[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starfire Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
Who is Marvel's Starfire?
>>
She-Hulk. Total slut.
>>
>>81583115
Soon she'll be zombie slut.
>>
Spider man
>>
>>81583128
WHAT
>>
>>81583106
Storm, actually.
Her personality evolved in a very different direction, but Starfire was designed along the exact same perameters as Storm (tall, leggy, not wearing much, very exotic-looking, gets naked for no reason, vaguely foreign and lacking understanding of American culture, and of course both are the author/writer's mastubatory fetish) as NTT was largely designed from the ground-up to be DC's answer to Marvel's staggering success with Uncanny X-Men.
So it's more that Starfire is DC's Storm then vice-versa.

To the credit of both groups Starfire and Storm's personalities evolved to be very, very different over time through character development and different storylines, so even though they started rather similar by now you'd have a hard time even knowing how they started.
>>
>>81583149
Casualty of Civil War 2, senpai.
>>
File: Thumb-starfire2.jpg (51 KB, 481x480) Image search: [Google]
Thumb-starfire2.jpg
51 KB, 481x480
God, she's such a slut now. I miss the original Starfire.
>>
>>81583157
What, seriously? No way.
>>
>>81583174
>original
...that's not the original.
That's a ingenue with her name and without her actual personality. If you're only familiar with the cartoon then you aren't familiar with the original.
Which is okay mind you, it's just best to remember that the world doesn't revolve around your one viewpoint alone.
>>81583180
Viewing how a character STARTED thirty years ago from where it is NOW thirty years later is not correct.
It's like saying that the Russians could never have been considered a threat to the US because they're so poor now, never mind the fact that decades ago the situation was completely different.
>>
>>81583174
this is not the original this is just loli star
>>
File: NewTeenTitansVol1-001[1].png (326 KB, 288x435) Image search: [Google]
NewTeenTitansVol1-001[1].png
326 KB, 288x435
>>81583174

>original
>>
>>81583221
Her personally was pretty different.
She had Starfire's naïveté, but none of her sheer aggression and actually lacked much of her passion in general.

She also lacked get obvious sexualization, but it WAS a kid's show so that's of course to be expected.
>>
>>81583106
Firestar
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 725x1101) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 725x1101
>>81583295
>DOOOHOHOHO!
But actually, Firestar's a weird case.
She originates entirely from Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, and originally she was going to be Johnny Storm.
Marvel decided it needed a superheroine in the role so they made up Firestar, a chick with the Human Torch's powers (sorta).
It was only later that she got a comic adaption.
>>
>>81583157
Storm started out a poor street urchin who married the king of the most advanced race in the world though
>>
>>81583327
>applies for job at School for Lame Mutants
>I only want to teach!
>mission alert
>off-panel change into costume
>guise, I only want to teach, I don't want to be superhero
What a cow.
>>
>>81583106
Medusa
>>
>>81583356
Throw in Dracula and her being bi-curious pansexual omniracial descendant of most powerful sorceress in known universe.
>>
>>81583356
Fun Fact; a character's in-universe origins have absolutely nothing to do with why they were designed to look the way they were in real life, because in-universe is made-up shit created by the writer but real life isn't.

For example: did you know NEITHER Nightcrawler OR Storm were originally X-Men designs and were recycled from unused ones on a different project entirely?
Then the artist (Cockrum BTW), liked them so much he reused them, even though their characters and personalities were completely different in X-Men.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 271x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 271x400
>>81583404
Storm was originally meant to be some kind of cat-person in Legion of Superheroes, but Cockrum never got to use the design. So he just reused it for X-Men, which of course changed everything about the character.
That's why her eyes had slitted pupils for years BTW; she had cat-eyes.

Same with Starfire; yes her origins and even personality look nothing like Storm's, but she was CREATED to fulfill a similar role on the team visually.
What I love is how you can see the differences in Wolfman's writing and Claremont's writing in how the two character's diverged.
A lousier pair of writers would have one be a ripoff of the other, but Wolfman instead had Kory be visually evocative of Storm but put emphasis on her entirely different personality.
>>
>>81583375
Yeah, I don't get your reference.
That isn't actually her origins and since the X-Everyond have been written like horseshit for decades I don't really follow what they may have or haven't done with her character since then.
>>
>>81583472
Amazing X-Men. There's also issue with her, Bobby and Peter after his mind came back from vacation forced by Otto.
>>
>>81583505
Huh. I see.
>>
>>81583505
You sound autistic
But the issue you're talking about is one of the worst comics I've ever read
The dialogue is so shitty and infuriating that I honestly did not belive what I was reading
>>
>>81583454
Then they reused Storm's original idea again and created the Hellion Catseye.
>>
>>81583599
Never occurred to me, but that's probably true.
>>
File: DARKNESSES.png (1 MB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
DARKNESSES.png
1 MB, 1000x750
>>81583454
>A lousier pair of writers would have one be a ripoff of the other
What, like Wade Wilson and Slade Wilson? :^D
>>
File: _.png (93 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [Google]
_.png
93 KB, 1198x1200
>>81583209
>>81583221
>>81583240
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.