[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come we never got a sequel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Eddie.jpg (23 KB, 300x373) Image search: [Google]
Eddie.jpg
23 KB, 300x373
How come we never got a sequel?
>>
File: 1455132143805.jpg (27 KB, 292x290) Image search: [Google]
1455132143805.jpg
27 KB, 292x290
>>81585662
Mario died
>>
>>81585662
This movie is perfect, prove me wrong.
>>
File: hot opinions.png (553 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
hot opinions.png
553 KB, 555x644
>>81585702
You are wrong.
>>
>>81585662
too expensive and time consuming in multiple ways.
>>
>>81585662
It's good just the way it is. A shitty cash-in sequel would have tarnished it.
>>
>>81585662
Why do people constantly think things need sequels
>>
>>81585662
Good movies don't need sequels. Believe it or not there was a time when filmmaking was actually an art and good movies were timeless. Studios would take chances and do really original stuff, instead of endless and forgettable sequels.
>>
Aren't Disney and Dreamworks collaborating on The BFG?

Maybe they could work together on Roger Rabbit 2 someday.
>>
because not everything needs a shitty direct to video sequel
>>
>>81585684
only two years ago

>>81585662
gypsy work ethic
>>
>>81585662
it's getting one in 2018 but it's more of a remake.Roger Rabbit 2 Return to ToonTown. it'll include minions and steven universe, FNAF and what ever else triggers the hell out of /co/
>>
File: 04+Roger+Rabbit.jpg (38 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
04+Roger+Rabbit.jpg
38 KB, 600x315
What would kill CG characters?
>>
>>81585909
the Fandom
>>
>>81585662
Oh but you will and it will be directed by Max Landis and it will star Melissa Mccarthy as the lead role
>>
>>81585909
Batman

with a gun
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1QC2KMJndw
>>
File: RogerRabbitToonPlatoon.jpg (17 KB, 267x220) Image search: [Google]
RogerRabbitToonPlatoon.jpg
17 KB, 267x220
>>81585662
Because is involved Nazis, which Steven Spielberg didn't want to do. It was going to be a prequel on how Roger met and saved Jessica from Nazis. After Spielberg made Schindler list he didn't want a comedy with Nazi

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/2005/08/07/script-review-roger-rabbit-ii-the-toon-platoon/

Test footage of a CGI attemp
thttps://youtu.be/TsMPd2ceiFA
>>
>>81585949
Pussy Spielberg.
>>
>>81585949
>makes millions off the Holocaust
>will not try making the kind of comedy Ernst Lubitsch excelled at
Oy.
>>
>>81585824
That is the cost of rising budgets. With more money on the line, it leads to less risks in movies, unless you go full indie.
>>
>>81585662
Made the main actor a bit crazy so I doubt he'd have been in for another bout.
Not like everything that's good needs a fucking sequel anyway.
>>
>>81585909
Magnets.
>>
>>81586166
I think it's probably more about context. When Lubitsch was alive the Nazis were still very much around, even after the war ended - when he died, there were still real fears that occupied Germany might attempt uprisings, and the full extent of the Nazi's conduct wasn't yet known. Nuremberg was still going on, individual nations were hold their own trials of captured Nazis and collaborators, there was talk of them fleeing overseas and setting up in South America.

People needed to laugh at them at that time. They needed to be ridiculed; their pomposity needed to be pointed out and laughed at, because despite all the shitty things they did they were utterly ridiculous. It was like someone had put the drama students in charge of a country.

Whereas later, especially by the later 90s, mostly they were dealt with. People had been learning about what they really were for decades, rather than just hearing their own propaganda or how the war was going. So a serious movie about a real story - one that drew the distinction between Nazis by choice and Nazis by force - was a welcome change from decades of fairly two dimensional war movies. To go from that to laughing about them again is something I'm not sure I could do. I'm not saying you can't still laugh at the Nazis - they are after all still ridiculous - but having personally gone over so much historical data to get the story and setting right, it must have been very hard for SeƱor Spielbergo to get into the right frame of mind to laugh at them again.
>>
>>81586371
So he admitted he wasn't good enough. Good for him.
>>
File: ndxiy5snQ61rwr6ku.jpg (41 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
ndxiy5snQ61rwr6ku.jpg
41 KB, 500x382
so been hearing about what the directors and actors thought about it, what about the animator?
>>
>>81586417
Wasn't in the mood for it. You probably wouldn't understand, you're a simple soul and easily pleased.
>>
>>81585662
There was supposed to be a prequel set in WW2, titles Toon Platoon. The screenplay is pretty shitty and ends with the ass-pull reveal of Bugs being Roger's deatbeat dad.
>>
>>81585949
There is zero way that is CGI in 1998, it's 2d with some effects layered on, like the original. It MAY be vectorised art on a computer but not a 3d render
>>
>>81585824
Nah. It's always been the same. Do you not remember the endless universal monster sequels? Or all the comedian movies and sequels like the Stooges and Laurel and Hardy.
>>
>>81586879
>Stooges and Laurel and Hardy.
Those were shorts. Not movies. They were more akin to episodes of a Television show, except that Television hadn't been created yet.
>>
>>81586671
It's CGI, in 1998. It's not much more advanced than the stuff WB/New Line had used in The Mask (1994) and Disney had used in The Lion King (1994) and would use the following year in Tarzan, among other movies.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.