it comes to the plot
>>
>>81589001
>>81589032
This has been my only concern about the movie. Other than Loki, the MCU doesn't really have great villains, and even Loki is boring when put against his comic counterpart. I'm really hoping Zemo is something amazing.
>>
>>81589032
I just hope they don't make him do a phoney accent.
I hate that shit. Being a German should be enough. You don't have to talk like a Hitler caricature, too.
>>
>>81588987
>It still worked all the characters in well, had direction and purpose, nailed the characters' concepts (outside Scarlet Witch).
I dunno. Quicksilver was pretty shit, Tony just seemed really stupid, Bruce and Widow's romance was garbage and Ultron was a typical MCU shitty villain
>>
>>81589032

The /tv/ leak is fake

He says things that are either easy to predict or were already spoilt.

He also says things that don't match up with what happens in the actual movie.
>>
>>81589037
And it's gonna stay that way for at least a year.
>>
>>81589053
>Man no. Ultron and his clones were just as shitty characters as the BvS cast.

The only character better than Ultron in that movie was Batfleck. Without the horrible writing he would've been the perfect Batman
>>
>>81589075
If they plan to keep Zemo for more than one movie granted they'll invest on development for him. I think crossbones will bite the dust this time.
>>
>>81589065
>or just straight up reduced when it comes to the plot
This was my biggest takeaway from AoU. Whedon just doesn't know how to say no to a scene. He kept saying that a lot of good scenes got left on the cutting room floor, so they probably had close to a 3 hour cut at one point.
The Russo's on the other hand had like, three scenes that they had to cut because they had a much tighter understanding of what kind of movie they wanted to make with Winter Soldier.
>>
>>81589150
I'd say WW was a better character. BvS had boring bland characters. Ultron was a bad character which was worse. Especially when he's the main villain
>>
So we get social media reviews tonight, new scene from Civil War at the MTV shit, Doctor Strange trailer Tuesday and full reviews Wednesday.

Man, they're going all out now.
>>
>>81589176
The action scenes in AoU were also mostly shit. Especially the big final fight.
>>
>>81589037
Why are "Marvel/DC fanboys" a thing? It's not like video games where a console/PC is a multi-hundred dollar investment and you have to stave off buyer's remorse by defending your purchase
>>
>>81589229
>Doctor Strange trailer Tuesday
You best not be lying to me.
I'll find you if you are.
>>
>>81589255
Airs during Jimmy Kimmel
>>
>>81589075
It would be fantastic if he kills one of the heroes. In the comics, Bucky's death is on him and his rivalry with Cap is extremely bitter and personal - even more so than TRS. I hope they manage to put that on the big screen.
>>
>>81589255
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/674081-doctor-strange-trailer

Sorry, on Monday actually.
>>
>>81589238
>Why are "Coke/Pepsi fanboys" a thing? It's not like video games where a console/PC is a multi-hundred dollar investment and you have to stave off buyer's remorse by defending your purchase
You see how stupid your post is? People will literally argue over a 3 dollar bottle
>>
>>81588871
Well, that sure explains a lot
>>
>>81589204
I'll give you that.
I'll throw in Alfred too
>>
>>81588236
Who gives a shit
>>
>>81589204
They cut out a scene explaining why he was so quippy and cut some scenes showing Ultron being dangerous.

The movie's editing decisions were fucking stupid.
>>
>>81589032
>If that /tv/ leak is true
It's not
>>
>>81589112
I mean it managed to give them actual points in the story, didn't force them out of character for the conflict to work.
I don't know shit about what Quicksilver should be like, so I don't judge.
And yes, Ultron was not too interesting, but with the fucking cluster of heroes he had to share with, I think it was not that bad.
In the end it was a big dumb hero movie that really tested the limits of what you can cram into a movie and have it work out.
Still, it's not too great a movie, but workable popcorn cinema.

