[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this going to work? The show versions have absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
How is this going to work? The show versions have absolutely no reason to come together.
>>
They do really
>>
HAND is going to be behind all their powers. We already know they tie in to Daredevil. They'll be explained more in Iron Fist but from what I can tell they're also behind JJ and Power Man getting their abilities as well.
>>
They all operate in the same city

The Avengers had less reason to come together
>>
It's almost like it's adapted from a source material which uses ways to bring random characters together to stop a common threat. Yeah you're right OP, what the fuck are Netflix thinking?
>>
>>81577852
The avengers had nick fury though

There's no nick fury figure here
>>
File: just needs an eyepatch.jpg (77 KB, 881x273) Image search: [Google]
just needs an eyepatch.jpg
77 KB, 881x273
>>81577908
>>
>>81577734
>How is this going to work? The show versions have absolutely no reason to come together.

The Hand and Black Sky seem like they're going to play a part in every series along with the people experimenting on kids.
>>
>>81577908
QT brown is in all the series
>>
>>81577828

>More Ninja shit

JUST

Why couldn't they all just want to stop Kingpin
>>
4 players co-op beat em' up video game when?
>>
Couldn't Daisy come in and just like kill all of them if she wanted to?
isn't AoS better than all this Netflix shit?
I guess Iron Fist has a reason to exist but wtf do the rest do but punch a little hard or something
>>
>>81578142
That would be dragging. Would rather just lawyer adventures where DD would "cheat" by visiting and investigating on places that require his parkour skills while having Frank's trial and escape as a season finale.
>>
>>81580535
Depends on what you're looking for.

DD S1 was alright up until the death of the Russian, which by then it drags on to reveal a costume that's slightly worse looking than the black millar.

JJ had a good premise but dragged on so hard with the main villain just escaping again and again with the white guys being treated as crazy.

DDS2 had a great start with Frank but the ninja stuff felt empty and made Matt more of a dick.
>>
File: Trash.jpg (33 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Trash.jpg
33 KB, 640x640
>>81580535
>isn't AoS better than all this Netflix shit?
It's rare to find taste this bad.
>>
File: 1458057176784.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1458057176784.png
377 KB, 498x497
>>81580535
>isn't AoS better than all this Netflix shit?
>This is what AoSfags actually believe
>>
>>81580594
>and again with the white guys being treated as crazy
You're looking for reasons to get offended.
>>
oh boy I fucking love ninjas

ninjas in the morning ninjas in the evening
>>
>>81580535
AoS is more formulaic. Basically the CSI of superhero shows.

The netflix shows are noir dramas.

Power man is in the same range of strenght/endurance as Cap (cap has a lot more training/experience tho)

Iron fist could easily be Black Panter-like in strenght/endurance. So a step above cap.

Jessica Jones is basically shit
>>
>>81580599
>Le Ebin moonman

Why can't you guys ever hide your autism?

And while you're at it, learn how to draw an AK.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>81580535
and superman is the best character ever because he's the bestest puncher.
>>
>>81580633
Moonman is now marvel canon tbqh. He is an Inhuman
>>
I think it'll be Kingpin. He'll start up again from prison and start interfering with Jessica/Luke's world. For DD/IF I'm thinking the Hand brings them together. Then DD introduces IF to Luke/Jessica when they take down Kingpin who's been bankrolling the Hand, and has Elektra under his control/employment.
>>
>>81580611
Nah, not even remotely biased about race, but I did find it funny how Nuke was right but kept being shown as a deterrent to Jessica's master plan which all went down the shitter somewhere in episode 10 or so, the guy who had a crush on Jessica being screwed over by Jess having open door sex and getting killed by David Tennant without getting anything good in his life and the guy with his crazy wife who tried to kill Jessica out of being a metahuman.

