[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy had a perfectly working get-away-with-murder gun, why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
This guy had a perfectly working get-away-with-murder gun, why didn't he sell that?
>>
>>81551674
Because the finished technology is probably more lucrative and his motivation was obviously more about fucking over Hank than making money most likely.
>>
He didn't want to murder people; he wanted to save the world. Before he bravely volunteered to test the suit which affected his brain and caused him to have uncontrollable violent impulses, he was just a nice guy.

He did nothing wrong.
>>
It really baffles me why he didn't just use the tech for other purposes first, like say shrink down cargo so it's easier to carry and reduce space needed to transport. Like, that would have made him billions.
>>
>>81551927
Just think of the medical applications. Not only could you engineer medicine in wholly new ways, you could make nanotechnology out the ass.
>>
>>81551674
He wanted to prove he could do whatever Hank did, but better.

Do you even Daddy Issues?
>>
>>81551914
A nice guy who cooly killed a man for disagreeing with him before putting on the suit.
>>
>>81552074
He had definitely been exposed to the particles before, especially if he's around using the gun.
>>
>>81552074
You wouldn't kill a guy who stands in your way to save the world?
>>
Because eventually someone would have figured how to make it shrink and his murder gun would be obsolete.
>>
>>81551674
The plot of this movie was stupid in a lot of ways, just forget about it. The action scenes with superpowers were amazing and that's ultimately all I want from a superhero movie (especially about a character I didn't care about before).
>>
>>81552144
>to save the world
At no point was that Cross' motivation.
>>
>>81552112
Why wasn't Pym violently crazy, then?
Sure, he punches a guy or two, but he should be in far worse shape considering he spent half his life messing with Pym particles.
>>
>>81552525

Hanks formula had resolved the side effects
>>
>>81552525
Pym's suit incorporates shielding to stop his brain getting scrambled
>>
Because HYDRA.

HYDRA tells Cross about Antman and Pym Particles. Cross always knew that Pym, his father figure, was holding something back. When he finds out that Pym was a super science super hero, he gets angry and forces Pym out of his company. Then with Hope, Pym's daughter, that he also didn't tell about the Superhero Super Science. They start working to make Pym Particles.

While they hated Pym for his failures as a father. They also were both seeking Pym's approval. They wanted Pym to acknowledge that they were just as good of a scientist as he is.
>>
>>81552525

Hank's version was more stable, the onset of madness was slower which gave him time to come up with protection, and he has spent the last 30+ years avoiding direct exposure to the particles and slowly recovering.

Cross is getting constant doses without any idea of the risks.
>>
Because frank killed him in season 1 and got away with it twice
>>
>>81551674

Maybe the power cartridge for that single shot cost 50k. Or the gun itself had to be rebuilt after each shot, for 250k.

The stealth assassination possibilities were still present but if you really wanted someone dead there are much cheaper options.
>>
>>81552525
>Why wasn't Pym violently crazy, then
all things else aside, it's because he swore never to use them on himself again, which gave his mind time to make some recovery. The way his daughter flinches and shrinks away suggests that he gave her damn good reason to be afraid of his temper while growing up
>>
>>81552859
You could really feel the anger coming from Michael Douglas.
>>
>>81552525
Did you somehow miss all the shots of his meds?
>>
>>81552742
Yeah he means before he developed the suit, He must have created the particles before he had a suit to utilize them
>>
>>81553051
Surely you couldn't shrink without the suit? You'd just die from suffocation among other things
>>
>>81552944
Cry havoc, and let slip the ANTS of war
>>
>>81552004
This.
>>
>>81553105
I thought the reason cross developed a suit was because attempting to shrink organic matter without one ended up with em getting gooped
But cross only seems to realise that in the lamb tests when he shrinks a lamb inside a chamber. It seems a little coincidental that he develops a suit before realising he needs a shell to allow the shrinking to work on people
>>
>>81552859
I loved the subtly interactions between the two. Notice what when ever they share a camera shot they are leaning away from each other. A major wall between those two.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.