>>81589176
Winter Soldier having the advantage of less heroes to put in, less meta-mandate etc.
>>
It's good to know when this board's gonna crash and burn. It's gonna be pure chaos.
>>
>>81588904
That don't mean it was good.
>>
>>81589287
More if your city passes beverage tax on sugary drinks. It's hilarious hearing ads on them paid for by the beverage lobby.
>>
>>81589287
No one is actually that invested in a "Coke/Pepsi" war. Most people will simply drink one of the other isn't available and they don't go online and have heated, complicated discussions about it, it's nowhere near as serious as Marvel v. DC
>>
>>81589176

man, I looked forward to seeing Ultron since the moment Nick Fury announced the Avengers at the end of Iron Man 1

instead I got to see a shitty character who jokes around and isn't menacing at all

it's not that Whedon doesn't know how to say no to a scene, he just doesn't know how to make the story OR characters interesting at all
>give serious story
>LANGUAGE GUYZE!!!!
>proceed with serious story
>>LOL, WE FUNNY NOW

that crap went on for the whole movie and took me completely out of the experience. It didn't help much that my interest was lost for literally every character, hawkeye being the sole exception

at least with BvS, I know that there is an Ultimate Cut coming out which I can look forward to. Those Disney fucks straight out declined releasing the Director's Cut for Ultron, making it the worst Marvel movie to date in my eyes
>>
>>81588974
>Iron Man is more popular than Spiderman with casuals
>/co/ actually believes this
>>
>>81589176

Ultron was a character-based story, Winter Soldier was a plot-focused thriller.

I'm not saying WS isn't better, but by design the story Whedon wanted to tell would be slower and more expansive then WS. Ultron is the impetus by which the team examines their own failures and insecurities, it's not a "WE GOTTA STOP THE TICKING CLOCK" kind of narrative.
>>
>>81589204
I like that there was a palpable distinction between Diana and Wonder Woman.

The former was very relaxed and amicable, blending in with the crowd with much more ease than the disinterested Wayne and the robotic Kent.

The latter was a far more stern and glowering individual. Quite frank in comparison with the flowery circuitous dialogue she'd dole out as Prince.
>>
>>81588678
He should play Ares in the Marvel Captain Marvel movie instead.
>>
>>81589456
He should be Hercules again in Marvel's Hercules. Guy has the charisma for it
>>
>>81588871
It's werid, then that regardless of Demo, people tend to love MCU and tended to crap on Green Lantern, MoS and BVsS.
>>
>>81589383
Between the two, which has had the better received films in the last decade?
>>
>>81589085
His accent was good in Inglorious Bastards desu
>>
>>81589456
>>81589503

I'd rather see him play Black Adam, just because I want to see him turn everything to shit with lightning
>>
>>81589027
Not really. Journalists aren't obligated to do whatever a company wants them to do. If they're some shitty trade and they want one of those FIRST REVIEW COVERAGE, than sure, but big ass publishers like THR or whatever literally don't give a fuck and will hold off on a first screening then.
>>
>>81589507
What people? Thats subjective. Everyone I have talked to liked BvS and doesn't get the negative reviews.
>>
>>81589503
I was surprised by how good that hercules movie was, And the early twist was pretty sweet.
>>
>>81589579
Its not holding it to the company's standards you dumbass its the standards of the industry we work in. If we reviewed every movie by the same parameters itd be a cluster fuck so we go by denographics and who the movie is meant to appeal to and grade it accordingly.
>>
>>81589616
Ian McShane was GOAT in it
>>
>>81589575
I'm not worried about him sounding bad.
I'm worried about the studio making him go for goof.
I find that pretty offensive in most Zemo portrayals. (German, myself)
>>
>>81589507
Most MCU is forgettable paint by the numbers shit.
>>
>>81589651
Did he get hit by lightning in the end or was that just a dramatic way to close the film?
>>
>>81588980
i bet it does an Iron Man 3 style numbers. So like, 1.5 billion to Avengers/TFA's 2 billion or so.
>>
>>81589626
>Standards of the industry we work in
There aren't any rules for this shit. No one reviews by fucking demos, they review based on their own experience. No journalist is beholden to any rules in this industry, and there's no one to "punish" them for breaking your "rules" other than the audience, who from your point of view wouldn't even know about these rules in the first place, so that wouldn't matter either way.