Jess was a mess after red ranger dumped Reuben's body.
>>
>>81580627
JJ fucks all the men. That's the glue that holds the team together, her worn out pussy.
>>
>>81580627

The should just name this team something like Netflix Avengers or Bendis' Street Team

The Defenders have most often been an extremely OP team and this isn't remotely that
>>
>>81577734
They are going to have an epic twist where Foggy turns out to be Luke and Jessica's time-traveling kid, sent back in time as a sleeper agent by his sensei Daniel Rand, to prevent Matt and Frank's marriage in the year 2021
>>
>>81580698
>Featuring Samuel L. Jackson as Jessica's used-up hole.
>>
>>81580776
Except when theyve been street level in later incarnations which this is a play off of.
>>
>>81580776
more like KickassTorrents Avengers
>>
>>81580698
Maybe Danny might spit roast her with Luke, but I'm sure Matt's heightened senses would have him vomiting from her sheer B.O.
>>
>>81580694
I'm pretty sure Jessica arguing with nuke over morality was she was trying to prove she had some sort of golden core inside her still, going murder mode would just prove doctor who right. It's why she wanted to Doctor Phil him. In the end she goes all mike Tyson on him and sort of proves he was right, Jessica's a broken sick person inside and she never really gets the closure she craved. It was a pretty brutal end.
>>
>>81580973

I like how MU Jessica is even worse but pregnancy magically redeems her for no real reason
>>
>>81580776
seriously fuck most /co/ hypocrites
Daisy is arguably the best the Bendis ever made
his Spider-Woman waannabe Forest Gump bullshit sucked
Powers a shit and gets picked up on like PS2 network?
new cool Cage without any cool roots?
Daredevil just Miller turned up to 11
and everyone defends it
AoS is at least fun
that fucking season finale was better than Age of Ultron
most the action scenes, even from season 1 are on par if not better than those hyped up DD scenes
the only good part about the Netflix series was the Punisher and even he was was pinner as fuck
based Ward is a way better character
General fucking Talbot is better
>>
>>81577734

I still feel their was a missed opportunity to introduce Jessica to Matt in the last episode of her show. When Jess is in the interrogation room after Hogarth was in all that shit sand couldn't defend her Matt should have came in and said he is acting as Miss Jones legal council.
>>
>>81577983
"MUTUAL FRIEND"
>>
>>81581074
>was better than Age of Ultron
Thats not saying much
>>
>>81581074
>AoS is at least fun

kek

Up until mid season 2 it was the most fucking generic procedural ever shat by Marvel.

Doesn't matter if it got good later, IT TOOK ALMOST 30 EPISODES FOR THAT.
>>
>>81580627
>Power man is in the same range of strenght/endurance as Cap (cap has a lot more training/experience tho)

No.
Luke is literally bulletproof and has super-strength, around 5 tons or so.
His skin and muscles are like high-quality body armor; bullets feel like light punches, stab wounds do nothing to him, and shotguns and fully automatic weapons feel like getting hit especially hard.

The shotgun actually only caused what amounted to a regular concussion on him; it's just since his skin and muscles and bomes are so tough the condition got worse since he couldn't heal normally.
>>
>>81580627
>Iron fist could easily be Black Panter-like in strenght/endurance. So a step above cap.

Iron Fist is below Cap and BP physically, but not very far below. BP is about on par with Cap but has super-senses while Cap does not.
Danny's primary asset is his martial arts skills, which probably exceed Cap's and also grant him esoteric physical abilities such as his titular Iron Fist.

Do you even fucking read comics?
>>
>>81580776
It's really obviously based off of the "unofficial" team called "Marvel Knights", which involved a lot of street-level heroes.
>>
>>81581281
Isn't 5 tons making him WEAKER then Spider-Man, actually?
>>
>>81577734
Why not? They all are going to be stationed in New York, and they all care about the city's well being. If there is a threat that affects New York City as a whole, it's more than enough justification to bring them all into contact with each other to fight whatever that is.
>>
>>81581366
I thought that was well established.
>>
>>81581366
Yeah, originally he was.
That isn't to say that fighting him is a smart idea; since Luke's body was heavier and his skin and bones were harder while Spidey's was just marginally tougher (he's nowhere near bulletproof like Luke is), him hitting you with half of Spidey's strength is like being hit with half of Spidey's full strength of his fists were made out of lead lined with steel, so Luke REALLY has to pull his punches to not kill people.

Later on his powers got jacked up even more impressive so he could bench around 25 tons, which remarkably Bendis had nothing to do with at all.
>>
>>81581281
>>81581319

>the comics are the same as the MCU

im talking about the netflix+mcu shit

Luke is extremely underwhelming in the series. Both fighting and his endurance. In the comics it took a souped up adaptoid blast to hurt him, in the series a shotgun can do the same.

