[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/04/07/ kevin-smith-says-geoff-j
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2
File: geoff-johns-kevin-smith-178004.jpg (106 KB, 655x370) Image search: [Google]
geoff-johns-kevin-smith-178004.jpg
106 KB, 655x370
http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/04/07/kevin-smith-says-geoff-johns-confirmed-working-on-batman-movie-s/

>"He's been working on a solo script with Geoff Johns as well. Last conversation I had with Geoff Johns I was like are you working on it? and he said yeah. I said what's it like man, how do you co-write with someone? and he's going we just break it up, he takes halves and I take halves and then we write, and then we switch material, and then he goes over mine and I go over his. That sounds so f****** fun man."

Do you trust Geoff "New Cereal God" Johns to deliver The Batman, releasing Halloween 2018?
>>
That explains a lot actually
>>
Can Geoff write a convincing Dark Knight Detective?

Because I want a fucking Batman who actually does detective shit on screen already.
>>
>>81574665
No. He hates Batman.

He made him a weakling in Earth One and an impotent prat in his Justice League.
>>
>>81574294
I hope it's limited to just pointing Ben at books because I wasn't too impressed with Earth-One.
>>
>>81574745
>He made him a weakling in Earth One
>impotent prat in his Justice League.
Batman is mortal. He's supposed to be weak.
>>
>>81574294
Affleck also confirmed this during an interview leading up to BvS.

He's probably going to start production on it after JL is done filming.
>>
>>81574665
>Because I want a fucking Batman who actually does detective shit on screen already.

He spent like the first hour and a half of the movie doing detective work.
>>
>>81574665
what do you consider detectivework? Do you mean in the style of the classic Poe/Christie detectives where detectivework becomes a parable of statistics, gathering evidence and an aggregate of clues to create a solution, or do you mean the hard-boiled Private Dick detectivework, using language as a tactical tool to achieve results? or do you mean like police detectivework - forensic analysis and psychoanalyzing, painting a portrait of a criminal whilst catching them through scientific methods?
>>
Which batman villain would you want Johns to fix?
>>
>>81576833
>most likely choice
knowing johns and the dceu, he likes under the red hood and killing joke so it will most likely be a red hood,/joker story, maybe with black mask too

>unrealistic expectations
johns is pretty much on record with stating scarecrow and catwoman are his favorite bat villains, so maybe those two in a film together somehow would be cool to see
>>
People need to see how weird Batman's villains can be. Let's go Clayface.
>>
>>81576791
He should be a master of all three, hence the name "World's Greatest Detective"

Or at least have a supporting cast who can help him do the investigation
>>
>>81577085
>Or at least have a supporting cast who can help him do the investigation
Enough with this detective work by committee bullshit.
>>
>>81574294
Out of every writer, they have Johns write Batman. Except for Earth one, which was mediocre, has he even written a street level story?
>>
>>81574294
>and he's going we just break it up, he takes halves and I take halves and then we write, and then we switch material, and then he goes over mine and I go over his.
That sounds like an easy way to get a really disjointed script.
>>
>>81574665
I was rewatching IM3 the other day and it felt like there was more detective shit there than in most Batman movies.
>>
>>81574665
There was more detective work in the first half of BvS than all three Nolan movies.
>>
>>81577250
No, that would require him to write about real people with real problems instead of folks in their pajamas jerking off over their legacies.
>>
>>81577434
>folks in their pajamas jerking off over their legacies.
So, Batman?
>>
>>81577494
Of course that includes Batman. But I mean he can't write Gotham.
>>
>>81576529
I'm not going to lie to you, I'd rather have Bendis than fucking Johns in anything related to Batman
>>
>>81577167
Batman can't do a major part of actual detective work, witness interviews, he's restricted entirely to surveillance and forensics.

>>81577338
It's the same, "computer enhance and rotate" shit from CSI.