You're obviously fake as fuck and any reviewer I could show this to would say the same.
>>
>>81589553
Iron Man, because his movies have been generally better than the Spider-Man films made in the past decade. That doesn't mean he's more popular, it just means that Spider-Man 3 and ASM2 were shit, and ASM1 was okay but not great.
>>
>>81588974
Actually by today's standards, all of the Raimi-Man movies made a billion.
>>
>>81589606
Nail on the head right here. BvS is too boring to be a popcorn flick and too stupid to be a smart movie.

That edgy tween audience is really it's only demographic
>>
>>81589733
There's really no point in judging thing by according to inflation because that's not what matters right now.
>>
>>81589714
Kek okay man. I guess what I was taught when getting my Bachelor's in journalism and what my boss tells me is wrong and you with your GED are correct.
>>
>>81588958
Is SW as milkable as Marvel?
>>
>>81589850
It always has been.

I mean realistically, something like SW should be the easiest spinoff material ever.
>>
File: stanley.gif (884 KB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
stanley.gif
884 KB, 245x138
>>81589850
>Is SW as milkable as Marvel?
>>
>>81589850
She sure is
>>
File: cap for ants.jpg (19 KB, 236x278) Image search: [Google]
cap for ants.jpg
19 KB, 236x278
So what kind of man service will we get this time?

Btw, what Chris would you fuck?
>>
>>81589850
Star Wars is the grandfather of milked franchises. Not so much movies, but spin off merch.
>>
File: vision.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vision.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>81589933
Apologize.
>>
>>81589949
>what kind of man service
Steve patching up a shirtless Bucky. Screencap this
>>
>>81589085
He's actually from Spain. Not Germany.
>>
>>81589680

The lightning flash was in the background.
>>
File: Finn Times Square.jpg (21 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Finn Times Square.jpg
21 KB, 320x320
>>81589850
http://www.wired.com/2016/02/star-wars-gives-disney-its-best-quarter-in-company-history/

There's your answer.
>>
>>81589112
Quicksilver was great desu
They just didn't give him much on screen time and nerfed his powers

But the character was spot on in my mind

Still doesn't make it not a shit movie, but I really liked QS
>>
>>81589949
>what Chris would you fuck
Any of them, but I am partial to Evans.
>>
>>81589170
Zemo's actor already confirmed he's just a minor role for CW to be something bigger in the future. Crossbones won't die either, he's part of that ongoing plan to make long running villains that the Russos want. The only person that died in TWS was Alexander Pierce. Zola is an artificial life, he can come back whenever.
>>
>>81590270
The Russos already said Zola isn't gone for good.
>>
>>81590270
Unless they backed him up at some point prior. Hell, they could say they fit his entire being onto a MicroUSB that Zemo carries in his back pocket.
>>
>>81590270

Zola was connected to the Insight USB stick and that came with Cap and the team. He could have easily transferred/copied himself into it.
>>
>>81589749
TDK was an action movie with philosophy, BvS thought itself as a philosophical movie with action.

