[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John K General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14
File: someimaginationhuh.jpg (547 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
someimaginationhuh.jpg
547 KB, 400x267
http://www.michaelbarrier.com/Feedback/feedback_johnk.htm

> "I think you have made up in your mind what the perfect cartoon for you is and you are looking for only those elements in everything you watch and when a cartoon doesn't give you that (which 99.9999 percent of them won't) you can't see all the other good things that are happening that people of wider tastes can appreciate."

LOL
>>
http://gadworks.tumblr.com/post/142428700218/big-announcement-john-k-and-i-are-in-the-process
>>
File: 1457283902482.png (162 KB, 339x361) Image search: [Google]
1457283902482.png
162 KB, 339x361
>>81568409

I always thought, out of all the cartoons I ever saw, that Ren and Stimpy was the only one that remained pretty good even after the creator left. I never really knew much about Kricfalusi until many years after, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that his absence was perhaps for the better. The only thing John added to the show was the initial concept, and the edgier and more adult jokes.

And while these aspects left the show after his production ended, the later seasons focused more on clever writing, something John K. really hasn't excelled at in ANY shape or form throughout his career. The animation in R&S stayed pretty amazing too, so it's clear that his style was pretty easy to replicate and improve on. Probably why he doesn't get any work these days.
>>
>>81570258
>Probably why he doesn't get any work these days.
He talks a lot of shit but can't make deadlines. It is that black and white.
>>
>>81568409
>Naked Beach Frenzy, which is extremely popular everywhere I show it,

I think this is the problem. He only associates with people who already agree with him, because most people thought that episode was ass.
>>
>>81571188
Naked Beach Frenzy is just the best of all the Adult Party episodes. I thought it was funny when I was sneaking downstairs early in the morning at age 10 to find it on youtube.
>>
>>81569994
I wonder what this person's artwork would have looked like had they not been indoctrinated into the John K school of drawing. Which is to only draw like John K forever because everything else is wrong.
>>
File: ren suit.png (294 KB, 540x408) Image search: [Google]
ren suit.png
294 KB, 540x408
johnkstuff.blogspot.com

What do you guys think of the John K Curriculum? I looked at his stuff on writing. He's got some good stuff (write dialogue that could only be said by the character it was written for) but it seems like he's stuck on the idea that all shows should be structured like Ren and Stimpy. He said that scripts for 11-minute cartoons should be one page per two minutes and 22 minute cartoons should be closer to four minutes per page.
>>
File: excuse me.png (720 KB, 1031x1582) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.png
720 KB, 1031x1582
>>81568409
>I could lecture you for days on subtleties in acting and demonstrate it with my pencil and my body. That's the one thing I will brag that I do better than any animator in history.

What the fuck? What the FUCK? What fucking level of self delusion is this? John K is many things but subtle is not one of them, where in the fuck does he get the idea that it's one of his most praiseworthy traits?

What the serious fuck?
>>
>>81568409
I feel like if John K were into video games instead of cartoons, he'd be one of those fourty year old assholes who spends all his time on the internet screaming at teenagers about the xbox three shitty and the playstation REEEEEE being vastly inferior to the nintenDoes what the others don't.

He's just got that personality trait that makes him completely unable to look at himself or his viewpoints objectively, and instead he just assumes that he's right 100% and everyone's absolutely wrong if they disagree with him, and he keeps doubling down on that until everything he says is like some kind of insane parody. He's not even wrong a lot of the time (at least as far as why he likes certain things, if not so much as to why everything that isn't that particular thing is garbage shit crap that should be thrown in a volcano), it's just that he's so narrow minded and egotistical that it's almost repulsive to agree with him.

And then he goes and makes a quote like OP and it's just fucking jaw dropping. Has this man ever had a moment of introspection in his life?
>>
I think it's weird how John K has mutated into a random internet knowitall asshole that trolls forums and shit talks about all forms of media.

If I never heard of Ren and Stimpy I would assume he was just another youtube reviewer that thinks bitching and moaning is the same thing as criticism.
>>
File: toilet_by_kawiko-d4g41lc.png (202 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
toilet_by_kawiko-d4g41lc.png
202 KB, 450x450
>>81572862
>Has this man ever had a moment of introspection in his life?

Not at all. And with his history of failure and repeated firings from work you would think by now he would have taken a look at himself. But he still manages to blame the world and never himself for his shortcomings.

And his horde of worshipers did not help things. But I would have thought that well should have run dry by now.
>>
File: 675765765.jpg (97 KB, 411x413) Image search: [Google]
675765765.jpg
97 KB, 411x413
>>81568409
I would really like to see an animated psychological horror-comedy done by John K. Is that too much to ask?
>>
So what is even happening with Cans without Labels. I can't check the Kickstarter since backers can only see updates but it looks like John has avoided answering any questions about the actual progress of the short.
>>
>>81573132
Apparently there's just six scenes left to animate. Each scene is a little under two minutes long, of course, and it's an eleven minute production, but there's just six scenes left to animate.

Seriously though, John K's gone a little bit fucking screwy in the last few years- I mean, a little moreso then usual- and his extreme habit of freeze framing fucking everything has led to an obsessive compulsion to make every single frame completely different from the last. Of course that makes his videos absolutely unwatchable at regular speed as his character spaz out like the flash with parkinsons, but he's assuming his viewers are also freeze framing his videos so he's animating them individual frame by individual frame ridiculously fucking slowly for the benefit of those people.
>>
>>81573341
>Apparently there's just six scenes left to animate. Each scene is a little under two minutes long, of course, and it's an eleven minute production, but there's just six scenes left to animate.