>>81577434
Read Stars and STRIPE, which is pretty much Judy Blume mixed with superheroes.
>>
>>81574745
>He made him a weakling in Earth One
It's a different and entirely valid alt. depiction of Batman

>an impotent prat in his Justice League.
And that's exactly in character for Batman.
>>
>>81576665
>He spent like the first hour and a half of the movie doing detective work.

Anon, it doesn't count unless he's shown using a magnifying glass to look up fingerprints.
>>
>>81576833
Mr -freezem he will turn him into a racist pedo that hates women and wants to turn the world into icecream-

>>81577685
>witness interviews, he's restricted entirely to surveillance and forensics.

He does all that.

>>81578427
I like how this post shows the people that defends johns take on batman: people that doesnt like batman
>>
>>81577085
>Or at least have a supporting cast who can help him do the investigation

You mean like Alfred phoning in research info or Batman talking to Oracle, which everybody bitch about because "muh Batman needs to do everything himself or it don't count"?
>>
>>81578513
>people that doesnt like batman

Oh fuck off. The entire original argument was just "Johns' Batman sucks because it's not muh Batman" and nothing else. Bitching about Batman being different in a goddamn Elseworld story is completely inane, and Batman has decades worth of stories of him being a prat.
>>
>>81578620
>Bitching about Batman being different in a goddamn Elseworld story

There's several dozens Batman elseworlds, this is the only one where he is a selfish manchild that steps on evidence, is not above average intelligence, and falls into trash cans, Johns Batman is terrible since he doesnt understand the most basic stuff about the character. And he never will since he wasnt a batman reader. There's at least 10 different versions of Rookie batman and he was never an incompetent douchbag. As for the league he does nothing for 50 issues.

JOHNS doesnt deserve to be involved ina batman movie, is a fucking asshole that took the spot that Morrison or O'neil could had used.
>>
>>81574745
>impotent prat in his Justice League
Made him the god of knowledge.

You batfags are never happy.
>>
>>81578835

The butthurt is strong in this batfag.
>>
>>81578917
>Made him the god of knowledge.

He has done nothing for 8 issues, the arc is shit.
>>
>>81578978
He got a comfy chair, I wouldn't do anything either.
>>
>>81578917
>>impotent prat in his Justice League
>Made him the god of knowledge.

That shows how little Johns knows about both characters. Metron and Batman had nothing to do with each other. Orion and Batman do share themes.
>>
>>81578978
>He has done nothing for 8 issues, the arc is shit.

He's suppose to be the new Metron, sitting on a chair and being a dick is exactly what he ought to be doing.
>>
Anything is better than fucking Goyer.
>>
>>81574294
Fuck I misread that as Kevin Smith AND Geoff Johns working on Batman movie.
>>
>>81579186
No one has done anything, also, that's not Metron role, metron always claim to be neutral and always gets involved.

The arc has been bad and Johns contradicted himself.
>>
>>81577304
Obviously they have a story planned out before they actually start writing it.

And the whole purpose of going over each other's material is to make everything gel
>>
>>81579425
It's a shame that affleck probably knows more about batman than geoff "red hood is my favorite" Johns
>>
>>81574294
why the fuck does he do this wide-eyed look

he does it in every fucking pic

even when his relatives died.
>>
So we'll have JL part 1 in 2017 and a Batman movie in 2018. I'm guessing the JL movie will go the way BvS did, because Zack Snyder and the Batman movie actually be good.
>>
>>81578835
Batman in Earth One is just starting out. Yeah, he's gonna step on evidence and fall into trash cans. Similar things happened in Year One, I think, but everybody jerks off to that.
>>
>>81578835
>JOHNS doesnt deserve to be involved ina batman movie, is a fucking asshole that took the spot that Morrison or O'neil could had used
Johns was chosen because he literally picksd himself
>WB Employees: Hey, Johns. We need some comic book writers to help with the Batman branch of the DCEU?
>Geoff Johns: Whhhhhy yes! Me of course! I totally love Batman! No one knows more about Batman than me! I love all Batman comics like Under the Hood...and...Under the Hood!
>WB Employees: Duuh, Okay. We'll send the check in da mail.
>Geoff Johns: Suckers!
Geoff Johns should be working on the Cyborg solo movie since he's the one who convinced WB and DC that he needed to be on the Justice League (can't have John Stewart on there. GL needs to be saved for later so that Hal can be the main GL)
>>
>>81576665
I didn't see him do any paperwork. Did you mean surveillance? Surveillance isn't detective work, it's stalking.
>>
>>81574796
Johns is a producer/writer. The whole point of reorganizing DC Entertainment into a more unified entity and bringing DC Comics over to Burbank was this. So what if Green Lantern flopped? That was under the old boss. Besides, it was five years ago.