And guess which one was more popular with critics and viewers?
>>
>>81590246
Man, I wonder when they'll show up again. For the first BuckyCap movie? IW will probably be 80% in SPACE.
>>
>>81590412
What else in Phase 3 is on Earth? Black Panther? Maybe he's involved there, somewhere.
>>
>>81590124
Poor Finn, nigga got dumped in the actual movie.
>>
>>81590442
Ant-Man and the Wasp
>>
>>81590442
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man
Black Panther
IW Part 1
Ant-Man and The Wasp
Captain Marvel
IW Part 2
>>
>>81590476
>>81590478
>>81590486
Oh so there's a lot of places he could show up.
>>
>>81590442
Personally I hope Black Panther has some kind of cool African villain, but I guess it's inevitable that they'll work in some kind of American businessman villain to work the capitalist colonialism angle
>>
>>81590463
But he's absolutely the most popular character
>>
>>81590512
Like an evil Stan Lee.
>>
>>81590524
It'll probably be Klaw.
>>
>>81590463
Hey, no proof Poe doesn't like guys.
>>
>>81589065
>it probably had only half the shit BvS had and still failed
>being this jaded and delusional
>>
>>81590463
You know, I really don't think so. He still was the main character, being the catalyst for the plot, saving poe, getting the info about the map and the starkiller to the rebellion and shutting down the shields. Sure Rey was the jedi but she really didn't have anything to do with anything. She was the Jack Burton to Finn's Wang Chi.
>>
File: 1407359416240.png (27 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
1407359416240.png
27 KB, 527x409
>>81588738
>>81588813
>>
File: Finn-kid-1.jpg (137 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Finn-kid-1.jpg
137 KB, 480x640
>>81590540
Of the heroes, I can agree with that. He sold a ton of merch and the kids love him,. which is the most important thing in the end as their the future fans.
>>
>>81589949
Evans is my husbando, but the other two are also great.
>>
>>81589949
I like to refer to the three as the Holy Trinity of Chris. The Evans, the Pratt, and the Holy Hemsworth.
>>
>>81589085
Bruhl is already German native. No need to worry about "the accent".
>>
>>81590680
Evans looks like a fucking prince when he plays Cap. I'm gonna cry like a bitch when he dies. Hope Tony jumps to catch the bullet though.
>>
>>81590598

Finn's storyline was more plot-focused while Rey's was more about her character arc.

It's why I never cared about her Mary Sue-ness, her mirrored arc of having to throw off the shackles of her past and live life in the present while Kylo is trapped in the past of a grandfather he never met was interesting to me. The physical action scenes mattered less to her character then her emotional arc.
>>
>>81588753
I liked the Vision and how they played him completely straight.

I liked how Ultron seemed a bit like Tony Stark to emphasize that he was kinda like Stark's kid.

I liked the fakeout with Quicksilver dying instead of Hawkeye.

I liked that action scene when Cap and Thor have to save that lady.

uh

I liked that scene where they were all hanging out and trying to pick up Thor's hammer.

I liked that action scene with the truck.

Would've been a top notch movie without all the quips and hamfisted love story tbqhwy
>>
>>81590557
Oh yeah, duh. That makes sense.

I hope there's an African villain too though. Admittedly I don't really know anything about Black Panther but it would be cool to see a villain in the MCU that isn't American, German or Russian
>>
>>81590680
Imma steal that
>>
>>81588905
Disney sets bribing priorities for Marvel & Star Wars flicks.
>>
>>81589850
Unlike Marvel, even normies and casuals have known about it for almost 40 years.
>>
File: 1444707989271.png (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1444707989271.png
10 KB, 400x400
>>81588236
What's there to expect of early reviews and reactions?
True or not, they're always the same shit with every marvel movie
>Best marvel movie ever
>Best capeshit so far
>Very funny and clever
>Much darker than any previous marvel film
>X character in particular was awesome
>>
>>81590729
No way, I want Cap to have a glorious death scene that will leave audiences crying.

Here's what that /tv/ leak said about his death, take it with a grain of salt of course.

>I have legit issue with spending time with people, getting to know them, then watching them go dead, wide-eyed and not making a sound. I'm sorry, but the last efforts of a person who is so selfless that even when their lights are going out they are just plain determined not to stay down because there are things more important is difficult to watch.

>The look he glares back at Crossbones literally gives him pause from through the Sniper's scope. And Steve straight-up does not blink at all or make a sound.

>Bucky does all the screaming. (or most of it, camera focuses on him a lot) and it's downright crippling.
>>
>>81590742
The hammer scene shows Whedon's strength of character interactions. Probably the best scene in the movie.
>>
What I want
Zemo gets deformed, gets the purple mask by the end of it
Zemo is not an amalgam between Zemo I and II, he's full Zemo 2.
Which means he is not a nazi and not connected to Hydra.