So he hasn't even started?
>>
>>81573014
you had stimpy's fan club
>>
File: a prank time.webm (2 MB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
a prank time.webm
2 MB, 540x360
>>81573341
Just as a comparison to that webm, here's the work of some random-ass internet animator with almost no acclaim or recognition.
>>
>>81573341
>an obsessive compulsion to make every single frame completely different from the last.

Pretty sure he had this back in his Ren and Stimpy days. I remember reading about how he would go insane on his animators if he ever thought he saw the same expression twice. And make people redo things because he said it looked too much like something from a different episode.
>>
>>81573453
I wasn't being serious with that, he's probably close to being done. Just another ten or fifteen years or so and he'll be right on the verge of releasing it.
>>
>>81573568
>do we have /co/ core now?
>>
>>81573341
Jesus, it's like he's parodying himself, parodying himself, parodying himself in an endless loop of irony and ass
>>
File: stupidsidekick-15_zps0c06eeb3.jpg (104 KB, 704x538) Image search: [Google]
stupidsidekick-15_zps0c06eeb3.jpg
104 KB, 704x538
>>81573341
>his extreme habit of freeze framing fucking everything has led to an obsessive compulsion

He'd enjoy the PPG thread.
>>
>>81573568
TETSUOOOO!
>>
File: 1280px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png (18 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
18 KB, 1280x640
>>81574177
>>
>>81574177
Good lord I'm starting to hive mind, or is the joke played out?
>>
>>81568409
Cans Without Labels kickstarter will be 5 years old this november.
>>
>>81570258
I dunno, man, I don't think a whole lot of R&S episodes after John left are that good or memorable. Funny, sure, but the episodes everyone remembers are Stimpy's Invention, Space Madness, etc.

Not saying the Games episodes were BAD, but they're far less memorable.
>>
>>81575713
I feel like those episodes are more memorable because they were season 1 material that was featured on every early DVD Nick set and even appeared on VHS at the time. And reruns often start at the beginning for Nick shows. As a kid who has access to season 1 material instead of season 2 and beyond it is only expected that the early episodes are more memorable to most due to exposure.
>>
>>81576010
I guess there's that, but I also thought they were generally better looking and funnier.

I mean look at this... I feel like a lot of later R&S episodes look too simple and boring.
>>
File: tumblr_myf6jdueC61r2detio1_500.png (134 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myf6jdueC61r2detio1_500.png
134 KB, 500x360
>>81576418
>>
File: 1386473911743.jpg (53 KB, 491x481) Image search: [Google]
1386473911743.jpg
53 KB, 491x481
>>81570258
It didn't become post-movie Spongebob bad but I think it's a stretch to say the show improved after John K left. I personally think most of the best episodes happened during the first season. (Although the third season did have some fantastic episodes as well.)

>>81571368
>Naked Beach Frenzy is just the best of all the Adult Party episodes
I disagree. Altruists was the least horrible one. If you can get past the log sex scene, that one was actually an okay episode.

Naked Beach Frenzy just seemed so pointless to me because women do not look attractive when they're being drawn in John K's artstyle.

Reaction image unrelated. Just felt like posting it since there's other good reaction images in the thread.
>>
>>81576418
This looks awful.
>>
>the john k. """""style"""""

You mean solid drawing fundamentals?

Yeah, what kind of self-righteous prick would push that kind of shit?
>>
>>81577844
Fuck off John
>>
>>81578383
t. animation """"""""""writer""""""""""
>>
>>81568409
Are you sure that you're not finding the poo and booger jokes just so distasteful to yourself that you're not exaggerating them in your own mind? The thing that I like most about Stimpy's Pregnant is the acting. I don't think you can find anything ever done anywhere that can come close to the subtlety of expression—not the exaggeration—but the specific expressions that they make and in context of the scenes in the story.
>IT WASN'T ME THAT WAS BAD
>IT WAS THE WORLD
Fuck John K.
>>
>>81578512
To be honest, the world does suck.
>>
>awful lot of salty cucks in this thread that wish they had half the success and notoriety John K has

You kids pissed off no one is reading your fanfiction?
>>
File: 513153843.jpg (12 KB, 300x235) Image search: [Google]
513153843.jpg
12 KB, 300x235
>>81578678
>John K
>success
>notoriety
>>
>>81578678
I don't think anyone here wants his kind of "notoriety"
>>
>>81573568
NOOOO
NOT JOHN K APPROVED
IF ITS NOT JOHN K ITS NOT REAL ANIMATION
INTO THE TRASH
>>
>>81578678
Listen, I want to molest Katie Rice, but that's COMPLETELY unrelated.
>>
>>81578678
Ask anyone on the street who John K. is
Tell me how many know
He is not famous outside of the animation community and certainly not successful. No one really cares about his work anymore besides the die hard ANIMATION TODAY IS ALL IRREDEEMABLE GARBAGE ONLY JOHN K CAN SAVE US autists
>>
>>81573568

That was amazing, and I shouldn't have watched it while eating.
>>
>>81579069
>made popular tv series that still influences animation to this day
Yes I'd call that successful
>>
>>81573568
Insanely good
>>
Daily Reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UojpZ_Ec-q8
>>
Someone post that gif of John K getting up angrly and punching a lamp
>>
My Animation teacher is always referring to John K with his full last name and its just weird hearing it since i've spent my entire life just referring to him as John K.
>>
>>81580668
How do you even pronounce it?
Creek-fall-loo-see?
>>
>>81580769
She pronounces it as Cerk-va-loo-chi
>>
>>81568409
Is it just me or did he not extend his sideburns to his jawline? It's bugging me.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.