In this same setting iron fist' chi stuff should put him above cap if done right.
>>
>>81577734
Hasn't Defenders always been Team Leftovers, anyway? A bunch of guys who aren't with the X-Men or the Avengers or any other team that team up when the other guys are too busy?
>>
>>81581471

>Namor
>Hulk
>Dr Strange
>3 of the O5
>Valkyrie

That aint leftovers son
>>
>>81581417
So basically what you're doing is making random-ass assumptions then with very little information, got it.
Right now we know that Luke is strong and a shotgun to the chin just gives him a concussion, but we don't know how much he can lift because special effects budgets are limited of course, though shit Luke said about "working out in junkyards" implies he might actually be able to lift quite a bit.
We know Jones is ALSO super-strong (perhaps stronger then Luke since he wrestled her a bit when they first found out they both had powers he SHE was able to pin HIM), but unlike Luke she doesn't have unbreakable skin. She can without any effort lift a car off it's hind wheels one-handed, and make some pretty impressive leaps since she was able to get away from Nuke and his cronies with just ONE of them.

That's the literal extent of the information we have. Nothing else.
Everything else is just guesswork based on nothing except your imagination.
>>
>all these people hating on ninjas
Boy, /co/ sure loves reading comics! The only bad thing about ninjas this season is the fact that they never explain what the hell is Black Sky. Other than that you should take that Frank dick out of your mouths already.
>>
>>81581471
Not exactly.
And in fact, with the exception of Luke none of these characters have ever even been a PART of the Defenders.
They're just using another licensed team name Marvel owns in lieu of calling them "Marvel Knights".
>>
>>81581506
>>81581506
>That's the literal extent of the information we have. Nothing else.
>Everything else is just guesswork based on nothing except your imagination.

Which is the exact same thing you are doing

Or do you claim to have secret info we don't?

No? Then fuck off.
>>
>>81581501
Don't forget the best member
>Howard, master of Quack-Fu
>>
Coulson will appear at the end of Iron Fist and pull a Fury.
>>
>>81581515
>Boy, /co/ sure loves reading comics!
Does it surprise you? 80% of /co/ couldn't be bothered.
That said, I think we can guess at what the Black Sky is; it's like some kind of fucked-up magical super-soldier program. That's why they had another one and wanted the other kids too.
>>
>>81577734
>The show versions have absolutely no reason to come together
the same organization, IGH, produced the chemicals that gave DD and JJ their powers. This organization likely has ties to the lab that gave Kilgrave and Luke Cage their powers.

Iron Fist probably just meets Luke Cage, hears about it, and decides to help because he's a good person. Maybe it turns out the company also killed his dad
>>
>>81581543
No, I was talking about the comics since I mistakenly assumed that's what you meant, for which I apologize.
YOU were talking out of your ass since you sure as shit haven't shown any knowledge of them yet so far.
>>
>>81581551

Coulson gets on my nerves after so much expository dialogue on AoS

I hope he dies for reals
>>
>>81581588
>YOU were talking out of your ass since you sure as shit haven't shown any knowledge of them yet so far.

>We have to prove to some retard with zero reading comprehension that we know the comics to talk about a netflix superteam that shares nearly nothing with its MU counterpart other than the name

kek
>>
>>81581668
>shares nearly nothing with its MU counterpart other than the name

Speaking of which, I recognized the "style" of shows they were doing actually as being a reference to the Marvel Knights imprint and unofficial "Team" right away (sans Moon Knight and Spidey of course), but I'm kinda confused why they don't call the team that.
Do they just feel they just need a more "official" name then Marvel Knights or some shit?
>>
>>81577734
Figured Claire/Night Nurse would get them together seeing as so far she's the only one who's met all three.
>>
>>81581740

Probably because "The Defenders" sounds better and Marvel Studios had no plan to use it
>>
>>81581780
I suppose that's true enough.
Not like the actual Defenders team is going to be showing up anytime soon anyway, either the original OR the extended team roster.
>>
>>81578142
Rather have Ninjas than HYRDA shit if i had to be quite very honest with you
>>
>>81578142
>>81582819
I like that Nobu filleted Daredevil and Fisk's notions that the city is "theirs." The city belongs to no one and they're both idiots for being so attached and protective of it.
>>
File: 4bf.png (181 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4bf.png
181 KB, 625x626
>>81580535
Yeah, sure.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.