Seriously we need more non-Hydra villains and he could easily found the Masters of Evil.
>>
File: pd.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pd.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
Disney's 2016 Movie Schedule

Jungle Book....Good
Civil War...Good
Alice 2...Good
Finding Dory...Good

The BFG and Pete's Dragon...the fuck?
Who signed off on those guaranteed bombs?
>>
>>81588718
>samoan superman
as mandrama fag, this triggers me.
A LOT
>>
>>81590929
Didn't they say that there would be no purple sock in the movie?
>>
>>81590939

>Spielbergo adapting Ronald Dahl

>bomb

It will make all the money and be the first movie to get a 200% rating on RT. It's the perfect storm.
>>
>>81590895
It's the same thing with every movie.
>>
File: dwayne-SUPERMAN-johnson.jpg (63 KB, 978x549) Image search: [Google]
dwayne-SUPERMAN-johnson.jpg
63 KB, 978x549
>>81590976
>Implying you don't want to see Superman Rock Bottom Zod into the Moon.
>>
>>81588905
Gotta have a couple duds to not make it obvious.
>>
>>81590939
Alice 2 is going to be fucking trash, but it'll make mad stacks.
>>
>>81591093
I actually trust Muppets director more than modern Bum Burton.
>>
>>81591018
>Imply I wouldn't rather see him People's Elbow him into the core of the planet
>>
>>81591018
The two minutes for SuperRock to People's Elbow Zod would have been better than all of MoS combined.
>>
>>81591160
Thing is, that might hurt people and Dwayne-Superman-Johnson is all about protecting the innocent first.
>>
>>81589355
>implying that i associate with Pepsi plebeians

Fuck you.
>>
>>81591322
>Implying Ray Charles was a pleb

He had the right one.
>>
>>81590989
He said he wouldn't wear it.
But they can always set up the mask to come out later. Like, getting fucked up in the face is something that happened to Zemo II.

Real talk, no purple sock is like doing Captain America without the red, white and blue.
>>
>>81591122
>>81591093
>>81590939
I hope Time's obsession with the queen isn't too severe and he gets to strut his stuff for what portions of the film he's in.
>>
>>81591390

Yeah, I know. What's incredible is that the Nolan movies did exactly that multiple times. He must have seen them, right? Even just being a fan of the character, he must have seen those movies.
>>
>>81591017
But anyone would expect sequels to the same franchise to get better, not praise them for not getting any better
>>
>>81588571
>Tranktastic

That's a weird way of phrasing Whedonshit.
>>
>>81591662
Trank was way worse than Whedon
>>
>>81588753
It ended.
>>
>>81591703
More then can be said for B v S. I think my showing from two weeks ago is still going.
>>
File: 1458889424767.jpg (80 KB, 507x600) Image search: [Google]
1458889424767.jpg
80 KB, 507x600
>>81591731

>there are people who seriously want a longer cut of BvS
>>
>>81591682
Fair enough.
>>
>>81589933
i'm so glad i'm not the only one who thought that
>>
>>81591779
Why wouldn't you? It's great kino.
>>
>>81590939
>Finding Dory...Good
Nah
>>
>>81589714
reviewing to the demos is more of something an editor would suggest rather than them being beholden to the distributor. other anon is a dumbass saying it's a rule
>>
>>81590989
Yes, but Klaww didn't have his claw in AoU and guess what? He got his hand cut off.
>>
>>81590939
I honest to God thought that was a Shrek sequel. The font looks similar and all.
>>
>>81589371
>literally every character
>hawkeye being the sole exception

Then its NOT literally every character, dumbass.
>>
>>81589422
None of these things were in the movie. You're just seeing what you want to see.
>>
>>81591966
From a money making standpoint, it's better then good. I've seen Finding Dory merch in stores already.
>>
>>81592057
I saw it too.
>>
>>81592070
I'm assuming that's Disney's entire perspective on everything.