>>81577167
>>81578558
This is the problem with the title "world's greatest detective". It's cockshite. Half of the people who hear it don't have any idea what detectives actually do; the rest have very specific fixations on certain aspects of detective work, and the movies being limited by time (even at three hours!) can't adequately show either side what they really want. Except the total morons who think "following very obvious clues" is detective work and not "being led by the nose".
>>
>>81582212
In year one, the animated series, the Anime movie. Several elseworlds, Zero Year, Legends of the dark knight. etc. In pretty much everything.

The difference was HOW. In some he jumps into a gargoyle and the gargoyle brakes and he has to save himself. In others the criminals beat him into a pulp (in Year one that happens after one criminal is so scared it almost died and he has to save him), in others he scares children, in others he get shot and beaten.

In Earth one he fails to do a jump criminals can make, since he isnt as good jumping as them and falls into trash cans. A Batman that is SO stupid he doesnt know stepping into evidence is a bad thing at age 25 (something anyone over 6 knows). Johns bruce is neither capable nor intelligent. Is a terrible rookie that is both arrogant and doesnt have any habilitie to back up that arrogance.
>>
>>81577685
Does that bit with the skylights and the punching count as witness interviews
>>
>>81583809
Earth One is all about a Bruce without the training from Ras Ah Ghul and various others learning to be Batman through firsthand experience.

He fell into trash because his grappling hook malfunctioned, not because he couldn't make the jump.
>>
>>81584021
>>
>>81584021
>without the training from Ras Ah Ghul

I love when people defending Earth one shows their deep understanding of Batman.
Well, that's another Elseworld batman that has several problems as a rookie, and doesnt look dumb and incompetent.
>>
>>81584080
Thanks for leaving out the page showing the staircase the other guy landed on breaking off the building. It's not like that wasn't a key element to his missing the jump or anything
>>
>>81584096
Okay but thats a seperate elseworlds.
>>
Gotta love it when batfags get bent out of shape anytime someone has Batman not be john cena for five minutes.
>>
>>81583809

There's nothing wrong with an elseworld Batman where they treat the entire Batman thing more comedic and realistically. It's cute and funny and subverts the God of Prep time Batman that has been dominating comics for ages. And I say that as someone who is not even that big of a fan of Geoff's Earth One Batman overall.
>>
>>81584140
A Batman that cant calculate distance? Sounds legit.
>>81584168
But Nolan Realistic batman was never as incapable as this, or Btas batman.
>>
>>81584266
>. It's cute and funny and subverts the God of Prep time Batman that has been dominating comics for ages

And you have like 60 issues of that in Legends of the Dark Knight.
>>
I'm excited about it. People are forgetting that it's Johns and Affleck writing it, and Affleck is a huge Batman fan. It should be fine.
>>
>>81584282
Its a good thing this isnt nolan or btas bats then
>>
>>81584282
A Batman that is flawed on his first day? The horror. You and anyone else basically cried "not muh" all thread long. It sounds a LOT like the "Steve Trevor is black in E-One" threads
>>
>>81584282
Earth One is all about Batman learning to be Batman . Thats the point of it.

By the end of the first volume we see him sucessfully take down his first villian. And volume 2 is about him learning how to be a detective and the value of it.

But same with Johns Shazam people seem to forget character development exists.
>>
>>81576791
What do you all that thing Columbo did, when he gathered up incoherences until he could be smug at the guy that actually did it? I want Batman doing that.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.