>New Star Wars
Let's play it safe and make it the exact same as the previous films.
>New Marvel Film
Let's play it safe and make it the exact same as the previous films.
>>
File: Viv.png (506 KB, 507x359) Image search: [Google]
Viv.png
506 KB, 507x359
>>81589933
>>
>>81592125
And it works.
>>
>>81592125
If it aint broke...
>>
>>81592158
>>81592221
I mean it sells but it leads to a mediocre movie
>>
>>81588430
>a month
It comes out next week everywhere but the US
>>
>>81592293
Quality is subjective. Ephemeral and intangible.
But money, money can be solid. Mathematical. Measurable.
>>
>>81592372
isolated premieres aside, it comes out 27th728th the earliest in most of europe.
>>
>>81592341
>%29
>>
>>81592341
Did those dollars also go into the producer's pockets into making the movie shit?

Cause that way it might actually make a profit, too.
>>
>>81592341
Love the Mouse.
>>
>>81592341
I have never seen such concentrated butthurt in one post
>>
>>81592476
>>81592522
>>81592528
>>81592536
>>81592542
It's a pasta, idiots
>>
>>81592437
in 10k years when the roach civilization that rises from out nuclear debris or alien archeologist come to explore our derelict planet; there is a good chance that good art will remain and will be our only lasting testament in the universe.

While money will literally mean nothing.
>>
>>81592599
no shit.
>>
>>81588937
>>81588974
Casuals at the moment couldn't care less about Spider-Man especially after ASM 2 and I bet those who do are going REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when they see that Andrew Garfield is not playing him especially when they see how young Spidey is.

As for Iron Man, the popularity polls between him and Cap in social media have Cap on the higher but yeah there are some peoole who will see this for Iron Man but most people want to see this because it's a Cap movie, Winter Soldier won a lot of people over to him.
>>
>>81592437
Are you actually autistic? Do you feel obligated to like high selling shitty movies?
>>
>>81590730
Good points, anon. I like it.
>>
>>81592600
I have no problem believing that those mega roaches or aliens will laugh just as much as we did at things like the Donut Shop Scene from Iron Man 2. Nor will I have trouble believing that they'd put currency over "quality" as much as we did.
>>
>>81592437
That's the most autistic thing I've ever heard hahahahaha
>>
>>81592756
No. I like stuff like Platoon and Hotel Rwanda as much as I like The Force awakens and Beverly Hills Cop. I just recognize that a movies quality is ultimately up for debate while gross is not.
>>
>>81590895
I'm an MCU fag and I agree with this 100%. Early or social media reviews are dogshit and poor indicators of quality. Better to wait for some real critical reviews to start rolling in
>>
>>81592916
So, wait till Wednesday.
>>
>>81592906

Can you name, without googling, the top grossing movie of 1985?

Most of the internet who likes movies can name at least one great movie from 1985?

There is no overlap on the answer from both questions

Quality may be subjective but it is also ultimately democratic over time. While a movie's gross income becomes pointless once cultural paradigms fade, because it loses its predictive power.
>>
>>81592845

It wouldn't be Star Wars without pottery.

I really do think there's more to the movie then ANH 2.0, and JJ making a meta-textual story about the legacy of Star Wars and the difficulty of making a sequel to what's basically the single most important film series of all time really worked for me. Having the characters obsessed with their own pasts and the legacy of their fathers was an interesting reflection of the filmmakers.

But I don't want this again. You get one meta wankfest about how important Star Wars is, they can't do it for the entire trilogy and the 800 spinoffs.
>>
>>81593056
I can name it in 84. It was Beverly Hills Cop domestically and Temple of Doom internationally.
>>
File: 1460133286884.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460133286884.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>81593082
>I really do think there's more to the movie then ANH 2.0, and JJ making a meta-textual story about the legacy of Star Wars and the difficulty of making a sequel to what's basically the single most important film series of all time really worked for me. Having the characters obsessed with their own pasts and the legacy of their fathers was an interesting reflection of the filmmakers.
>>
>>81593082
There's more to it alright. It's FN-2187. There is no A New Hope analogue for him. Ir's why he works so well.
>>
File: 1338772127173.jpg (21 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
1338772127173.jpg
21 KB, 500x277
>>81592341
>Capeshit
>Artistic medium
>Snyder a abstractionist genius

Whatever you gotta do to protect your sensitive delicate feelers and acute sense of entitlement, bro.
>>
>>81592856
Probably not.

Considering comedy in those movies is 100% context-dependent.

the revenge/dad issues themes in IM2 will likely be much more accessible to non-humans since we can understand those issues from old/different depictions and perspective, but if we read a comedic poem from native american author written just 500+ years ago , we would not know why it was considered funny
>>
>>81593490
lel
>>
>>81590758
>but it would be cool to see a villain in the MCU that isn't American, German or Russian

So you mean like Ronan?
>>
>>81589000
Where did this come from? AoU deleted scene?
>>
>>81593986
Geez, a lot of work for a deleted scene.
>>
>>81593881
he probably has not seem most MCU movies.

Only a small % of villians have been american/russian/german. Best bad dude was Loki
>>
File: sadaay.png (31 KB, 113x96) Image search: [Google]
sadaay.png
31 KB, 113x96
>>81589000
>they decided to cut this out instead of the sterilization blashback
>>
>no hype for CW
>the ban evader keeps talking about BvS so people stop criticizing his precious MCU
The ban evader should get a life.
>>
>>81594054
>>81593986
It's in the movie, guys. Vision tears shit up while War Machine is doing his thing.
>>
>>81590939
I'm actually excited for BFG than Alice 2. I'm still cautious for Jungle Book since the kid seems bad.
>>
>>81593986
>>81594054
That scene was in the movie dudes
>>
>>81594120
>I'm still cautious for Jungle Book since the kid seems bad.

If you look at the trailer, the CGI looks 15 years old.

It better have fucking GOAT voice acting (probably wont, since they casted celebrities instead of seasoned VAs) and the better not be annoying.
>>
>>81592341
I don't like this pasta tbf
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu8vC4pC04I

>Cap and Widow dressed in black in a church
Who's dying?
>>
>>81594516
Stop, Cap suffered enough.

Why can't he be happy /co/?
>>
File: average.png (64 KB, 657x385) Image search: [Google]
average.png
64 KB, 657x385
> this film is cited as the best film in the MCU
>>
>>81594614
>70
I wonder what the worst got.
>>
File: smile.gif (2 MB, 322x179) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
2 MB, 322x179
>>81589850
>having to ask
>>
>>81594536
>>81594536

He can't be happy as long as the american dream isn't realized, and since its an unattainable ideal, he will never be happy unless he becomes corrupted at some point (like on the House of M What If).
>>
File: 1369678721037.png (14 KB, 439x109) Image search: [Google]
1369678721037.png
14 KB, 439x109
>>81594784
Being Cap is suffering.
>>
>>81594669

Most MCU films are in the mid 60's
>>
>>81595013
bribes
>>
>>81594614
Are they wrong? I'm sure it is
>>
File: fucking christ.jpg (19 KB, 300x354) Image search: [Google]
fucking christ.jpg
19 KB, 300x354
I swear to god it's the same faggots that want a /cpsht/ board that keep spamming and baiting company wars. Is there a full moon out? Where is this extra autistic energy coming from?
>>
>>81594770
He's going to rape me.
>>
>>81595013
>this film is cited as the best film in the DCEU

except its not and there are only two movies so far.
>>
>>81590840
The First Avenger and Ant-Man were rotten at first (the former was rotten for days until it crawled to 70)
>>
>>81595876
sure
>>
>>81596003
contain 17 threads out of how many?
>>
>>81594614
desu quips weren't funny
>>
>>81596095
>>
>>81590524
They could have Man-Ape or Killmonger working with Klaw.
>>
>>81590540
Yeah, because he was the only new character that wasn't just a rehash of an OT character.
>>
>>81588430
>movie does nonstandard thing
>movies does standard thing

Shitposting ignorant fuckhead
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.